Lookinup

Lookinup's intro: please help

Altostrata
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic

Copy and paste the link, from your browser bar.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Lookinup
12 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Copy and paste the link, from your browser bar.

I have tried and cannot do it.  I summarized the results above.

(1.) Mirt. August 2017, 7.5mgs tapered to 3.5mgs over year and stopped 3/19.  Reinstated to 1.8 and stopped in June 2019.  Horrible withdrawals ensued. Panic attacks, insomnia. (2.)Had been taking .75 Klonopin for at least 15 years. (3.)Prozac started June, 2019 due to withdrawal symptoms from Remeron.  Started at 10 mg and cut to 5mg. within 6 weeks. Stayed on 5 mg. Until starting liquid taper Dec. 2019.  Stopped due to sx.  Resumed 4/20, Still reducing. 3.3 mg to go.  (4.) Started Ambien June, 2019 due to insomnia from Remeron w/d. Together with Klonopin caused a lot of interdose withdrawal sx. Barely slept on the medication (2-3 hrs). (5.)75 mg. Tirosent five days and .88 two days (M,TH) taken first thing if a.m. for thyroid (Since 10/19)

REHAB (Feb 1, 2020) Family insisted on rehab to get rid of benzos.  Disaster as always stated!

Feb, 2020 Removed from Klonopin/Ambien and put on Librium.  Quickly reduced to 5 mg.  Left before being completely taken off.  Sent to behavioral health center (two weeks later) and given more drugs! (6.)March, 2020 Taken off Librium and put on Valium

12.5  (taken 3 x day -  2.5 a.m., 2.5 p.m. and 7.5 mg before bed) replaced Librium (7.)Remeron again!  3.75 mg.  8.  Seroquel 50 mg.nightly.

My intro thread - Lookinup's intro: please help

Altostrata

How are you not able to copy a link?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Lookinup
14 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

How are you not able to copy a link?

Maybe it is because I am using an iPad.  I wish I could!  Not a great looking picture for sure.  

(1.) Mirt. August 2017, 7.5mgs tapered to 3.5mgs over year and stopped 3/19.  Reinstated to 1.8 and stopped in June 2019.  Horrible withdrawals ensued. Panic attacks, insomnia. (2.)Had been taking .75 Klonopin for at least 15 years. (3.)Prozac started June, 2019 due to withdrawal symptoms from Remeron.  Started at 10 mg and cut to 5mg. within 6 weeks. Stayed on 5 mg. Until starting liquid taper Dec. 2019.  Stopped due to sx.  Resumed 4/20, Still reducing. 3.3 mg to go.  (4.) Started Ambien June, 2019 due to insomnia from Remeron w/d. Together with Klonopin caused a lot of interdose withdrawal sx. Barely slept on the medication (2-3 hrs). (5.)75 mg. Tirosent five days and .88 two days (M,TH) taken first thing if a.m. for thyroid (Since 10/19)

REHAB (Feb 1, 2020) Family insisted on rehab to get rid of benzos.  Disaster as always stated!

Feb, 2020 Removed from Klonopin/Ambien and put on Librium.  Quickly reduced to 5 mg.  Left before being completely taken off.  Sent to behavioral health center (two weeks later) and given more drugs! (6.)March, 2020 Taken off Librium and put on Valium

12.5  (taken 3 x day -  2.5 a.m., 2.5 p.m. and 7.5 mg before bed) replaced Librium (7.)Remeron again!  3.75 mg.  8.  Seroquel 50 mg.nightly.

Altostrata

Follow these instructions for copying a link and paste it in this topic https://www.wikihow.com/Mail-a-Link-from-an-iPad

Tip: You can look up how to do stuff on the Web.

Lookinup

Lookinup

I think I did it!

Lookinup

I am a mess with worry.  I know Prozac and Remeron are a bad combo. 78 ml left on Prozac!

Altostrata

Good job on the pasting the link.

Your doctors made mistakes, prescribing those drugs together.

I am confused about the Prozac. You started it in June, 2019, at what dosage? How much are you taking now, in milligrams, not milliters? Do you have any adverse effects from it?

On 5/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, Lookinup said:

7:00 a.m. 88 mg.MWF,  75 mg T,Th Tirosent (Thyroid med)

8:30 a.m. Prozac - reducing .01 ml each day.  78 ml left to go.

9:00 a.m. 2.5 mg. Valium

2:00 p.m. 2.5 mg. Valium

8:00 p..m. 7.5 mg. Valium

9:00 p.m. 3.75 mg. Remeron

9:00 p.m. 50 mg. Seroquel

I feel tired during the day, but anxious too.  For some Reason, night time dose of Valium is not calming, it causes my heart rate to increase.  Usually fall asleep within an hour of taking the Remeron and seroquel, but not always,  Wake usually about 2 and take some time going back to sleep. Thank you for getting involved.  I am very down about this.  Is this a hopeless situation?

The dose of Remeron is low, so interactions with the other drugs probably are minor.

However, to clear the decks, you probably could drop it. Since you're taking a boatload of Valium plus quetiapine, my guess is you don't need that little bit of Remeron to sleep. Putting the Prozac taper on hold, you probably could go off mirtazapine fairly quickly, such as 0.25mg every 4 days.

What effects do you feel from quetiapine?

Lookinup
12 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Good job on the pasting the link.

Your doctors made mistakes, prescribing those drugs together.

I am confused about the Prozac. You started it in June, 2019, at what dosage? How much are you taking now, in milligrams, not milliters? Do you have any adverse effects from it?

The dose of Remeron is low, so interactions with the other drugs probably are minor.

However, to clear the decks, you probably could drop it. Since you're taking a boatload of Valium plus quetiapine, my guess is you don't need that little bit of Remeron to sleep. Putting the Prozac taper on hold, you probably could go off mirtazapine fairly quickly, such as 0.25mg every 4 days.

What effects do you feel from quetiapine?

The Prozac was prescribed at 10 mg. Last June when I had horrific withdrawal from Remeron.  I cut to 5 mg after about 6 weeks and the rest hung on.  I am using liquid and started tapering a few months ago.  Have about .78  Of 1 ml syringe to go.  VERY little!  Most people would walk away from it.

Yes, I get pretty knocked out at night time.  From the Seroquel, get very dry mouth, feeling some numbness on bottom of feet and still feeling withdrawal (pains/stiffness in lower back, runny nose) throughout the day from whatever.  I had such a horrible withdrawal from Remeron that persisted with the cascading of the Klonopin/Ambien.  I am scared to death of it and was going to go very slow (5%) a month for as long as it takes to get off that.  But I will follow your advice on everything.

Yes, bad drs.that do not care about my life.  I am so glad to have it and willing to do anything to work through this.  You have no idea how much your support means to me.  I did connect with a psychologist who seems good. Interesting thing is besides my husbands moods and my sadness and anger about these drugs, I have very little to talk about.  I really have a wonderful life, just want to feel good again like I do without drugs.  I feel the best in the morning before I take anything!

I hope you are doing well yourself.  Thank you for helping everyone.

Respectfully,

Lookiup

Lookinup

Other ongoing withdrawal symptoms—uncomfortable heart beat (pounding), tingling in hand, fullness in ear. Why would nighttime dose of Valium make my heart race for a little while?  Paradoxical?

Altostrata

Lookinup, it sounds like you're beginning to work through your environmental problems and reorient your relationship with your husband.

I truly, truly need this to discuss your symptoms:

On 1/13/2020 at 11:52 AM, Altostrata said:

....daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

From now on, post these notes every day, okay?

Lookinup

Yes, I will post.  Thank you.

Lookinup

May 13 -14 24 hr. Notes

7: 30 p.m.Watching T.V. — Subtle Paresthesia in hand.  Overall ok day.  Heart did not pound as much.

8:00. P.m.7 mg. Valium - Heart rate increase for about. 15 min. 

9:00.p.m.  3.75 mg Remeron - Again slight heart rate increase,  abdominal cramping; loud stomach gurgling

9:00  p.m. 50 mg. Seroquel - Noticed very brief faint skin burning on upper outer thigh.

10:30 p.m. Still awake - got up and drank a glass of milk. 

11:15 ish? fell asleep

3:00 a.m. Woke once as usual. Not long after, back to sleep

5:30 a.m. Woke for day - very few slight muscle twitches, brief (5 min) of nausea feeling

Laid in bed hoping to go back to sleep. Noticed ear fullness feeling and slight left hand tingling.  Also noticed that faint skin burning on same place - quickly dissipated; muscle pain in back

7:00 a.m..75 mg Tirosent (thyroid med)- no effects (Had difficulty taking thyroid supplement during benzo meltdown)

8:00 a.m. .78 ml Prozac (line 78 on 1 ml syringe) - no effect; still feeling ear fullness.  No reduction of .01ml a day this week in case hand tingling was coming from too much taper. 

8:30 am. - Fish Oil capsules/breakfast

9:00 a.m. 2.5 mg. Valium - no effect other than tired.  Who feels like taking valium at 9:00 a.m. . . .

9-11  a.m. Household stuff/looked at BenzoBuddies.  Builder says when times comes, DLMT best using liquid valium.  Says aim to reduce 1 mg every 30 days.  Is that a lot?

11:30-12:45  a.m/p.mWalk through park.  Beautiful day.  Sunshine felt SO GOOD. Tried to put all my worries aside and just enjoy.  I realize I need to practice better self-care. Self was never part of my life.  Always taking care of others demands/needs first.   Yes, if I could give a young professional advice, it would be “Put on YOUR oxygen mask first.”  

12:45 p.m.Feeling ok. Still feel a little bit of fullness in ear. 

12:45 p.m. Lunch.- gurgling in stomach after.  Cause?  Had a lot of that after Remeron w/d

2:00 p.m. Valium 2.5 -Pain in shoulder muscles and large joints like I lifted weights.

2-5 p.m. - babysat and worried!

6:00 - Dinner

6:30 - Magnesium Citrate 135 mg.

6:45 - T.V. again - few muscle spasm/twitches upper back

Notes:

Have been feeling very blah lately in addiction to much anxiety.  I was never depressed a day in my life and always wondered what it felt like.  I wonder if I am depressed.  Have been through so much and have had so many changes in meds over past few months ( Mirtz. W/d,. Klonoin/Ambien CT at “rehab”, Librium then Librium CT, Valium, reinstatement of Remeron, Seroquel,). Wish I could feel like myself again!  I am very worried about the Seroquel after learning about how dangerous that drug can be in many ways.  It is hard to turn off the worry.  I am just SO GRATEFUL for your support.  Fortunately, I have a psychiatrist who I tell about you, and he is willing to follow your advice and write prescriptions accordingly for compounding.  He has a Mad in America page.  Am I better off crossed over to Valium to be in position for tapering at some point?   I worry so much about those benzos acting up again. I am determined to make it through with your help.  Thank you very much.  Please let me know if I left out something or if you would like elaboration about anything.

Overall symptoms that come and go:       

*muscle/joint soreness

*runny nose

*fullness in ear

* slight skin burning on thigh

* loud gurgling of stomach

* hand tingling

*spasms/twitches

Shep
On 5/14/2020 at 6:47 PM, Lookinup said:

Household stuff/looked at BenzoBuddies. Builder says when times comes, DLMT best using liquid valium.  Says aim to reduce 1 mg every 30 days.  Is that a lot?

It's best to reduce according to your symptoms. Also, once you get down below 10 mg, a  1 mg reduction will be more than 10%. 

Some people run into problems with the DLMT  - it's easy for the daily reductions to catch up to you because symptoms may not appear for a week due to the long half life. 

8:00 a.m. .78 ml Prozac (line 78 on 1 ml syringe)

How much is this in milligrams? 

How often are you holding? What is your taper rate? 

9:00 a.m. 2.5 mg. Valium - no effect other than tired.  Who feels like taking valium at 9:00 a.m. . . .

Why are you taking Valium during the day?  Please note that valium has a long enough half-life that it doesn't need to be taken so often.  I'm not sure that moving the total dose to night will help, as you already have two sedating nightly drugs. So it may be the morning Valium you'll want to target to reduce next. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Lookinup
6 hours ago, Shep said:

It's best to reduce according to your symptoms. Also, once you get down below 10 mg, a  1 mg reduction will be more than 10%. 

Some people run into problems with the DLMT  - it's easy for the daily reductions to catch up to you because symptoms may not appear for a week due to the long half life. 

How much is this in milligrams? 

How often are you holding? What is your taper rate? 

Why are you taking Valium during the day?  Please note that valium has a long enough half-life that it doesn't need to be taken so often.  I'm not sure that moving the total dose to night will help, as you already have two sedating nightly drugs. So it may be the morning Valium you'll want to target to reduce next. 

I hear you.  Is reducing Prozac .01 ml a day too much?  I am at .78 ml.  Just trying to come up with a plan for after Prozac.  Didn’t know if Seroquel should be next or Valium.  Thanks for your help as usual.

Lookinup

I like the idea of tapering the daytime valium after prozac washout.  How do I go about that using liquid valium 1:1.  The reduction talked about earlier was for 12.5 mg. And reducing .01 ml per day, taking 100 days for 1 mg.  I could surely use some help with how to come up with a sensible reduction if we were to go after the daytime valium—two doses of 2.5. I would love to not take pills during the day! Any help you can provide for dose suggestions would be appreciated.  Is it okay to leave Seroquel until after that?  Thank you, Shep.  I need help for sure.

Shep
14 hours ago, Lookinup said:

Is reducing Prozac .01 ml a day too much?  I am at .78 ml.

How many milligrams is this? 

It depends on what the milligram amount is. If you're down to where you could just stop it, you may be fine. But reducing by .01 mL a day over a month's time is a reduction of .30 mL. That would bring you down to .48 mL, which is a 62% reduction. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Lookinup
1 minute ago, Shep said:

How many milligrams is this? 

It depends on what the milligram amount is. If you're down to where you could just stop it, you may be fine. But reducing by .01 mL a day over a month's time is a reduction of .30 mL. That would bring you down to .48 mL, which is a 62% reduction. 

I am at .78 ml on a 1 ml syringe. Is it best to take off their reduction at one time or over several days like I have been doing?

Lookinup
Just now, Lookinup said:

I am at .78 ml on a 1 ml syringe. Is it best to take off their reduction at one time or over several days like I have been doing?

Like should I take off 10% once a month?  This is Prozac and I have not felt it much but don’t want to either.  

Just now, Lookinup said:

Like should I take off 10% once a month?  This is Prozac and I have not felt it much but don’t want to either.  

Maybe I should not be doing a daily liquid taper for that?

Shep
6 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

I am at .78 ml on a 1 ml syringe.

Again, what is the amount in milligrams? If it's a low enough dose, you may be fine. 

5 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

Like should I take off 10% once a month?

Yes, it should be a 10% (or less) reduction off the previous month's dose until you get down so low in dose, you're ready to stop. At some point, you'll have to increase the percentage because at some point, you'll completely stop, which is a 100% reduction off the previous month's dose.

6 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

Maybe I should not be doing a daily liquid taper for that?

I'm not a fan of the DLMT, especially when you get down to the low doses. Each daily unit reduction needs to be multiplied by 30 to get the total monthly reduction. As you go down in dose, it's hard to reduce within a 10% framework because you have to be able to make very small daily reductions, which become impossible to get at some point. 

A better taper plan is the Brassmonkey Slide, which involves 4 weekly reductions instead of one large reduction. It can be modified for less than 10% a month.

The Brassmonkey Slide Method of Micro-tapering

Lookinup
Just now, Shep said:

Again, what is the amount in milligrams? If it's a low enough dose, you may be fine. 

Yes, it should be a 10% (or less) reduction off the previous month's dose until you get down so low in dose, you're ready to stop. At some point, you'll have to increase the percentage because at some point, you'll completely stop, which is a 100% reduction off the previous month's dose.

I'm not a fan of the DLMT, especially when you get down to the low doses. Each daily unit reduction needs to be multiplied by 30 to get the total monthly reduction. As you go down in dose, it's hard to reduce within a 10% framework because you have to be able to make very small daily reductions, which become impossible to get at some point. 

A better taper plan is the Brassmonkey Slide, which involves 4 weekly reductions instead of one large reduction. It can be modified for less than 10% a month.

The Brassmonkey Slide Method of Micro-tapering

It is 2.88 mg.  With the brass monkey method,do you reduce each day?

Lookinup
4 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

It is 2.88 mg.  With the brass monkey method,do you reduce each day?

Just read it,  So reduce at the beginning of each week on only one day  2.5% For four weeks.  Should I be slowing this down?  

Lookinup
10 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

Just read it,  So reduce at the beginning of each week on only one day  2.5% For four weeks.  Should I be slowing this down?  

Shep, is the Brass Monkey recommended for Valium?  Builder suggested DLMT based on 10% calculation made at the beginning of each month using 1:1 liquid.  I really want to have a plan in place for reducing the Valium.

Lookinup
27 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

Shep, is the Brass Monkey recommended for Valium?  Builder suggested DLMT based on 10% calculation made at the beginning of each month using 1:1 liquid.  I really want to have a plan in place for reducing the Valium.

Also, what do you think of tapering strips for Seroquel?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Lookinup

Lookinup

I’m sorry so full of questions this morning, but this is what goes around in my head and nobody to give me answers but you and Altostrata.  Do you think the Aston Method is too fast?  And it I would like to move some Valium to nighttime to reduce daytime drowsiness, do I feel withdrawal from daytime dose until adjusted?  Thanks for helping me.  I know I will get there, but it is just so hard as you know.

Lookinup

Oh my,  can you handle another question from me???  So I get the 2.5% reduction for the first week. For the next is the reduction 2.5 less from current dose (after 1st 2.5% deducted) or is all calculated at 10% at beginning of month then divided into 4ths? Thanks!

Lookinup

And I have been doing ok on deducting .01 per day from the 1 ml prozac syringe.  But I should regroup because it is too much?

I’m sorry I’m so high maintenance.  I really need someone to just put me on the right track with what I know is next, etc.  Thank you and Altostrata.  You are the only ones I trust.  You would not believe how any drs. Have misguided information.  No, I guess you do already know that.  I refuse to talk to another one, except the prescriber.

Altostrata

Lookinup, what exactly is your Valium schedule? You've only posted 2 days of daily notes so far. We need daily notes every day.

Please don't worry about tapering Seroquel right now, we're looking more closely at Valium and Prozac.

Lookinup

Ok, Thanks.  Each day is pretty much the same. I will continue to post. In the meantime, should I stop after 10% of reduction of Prozac for the month even if it is going ok?

Lookinup

Valium schedule is:

9:0 a.m. 2.5 mg

2:00 p.m. 2.5

8:00 P.m. 7.5

Altostrata
7 hours ago, Lookinup said:

I am at .78 ml on a 1 ml syringe.

1 hour ago, Lookinup said:

And I have been doing ok on deducting .01 per day from the 1 ml prozac syringe.

You said your current dosage amounts to 2.88mg Prozac. A reduction of .01mL is at least a 1.28% reduction per day. Within 8 days, you're exceeding the rate of 10% reduction per month.

How long have you been reducing Prozac by .01mL every day?

On 5/14/2020 at 3:47 PM, Lookinup said:

Have been feeling very blah lately in addiction to much anxiety.

When did the increase in anxiety start? Is it more pronounced at particular times of day? Why does it not appear in your daily notes?

If the anxiety has gotten worse lately, STOP TAPERING PROZAC.

I need to see your daily notes EVERY DAY. This is perhaps my 12th request. Do not copy your notes from day to day, keep fresh notes for every day.

Lookinup
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 1:40 PM, Altostrata said:

You said your current dosage amounts to 2.88mg Prozac. A reduction of .01mL is at least a 1.28% reduction per day. Within 8 days, you're exceeding the rate of 10% reduction per month.

How long have you been reducing Prozac by .01mL every day?

When did the increase in anxiety start? Is it more pronounced at particular times of day? Why does it not appear in your daily notes?

If the anxiety has gotten worse lately, STOP TAPERING PROZAC.

I need to see your daily notes EVERY DAY. This is perhaps my 12th request. Do not copy your notes from day to day, keep fresh notes for every day.

Anxiety is more pronounced around the time for Valium. Have been tapering Prozac for about 2 weeks.  I will give it a break and keep up with the notes.  Thank you!

Monday, May 19 - Tuesday, May 20

5:00 p..m. Reading email - Feeling anxiety (chest and slight tingling of left hand)

5:45 p.m. Watching news - Still feeling anxiety; some runny nose; continued slight tingling in hands.

6:15 p.m. Dinner - continued anxiety; increased heart rate

7:00 p.m.  Laid on sofa and tried deep, slow breathing; somewhat helpful. Still anxious. Very loud digestive noises

8:00 p.m. Valium 7.5 Mg -  immediately felt heart rate rise and pound.  Stayed for about 45 min.

9:00 p.m.  Seroquel 50 and Remeron 3.7 - Fell asleep within 20 min.

Interrupted sleep; awoke at least 3 times and went back.

6:00 a.m. Tirosent (thyroid) .75 mg. - no effect

7:00 a.m. Runny nose, stomach noises, ate banana

8:00 a.m.  .78 ml Prozac

8:15 a.m. Still having stomach noises

Note:  I have not felt withdrawal free for a year, the time I d/c Remeron at 1.8 mg — then the Klonopin/Ambien collapse and acute w/d for months, botched rehab. And mental health facility (“nut house”) where many changes were made and put back on REMERON.  I so want So to feel better!!!  

11:00 - 12:30 School work with granddaughter; still feeling tingling in hands

12:30 Lunch

1:00 Valium 2.5 mg. - some increase in hr for about 20 min.

2:00 - 3:00 Therapy with psychologist - Talked a lot about problem with husband and my frustration over this situation; especially since it was due to medical negligence and how upsetting that is. Some twitching in knee.  I don’t think even she gets the slowness with which I have to approach withdrawal from these drugs.

3:00 - Walk with my mom.  She is so concerned about me and just can’t grasp what is going on, especially the part about not being able to go to doctors for this. My family blames me for not listening to the doctors! 

4:30 - neck ache

Note:  I know many members of the Mirtazapine group have sx while on Mirt and the have to taper off the whole time they are having them.  Having reinstated 9 maths after horrific d/c could this explain some of these symptoms?

5:00 running nose.  Don’t want to lose these notes, so sending them now. I’ll start new page then

Edited by Altostrata
removed spaces

Altostrata

It appears to me that overall, you are taking too much Valium. If I were you, I'd stop tapering Prozac and adjust the Valium dosing. @Shep, what do you think?

Lookinup
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

It appears to me that overall, you are taking too much Valium. If I were you, I'd stop tapering Prozac and adjust the Valium dosing. @Shep, what do you think?

Thanks for your response to my notes,  Altostrata.   I will listen to whatever you say.  Benzos created a huge problem for me after the Mirtz. C/T.  Maybe just by crossing over,  it still wasn’t over.  Should I start a 5% brass monkey taper?  I really need some help with this. Looking forward to hearing from Shep too.  Do you want me to keep up with the notes?

Altostrata

Yes, we need to see your notes every day. We're mostly interested in symptom changes, not so much what you're doing.