Mirtazapine

Mirtazapine's intro: please help

Mirtazapine

Probiotic is Probiota Histaminx. I take the Cod Liver Oil for the Omega’s.

Altostrata
7 minutes ago, Mirtazapine said:

Symptoms are tingling of hands and legs at random times, usually accompanied by anxiety.  Not predictable throughout the day.  Need to continue taper of Prozac and get rid of it.  Have been on 5 mg for two weeks.  What do you suggest for next taper?  Took 10 mg for 6-1/2 weeks then began taper.  Thank you!

Have not felt better after taking dose.  I am a member of the Mirtazapine Withdrawal Group.  It is suggested that reinstating can bring on withdrawal symptoms and put you back to square one.  Feel congestion in nose and ear of and on.  

Reinstating TOO MUCH mirtazapine can cause problems.

Please correct your signature, it says you returned to 10mg Prozac.

Did you feel better when you reduced Prozac?

Does the congestion in nose and ear happen at any particular times of day?

5 minutes ago, Mirtazapine said:

Probiotic is Probiota Histaminx. I take the Cod Liver Oil for the Omega’s.

How is this supposed to help congestion in nose and ear?

Mirtazapine

No, did not feel any better after reducing Prozac.

Fullness in nasal passage and ear seems to come on randomly.

I I will change signature.

This Friday is two weeks on 5 mg.  What is your suggestion for moving forward?

Thank you very much for your involvement with my “case.”

Altostrata

Please correct your signature re Prozac.

What time of day do you take Prozac? If in the evening, I'd move earlier by an hour a day until you're taking it in the morning. It may be keeping you awake.

My guess is you should reinstate a tiny amount of mirtazapine, such as 1mg, and go off Prozac. This topic explains how to titrate mirtazapine Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Your choice which to do first. If you added mirtazapine, it might help you sleep even though you're taking Prozac. Then you can taper off Prozac.

Or, you can reduce Prozac and then add 1mg mirtazapine. Since you've been taking some amount of Prozac since mid-July, we have to assume you are at risk for withdrawal; you'll need to taper by 10% per month, see Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

Still don't understand why you're taking a probiotic and cod liver oil for nasal congestion. Please explain.

Mirtazapine

Taking probiotic targeted at reducing histamine.  Cod liver oil is for the omegas.  Thank you for your advice.  So, when do I start .5 Prozac reduction?  Have been on 5 mg. For two weeks this Friday.  I switched the Prozac to a.m.  

Carmie

Hi Mirtazapine, 

Welcome to SA from me too. Getting tingling in your body is very common in withdrawals. I get it too. Anxiety is a symptom most people get when going through withdrawals, it’s chemically induced. 

As Alto asked, could you please change your signature. Number 5 there says that you couldn’t stand the stimulation of 20mg so you went down to 10mg. You are now at 5mg though, so could you please add that to your number 5. Thanks a lot. 

Please do not taper the Prozac yet. You dropped by 50% only two weeks ago, is that correct? If you taper even by 0.5mg you will destabilise yourself even more. It is recommended to taper by no more than 10% a month. If it was me, I wouldn’t be tapering again for at least two months or even longer. You may find that such a big drop will catch up with you later on. This has happened to me in the past before I knew how to taper properly. I then had to stop tapering for many, many months and I went through such severe withdrawals.

Please do things slowly, Sending hugs🤗

Edited by Carmie
Typo

Mirtazapine

Thank you.  I will follow your suggestion and stay on the 5 mg for awhile before tapering again.  I am still feeling the withdrawals from the Mirtazapine and don’t need any more!

Mirtazapine

Is it still recommended to reinstate at 1 mg. To stabilize sleep after 3-1/2 months off?  Thank you.

ChessieCat

Off what?

What are you currently taking?

Mirtazapine

Off Mirtazapine.  Currently still taking .5 klonopin and 5 mg prozac.  Still feeling effects from Mirtazapine..  Thanks.

Mirtazapine

How do I know if I am in Klonopin tolerance withdrawal or Mirtzapine withdrawal.  If Klonopin, do I need to get started with taper?

Altostrata

What is your current drug schedule and symptom pattern, including sleep? How has it changed since you moved Prozac to the morning?

Mirtazapine

Four and half months off Mirtazapine.  Wondering if going back to 1 mg. Would have a positive or negative effect.  Having horrific withdrawals. CTd at about 1.8 mg.

Mirtazapine

I am feeling the withdrawal effects from coming off Remeron in June and was started on Prozac.  Taking 5 mg. A day and need to get off as it is too stimulating for me.  Can I begin a very slow taper 5% a month while feeling this way?  Thank you!

Altostrata

@Mirtazapine Please post your questions about your particular situation here in your Introductions topic. We need to know the background that's in this topic. Also, please answer questions from the staff, such as

On 10/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, Altostrata said:

What is your current drug schedule and symptom pattern, including sleep? How has it changed since you moved Prozac to the morning?

Mirtazapine
28 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

@Mirtazapine Please post your questions about your particular situation here in your Introductions topic. We need to know the background that's in this topic. Also, please answer questions from the staff, such as

It has not a helped a bit.  All day feel wired and anxious. There is no sleep without Ambien, which I have taken for the past four months.  It is a horrible drug and doesn’t give me many hours.  Lucky if I can get back to sleep when wake up for a few more hours.  I need to unwind and am finding it hard to do that.  I have liquid Prozac, but don’t know if it is a good time to start.  I really

feel it I could sleep, my w/d symptoms would not be as horrendous.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Don’t know how I got that name.  Thought I put it in under topic!  Thank you for reaching out to me.. I need some help with this for sure! I have the liquid form of Prozac, but don’t know if I should start feeling this way.

Mirtazapine
Just now, Mirtazapine said:

It has not a helped a bit.  All day feel wired and anxious. There is no sleep without Ambien, which I have taken for the past four months.  It is a horrible drug and doesn’t give me many hours.  Lucky if I can get back to sleep when wake up for a few more hours.  I need to unwind and am finding it hard to do that.  I have liquid Prozac, but don’t know if it is a good time to start.  I really

feel it I could sleep, my w/d symptoms would not be as horrendous.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Don’t know how I got that name.  Thought I put it in under topic!  Thank you for reaching out to me.. I need some help with this for sure! I have the liquid form of Prozac, but don’t know if I should start feeling this way.

Wish I had tried the 1 mg. reinstatement of Remeron a few months ago to try to stabilize sleep.

Altostrata
On 10/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, Altostrata said:

Schedule means times of day that you take their drugs and their dosages. Have your symptoms gotten worse since you've been taking Ambien?

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

Mirtazapine
37 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Schedule means times of day that you take their drugs and their dosages. Have your symptoms gotten worse since you've been taking Ambien?

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

Biggest problem right now is sleep.  I will work on the list.  I guess it is too late to try the 1 mg. ???

Altostrata

It's possible you are experiencing adverse effects from Klonopin. That is why I am asking for more information, such as your drug schedule.

Mirtazapine

That is exactly what I am afraid of. You are very perceptive.  I take .5 at night.  Will do the list as soon as possible.  I am quite concerned about this. Was waiting to feel better to start long, slow taper.  Than you so much for your input. 

Mirtazapine

The drug list is up to date.  How do put in times?

Altostrata

Just list them in a post, like this:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Mirtazapine

Okay, thanks.  I will try to recall:

9:00. Took Klonopin. Some twitches about 1/2 hour before.

8:00-10:30 Tried relaxing using meditations

8:30 Took Magnesium 300 mg.

10:30. Took Propanolol 10 mg. (Thyroid on hyper side)

11;00 Took Ambien - Asleep in about 1/2 hour.

2;15. Woke and didn’t go back to sleep. Stayed in bed.

5:30 a.m. felt little more twitching

8:00 Took Prozac

9:00-11:00 some dp

9:30 Took Propanolol

3:00 Took. Propanolol

8:00 Took Propanolol

Can feel when it is time to Propanolol.  Wondering if it is the nature of dependency or panic attacks coming on.  Calms things down

8:00 - feeling twitching in hand

Exhausted and anxious all day!

Mirtazapine

Symptoms:  

Exhausted

Panicky throughout day

Some DP

Neck tension at times

Cold nose

fullness in left ear

twitches throughout body from time to time and as noted in timeline of today.

tingling/numbness on bottom of foot

tingling hands from time to time

Mirtazapine

Lost weight (10lbs) over past 4 months despite keeping up with all meals.