@Cocopuffz17 I wish these drugs get banned. It is very hard to do so. Soon thousands and thousands will catch PSSD , soon many will commit suicide if these drugs continue even more a decade.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• Mentor
On 11/10/2021 at 10:28 PM, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

@Cocopuffz17 I wish these drugs get banned. It is very hard to do so. Soon thousands and thousands will catch PSSD , soon many will commit suicide if these drugs continue even more a decade.

Unfortunately this is true. I wish I knew the severity of the withdrawals before I went on this. But I am doing really good now. Almost 3 years post zero. It does get better. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, cakesgimmecakes said:

Hello - I don't know how to reply to individual comments? I hope everyone can see this who asked me questions.

Thank you for the well wishes and kind remarks. I want to emphasize life is not perfect. But life is 10000000 times better now, after WD, and so much better OFF SSRIs.

The article on gut health and SSRIs that recently came out: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326299.php

When did you realise that you had recovered?

I think three years out. I realized I did not have the same anxieties I once did during WD, and I also felt more like "me" again. Prozac completely changed my personality and thoughts, and I hated hated hated it. I was this fake happy and detached from life. It was terrible.

Did you wake up one day and realise that the symptoms had eventually gone?

Yes. I realized I wasn't paranoid anymore. I wasn't overstimulated for absolutely no reason. I could sleep. I could FEEL again. I wasn't melancholy in an unproductive way. That's the hardest to explain. Melancholy is useful in ways because it helps to process the world within us and outside us. Melancholy is NORMAL. With these SSRIs that is blunted, so I always felt I was looking at the world through fishtank glass. I couldn't fully access my feelings. I was a fake in the world. It was really hard to deal with. So now that I'm off the drugs, I feel my brain is back to feeling melancholy, and it's useful in a way where I can write, sing, cry, scream, evaluate. I hope this makes sense.

Is your sleep back to normal/ much better?

Yes. I sleep now. The quality is questionable because I'm still dealing with some gut things, nutritional things, and I'm going through extreme stress right now (divorce and joblessness). But I do sleep 6-7 hours a night. I wake unrefreshed, but I don't attribute that to Prozac WD. I'm a work in progress. The work doesn't have anything to do with Prozac. That's my belief.

Are you able to manage overstimulation like exercise and stress?

Yes. Exercise is fine and helped me recover. Stress right now is a very big issue. But I'm managing. I believe it has nothing to do with Prozac WD. CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) helped me deal with rumination and negative thinking. Anytime I start to get anxious thoughts, which are NORMAL (society likes to tell us they're not so drink, smoke, shop, pop pills to shunt it), I have learned to not indulge them. It's sort of a Buddhism approach in that you talk to yourself and explain everything's OK. I DO recall a time during WD when this seemed impossible -- that my body would never relax. But it did. It takes time, time, time.

Did you have pssd or anhedonia? 

Yes and yes. Sexual function fine now. I recommend testosterone. But obviously not too much. I had anhedonia BAD. And derealization BAD. Those two are the most bizarre to explain to people. You feel totally detached from yourself. I did out-of-character things when I had this. And the ability to not feel joy anymore was devastating, and it disturbed me frequently. Magnesium and exercise helps with that. 

I noticed in your signature estrogen and progesterone imbalance noted. Did you ever take hrt? 

I did try progesterone cream numerous times, and each time time it's been a disaster. Crazy moods, puffiness, water retention, insomnia. I steer clear. I'm trying b6 and magnesium, plus vitamin c and lowering my stress levels to see if that helps. When our progesterone is low, it's usually because of stress and age. The pathway is to favor cortisol over progesterone (they're made in the same center adrenally - aside from our ovaries). For estrogen, I'm eating flax and it's boosting it.

I pray for everyone here and around the world. This is an epidemic. Truly. I see it all around me, and consider myself lucky I escaped. It took time. It was important for me to evaluate, deeply, health and who I want to be. Life is not perfect. It is not always happy. I trusted doctors. I do NOT anymore. They're there to make money. The American health care system is set up for profit. Doctors do NOT care about nutrition, which is utterly insane. Truthfully, I recovered on my own, and with the help of this site and a few others. Health is about living simply -- this is my conclusion. Exercise, eating whole foods, positive mental attitude, and fulfilling work. You can add spirituality in there if you wish, but truly I think it's about communing with nature. There is no human who doesn't encounter trouble and stress and sadness. I was put on Prozac to deal with PMS. It's criminal. All I needed to do was change my diet and exercise. Instead I was handed an EXTREMELY potent brain drug that did so, so much damage. There are no shortcuts. Anyway. Enough soapboxing. I try to keep my mouth shut about SSRIs and psych and sleep drugs because everyone has their journey, and in truth, I have compassion for the reaching for something to make myself feel better, I really, really do. There's an allure to popping a pill and zoning out. I get it. But I was burned.

God bless.

wow this  is. beautiful. can you read my topic @cakesgimmecakes 😭😭

SECOND TIME USING MEDICATION

> quetiapine (seroquel)

09/08/22 300 mg    10/24/22 400mg    11/02/22 500mg    01/02/23 700mg  03/09  650mg  04/20 600mg    05/12 550mg   06/11 500mg    07/15 450mg    07/29 400mg

FIRST TIME USING MEDICATION (sorry did not use mm/dd/year but dd/mm/year)

>    OLANZAPINE (ZYPREXA)

07/21 10mg      08/21 20mg       09/21 15 mg        10/21 10mg then 5mg     11/01/21 off Olanzapine

>    SERTRALINE (ZOLOFT)

08/21 100mg        09/21 supposedly 150mg as prescribed, 200mg as a mistake for a while       10/21 100mg        11/21 50mg       12/11/22 off Sertraline

>    LITHIUM
07/21 300mg (1 pill)        08/21 600mg        09/21 900mg (stabilized in blood tests)     10/21, 11/21, 12/21, 01/22 tapered off in the course of 2 weeks     02/22 off Lithium

@BelaLugosi She has not visited this website back since 2 years ago.

I also patiently waiting her visit and hopefully help me.

She is the greatest warrior . She suffered 20 years 

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• 2 months later...

Hypothyroidism is due to fluoride ions from fluoxetine. They act like iodine ions and can be mistaken by body to think as iodine ions . 

Fluoride ions from fluoxetine can accumulate in body.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://thyroidpharmacist.com/articles/fluoride-and-your-thyroid/&ved=2ahUKEwjCk5DnqdL2AhX-SWwGHab1C484FBAWegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2GPTNXsG9uce7o8256ge_k

I wish she read this and go to detox center to clean out fluoride ions. Her hypothyroidism would be solved.

@Altostrata can you tell her this? She will be back to normal life. I did lots of research and came to conclusions. All she need to do is fluoride detox. She has been mistaken for hypothyroidism and serotonin.

There are many studies showing how dangerous fluoride is

Please please @Altostrata. Send her email. I want to see smile on her face.

• Administrator

@PsychologicalSafe15 as I explained to you before, you can send personal messages to people. They will answer if they care to. Please stop tagging me for these tasks.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

She seems to have  left this website for good.