SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Piglet292: going off Effexor

Piglet292

Tomorrow morning I’m starting the dreadful journey of withdrawing from Effexor. Currently taking 300mg mane. I’ve been taking for >10 years, so I’m expecting the worst. My GP is very much onside, thank goodness. Over the last 4 years, I’ve taken myself off quetiapine, nitrazepam, regular lorazepam (up to 8mg per day), dihydrocodeine and tapentadol (opiate). I’m still taking OxyContin and Pregabalin. I suppose I’ll have to get off them sometime. 

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded
  • Altostrata changed the title to Piglet Going off Effexor
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Piglet292

I moved your post here to start your own Introductions topic, where you can discuss your own situation and post about your progress.

Before you do anything, please see Tips for tapering off Effexor (venlafaxine) What kind of Effexor are you taking? Is it a capsule with tiny beads inside?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Piglet292: going off Effexor