Stormstrong

Hormonal birth control

Stormstrong

Is there any hormonal birth control that can work well for women with a history of "mental health", as they say, and antidepressant withdrawals, too?

(I've got endometriosis and hormonal birth control is usually prescribed for women with this condition to help keep it in check. Most hormonal birth control I've tried has been bad for me emotionally, and seeing how poorly I function with my emotions out of whack, most of it is not an option? Haven't tried IUDs, though.)

healingspiral

hello! I used to use Nuva Ring. It still had a negative effect on my energy over time (around 6 years) but for the first few years I found it really helpful. It gave me very few mental health complaints whereas all the pills made me insanely emotional, moody and totally non-functional. My dr. said the pills get processed direct into the blood via the stomach whereas Nuva Ring only releases local hormones, which made it easier for my system to take, and isn't permanent like a IUD.