SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Armorall: CT from bupropion and risperidone

Armorall

Thanks @ChessieCat! And had there been no SA, I would have! I'm glad you and so many people report being able to use carbocaine. 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm afraid my suspicions were somewhat true. I've been working for about a month now. I've gone through days where I'm definitely fatigued and  tonight, I went back to having "toxic naps" (meaning, I woke up from a nap and within an hour BAM, thick anxiety). I've been able to nap without ANY recourse for the past two months. 

The suspicion I had was that I had wondered if I had truly "turned a corner" between August and September or if it was just the lack of work was finally settling my nervous system down (I hadn't worked since mid-June, but the settling in started happening after August 10th- my year anniversary). 

Anyway, my husband reassured me that I probably am just bearing the shock of the work load, that I have actually healed, and that once I got used to my new routine, my CNS would start to settle down again and I would enjoy the feeling I had between August and September. 

We will see. I know I must be somewhat improved, as the freak-outs I used to do several times a week are not what I have been doing once the anxiety settles in, and I was much more accepting of my husband's coaching than I used to be, so I think my "spirals" aren't as acute as they used to be. I dunno. I hope for the best. 

https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! My husband was right, my CNS settled down. I basically had that “wave” in response to my new work situation (I’m guessing it was in response to it) for 3 days, then went back to baseline normal. I’ve been normal for a week! Hooray! 

Also, we celebrated my husband’s birthday yesterday and had several desserts. I didn’t have any intense anxiety reaction to them like I normally do to refined sugar (in the past, I would get an intense headache and/or intense anxiety). I wasn’t reaction-free from it, I had a few hypnic jerks while falling asleep and didn’t sleep as deeply once I got closer to waking time, but I’ll take it! If I stay like this (or better, of course) I’ll at least be able to indulge on Thanksgiving (we ordered a fancy praline pumpkin pie from a place that sells out in town) and through the holidays.

I’m back to having a majority sunny disposition minus some points of stress here and there. Things are looking up. When I think of this time last year, I had mounted depression/anxiety through the day. 

Things are MUCH better. 

Now, if could just do cardio and coffee, I’d be almost set! But, after that corner turn last August, I believe in my future healing! 

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone. Just an update-officially at 17 months off today and much improvement. I still have been riding the corner I turned in August- no routine deep anxiety/depression after dinners or upon waking from sleep/nap, feel mostly normal and happy. This corner turn was HUGE in my relationships to everyone. Being consistently able to be happy is of course a joy, but took a lot off the burden of my family, too. 

I've been able to increase my elliptical exercise to 16 minutes a day and also do situps and pushups of the same number  (16) as I slowly increase. The pushups...I wish I had been doing them since I was in my 20's. I always had a knot in my left shoulder that I routinely would rub out with yoga and massages. After doing pushups, that part of my body is strong enough that i don't need treatment on it anymore. Who knew? 

Been able to take mid-day naps with no cortisol rush afterwards. 

In this last month- I've been able to eat desserts (any desserts, I even tried a huge serving of ice cream!) will little/no effect. Amazing!

Things have been good. 
Killin it at my job, too, but weary of doing full time just yet. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sounds good Armorall.  Yay.

And yes, be wary of moving into being a workaholic.  Heck, after all we've been through.........

Well.  What a nice update.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Oh wow, hooray! Thanks MMT. I will make SA proud, just wait. Not just on my healing front. Thank you for all the important work that you do, I appreciate you!

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering how people are doing with the Covid vaccine? I took my first Pfizer dose on 1/30. So far, not much side effect except a little sleepier at night and upon waking. I know second dose is supposed to be more challenging (and have seen as much from friends that have gotten it. My husband, on the other hand, has had no side effect from second dose except a progessively sore arm- gone after 3 days).  I will report back after 2nd dose. Both my husband's and my parents have gotten the 1st shot and had no side effects except sore arm.  They are between 75-80 years old. 

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon! Many updates...

- I took the second Pfizer dose on 2/23. Felt a little dizzy in the morning the next day, then was fine. My husband and octogenarian parents had no side effects other than sore arm. 
- I finally got a 24 hour Holter monitor to check on my heart. Wore it for 24 hours. No palpitations. There’s a button that you press when you think you feel something, and the times I thought were a palpitation (I think I pressed it 3 times total in 24 hours) my doctor said that there was nothing there. He did note that everyone now and then my heart would speed up (this is due to my autonomic dysfunction of course) but no palps. Hooray!
Also, I got a Fitbit and all the data has been good. Resting heart rate- 90 BPM- a little on the high side but still within normal adult range (70-100). I have also been able to meet the 10,000 steps that is the general requirement (albeit I was sore the first two days) and I’ve been able to use the elliptical for 40 minutes at times to help meet that goal! Things are coming along and answers have been good. I also did an entire physical at the doctor’s and everything came up normal.

Also, my sleep scores via the Fitbit started out as Fair, all I did was add in an extra hour of sleep earlier and I regularly score in the Good/Excellent range. Exercising has actually helped with a better sleep score rather than hindering it! I looked and can see when I have had deep and REM sleep and it is more accessible if I had exercised more that day! I was always skeptical that my sleep wasn't as good as before the drugs, but this is encouraging! 
Starting to see less and less limitations!  Will try to update as things change (hopefully in the way of improvement)

Sorry, I copied and pasted from my journal but can't seem to turn off the bold letters from it.  Hope everyone else is moving right along! Much love to everyone going through this. 

• Mentor

what great news!! 

I'm so happy for you!

that's so interesting about the sleep scores on your Fit Bit

I wanted to try one of those but the buttons are so tiny and my eyesight is so bad LOL

I am glad you've got this confirmation that things are improving 
That's great that you're able to do more exercise too!

way to go!!! :)

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
  • 3 weeks later...

First traveling trip ever since WD and was a success for the most part. I went from exercising a half hour to doing 1.5 hour walks on a forest trail with varied landscape ( up a “hill”, lots of leaves and sand, etc etc) so it was more rigorous than just flat land. But, excited that I can exercise for so long. Not being able to travel was another one of my large regrets during WD, then Covid hit and it didn’t matter. As far as sleep is concerned (and I definitely was concerned) I got crappy sleep the first night. It turns out I still need a dark room and my EXACT pillow (it’s a thinner temperpedic pillow). No worries though, my mom found the same exact one in the house. So, in the future, have to remember to pack my own pillow and bring tinfoil and tape to wherever, otherwise, back to sleeping like a baby. 4 hour car ride I was only slightly motion sick, then on the way back, no sickness at all. Hooray! I’m so jazzed that I think that by the time society opens back up, i will be able to go out dancing again with no problems! It is one of my goals. But..things are moving right along with more improvements. I have been intermittently sore from making a leap to 1.5 hour walks (like I just played a 3 hour soccer game) but it has been waning. I am confident that my body will adjust, but I will be taking notes. Today I feel no soreness but only got 50 minutes in yesterday. 

• 1 month later...

Geez, I have so much to write about. On 5/21,  we went to go see a DJ (!) spin music by the harbor. We danced, my toddler son danced with us. We also had to park the car very far away because the cops were blocking the roads that led straight to the harbor. Well, between the distance walking and the dancing, that was A LOT of activity that I had not embarked on in such volumes. A year ago that much activity would have sent me into the worst waves. The following day, we were also having people over in the backyard and had been planning this for quite some time and there was no getting out of it. Well, if there was one day that I would have fallen asleep before my head hit the pillow, it would have been that glorious night. We danced on the harbor and watched fireworks explode over the city skyline, it was incredible. Anyways, on the way home, a good friend that lives far away and has been through many recent tragedies texted me to talk. So I put my son to bed and talked to her until 4:30am. Can you believe that following Sunday, when I had to be up and receive company, I was completely fine? It's a miracle! I did feel a bit more tired in the first part of the following week, but it was nothing. I can't believe I can do as much as I can do without coffee (and yeah. coffee really messes me up still- makes me really tired the next day, doesn't really wake me up that much). Coffee was my religion, and now I'm wondering how much of it was burning me out and slowing me down. Really, the only time I long for it now, is when I have to work and don't really feel like working, like now. I crave that adrenaline rush to give something my all after 5pm when I'm not even really super tired, just not inspired and vaguely tired.  I've been procrastinating on the reviews I need to do out of all of this. I hope to do them in the summer. My birthday is coming up, and I look back at last year, and how depressed, hopeless and defeated I felt. I really have come so far. At the beginning of this school year, one of the answers I had to a security question was something dance-related, and it made me sad every time I had to fill it in, which was often. Dancing was my life, and I haven't been able to do it for almost two years. But two weeks ago, I did. Finally, with no repercussions. This birthday is going to be explosive, I have a small group celebration outdoors because of Covid, but I ordered a super expensive fancy cake that I would never justify otherwise. I am coming back. I will get on these projects over the summer. Stay tuned as I will appreciate the participation. Stay strong and know that "the turn" as I call it, will happen for you....

• Mentor

@Armorall What a fantastic update. Thank you for sharing, enjoy this milestone you have successfully reached. 

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

@armorall I’ve just read your thread and it has given me hope 🤩💕 and strength to continue to push through 

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

That kind of hope and inspiration is just want I am looking for.  Thank you and be happy!!

Started venlafaxine December 2016. Started to wean off Effexor over 16 months period and I had no issues at all. Stopped June 2020.  Unfortunately, I was under chronic stress from 4 deaths (1 was my mother) in the family amongst other things  and sunk back down in October 2020.  Rather than accepting this was chronic stress and grief, I panicked and went to the GP.

October 2020 prescribed Vortioxetine 10mg for 1 month and then increased to 15 mg ups advice from GP on for 7 weeks in total.  Had suicidal thoughts and off the wall anxiety.  Changed to Lexapro in mid December 2020, slow titration from 2.5mg up to 10mg.  After 7 weeks again off the wall anxiety. I was advised to take 5mg for one week and stop as I want to go 'au natural'.  Last SSRI was 30 January 2021.  

I was also prescribed diazepam and Zopiclone through the 4 months of taking SSRis to 'manage' the side effects and also for the withdrawal.   I am probably withdrawing from all drugs.

• Mentor

what a great update!!

I am so very happy for you!! 

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Moderator Emeritus

@Armorall : wonderful update, thank you for sharing with us ! ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

@Phoenixmama  and @BooBoo19
Thank you, I'm glad it helps. Please message me if you ever need some support. My life is pretty nutso but I'm good at getting back to people within a few days after my son goes to sleep. 

@Erell @Happy2Heal and @Hanna72 thank you for your acknowledgement and for everything you do for this community. It's helped me greatly as I'm sure it has helped others. 
Much love to everyone! 

@Armorall thank you 💕

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• 4 weeks later...

I am very close to writing my success story, I think. As long as I maintain my health by staying away from too many carbs and never drinking alcohol, juice/soda and coffee (although I wish the latter was true) I'm good and can do everything I want to do. Last night I have the worst headache of my *entire life* though because I bought a jumbo Italian ice, which is pure sugar and may as well be like I drank juice or soda. Also, it's close to my period when I am sensitive to sugar anyway. I laid in bed for four hours rubbing my inner corner of my eye or the nape of my neck. Ibuprofen did nothing. It was at night, so once the pain broke, I fell asleep. 

anyways, the true test for me will be when I go back to teaching full-time and in-person. Teaching during Covid was so great because you're not dealing with behavior management. I hate to say this, but I'm so lucky that Covid came in when it did. I know it wasn't great mentally for other people (and of course I'm not discounting all the suffering and death that people went through) but for me, as long as we were safe, it gave me the respite to heal and I really enjoyed my time being holed up with my family plus my parents (once I had the capacity to enjoy things, of course). I think I was withdrawing for 7 months before it hit. The time away from people and the stress of teaching was a godsend. I just talked to a former co-worker today and we talked about what a mess I was at work. Anyways, I have that memory still, and how much teaching would wear me out into symptoms. I do a lot during the day now- like take my toddler out into the city, run through the rain, go on architectural tours, so I think my stamina is good, but I am going to be skeptical until I'm actually teaching that it won't destroy me. You have to bring a lot of "soul" into the classroom to teach inner city and I wonder how consistent I can truly be. Fingers crossed when the time comes. 

Oh BTW, I'd like to also add this: As of today, total number of people I've stopped from taking antidepressants (like ever, not quitting, just never embarking on taking psychiatric drugs period) TWO. 
I've used resources from here to show them evidence AND non-drug coping skills. thank you for all you are SA and staff! I think we should start a section where people can log how many people/stories of people they've convinced not to take psychiatric drugs for the first time (obviously tapering is a different story and I'd hope that none of you would try to convince someone to quit cold turkey). 

• Mentor

@Armorall

13 minutes ago, Armorall said:

I am very close to writing my success story

Wow armorall, that’s fantastic news. I will be looking for it in the near future I am sure.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy all the hard work you have so successfully accomplished.

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

Thank you @Hanna72!

@Armorall, wonderful news to read 😍😍. Hope u do it very soon armorall.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor
19 hours ago, Armorall said:

Oh BTW, I'd like to also add this: As of today, total number of people I've stopped from taking antidepressants (like ever, not quitting, just never embarking on taking psychiatric drugs period) TWO. 
I've used resources from here to show them evidence AND non-drug coping skills. thank you for all you are SA and staff! I think we should start a section where people can log how many people/stories of people they've convinced not to take psychiatric drugs for the first time (obviously tapering is a different story and I'd hope that none of you would try to convince someone to quit cold turkey). 

I am so happy for your @Armorall!! I look forward to your success story!

about warning others about taking antidepressants, that's great! I've only been able to convince one person but I've royally pissed off quite a few more who misunderstood my intentions and thought that I was "shaming" folks for "needing" to take these drugs for their "chemical imbalance". *groan*  Obviously I didn't know they were taking ADs, I had just shared my story either to help get the word out, or to try to explain what I was going thru at the time, when I was in the worst of WD.

Most ppl simply did not believe it. It's sad when others dismiss our experiences but it happens in so many other realms of experiences I try not to take it to heart.  I pretty much stopped talking about it, it just triggered my own PTSD.

anyway! I am so very happy for you! It was fortunate that the pandemic gave you some breathing space and more time to heal.

I have found that, while I really missed the social interactions that were helping me get thru some rough patches, I actually did need some "down time" and when I stopped fighting that, I began to get the rest I needed and have healed even more, even now, almost what? 4 yrs off completely? so things do continue to get better, which is nice to see.

all the best to you as you continue on in your AD free life! 

@mustafa and @Happy2Heal thank you. Mustafa I hope you are healing well,  I hadn't read anything from you lately, but I will look. 
Happy- the best thing to do is check first if they are taking any ADs before embarking on a soliloquy about not taking psychiatric drugs. I don't bother with people that are and just try to walk around them. It's too difficult to have that conversation because who knows when/if it will show up  badly for them? I had a friend who did Zoloft for 15 years then quit cold turkey- relatively nothing happened to her. 
So, I only step in when I see that a friend is considering taking medication that was never on anything. I think it's much easier, and I can show them my journal. The people who had a front row seat to my WD were my co-workers, and just them seeing me was quite a testimony. They saw how dramatically different I was when I entered WD and how I struggled to teach every day. So, when a friend from my old work approached me and said," Hey which one was the bad drug?" I of course answered "all of them". But it didn't take much to convince him.
The only regret I've had so far, is that I did have a friend who had switched after 10 or so years from some psych drug to wellbutrin. She thought it too activating and she quit cold turkey. I told her about tapering, but she didn't listen. I can't tell if she's withdrawing (she's had so many other issues come up and is on disability, of course, the issues could be from her med as we all know) but she is now trying the ketamine protocol, which I did warn her about. So I guess that is one instance in which I was trying to get someone to taper, but it is because she was going to quit anyway. She also used to work for big pharma, and mentioned how horrible anti-psychotics are  and how creepy the marketing is. She also agreed that psych drugs never went past a trial I. But when it came down to her own business, she is still trying to medicate to fix things and asserts that psych drugs only have a 30% success rate. Anyways, I digress. My point is, it's a mixed bag, but vetting people before figuring out what route to take is the way to go. Heck, I even give my spiel to people on psych drugs (I have to if I want to explain my recent past) but I don't throw anything in there about *them* quitting. I just talk about my experience. Seems good enough. I had one friend that had no intention of quitting, but when I showed her SA and talked of my experience, she said she would use it as a resource for her clients (she has a role that is somewhat like a social worker) so at least then, you can occur to people as a source for if they know someone who does want to quit or is looking at non-drug coping skills. I've used the SA section a lot for the latter. Anyways, not to talk your ear off. I'm glad you're doing well H2H. 

• 5 weeks later...

@Armorall hi , i had an adverse reaction to celexa , i took it for three weeks and im now 5 months into wd , i was reading through your post and came accross the fake uti , ive also had those about two months ago along with a fake yeast infection which was around for 4 days before my period and never returned.... seems this wd messes with our lady parts a lot , i tried to dm you but your box is full... i was wondering if you had any weird stuff go on in this department , i had my very first wd hell period this july and wow!!!! lol i also had the brown mucus days before my period and a pink one which made me think i was pregnant , all so crazy... anyways I'm super excited for you , and cant wait too read your success story 

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama yes! Lot's of weird stuff. My periods were always like clockwork (25 day cycle) and during WD, it would be shorter, longer, lots of blood, some blood. Every variance you can think of. I'm more consistent now (29 day cycle) but yes, I've run the gamut with that. I also had those false UTIs and non-yeast infections. I was so glad to find D-mannose from this group. I'd pop a couple of those and would feel fine afterwards. 
I didn't get a notification that my box was full. If it ever turns up full again and you're on Facebook, you can message/friend me here if you want (this goes for anyone else who wants to chat about something)

https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/
Hope you are feeling better! 

thank you for your response 😁  @armorall

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama it's my pleasure ❤️❤️❤️ 

Welp, it's my 2 year anniversary of cold turkeying my psychiatric drugs and it has been wondrous to behold today. When midnight struck last night, I went back and looked through my journal. So many messed up things in withdrawal that I had forgotten about- getting anxiety pangs even while sleeping particularly stood out. 

I have spent the last month writing reviews for every single person/institution that played a part in my road to psychiatric drugs, namely quack therapists, ignorant hospitals and psychiatrists that were demeaning, shouty, and didn't bother to listen to what I was trying to tell them or analyze my background before prescribing and/or never giving me a tapering schedule. 
I wanted to come on here today to post all those reviews (with names removed as I've been advised) and lists of where I hit so that people have a model and list from which to draw from. I really hope that people (who are able) are telling their stories and pushing the envelope out there on what people believe to be the role of psychiatric medicine. 
Unfortunately, although I spent a week in the woods writing and drafting my reviews and trying to adhere to the word count (then later editing those drafts for the rest of the month), I found a few obstacles in the way. Firstly, not everyone I wanted to review is already listed on Yelp. I did notice with delight that the main therapist group that I think are particularly harmful is already on there BECAUSE there are so many bad reviews on them. But others were not, so first thing is to put in the business names and wait for approval on them. 

Secondly, other places have even shorter character/word requirements, so I have to begin to draft those reviews. I know, I naively thought I could just adhere to one set of rules, then happily copy and paste all over the internet. But fear not, I will figure all those out, then provide a chart on each venue and what they require in their review space. 
It is my hope that in the future, I can help others write their stories and spread out the reviews (use my editing skill set for the good of us WD survivors) and then perhaps we can do something collectively if it seems right. 

But anyways, as I've said, I do feel mostly healed, and really great as I've been exercising regularly. I hope to write a success story after I've tested out my resilience while teaching in-person, but that reality is now fading as I see we are back to having Covid surges and Delta crap and I may push for an accommodation for remote teaching in which, if they don't give me, I will find a place that does. I'm lucky that my skill set is very in demand. 

So, I am going to reflect on this night, full of love for everyone here on SA. I'm so grateful to have come this far. My husband and son (who were kind enough to leave me tonight so I could do my posting and reviewing on my anniversary) are coming home soon and I will join them and watch TV and relax. It's as if nothing had ever happened. I mean, I know because I still can't drink my beloved coffee, but it is a small price to pay for being able to feel good and energetic everyday and dance and exercise as much as I want to. 
I hope more people will join me as they feel better, in writing reviews, being vocal and creating a game where they convince people who have never touched psychiatric drugs to never touch them. In the meantime, I am here for support when I can. Love and thanks to everyone and wishing good healing (it will come sooner than you think). 
Find me here if you'd like: 

@Armorall thank you it’s beautiful ❤️❤️❤️ I truly can’t wait To be free 

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama thank you ❤️ You will be. I hope you are having comfort and ease today ❤️

Pardon. Wrote at the wrong page. Can a moderator delete this post?

Citalopram augustus 2020 - 20 mg untill 14 february 2021 quit cold turkey. No alcohol use or other medicine. No surgery.  Only adviced supplements and little bit of vitamine D because of defficieny. 

@Fromthenetherlands well to answer your question, they are! I started out having insomnia and anxiety rushes, but later it developed into sleeping a lot with no energy. I lost my job (teaching) because of it. I slept through all my preps, I slept if kids were at lunch, I slept when there was only one student to help and he was just on the computer. I was wiped wiped wiped. I talked to another survivor who also had a combo of SNRI and antipsychotic, and he was the same. Bedridden for the most part for 2 years. Now he is working and better. I was in that tired phase for probably 5 months, then we went remote and I slept more but noticed it less because my fatigue wasn't getting in the way as much when my job became less taxing. It will subside eventually. I mean, if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick tired and sleeping a lot over insomnia and anxiety. It still sucks, but be thankful that you can do that (given that it isn't  destroying your means). I wish you good healing. You will turn the corner and everything will improve, just wait for it and treat yourself well in the meantime!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing major to report, but I would like to add another number to my list of scores to keep. One will be for how many people I stopped before ever trying psychiatric drugs, the next will be all the people I stopped from seeing the quack therapist in town (all I have to do is show them the Yelp reviews...even though mine isn't up yet, there's other testimonies already!)

Number of people I convinced to not start taking psychiatric drugs: 2
Number of people I convinced to not get services from the quack therapy group: 3

That last number was from today. I'm in a few local groups and people will ask for referrals for local therapists. I just show them the Yelp and they're like "OMG!" Yeap. 

• 1 month later...

Hi @Armorall , how are your aphasia symptoms doing? I struggle to read, recall words, form sentences, and my minds blank

2019-2020 Zoloft 200mg and Wellbutrin 150mg fast tapered off. 
2020  20mg Lexapro for 8 months, tapered to 15mg then 10mg then 5mg then 2.5 and then every other day. Fast tapered off of Lexapro.

-poor cognition-uneasy feeling -burning brain -people startle me -can’t read facial expressions-Brain fog-can’t detect emotion -can’t hear voice intonations -so many more