Charles

Charles

I suffered from anxiety however on seeking help from one doctor, she misinterpreted my condition or perhaps administered an antipsychotic off label. That was about 25 years ago.When i went abroad, this prescribing me antipsychotics proceeded.When i chose to come off, i developed antipsychotic withdrawal psychosis. To this day, am still on antipsychotics. Am this day on clopixol depot 125mg and haloperidol. I hear this depot is particularly notorious/known for antipsychotic withdrawal psychosis. Can someone please advise on withdraw procedure of this depot

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Charles, 

Welcome to SA. I’m on an antipsychotic too, it was used off label as well. I’m so sorry you suffer from anxiety. I’m not actually familiar with clopixol depot, but I’ll leave a note with the other moderators who will be able to help you once you answer the questions below. 

What symptoms from the medications do you have at the moment?

How many mgs of haloperidol are you on? How long have you been on it? How long have you been on the clopixol depot?

When did you come off meds in the past? What were they, and how quickly did you come off them?

Are you on any other medications or supplements?

It’s recommended never to taper by any more than 10% a month, and it’s best to taper only one medication at a time. I’m actually on Seroquel, which is an antipsychotic, and I’m tapering around 4% every six weeks or so at the moment. 

Please let us know how you’re doing, sending hugs🤗

Edited by Carmie
Clarification

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.