SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Food as medicine : low inflammation recipes

healingspiral

Hello! I'm hoping this is the right section to write something like this, so please correct me if I'm wrong, or if I'm being redundant

I was thinking, as I've seen multiple others who are withdrawing/completed withdrawal and are recovering mention low inflammation diet as very soothing and helpful. I know for me, it's made a world of difference and helped me go from recovering to feeling recovered. I thought it might be nice to share easy, simple, inexpensive recipes on a thread so we can inspire each other/share knowledge/help each other out. I know when I'm having an off day I don't always have the energy to create something myself but would love if there's somewhere I could go where people are sharing recipes that work with my needs. 

If anyone wants to add recipes or go-to snacks or meals maybe this could be a spot. 

I can start:

easy low-inflammation soup:

I sauteed ginger and garlic and chopped onions, added some spices (curry powder, a dash of tamari sauce, some chilli pepper, turmeric and black pepper). Then I added a bouillon cube, and water. As it simmered, I added a head of broccoli, a large yam (peeled), and two large chopped carrots. Then I let it all cook for about 15 minutes, once veggies were nice and soft. I added a can of coconut milk to it, and mixed together with some lime and coriander before using an immersion blender (you could use a potato masher too) to puree the veggies, thickening the soup.

this soup is:  lectin-free, gluten-free, grain-free (edit: it does contain a dash of tamari which is made from soy, but is optional!), dairy-free, sugar-free 

Easy soup for a colder day, all done by eye-balling it, very soothing for the system, and inexpensive. If anyone else has any snacks or recipes to share, I'd be so excited as I'm always looking too! 

Thanks! 

fully off meds for five years. was on lamictal for 8 years, topomax for almost 2 @ same time as lamictal, before that was on a cocktail including fluvoxamine, prozac, wellbutrin, zoloft, and more starting from age 12 to age 22

"You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves. Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine...Whoever you are, no matter how lonely, the world offers itself to your imagination, calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting - over and over announcing your place in the family of things." - Mary Oliver 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Food as medicine : low inflammation recipes

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy