mustafa: withdrawals

mustafa

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, mustafa said:

I have a small damage in my teeth

If you need to have any fillings or extractions, you can ask the dentist to use an injection which does not contain adrenaline.

dental-surgery-dental-medications-tooth-discoloration

NEW!!!     INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder    NEW!!! 

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

Current from 9 Jan 2021:  Pristiq 0.405 mg

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My tapering program   My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)  My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mustafa

• Gridley

• Erell

• Giulietta

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi @Gridley, and @Altostrata, Today and up on your advice, iam not fasting because this is the true decision; iam really shocked of being not fasting and eating during the day instead of fasting

i really don't know how to thank you. you rescued my life and made me feel not alone at all i'm very greatful to you.

Hi erell,  Thank you for this, I searched for this product and finally found it, I have two choices, to open the gelatin capsule and divide it carefully or to buy the product; I did the first tec

Iam so sorry @Altostrata,  but I only asked if visiting a dentist may be of relation to symptomts, iam sorry for bother ❤.

My dear @ChessieCat,

Yes, I wanted to ask about this but I dont think there is a doctor near me who can do the fillings without adrenaline; I think I will wait some more time until I see hiping to recover soon to be able to visit a dentist but I have a question too that how can adrenaline affect the symptomts?

Thanks alot chessica for u.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

Just now, mustafa said:

Iam so sorry @Altostrata,  but I only asked if visiting a dentist may be of relation to symptomts, iam sorry for bother ❤.

My dear @ChessieCat,

Yes, I wanted to ask about this but I dont think there is a doctor near me who can do the fillings without adrenaline; I think I will wait some more time until I see hiping to recover soon to be able to visit a dentist but I have a question too that how can adrenaline affect the symptomts?

Thanks alot chessiecat for u.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor

Hi @mustafa

Just wanted to drop by your thread and send you healing vibes and hug🥰

Sorry to see you have these dental issues, hope it will sort out soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello dear Mustafa 

How are you doing these days?

Sending hugs ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paroxetine + Bromazepam(no specific dose) (2008 : cold turkey of both)

2010 : 20mg Deroxat + Bromazepam

2013: Switch from Bromazepam To Prazepam (longer half-life)

2014-June2017 : Prazepam taper, 3% drops. 

2018 to August 2019 : Paroxetine 20mg taper (3% every 15 days).

- 22nd August updosed To 10mg (was at 8.4mg)

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paroxetine. 

April 2020-August 2020 : Paxil to Prozac bridge. Details https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21457-erell-struggling-with-paroxetine/?do=findComment&comment=499847

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate/ fish oil/ evening primrose oil 

Current medication :  7mg Fluoxetine + toothpick Paroxetine (since 20 Aug 2020) + 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

On 10/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, mustafa said:

how can adrenaline affect the symptomts?

Sorry you're having dental issues.  There's no other anesthetic in Ecuador other than novocaine (that of course has adrenaline in it).  I recently had some dental work done with quite a lot of novocaine, and it made me me more agitated for a couple of days, then it calmed down.  The next time the dentist didn't have to use as much novocaine and I didn't have any agitation.

I hope you're doing well, Mustafa.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg 1986-1991 CT, soon reinstated.  CT 2000. RI 1 mg 2011-2016.  Sept. 2016  0.625mg X 3

Nov.27, 2020 Begin 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover and change from 3 daily doses to one 18.75mgai dose (0.311mgpw). Jan. 11, 2021 begin hold at current bedtime 18.75mgai dose.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan. 2016 began every 3-weeks 10% taper, down to 16mgai (0.44mgpw).  Aug 2016, discovered SA, holding at 16mg.  Taper is 78% complete.  

Supplements: omega, vitamins E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, melatonin .3mg

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

9 hours ago, Erell said:

Hello dear Mustafa 

How are you doing these days?

Sending hugs ☀️

My dear erell

Thank u so much for dropping here to ask about me, this means alot for me, alot of support.

Hmmm actually, no significant ups but there are some downs occur as a result of having drugs for stomach or pain killers but iam totally fine and of course I feel improvements however, they are slow but iam fine, slow improvements is better than being on antidepressants of course, I wont hesitate to bear anything because I want to be off antidepressants ( the deep hell).

I really think alot of u but symptomts make it hard to read updates of my friends on SA, I hope u are fine erell and take good care please of yourself.

4 hours ago, Gridley said:

Sorry you're having dental issues.  There's no other anesthetic in Ecuador other than novocaine (that of course has adrenaline in it).  I recently had some dental work done with quite a lot of novocaine, and it made me me more agitated for a couple of days, then it calmed down.  The next time the dentist didn't have to use as much novocaine and I didn't have any agitation.

I hope you're doing well, Mustafa.

My friend gridley, now I feel my topic is taking the right path 😂, I used to find support from u ❤.

I really expect that adrenaline will make symptomts worse and I based this expectation up on what happened to me when I had pain killer for my tooth, I suffered 4 days symptomts agitation so I should be careful; I hope the dentist isnt obliged to use adrenaline and I will tell him about this and I hope it goes fine.

Good day for u gridley, stay well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:10 PM, mustafa said:

I feel improvements however, they are slow but iam fine

Oh yes this process is slow !
But I'm glad that you're seeing improvements, it sounds like you're on your path to healing.

Hoping your dental issues are getting better !

Sending hugs ❤️ 

2006 : 20mg Paroxetine + Bromazepam(no specific dose) (2008 : cold turkey of both)

April 2020-August 2020 : Paxil to Prozac bridge. Details https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21457-erell-struggling-with-paroxetine/?do=findComment&comment=499847

Current medication :  7mg Fluoxetine + toothpick Paroxetine (since 20 Aug 2020) + 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

1 hour ago, Erell said:

Oh yes this process is slow !
But I'm glad that you're seeing improvements, it sounds like you're on your path to healing.

Hoping your dental issues are getting better !

Sending hugs ❤️ 

Very slow, please:D

Thank u erell for passing by my thread to support, I really appreciate this.

For my dental issues, I could visit a doctor and he cured a part of the problem but this part was the worst my teeth arent hindering me now, completing this journey.

I hope u are fine too and hugs back ❤❤

• 1 month later...

Hello dear @mustafa,

Wondering how you're doing ?

Hope 2021 is starting smoothly on your side ❤

Edited by Erell

On 1/12/2021 at 4:13 PM, Erell said:

Hello dear @mustafa,

Wondering how you're doing ?

Hope 2021 is starting smoothly on your side ❤

Hello erell,

It is really a very long time since I last typed a reply on SA but I vusit it alot.

Well, there are ups and downs but I still suffer in withdrawals and the good thing is that there are improvements but, iam.not able to get assured about the symptomts and I dont feel iam secured.

I really think of u the most of time I spend on SA and read your updates but, u didnt type an update since alot too, the last update was that u felt partially normal while shopping, right?,I was too happy to read this.

I hope u are ok and feeling relaxed.

Generally for me, iam doing everything carefully, eating carefully and exerting efforts carefully too, I still with no work, imade an earlier decision not to go for work at all until iam.symptomts free.

Hello @Altostrata,

I hope u are fine. 

The last few months I was holding a full free sugar diet, I stopped eating all sources of sugar and this happened gradually. I was depending on avocados as my fruit need but I have a problem now. I cant get avocado right now. It is ok for me to stop all fruit( because their sugar content) but after some days from stopping fruits(45 days for example), I feel down and I feel also need to eat some fruit and here is the problem, I dont bear at all eating fruit and I dont know why, is this because I stopped sugar for alot of time and hince having it again is bad for me?. During writing this post, I feel severe synptomts as a result of having apples.

my own expectation is I felt bad because I havent eaten fruits since alot and if I continued to have fruits again and again, these effects will go away but, I cant dare to have risk to do this.

Do u have any advice concerning thia matter pls?.

• Administrator
Altostrata

How about eating vegetables? Vegetables are good for you.

I'm not a dietician, but they say the fiber, nutrients, and enzymes in fruit outweigh the risk of any sugar content (unless you have severe diabetes).

If you want more information about nutrition, please join a nutrition or vegetarian Web site or group.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Just now, Altostrata said:

How about eating vegetables? Vegetables are good for you.

I'm not a dietician, but they say the fiber, nutrients, and enzymes in fruit outweigh the risk of any sugar content (unless you have severe diabetes).

If you want more information about nutrition, please join a nutrition or vegetarian Web site or group.

Vegetables are very good for me yes, I dont show any bad reaction to vegetables but, is it risky to avoid eating fruits for alot of time or there is no problem?( if u have the information).

• Administrator
Altostrata

No, you don't have to eat fruits if you are eating vegetables. Are you also eating meat, cheese, or eggs?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

No, you don't have to eat fruits if you are eating vegetables. Are you also eating meat, cheese, or eggs?

Yes alto I do eat all these foods 😂 but they are ok to me or increase the symptomts slightly compared to sugar.

It is good to tell me and I read that iam not in need for eating fruit ❤.