mustafa: withdrawals

mustafa

Hello @Altostrata, i hope u are fine.

Please i have a question if u know its answer. Does the worsrning effect of the drugs( flu drugs for example) increase or decrease as time passes and more healing occurs?

Thank you.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

On 4/13/2021 at 11:56 PM, Edmunds said:

@mustafaThe Holy Quran exempts you from fasting if you are ill, right? How do you feel about that?

Hello edmunds

Iam so sorry for the very late reply.

Thank god, matters were fine and i could fast without need for alot of precautions. I was only careful to eat enough proteins at suhur and have my breakfast in batches and this worked.

❤️❤️❤️

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, mustafa said:

Hello @Altostrata, i hope u are fine.

Please i have a question if u know its answer. Does the worsrning effect of the drugs( flu drugs for example) increase or decrease as time passes and more healing occurs?

Thank you.

I don't understand this question about flu drugs. Please ask your doctor, we don't provide general medical advice here.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Dear @mustafa

Just thought of you. How are you doing?

Hug sent your way ❤️

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

On 5/26/2021 at 6:19 PM, Hanna72 said:

Dear @mustafa

Just thought of you. How are you doing?

Hug sent your way ❤️

Hello hanna,

Iam very sorry i missed your message, i was about to reply to u the day u posted it in but i missed this.

I hope you are fine.

I visit SA from time to time to feel connected to my friends. Just visiting our website is assuring for all of us. I feel fine and i improved alot but i don't think i reached full recover. There are some problems with parents to accept about the long period for me now, but i try to cope with stress comes form this part. I avoid alot of food types as they still worsen me. I think totally iam ok. How about you?

• 7 months later...

Hi, I was just wondering if you u still suffering with bad depersonalization? It have had it constantly for 14 months after quitting Zoloft and it’s so bad that keeps me bedridden/ housebound. I hope your doing better overall.

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

59 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Hi, I was just wondering if you u still suffering with bad depersonalization? It have had it constantly for 14 months after quitting Zoloft and it’s so bad that keeps me bedridden/ housebound. I hope your doing better overall.

hello dear, i hope you are fine.

actually yes, iam still suffering from DP as a main symptom. iam careful to be on SA daily but i have no new to write. i have an advice to you beside this that to be away from all fats( meet fats, fatty products, and almost all fats even nuts and seeds), stay away from fish, spicy foods and also any gluten containig foods. i found this food list to be bad for me.  Also during a stage of my recovery i found vegetables very gentle to be but fruits were not. oddly, this changed at the current times and i find fruits to be good and vegs to be worsening. Iam not sure whether you will live my experience similarly or not but i write to you that you may need to make use of my experience up to this time.

10 minutes ago, mustafa said:

hello dear, i hope you are fine.

actually yes, iam still suffering from DP as a main symptom. iam careful to be on SA daily but i have no new to write. i have an advice to you beside this that to be away from all fats( meet fats, fatty products, and almost all fats even nuts and seeds), stay away from fish, spicy foods and also any gluten containig foods. i found this food list to be bad for me.  Also during a stage of my recovery i found vegetables very gentle to be but fruits were not. oddly, this changed at the current times and i find fruits to be good and vegs to be worsening. Iam not sure whether you will live my experience similarly or not but i write to you that you may need to make use of my experience up to this time.

Thanks for ur reply. It’s so disheartening to hear after years of being off u still have bad DP. I don’t know if I can survive with this symptom much longer. Did ur DP started while on drugs or after u quit? Has it gotten better with time? It is unbearable for me

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

36 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Thanks for ur reply. It’s so disheartening to hear after years of being off u still have bad DP. I don’t know if I can survive with this symptom much longer. Did ur DP started while on drugs or after u quit? Has it gotten better with time? It is unbearable for me

my dear, the matter musn't be the same for you. actually, i was on 3 kinds of drugs so i had to expect a long time recovering.Iam sorry if i made you feel dishearting but as i told you, you can manage your symptomts to be not disabling at all and symptomts improve as time goes as well. So, no, don't feel bad, every thing is fine. 

1 minute ago, mustafa said:

my dear, the matter musn't be the same for you. actually, i was on 3 kinds of drugs so i had to expect a long time recovering.Iam sorry if i made you feel dishearting but as i told you, you can manage your symptomts to be not disabling at all and symptomts improve as time goes as well. So, no, don't feel bad, every thing is fine. 

My DP isn’t letting up … I know I was only on one drug for just weeks but for some reason the DP is severe and renders me completely dysfunctional. I am glad ur able to live ur life despite DP and I ll pray for both of us for this horrific symptom to just vanish.

Symptoms while on zoloft

10 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

My DP isn’t letting up … I know I was only on one drug for just weeks but for some reason the DP is severe and renders me completely dysfunctional. I am glad ur able to live ur life despite DP and I ll pray for both of us for this horrific symptom to just vanish.

i think you may also to check if you eat some of the foods i advised you about. just try, i think you will get better results if you stopped them. By the way, DP wont harm you at all, i know how difficult it is but you are safe.

6 minutes ago, mustafa said:

i think you may also to check if you eat some of the foods i advised you about. just try, i think you will get better results if you stopped them. By the way, DP wont harm you at all, i know how difficult it is but you are safe.

Thanks for the food advices. I have not noticed any effects (good or bad) of any kind of food on my DP. I know DP will not physically hurt me but I simply can’t live trapped in my head. It’s awful to me.
is it getting any better for you with time?
Anyways, thank u for your time and I hope one day we get free of this symptom 

Symptoms while on zoloft

45 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

Thanks for the food advices. I have not noticed any effects (good or bad) of any kind of food on my DP. I know DP will not physically hurt me but I simply can’t live trapped in my head. It’s awful to me.
is it getting any better for you with time?
Anyways, thank u for your time and I hope one day we get free of this symptom 

yes it does get better, dont worry.

• 7 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello dear @mustafa,

Thank you so much for your support !
How are you doing these days ?
I knwo you've been through a lot, your perseverance is a real inspiration !
Take care ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 11 months later...

hello @Altostrata, @Gridley

i was wondering if i could take in vitamin c through skin. i believe that iam sensitive at the moment to all of the food products that have vitamin c in them. i heared of the serums, but it seems they are not effective enough in my case or i don't know and that's why actually i ask you. another question is about how my stomach respnd retroactively to foods. i don't know if i used the proper word to say it but here is the thing, i believe that i entered and suffered another bad wave because of some vinegar i had. it actually was in the olives(the vinegar)  i had alot of time ago and since then iam in a deep wave. before this happened, my food list that i wasn't sensitive to expanded a little to include some kinds of fruits and other foods but when i had this vinegar thing, i started to feel sensitive again to these foods. do you have something to tell about this or what may be the reason behind this?

ps: i totally think of vitamic c at the moment and how to get it because i feel that my body is tired and poorly acting and no big deal about my 2nd question.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, mustafa said:

i was wondering if i could take in vitamin c through skin.

Please use Google to answer this for yourself. Thank you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

8 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please use Google to answer this for yourself. Thank you.

in fact i actually did but found no thorough and clear answer. there is no direct answer for my question. it is all about how vitamin c is good for the skin and for the face but i couldn't know if it it can make up for vitamin c from food. i thought you might have the experience with that and dealt with it somehow before. i highly trust when you give the go ahead for something but now i'm gonna be confused. i don't trust google answers a big deal so iam not going for it. anyway thank you so much alto.

• Administrator

Al-Niaimi F, Chiang NYZ. Topical Vitamin C and the Skin: Mechanisms of Action and Clinical Applications. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2017 Jul;10(7):14-17. Epub 2017 Jul 1. PMID: 29104718; PMCID: PMC5605218.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5605218/