mustafa: withdrawals

mustafa

• Administrator

You need to set a sleep schedule and train yourself to keep it.

Don't eat food that gives you a panic attack.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Have the problem of feeling like i cant press my mobile buttons to write about my updates, have wrired stomach problems and general weekness.

Iam going through and dont feel a very huge danger.

Hope all of you are fine.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor
3 minutes ago, mustafa said:

Have the problem of feeling like i cant press my mobile buttons to write about my updates, have wrired stomach problems and general weekness.

Iam going through and dont feel a very huge danger.

Hope all of you are fine.

Time will heal it! You got this! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed ! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Hi Mustafa, 

Long time ago I had dépersonalization, before benzo and antidepressant. 

It was in relation with irritable bowel. 

Foodmap diet helped me à lot and I recovered almost 100%, but it took time, with waves and windows. 

For sleep, several thinks helped me. 

Find regular sleep shedule, as Altostrata say. 

Eat 3 hours before to sleep. Slight dîner, avoid fats, eat starchy foods. 

Avoid TV or smartphone 2 hours before to sleep. Have gentle activities on evening with slight light. Find sleep routine. 

Breathing exercice, méditation, read à book etc... 

No stay to wait un bed too long if sleep don't comes. Do gentle activities with slight light until you feel asleep. 

Do not watch too often what time is it if you Don't sleep. 

Step by step it helped me. I Hope it may help you too. 

Take care of yourself. 

Courage Mustafa. :)

Vega

2018 : 29 July xanax 0,125x 2 12 Aug 0,25 x 2  28 Aug clotiazépam 5x2 4 Oct Prazepam : 5-5-7,5 to 3,5-3,5-6,5 25 oct 10x3 21 nov 9,5 x3/ Now Taper 2% / 21days = 19 may 2019 7,32x3/ Now 5%/8 days =10 july 5,145 x3 /Now 2% / 21 days = 27 sept 4,75x3/ Now 1%/21 days = nov 4,70 x3 dec 4,65x3 jan 2020 4,60x3 feb 4,50x3 march 4,45x3 april 4,385x3 may 4,32x3 

2018 : 29 Aug Venlafaxine 75mg XR 19 sept 37,5mg 4 oct 75mg18 oct bridge sertraline 1 nov Sertraline 50mg slow taper until mi April 2019= 25mg

15 July Escitalopram 5mg 20 Ju 4mg 22 Ju 3,25mg 23 ju 2,5mg  25 ju 2,25mg 8 Aug 2 mg 16 Aug 1,75mg 20 Aug 1,50mg 12 sept 1,25mg 24 sept 1,38mg 28 sept 1,50mg 8 Jan 1, 60mg

13 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Time will heal it! You got this! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed ! 

Thanks coco foe yiur very gery big support to me ♥️.

8 hours ago, Vegalia said:

Courage Mustafa

My dear vega,

I think tiur routine is the best for me to follow these days, i trying to hang on as much as i can and hope nothing severe.

I think that part of my problem is that i dont understand the nature of DP epispdes; i will talk to altostrata and google more to get more information.

Good night for u .

Take care 😘

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

Hello @Altostrata,

Please i have some more questions which you may be familiar with up on your experience:

1- which is harder in its withdrawals, antidepressants or psychoative drugs or they are the same ( assuming the same period)?

2- i read before that adding psychoative drugs to antidepressants will increase the period of withdrawals, my question is, does this because my brain is dependant to 2 types of drugs or because psychoative drugs make ADs affect deeper on brain ?

3-  when i was having psychoative drugs cold turkey, i had no terrible effects and if there, they were for only two days, does this mean that iam ok with psychoative drugs or that the withdrawals of these drugs will appear with the withdrawals of antidepressants?

4-my last question is to mention please the hardes case of withdrawals you know for me, i need to make sure that evey thing is bearable and i can control it alone without needing emergency help ..

Iam really sorry if my questions are alot and bothering altostrata ♥️♥️.

• Administrator

1. All psychotropic withdrawal is the same. There is no worst drug class.

2. If you add drugs to antidepressants, you will have more to taper off, one drug at a time. Any psychoactive drug taken regularly will cause adaptation in the nervous system.

3. You were lucky when you got away with cold turkey. This may not happen again.

4. I do not understand this question. You went off Trintellix a year ago. How have your symptoms changed in the last 3 months?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

12 hours ago, Altostrata said:

4. I do not understand this question. You went off Trintellix a year ago. How have your symptoms changed in the last 3 months?

My last question was for assurance, 

It was to say, will i be able to bear all the symptomts of withdrawals alone or at a certain stage, i may be in need for emergency help? i asked you to mention the worst case of taper ( cold turkey) you saw here or at any place which is harder than mine and could go through.

Yes, i quit trintellix( after having it for 3 months but i had Ads and antipsychotics for 3 years ) and the symptomts changed in the last three months like i had the blockages and pressure in my head is slighter, iam better in behaving but i had some problems with thoughts in my head.

I cant precisely determine whether i had a strong change un the symptomts or not but you can say, moderate change..

• Moderator Emeritus
25 minutes ago, mustafa said:

It was to say, will i be able to bear all the symptomts of withdrawals alone or at a certain stage, i may be in need for emergency help? i asked you to mention the worst case of taper ( cold turkey) you saw here or at any place which is harder than mine and could go through.

Dear Mustafa 

What is the point in expecting the worse ?

It sounds like you're conditionning yourself for feeling bad. 

Thinking again and again about how awfull wd can be won't help you to feel better. It will only add fears, anxiety and sadness to your already difficult situation.

Symptoms will come and go : spending your days waiting for them will only add misery.

So, even if Altostrata gives you awfull exemples : what would you do with these infos? 

It won't tell you exactly what your future will be. Everybody's journey is different.

Please Mustafa, be gentle to yourself ❤

I know how hard it is : best we can do is take care of ourselves. Keeping safe and practicing selfcare. 

Take care ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

40 minutes ago, Erell said:

Dear Mustafa 

What is the point in expecting the worse ?

It sounds like you're conditionning yourself for feeling bad. 

Thinking again and again about how awfull wd can be won't help you to feel better. It will only add fears, anxiety and sadness to your already difficult situation.

Symptoms will come and go : spending your days waiting for them will only add misery.

So, even if Altostrata gives you awfull exemples : what would you do with these infos? 

It won't tell you exactly what your future will be. Everybody's journey is different.

Please Mustafa, be gentle to yourself ❤

I know how hard it is : best we can do is take care of ourselves. Keeping safe and practicing selfcare. 

Take care ❤

Hello erell, i hope you are very fine and ok with the fluoxetine dosage now, you are a strong girl and i really trust your opinion and strength.

I need only to be back to 7 april 2019, this is the day which i stopped the drug and what i felt just after stopping the drug was like that: no pain, no fears, no anxiety and no akathesia, just my brain and head is one block and cant rember anything and my vision is bad but no anxiety, fear nor terror at all.

When i wake up, i feel real hige deprrssion but it hides after minutes and then i go back to the state of non caring again( no fears, no terror, no clear vision)..

The situation of me is that i didnt feel terror as a normal human and because jt is sure a normal human must be able to feel and become afraid, that means my neurosmitters are in their way to make me feel the emotions and that means i will be forced to be afraid( if u understand this), my questions to altostrata are always to make myself not afraid of this moment and welcoming to it with no problems.

Alot of times i try to go out and stay with friends, sometimes i can and the others dont but depersonalization puts ideas that are very hindering to live a normal life( too depressive thoughts).

Thats why i asked altostrata to assure me about.

I hope you got what mean my dear.

Take care of yourself♥️

• Administrator

Recovery is very gradual. If you have seen improvement, that's a good sign. Don't do anything to hinder it.

2 hours ago, mustafa said:

will i be able to bear all the symptomts of withdrawals alone or at a certain stage, i may be in need for emergency help?

I cannot tell the future. The decision to seek emergency help is your decision, not inevitable fate.

8 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Recovery is very gradual. If you have seen improvement, that's a good sign. Don't do anything to hinder it.

I cannot tell the future. The decision to seek emergency help is your decision, not inevitable fate.

Thank u altostra,

You are always great 😘.

Iam alot better today and feel very close for recover.

Hope the best foe every one.

Good night my dear friend♥️

• Mentor
9 hours ago, mustafa said:

Iam alot better today and feel very close for recover.

So good to hear👍
Well done. Hope today will be a bit better for you too. Hang on to those days that you feel a little better, every tiny step of improvement is a step towards healing. 
My best wishes to you🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:56 PM, Hanna72 said:

So good to hear👍
Well done. Hope today will be a bit better for you too. Hang on to those days that you feel a little better, every tiny step of improvement is a step towards healing. 
My best wishes to you🙏

Dear hanna,

Thank u for your supportive words and really the best fact, is that these symptomts will never last forever and they must end, this should give any one the hope to continue and give him a push to bear.

I hope u are ok 😘.

Today was really perfect, i dont know how i could stay several hours without food, this is really fantastic and could do some effort while fasting too, woooow.

I still have some sumptomts of depersonalization but iam almost ok (and specially today)with them.

You cant imagine how today gave me hope to complete this journey 🙏.

Never forget to thank you @Gridley/ @Altostrata  and all members, really thank u so much♥️.

Lets do it ...

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, mustafa said:

Lets do it ...

I'm very happy to hear that you are doing so well.  You have made amazing progress since you first posted.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

2 hours ago, Gridley said:

I'm very happy to hear that you are doing so well.  You have made amazing progress since you first posted.

Thank u gridley, 

That was never to be without your support♥️

Hello everone,

Today and all the last week, i had physical and psychological weakness, feel that i cant controll my reactions and emotions; i become too excited when happy and i try to not be sad.

Every thing until now is ok to me and familiar. From the moment of my cold turkey till now, the depersonalization shows me all what it brought to me..

Good luck for all of u 🙏.

• Mentor
24 minutes ago, mustafa said:

feel that i cant controll my reactions and emotions; i become too excited when happy and i try to not be sad.

Hey mustafa. I know this feeling too. It’s so good to have the happy feelings, that gets us excited, and we want more. And we will get more of those happy joyful times as we move closer to healing. 
I also try not to be sad, but it can be hard sometimes. I am trying to allow myself to be sad and accept it, instead of fighting it.

We can do this💪
Take care🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

15 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

Hey mustafa. I know this feeling too. It’s so good to have the happy feelings, that gets us excited, and we want more. And we will get more of those happy joyful times as we move closer to healing. 
I also try not to be sad, but it can be hard sometimes. I am trying to allow myself to be sad and accept it, instead of fighting it.

We can do this💪
Take care🙏

My dear hanna,

Thanks for supporting me and i think we did it once we wanted to stop the drugs.

Good days should all be lived by us and we enjoy every moment and  take rests at bad days.

We still have the fact that these symptomts wont last forever so lets live what behijd the recover.

We will never give up♥️♥️✌️.

Hope the best for you.

Take care please 🙏

• Mentor

ان شاء الله يا مصطفى هتبقى كويس و تتحسن 😊 ربنا معاك و افتكر اننا فى امان💪🏼

You will be okay InshaAllah and you will heal do not worry and remember, we are safe 😊💪🏼

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

06/2016-  10/2018 ( Cold Turkey) 

10 minutes ago, Amira123 said:

ان شاء الله يا مصطفى هتبقى كويس و تتحسن 😊 ربنا معاك و افتكر اننا فى امان💪🏼

You will be okay InshaAllah and you will heal do not worry and remember, we are safe 😊💪🏼

ان شاء الله يااميره يارب وان شاء الله انتى كمان تبقى كويسه ونحتفل مع بعض بأننا خلاص .بره الدوا دا وخلصنا منه للابد 

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

I want to describe how i feel with depersonalization one more time.

Feel like someone died and now in his tomb but this one will revive again( thia ia how i feel and not just a describtion); what makes it always bad is that i dont have inner fears, emotionally numb; how for a person who feel like this not to be afraid or feel terrrified, i dont feel or iam able to neglect, i dont know whats going on.

What i do know is that iam walking through my way to revive.

I have worries about this moment and sometimes, i feel fears, real fears; iam not all the times numb.

The question i always asked to myself, how would this moment of revive be like, will i feel sudden fears.

Depersonalization as u know make us lose the ability to identifiy others, phrases and things; for alot of times and when i was waking up, i wasnt able to identify myself.

@Gridley, @Altostrata

Pleade i need your advice concerning magnesium.

For sometimes, i felt ok on magnesium and the others, i felt very bad; really i want to try it one more time but of course i need to be aware and careful

What do u think, may i try it again or it would be ok not to have it?

Hope you are very fine ❤️.

• Administrator

You might try a very small amount first, mustafa, such as 1/4 tablet. See how you feel. Don't continue to take it if it makes you feel bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

@mustafa Thank you for your kind words as always. How are you doing? 
Hugs to you 🥰

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

7 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

@mustafa Thank you for your kind words as always. How are you doing? 
Hugs to you 🥰

My dear hanna,

Thank you so much foe passing by my thread and i hope u are well now❤️.

For me, it comes and goes; some days are really wonderful but i become stuck in other days to episodes of panick attacks, hard to breath and feel loss of control like tonight; i trying to hang on until this wave ends and i hope it succeed .

I think i dont have negative thing in my soul; i want to recover and not down in my soul but, the symptots have another opinion 🖐️.

I try to take care of myself and live the present and be careful and i hope the process goes safely and be bearable.

How about u hanna❤️.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Altostrata, @Gridley,

I hope both of you are ok.

Iam still suffering with depersonalization but I feel that I will get it very soon and I also have some more inquiries for u please, I think they would help.

1- can the same symptomts be different in severity depending on the drug I tapered? ( if I did cold turkey for paroxetine for example and had the same sumptomts I have now, were they to be less or more severe than trintellix?)

2- before doing a cold turkey for antidepressants, I used trintellix for 3 months until I felt that it made a full control on my brain and I think this is a considered a full bridging for trintellix; I stopped trintellix and used patoxetine for a month and my question is, did paroxetine made me avoid the very hard time of trintellix's cold turkey and made the symptomts of rapid taper, gentler?

3-the third thing my friends is that my current situation is that I have 2 troubles, first is that I cant feel like coherent and feel destroyed( not in my soul but I feel like cant be assured and behave confidently or control my nerves; when iam in a strong emotion situation, I feel shaking and not confident at all.

And the second is that I feel like I know everything about life and people and I wont find anything to make me love to live again ( :what more to know about life and people, I know everything:, this is what I tell myself), do u have something to tell that makes me feel like there are alot of things about life that I dont know, I wont search but I need a push ❤..

I hope both of u are fine 

Thanks for everything❤.

• Mentor

Hi @mustafa Just wanted to drop by your thread and send you strength and good vibes💖

Take care🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

• Moderator Emeritus

1- can the same symptomts be different in severity depending on the drug I tapered? ( if I did cold turkey for paroxetine for example and had the same sumptomts I have now, were they to be less or more severe than trintellix?)

It is true that Paxil is one of the most difficult drugs to stop and can cause severe symptoms..  But really there is no way to to rank AD's in terms of severity of symptoms in WD.  It all depends on the individual person.  Prozac, which some say is one of the easier drugs to stop, can cause severe withdrawals in some people.

2- before doing a cold turkey for antidepressants, I used trintellix for 3 months until I felt that it made a full control on my brain and I think this is a considered a full bridging for trintellix; I stopped trintellix and used patoxetine for a month and my question is, did paroxetine made me avoid the very hard time of trintellix's cold turkey and made the symptomts of rapid taper, gentler?

It is possible that this happened.  Sometimes the substitution of one drug for another can make WD symptoms for the first drug gentler.  And, of course, sometimes not.

I have 2 troubles, first is that I cant feel like coherent and feel destroyed( not in my soul but I feel like cant be assured and behave confidently or control my nerves; when iam in a strong emotion situation, I feel shaking and not confident at all.

This is typical of withdrawal.  Your central nervous system is very sensitized, and real emotions cans get exaggerated.  And then there are the neuroemotions that can make you feel out of control.

feel like I know everything about life and people and I wont find anything to make me love to live again ( :what more to know about life and people, I know everything:, this is what I tell myself), do u have something to tell that makes me feel like there are alot of things about life that I dont know, I wont search but I need a push

None of us know everything about life.  You are feeling that because you are in the middle of a lot of confusion caused by withdrawal.  When you're in the middle of emotional blunting (apathy and anhedonia) there doesn't seem to be a lot to love about life.  But this will fade in time and you will love life again and feel enthusiasm again.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

2 hours ago, Gridley said:

It is true that Paxil is one of the most difficult drugs to stop and can cause severe symptoms..  But really there is no way to to rank AD's in terms of severity of symptoms in WD.  It all depends on the individual person.  Prozac, which some say is one of the easier drugs to stop, can cause severe withdrawals in some people.

It is possible that this happened.  Sometimes the substitution of one drug for another can make WD symptoms for the first drug gentler.  And, of course, sometimes not.

This is typical of withdrawal.  Your central nervous system is very sensitized, and real emotions cans get exaggerated.  And then there are the neuroemotions that can make you feel out of control.

None of us know everything about life.  You are feeling that because you are in the middle of a lot of confusion caused by withdrawal.  When you're in the middle of emotional blunting (apathy and anhedonia) there doesn't seem to be a lot to love about life.  But this will fade in time and you will love life again and feel enthusiasm again.

My lovely friend gridley,

Your words are ideal for me and I got all what I wanted from my questions, by you.

I hope you are feeling ok and all.my best wishes for u ❤.

• 4 weeks later...

My dears @Altostrata& @Gridley,

I hope both of u are ok and doing well.

A week ahgo, I had gingivitis, I thought it was a problem with my teeth and a dentist described an antibiotic to help but the antibiotic made nothing and I expected this would be from withdrawals( after I thought it was impossible to be a withdrawal but nothing explain this except withdrawals).

After I took the antibiotic, I felt very bad withdrawals but I really want to get an advice to judge whether the antibiotic was responsible or not!!!

If u have an advice for how to make the gingitivs gentler please.

Thanks very much .

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, mustafa said:

If u have an advice for how to make the gingitivs gentler please.

Salt water.  Search salt water gingivitis to find out how much salt to use in how much water and how many times a day to rinse out your mouth.

16 minutes ago, mustafa said:

After I took the antibiotic, I felt very bad withdrawals but I really want to get an advice to judge whether the antibiotic was responsible or not!!!

Yes, taking an antibiotic can cause an increase in withdrawal symptoms.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

The most common form of saltwater used for an antiseptic is called an isotonic solution and contains 9% salt. The easiest way to make it is 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup warm water.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

@ChessieCat, @brassmonkey,

Thanks alot for the very good information, going to try salt water and tell u how it goes.

Good night for both of u ❤.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Brass.

You're welcome mustafa.

And the more often you can do it the better.  If you get up during the night rinse then too.  And definitely after eating or drinking (other than water).

When I have a sore mouth I like to hold the salt water in my mouth for a little while before spitting it out.  It doesn't have to be every time.

Edited by ChessieCat

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Any you should make sure you still brush your teeth gently with a soft toothbrush.