Sign in to follow this  
emilie

Meteoropathy

emilie

Hi, i have find an article on meteoropathy. I was wondering if after withdrawal people with their instability could be more prone to meteoropathy. Have some of you that? How it manifest? thanks.

ChessieCat

All my life I've had issues with windy weather, both leading up to it, during and afterwards.  It makes me irritable.  I can remember times when I've experienced a headache during stormy weather.

Apparently many teachers have noticed that school children can become restless during certain types of weather, and I don't just mean them staying inside because it's raining.

I did a site search and found this comment by bubble:

On 10/22/2013 at 7:54 PM, bubble said:

But this morning I woke up at 5.30 feeling anxious (despite sleeping in complete dark), after an hour of tossing and turning I decided to take the morning dose of my meds earlier and was then able to fall asleep again for an hour.

Now my head feels foggy and I'm struggling with my focus and concentration badly. This kind of feeling always makes me check the biometheorological forecast: and it is bad for meteoropaths today. They focus on people with cardiovascular conditions and add a note on increased irritability in general while on one site it even says  Тhe most pronounced among meteoropathic reactions could be headache and increased anxiety.

weather is in general a very significant factor for me and I realised I was very sensitive to changes in atmospheric pressure. I never studied the mechanism as thoroughly as Alto does, but have now read that changes in the atmospheric pressure influence pituitary gland to produce ACTH which is a stress hormone that causes anxiety (that coudl explain why I had this reaction).

bubbles

I hate hot weather, feel awful. Where I live, 83F is commonly held to be the perfect temperature - not hot, just pleasantly warm; I agree. Up to 95 is okay; over 100 is just awful and when it gets to 110 I just want to sit in front of the aircon. Hot weather makes me anxious and miserable. Not sure I've noticed it with other types of weather, but that might be related to where I live.

emilie

i feel bad if the air is hot and dried too, so when the weather is beautiful. and i feel better when it is cloudy.