Erell: struggling with paroxetine

Erell

Coucou Erell,

It sounds like you may be improving overall even though the anxiety is keeping you at home. Being sleep is a huge advantage and will help you recover. Your evening routine seems to be working for you. I am so glad. ;) 

Have a lovely day....

Giulietta 🤗

Coucou Erell, 

Have been not here so much over weekend, was busy catsitting. Was lovely to have feline company, very soothing, very cuddly. Was so tired on Saturday, and so I went to bed in the afternoon, and Coconut the cat cuddled up next to me.

I'm catching up on your posts and you seem to be improving. Slow and steady is the way to go! You are levelling, and things will improve and keep improving. Hope you're having a good day...love and hugs x

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Erell

Needed a couple of days off, hopefully back tomorrow.

Surprising how much you and @Vegalia improved over weekend, good news.

@Rhiannon congrats on the mentorship, got you, no way out now.🏃‍♂️👏

Sass

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh @Sassenach, take good care of you and be off from here as long as you need ! I strongly think of you and hope you pamper yourself ❤😚

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Good evening dear @sunnysideup69, @Guilietta

You all seem To think that I'm improving, as Sass does. 

It is Nice To hear while I Feel stuck in this no end wave , thank you,  your external point of view is so important! ❤

This morning, I had an appointment with my doctor To postpone work. But..I made a mistake ...I arrived with a smile ...and he didn't like that! He basically shout me and told me that I had To make efforts! That if I was able To smile then I was able To work. That a real dépressive doesn't smile...blahblah. It was quite awful. He prescribed me off work until 18 novembre,and said that he Will not help To postpone work again.

I cried in the street.

Then I thought " Sunnysideup would say this man is a turd"  😉 it made me smile again, so thank you Sunny 😘

I'm quite proud this evening because I réalise that I managed To apply acceptance the rest of the day. And that I didn't get too obsessed with what said this doctor this morning. 

Step by step...

Love and hugs ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

hi erell

do not worry about your work stop you can go see a pscy he will do it easily and from here you'll be better and you can go back to work

😉I kiss you

14 minutes ago, Erell said:

Bonsoir, cher @ sunnysideup69 , @ guilietta

Vous semblez tous penser que je m'améliore, comme Sass. 

Il est agréable d'entendre pendant que je me sens coincé dans cette vague sans fin, merci, votre point de vue externe est si important!

Ce matin, j'avais rendez-vous avec mon médecin pour reporter le travail. Mais… j'ai commis une erreur… Je suis arrivé avec un sourire… et il n'a pas aimé ça! Il m'a essentiellement crié et m'a dit que je devais faire des efforts! Que si je pouvais sourire, je pouvais travailler. Qu'un vrai dépressif ne sourit pas ... blahblah. C'était assez affreux. Il m'a prescrit du travail jusqu'au 18 novembre et a déclaré qu'il ne m'aiderait pas à remettre le travail à plus tard.

J'ai pleuré dans la rue.

Alors je pensais que « Sunnysideup dirait que cet homme est un étron »  😉 il m'a fait sourire à nouveau, je vous remercie donc ensoleillé 😘

Je suis assez fier ce soir car je réalise que j'ai réussi à appliquer l'acceptation le reste de la journée. Et que je ne devenais pas trop obsédé par ce que disait ce médecin ce matin. 

Pas à pas...

Amour et câlins

Deroxat (paxil) 20 mg pour 10 ml

12/14 18 mg réduction de 5% tous les mois 13/01/15 14.4mg 15/08 9,6 mg 16.01 reduction3% 8 mg par mois 16/02 7,8 mg 18.02 3 mg

18.03 2,92 à 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg

18/06 2,66 mg

26/06/18 2,58 mg en 26 jours

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

10/09/19 retour à 1,58 mg  27/12/19 retour à 1,65mg direct transition to fluoxetine the 11/01/2020 1,65mg

Coucou Erell,

3 hours ago, Erell said:

your external point of view is so important! ❤

We can be objective!

3 hours ago, Erell said:

this man is a turd

For sure.  If this were  not a public forum we could describe said turd using other colorful language. :)  I wonder if you would contact your employer about this and ask if you could start with part-time hours and have a flexible schedule?

3 hours ago, Erell said:

And that I didn't get too obsessed with what said this doctor this morning. 

You didn't allow this idiot to control over your feelings :)  and this is sign of your personal strength and improving state of mind. 

Hugs,

Giuilietta

• Moderator Emeritus

Good morning. 

Diary Monday 4 Novembre/ day 41 on 10mg Paroxetine 

7am woke up anxious 

7.30am: 10mg Paroxetine +1 fish oil capsule 

8.30am: anxiety: 6 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 5

Some dizziness.

It Will be the same all morning. 

11.30am: doctor appointment

12.30 anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 5

1pm : anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 4.

From 3pm To 4pm I went To work. I wanted To try To connect again. I spent the hour with a kind colleague,  discussed.

Then I went To the seaside.

6pm : anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 4.

A friend arrived, she Will stay with me until wednesday.

I did'nt apply my bedtime routine but it was nice To interact with somebody!

10pm : bedtime: anxiety: 4 / restlessness: 3 / despair: 3.

Lights off at 11pm, fall asleep around midnight. Woke up anxious this morning at 7am. 

--》 I felt more connected yesterday 😍

--》 I don't know where I am  : I don't think it was a window, but a wave easier To surf because of my mood.

🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️

Current medication :

12 hours ago, Erell said:

This morning, I had an appointment with my doctor To postpone work. But..I made a mistake ...I arrived with a smile ...and he didn't like that! He basically shout me and told me that I had To make efforts! That if I was able To smile then I was able To work. That a real dépressive doesn't smile...blahblah. It was quite awful. He prescribed me off work until 18 novembre,and said that he Will not help To postpone work again.

I cried in the street.

Then I thought " Sunnysideup would say this man is a turd"  😉 it made me smile again, so thank you Sunny 😘

Oh my gosh. Erell, this man is indeed a little turd, and a particularly smelly one. What an astounding lack of understanding about depression - but it doesn't surprise me, unfortunately. Within the medical profession, there is such a huge sea of misinformation. It scares me.

Perhaps it is time for a new GP. He sounds awful.

In the meantime, I'm so glad you handled it well. Am really glad to have made you smile. Just as I discovered last week at work, there are going to be little turds along the way. We have to walk around them and not get them stuck to our shoes ;) You've inspired me and reminded me today, so thank you.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

6 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

We have to walk around them and not get them stuck to our shoes ;) 

They can be landmines and  - and if they stick to our shoes even briefly - we wipe them off by scrubbing them off on the pavement. 😎 

6 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Within the medical profession, there is such a huge sea of misinformation. It scares me.

So many of of these people are psychopaths (hate to be blunt about it). I said to the therapist yesterday that the prescribers of thse meds should have their medical licenses revoked. That didn't go over well (even if it is the truth) so I ought to keep my mouth shut. She works with these peole...

Time for a 2nd opinion. Good thing you are informed. Wish I could recommend someone for you.

Again - kudos to you for handling this and taking the high road. I think some of these cretins know they are not knowledgeable about this, don't want to ask questions (MDs don't like our questions to begin with!) because it shows they don't know everything....

Hugs and glad you were feeling better, sweetie.

Giuilietta 🤗

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi !

Yes I maybe should find an other doctor..But it is not easy : where I live they are all full and don't easily accept new patients. And, honestly, I don't really believe I can find a better one : since 2014, when I started my slow benzo taper, i've seen many different doctors, and never find one that believe in WD or one who would give support. 

We have To "use" doctors, To get what we need. Unfortunately: I would obviously prefer honest relationship.

Yesterday was a bit easier so I managed To accept the situation. 

Have To admit it is harder Today, and I'm struggling with acceptance. Today, it's been 19 days in this wave.

As Rhiannon always says, I'm still in early days. And have To be patient.

But sometimes I really struggle with the feeling of Being stuck forever in this 5/6 wave. And can't avoid myself To wonder if it is true that I Will see another window. 

When I don't believe, I ask myself if I could live like this. And I can't say "yes". I can't imagine living my all life 8n 5his state. I can't imagine live next months in this constant. 

So I try To live in the now. But the now is so hard. I need To escape. And try To imagine a better future.

Well I'm sorry, this is not a very positive post. I keep on hoping for a window.

I wish you all a Nice day ❤

Current medication :

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Erell

I was not in a wave, in fact had the best week so far.

I spent too much time on here because I was well and also had commitments over the weekend.

Seriously well done for the way you handled this.

11 minutes ago, Erell said:

We have To "use" doctors, To get what we need. Unfortunately: I would obviously prefer honest relationship.

They don't deserve honesty, they have never given it to us.

Then you managed this

8 hours ago, Erell said:

I went To work. I wanted To try To connect again. I spent the hour with a kind colleague,  discussed.

Then I went To the seaside

And this

8 hours ago, Erell said:

anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 4.

And this, look at the numbers

8 hours ago, Erell said:

bedtime: anxiety: 4 / restlessness: 3 / despair: 3.

And this, even better numbers.

Followed by

9 hours ago, Erell said:

Lights off at 11pm, fall asleep around midnight. Woke up anxious this morning at 7am

7 hours sleep.

1 hour ago, Erell said:

Well I'm sorry, this is not a very positive post. I keep on hoping for a window

I know you would like a window but there is one thing more important, baseline improvement, and you certainly have that.

At the risk of tempting providence you not only have an improvement but it is almost linear, which is even better.

The fact that you are trying to reconnect is great, only a couple of weeks ago you did not want to leave your flat.

You are doing really well, as Rhi said one day at a time.

Sass

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Erell said:

I need To escape. And try To imagine a better future.

We can escape together. 🤣  Visualizing a better future helps me. That someone prepared me for this and supported me - the MD - eventhough he was surprised/astounded at WD effects - helped.

The days get better. Wish I was there in person to comfort you. ☹️ Keep the faith. We've all been there.

Yees, about the MDs. there is a scarcity of general practitioners (we call them internists) and psychiatrists here too, particularly in mental health. I think they are paid amongst the least well maybe why there is a waiting list. They are a small community so talk (about us I imagine. :) ). YOu are right that honesty is the best possibililty.  In my meeting last week with mine - I mentioned that having a team approach would make this a smoother recovery. He agreed.

Staying in the moment does and focus on what we are doing n(and doing something - no matter how 'small' per se) helps prevent us from ruminating - at least it helped me.

This system won't let me quote you for some reason.  I understand am sorry you are less accepting and more upset about the turd's comment yesterday.  I wonder if turd was trying to intimidate you?  Maybe he really does undestand t understand the ups and downs of WD? That you can feel OK in the morning and bad in the afternoon?

I lot can happen in 19 days. You may be feeling much better - or not much better. Or a bit better to work somewhat.

If it helps you - when I was out of work twice on on medical leave - I touched base eith my supervisor about how I was deoing and was I well enough to come back to work. If the MD says around 19th that yes she is OK to try - or no - so be it. And if you try and it doesn't work and it maks you worse - you stop and redo the papeerwork (or whatever the process is). Or maybe you aren't sufficiently well to start in Nov 19. And you won't know until until much closer. If that is the case - you take appropriate steps to postpone return.

Will write later. Hang in there and thinking of you dear @Erell 🤗

I am sorry you are so sad today and are in my thoughts.

Hugs,

Giuilietta

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

At the risk of tempting providence you not only have an improvement but it is almost linear, which is even better.

Yesterday I was exactly wondering if I was expériencing a linear improvment. But Today is harder than yesterday, hardly went outside, disconnected, anxious and sad.

I'm sorry, I thought that these past few days I had made good progress in acceptance, and Today I Feel sad and unaccepting. 

one day at a time, I Will keep trying.

Current medication :

• Moderator Emeritus

Total linear recovery does not exist but you are nearer to it than most.

Chin up.

Sass

• Moderator Emeritus

@Guilietta : no I wasn't talking about what the MD said. I talked about less acceptance because Today I struggle with accepting my symptoms. 

Thank you for your support ❤

Current medication :

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, just stopping by for hugs 🙂

Also to let you know we are having a staffing crisis at work, so I may be working some overtime, and I won't have as much time as I have had recently to spend on this site. I'll probably drop in every day though but if you don't see me around as much don't worry.

Hang in there, you are doing great.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

@Rhiannon : Thank you for your hugs  😚 they are welcome! 😉

Hope you won't work too much, take good care of yourself and ❤

Current medication :

Dear Erell,

I am so sorry that you continue to struggle through this wave.... I think of you and check in on you often.

I just re-read Rhiannon’s post from a few days ago...her story of hope. I also am struggling today with symptoms so relying on others to remind me that this isn’t forever, that it will get better, that there is reason to have hope. Maybe it would help you also.

Take good care of yourself, Erell.

With love and hugs, AuntieBea🐝

1991: Start Prozac / 1993: Stop Prozac / 1995: Restart Prozac

1997: Add Wellbutrin / 2002: CT Prozac & Wellbutrin

2004-2017: Start 10mg Celexa & 150mg Wellbutrin 

2007: Add Ativan / 2009: Stop Ativan, start Klonopin & Seroquel

2012-2013: Taper off Klonopin & Seroquel

Aug 2017: Start tapering 10mg Celexa & 150mg Wellbutrin

Apr 2018: 6.5mg Celexa & 100mg Wellbutrin

Apr 2019: 5.4mg Celexa & 100mg Wellbutrin

Nov 2019: Start tapering Wellbutrin

Sept 2020: 5.4mg Celexa & 50mg Wellbutrin

June 5, 2021: 5.4mg Celexa & 32mg Wellbutrin

Dec 2021: 5.2mg Celexa & 30mg Wellbutrin

@Erell I belive this might comfort you a bit. I had a nice window for almost a week now. I had practically zero symptoms, I all ready thought I was over but today it hit me with anxiety and nervousness big time.  Since I don’t have any stressors I know it’s WDs. Even after more than 4 months of lowering dosage its still hard, but I see big improvement, windows are much longer. 

belive me, Im in the same struggle and I know exactly how it feels....

I also do all that I can to feel better....and I do it on daily basis ( visualization, yoga, long walks, no sugars, no alcohol, excersise in gym ...you name it ) and must say it does help, especially the walks I find most efficient.

2007-2015  10mg Lexapro ( escitalopram )

2015 november stopped cold turkey

2016 june - 2017 avgust 20mg Lexapro

cause it didn’t work for me anymore, psychiatrist  switched me to paxil

2017 avgust-  2019 february  40mg Paxil

2019 february lowered dose to 35 mg Paxil

2019 march lowered dose to 30 mg Paxil

2019 15.june lowered dose to 20mg Paxil

Hello erell, yesterday 5 Nov was bad to me too.

In good days I can play football but become very tired, I don't be able to run or do tough effort but yesterday was bad however, I played football😂, my team members told me that I was the reason of the defeat but I didn't care 😂; one thing was very good to me, even simple and not enough, when I compared myself to the times I played football before, I found iam better, it is true that it isn't enough but better and I felt refuse and not accepting, I think the not accepting feeling is because I need to live life again, need to be with people and need to be myself again so if you not accept, you are better erell.

Asking yourself: can I live my life like this, is an evidence you are stronger. you reminded me that all this will be a memory and I love to remember your words a lot.

Big hugs to you my dear.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

5 hours ago, Sassenach said:

They don't deserve honesty, they have never given it to us.

If you talk about doctors, You are right sassenach, I will never forget the day I was very upset and feel no longer want to live and despite that, the psychiatrist let me go without any, any care for this.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Moderator Emeritus

@AuntieBea, @mustafa, @Markolo1980 : Thank you so much for your support ❤

Your words are really great comfort.

Diary Tuesday 5 Novembre/ day 42 on 10mg Paroxetine

7am : woke up anxious (6).

7.30am: 10mg Paroxetine  + 1 fish oil capsule 

All morning: anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 5. Internal tremors. 

12 : Went To the seaside To walk.

All afternoon : anxiety: 6 / restlessness: 6 / despair : 5-6.

9.20pm : bedtime. Internal tremors. 

Anxiety: 5-6 / restlessness : 5 / despair: 5.

Lights off at 11pm, fall asleep around midnight. 

Woke up anxious this morning at 7am. 

🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️

Current medication :

Hello Erell,

I am sorry you are despondent about how you feel (and that I misinterpeted)

19 hours ago, Erell said:

Today I struggle with accepting my symptoms. 

You comforted me on my trouble to accept my emotional symptoms and life situation. You reminded me to take one day at a time.

20 hours ago, Erell said:

Yesterday I was exactly wondering if I was expériencing a linear improvment. But Today is harder than yesterday,

There is no linear improvement. 😢 After a day or two of feeling almost ourselves - we may feel we are going to get better steadily. But then we slide back until we move forward again - and then have longer windows - even if longer by a little bit. I remember this feeling of having two or three nice days - and then thought I was OK! Only to have the ugly days come back - and then they went way and the good days come back.  ☀️

6 hours ago, Erell said:

bedtime. Internal tremors. 

Anxiety: 5-6 / restlessness : 5 / despair: 5.

Lights off at 11pm, fall asleep around midnight. 

Woke up anxious this morning at 7am. 

This stinks. I know it does - and that will it go away. Please believe it that it will.

16 hours ago, Markolo1980 said:

I had practically zero symptoms, I all ready thought I was over but today it hit me with anxiety and nervousness

Markolo expresses this well. Sorry @Markolo1980

Hugs to you all,

Giulietta 💓

p.s. @Rhiannon I'm sorry that you have added work / stress at work and I hope they get needed staff soon. ;)

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Guilietta said:

After a day or two of feeling almost ourselves - we may feel we are going to get better steadily. But then we slide back until we move forward again - and then have longer windows - even if longer by a little bit. I remember this feeling of having two or three nice days - and then thought I was OK! Only to have the ugly days come back - and then they went way and the good days come back.  ☀️

What is hard now is I don't have good days : Today is my 20 day in this wave.

Everybody tell me that a window Will come, so I try To hang To this idea.

I have wobbles inside this wave, and sometimes I manage To accept my situation. Today is hard : I cry a lot, I tried to get outside but I cried too much in the street, I went back to my flat.

I don't remember what "feeling normal " means.

I'm sometimes frightened by the idea of not Being strong enough  : I read people who stays in a wave several months,without a window. Thinking about living next months in this wave without seeing a window make me loose my strenght.

I know that living in the now is important, but Today the now is wet with tears. I try To not Feel too Guilty about not Being able To meditate Today. 

I can't stop crying Today, no control on my tears. I Feel so misérable.

I know that everybody tell me I made progress. And I think it is true. 

And in the mean time I spend my days trying To wait for the next hour, the next day. Surviving but not living.

I hope everybody here Will heal ❤

Current medication :

Salut Erell,

Tu as raison, une des bases de la méditation, c'est de ne pas culpabiliser de ne pas y arriver vraiment voire pas du tout. Facile à dire.

Quand j'y arrive pas je fais quand même un peu de cohérence cardiaque.

Je t'embrasse bien fort et te renouvelle mon soutien inconditionnel. ❤️

Vega

(Hi Erell, You're right, one of the basics of meditation is not to feel guilty about not getting there really or not at all. Easy to say. When I can not do it I still do a little bit of cardiac coherence. I kiss you very hard and renew my unconditional support. Vega)

2018 : 29 July xanax 0,125x 2 12 Aug 0,25 x 2  28 Aug clotiazépam 5x2 4 Oct Prazepam : 5-5-7,5 to 3,5-3,5-6,5 25 oct 10x3 21 nov 9,5 x3/ Now Taper 2% / 21days = 19 may 2019 7,32x3/ Now 5%/8 days =10 july 5,145 x3 /Now 2% / 21 days = 27 sept 4,75x3/ Now 1%/21 days = nov 4,70 x3 dec 4,65x3 jan 2020 4,60x3 feb 4,50x3 march 4,45x3 april 4,385x3 may 4,32x3 

2018 : 29 Aug Venlafaxine 75mg XR 19 sept 37,5mg 4 oct 75mg18 oct bridge sertraline 1 nov Sertraline 50mg slow taper until mi April 2019= 25mg

15 July Escitalopram 5mg 20 Ju 4mg 22 Ju 3,25mg 23 ju 2,5mg  25 ju 2,25mg 8 Aug 2 mg 16 Aug 1,75mg 20 Aug 1,50mg 12 sept 1,25mg 24 sept 1,38mg 28 sept 1,50mg 8 Jan 1, 60mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Vega ❤

Current medication :

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Erell

Sorry I have not been about much.

3 hours ago, Erell said:

And in the mean time I spend my days trying To wait for the next hour, the next day. Surviving but not living.

This is how we all feel at various times and then things improve so we forget.

3 hours ago, Erell said:

For the moment you can only feel W/D normal which is ok.

There was a point when you wanted to cry but couldn't, it has changed.

It will change for the better again and you will become the chatty, delightful young lady many on here see you as.

You sleep well so your brain is getting plenty of opportunity to repair.

Everything is in place for recovery but it only happens when it is ready.

Sleep well.

Sass

• Moderator Emeritus

Don't be sorry dear @Sassenach, you help so much people here ! 

I'm really glad To know you're feeling well ! ❤

Hope I Will soon be able To be a " chatty and delighful " person. 

I Feel bad To only report bad feelings and tears,  I would like To laugh with All of you !

Time for bedtime routine for me,

Take care 🤗

Current medication :

Coucou Erell,

1 hour ago, Erell said:

I Feel bad To only report bad feelings and tears,  I

This is not allowed ;) Here is the place where you can always talk about bad feelings and tears - even if you think it is all the time. We all miss the happy Erell - and know she is there under the sadness - which will pass. 

5 hours ago, Erell said:

I know that living in the now is important, but Today the now is wet with tears.

If it helps you to envision a future  where you are happier than the present - or maybe envision yourself now in a place that is happy to you (maybe where you had a nice holiday?) - maybe that will help you to feel better now.

5 hours ago, Erell said:

1 hour ago, Sassenach said:

You sleep well so your brain is getting plenty of opportunity to repair.

Everything is in place for recovery but it only happens when it is ready.

Sleeping well is so important for your brain as Sass said. You are fortunate in that you do. This is a big positive for you. :)

Sorry you had a bad day again. Hugs and sleep tight,

Giulietta 💓

7 hours ago, Erell said:

What is hard now is I don't have good days : Today is my 20 day in this wave.

Everybody tell me that a window Will come, so I try To hang To this idea.

I have wobbles inside this wave, and sometimes I manage To accept my situation. Today is hard : I cry a lot, I tried to get outside but I cried too much in the street, I went back to my flat.

I'm sometimes frightened by the idea of not Being strong enough  : I read people who stays in a wave several months,without a window. Thinking about living next months in this wave without seeing a window make me loose my strenght.

I know that living in the now is important, but Today the now is wet with tears. I try To not Feel too Guilty about not Being able To meditate Today. 

I can't stop crying Today, no control on my tears. I Feel so misérable.

I hope everybody here Will heal ❤

Erell, I was about to cry while reading your post, not because I feel sorry to you but you really have improvements made you explain your situation emotionally very good. You are better erell, this is very clear♥️, I find all my supporting words very little against your great and attractive feelings so I have to stop right now♥️.

Big hugs beautiful erell.

• Moderator Emeritus

@mustafa and @Guilietta : thank you for your kind  supportive  words  ❤

Diary Wednesday 6 Novembre/ day 43 on 10mg Paroxetine.

7am woke up anxious 

7.30am 10mg Paroxetine + 1 fish oil capsule

8.30am: anxiéty: 5 / restlessness : 5 / despair: 5

10am anxiéty: 6 / restlessness: 6/ despair: 6

Suicidal thoughts/ disconnected/ hopeless / frightened. Cry.  Take a shower To change the Channel and help calm down. 

It Will be the same all day, and with internal tremors. 

2pm tried To go To the seaside,  cried a lot, went back home.

3.30pm : went back To my bed. 

8.30pm anxiéty: 5 / restlessness: 6 / despair: 6.

9.30pm anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 5.

Lights off at 10pm. Fall asleep around 11pm. Woke up this morning at 6am, with low anxiety but strong  gut pain : I was so happy, thought I was in a Window!! I went To my kitchen and felt suddenly very weak, like if I was going To faint. I eat a banana, and went back To my bed with legs up on the wall. Internal tremors, clenching teeths.

After about half an hour,  the feeling that I was going To faint went away, and my classic morning anxiéty came. 

--》 Yesterday I stayed mostly in my bed, crying. It was a really rough day.

I know i'm too obsessed by the idea of a Window, I need one so much To keep believing that life worth it. This 3 weeks wave really make me loose my strenght and my hope. 😓

Current medication :

Hello Erell, sorry yesterday was rough. I know it must feel like you've been holding forever. Unfortunately it's still relatively early days in terms of stabilizing. My goodness, don't we wish that things would work more quickly....I know I wish that. I spent most of yesterday feeling really stressed.

Really hoping that today might be feeling a bit better for you.

Sending hugs, dear one ❤️

• Moderator Emeritus

Today is hard too :

- my mum is at the hospital with her mum : my grandmother is dying. And i'm not able To go out of my flat To drive one hour To support my mother.

- I have an important friend who had a car accident and is in a bad state in the hospital and I can't go see him. 

Can't stop crying. This is so hard. I can't forgive myself.

Current medication :

1 minute ago, Erell said:

Today is hard too :

- my mum is at the hospital with her mum : my grandmother is dying. And i'm not able To go out of my flat To drive one hour To support my mother.

- I have an important friend who had a car accident and is in a bad state in the hospital and I can't go see him. 

Can't stop crying. This is so hard. I can't forgive myself.

Dear Erell, I am so sorry to read about these things.

I do understand.

My brother went into hospital with a stroke in mid August, just when I was at my worst, and they also discovered he had a brain tumour. I was only able to visit him once, never since. I felt terrible.....and it ended up being my 80 year old parents who visited him most.

But the thing is, we too are 'injured', at the moment, albeit temporarily. 

You can support your mama with a phone call, and your friend with sending a card. I know it's not how you feel you WANT to support, but it is still support.

❤️