Erell

Erell: struggling with paroxetine

Sassenach

Hi Erell.

1 hour ago, Erell said:

1 step forward, 1 stepback.

Definitely wrong, three steps forward, two steps back  more accurate.

1 hour ago, Erell said:

But how To keep strong until then ? 

You are already being strong, only you cannot see it as ever.😎

1 hour ago, Erell said:

There are a lot of tips,  I practice them, but I don't Feel like they are helping.

They are helping.

It is only a couple of days since I checked in but I can see an improvement in your posts even if it is not reflected in your scores.

Very well done with the doctor.

A saying in UK " If you cannot beat them, join them " ie play them at their own game.

How is your writing coming along?

You will become sociable again, DP/DR will disappear and it may take you a couple of days to notice, we notice them arrive immediately but not when they depart.

Sass

Erell

Oh Sass!

I Feel like a complaining child! Today symptoms were at 6 all day and I've been fighting all day long To not listen To despair. Restlessness was hard, feeling the need To escape from my body and my head.

I'm not writing since Saturday, because of restlessness and anxiety I don't manage To focus. I found 2 puzzles, I Will try them To see if it helps To distract. 

I'm being as strong as I can, but as weeks pass I Feel like I loose my strenght. I have no choice but To keep going, so I tell myself stories.

At least you don't seem To think that I should worry about the fact that I don't come back To my 5 baseline but more To a 6 one, that is helping, thank you.

Hope you had a good weekend ❤

Sassenach
17 minutes ago, Erell said:

To my 5 baseline but more To a 6 one, that is helping, thank you.

Not worried because I know you will get there, so chin up.

• Like 1

Vegalia

Erell,

Je ne peux savoir ce que tu traverses car, nous n'avons pas nécessairement les mêmes symptômes et quand bien même, chacun vit les choses différemment.

Quand je te lis cependant, beaucoup de tes peurs ressemblent aux miennes. 

Moi aussi je me sens comme une enfant qui se plaint... à bientôt 42 ans ! :blush:

Moi qui jamais ne me plaignais : c'est ce que mes proches, ma famille me disent : quand j'ai des soucis rien ne se voit, je n'en parle pas et je souris même. Là j'ai l'impression de me plaindre pour toute ma vie quand je l'ai pas fait en traversant les épreuves... 

Et bien ma fois c'est comme ça, un jour nous seront plus sages car mieux : beaucoup de bienveillance  et d'empathie ici ça aide.

Jamais un reproche du personnel de trop écrire alors qu'ils pourraient avec tout le temps qu'ils passent pour nous. C'est admirable et pas le cas partout.

On garde espoir. :)

Bisous.

(Erell,   I can not know what you are going through because we do not necessarily have the same symptoms and even though everyone lives things differently. When I read you, however, many of your fears are similar to mine.   Me too I feel like a child who complains ... soon 42 years! I who never complained: this is what my family, my family tell me: when I have trouble nothing is visible, I do not speak and I even smile. There I have the feeling to complain for all my life when I did not do it through the tests ...   Well my time is like that, one day we will be wiser because better: a lot of kindness and empathy here it helps. Never reproach the staff for writing too much so that they could with all the time they spend for us. It is admirable and not the case everywhere.   We keep hope. :) )

Erell

Merci Vega  ❤

Yes we are Lucky To have SA and such kind mods!

I'm going To bed To hide under my blanket : just told To work that I wont come To work before 30 November, and that I may not be able To come in December...Well they seem To start getting impatient and annoyed...Oh how strongly I would love To be able To go To work ! I pray for a 4 baseline soon To get  back there And not be fired.

Well, let's hope for better days !

Good night 😚

Vegalia

Good night Erell :)

🌛

Erell

Good morning. 

Diary Monday 18 Novembre/ day 55 on 10mg Paroxetine 

5.30am: woke up anxious. Strong gut pain. 

7.30am: 10mg Paroxetine + 1 fish oil capsule. 

9am : anxiety: 6 / restlessness: 6 / despair: 6.

It Will be the same all day. Cry Spells. 

Took 2 walks in the neighborhood.

7.30pm : bedtime. 

Slight headache on evening.

I think I managed To fall asleep around midnight. Slight sleep : woke up several times during the night.

Woke up anxious this morning at 7am, with strong restlessness in arms and legs.

Sadness this morning, tired of this everyday struggle, suicidal thoughts.

Guilietta

Hello Erell,

How did the puzzle go? Did yo work on it at all?

Maybe you can take a nap today?

4 hours ago, Erell said:

strong restlessness in arms and legs.

This is really unpleasnt - I forget if I asked you if any exercises relieve this?

4 hours ago, Erell said:

Sadness this morning, tired of this everyday struggle, suicidal thoughts.

This is an everyday tiring part of life - but it is temporary. Please remind yourself that it is temporary. All of us on this site went through it - and many currently are.   I don't now if it would make sense to talk with anyone in acute phase? @Sassenach what do you think? I have no idea and want to see Erell 'cope' a bit better with her acute symptoms.

Sometimes it helps to 'worry' about someone else?

4 hours ago, Erell said:

suicidal thoughts

Please chase these away .... 😕

Hugs, 🤗

Your friend,

Giuilieta

Erell

@Guilietta,

You are such a lovely friend ❤

But as Sass already told, the only key is patience and acceptance. 

I already keep my dose steady, try To distract as much as I can, take magnésium and fish oil, force myself To take walk, and practice mindfullness. 

So I don't think there is much more that can be done.

As Rhiannon said, i'm still in early days of this process of stabilisation, and I have To wait.

Its just that, as you unfortunately already know, this is the hardest and most brutal thing I've ever had To do in my life.

I know I don't wanna die, I know I wanna see better days.

Its just that sometimes feelings are so strong and hard To bear, and then I wonder how the others do To make sure they Will stay safe until next day. 

I don't wanna live in others place, presence of others stresses me too much and I Feel like it increases my restlessness. And I don't wanna be hospitalised as doctors would probably add drugs.

So I have To stay in my flat and make sure I stay safe : thats what i'm doing the best I can. 🤗

Sometimes its hard as all my life turns around WD for now (constant hard feelings) but I try To stay strong To be able one day To visit my parents.

I don't take Nap : naps are 'toxic' as they increase my anxiety level. And everytime I Feel like my anxiety allow me To, I try To not spend time in my bed.

I didn't start the puzzle for now, Will let you know if its a good distraction  ;)

I haven't found exercices that help me with restlessness  : when it is too hard I walk or I cry,  it helps a bit.

It is temporary: I repeat this To myself all day 😉 

I have a strange symptom, related To restlessness : it is a urge To not see tomorrow, a urge To escape from my skin and my head, a urge To escape but I don't know where...very hard To describe. This symptom often make me forget that WD is temporary ad it urges me To end things now , so I have To fight To remind this. 

You're an angel Guilietta, as are all those who support me here ❤

I love visualising myself feeling better and strong enough To spend time here To support and give comfort To others on SA, hope i'll be able soon.

Vegalia

Hi,

You are a lesson of courage Erell.

I understand sometimes it is better to be alone.

Id'like to sometimes...for the same reason of you.

I know in 2 hours I have to force me to be "normal", make conversation, to Cook dîner... : I don't want today. Some days  it is good but other days it is too hard and makes anxiety and you have to push yourself to much. But...I dont want to go in hospital, So...

" A double tranchant" comme on dit.

All my support. ❤️

Vega.

sunnysideup69

Hi Erell, been catching up on your thread today.

Ugh, sorry you're going through a tough wave. It's all so up and down and that makes it really exhausting.But keep on hanging in there, you are doing so well, even if you can't see it.Sounds like you handled the turd-doc extremely well, so well done.

Is it freezing cold where you are? I'm snuggled up under a blanket today. Had four days off, gonna be back to work for three days tomorrow. 

This is about my 8th day of feeling WD normal ie okay, with some slight wobbles and some actually happy spells. I think stabilisation is happening, I'm hopeful. I've had a year and a half of being all over the place and so it would be very welcome. I'm not telling you this to crow about me me me, but hopefully to show you that, however long you wobble, stabilisation will happen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it will take you this long...it will happen eventually. It's ineviatble. I know it's hard to hang onto that, but it's the truth.

It's awful when you have suicidal thoughts, really scary, I know. Just try to remember that's NOT YOU. It's your wobbling brain/ nervous system, it's like a programme on a computer malfunctioning. Do you ever call 'help lines?' EG here in the UK we have The Samaritans, a free phone line you can talk to when feeling anxious/depressed/suicidal. It can really help to talk it through with a voice on the other end of a line.

Sending you lots of love and a big hug xxx

Guilietta

Hi sweetie,

One day you will be a moderator! You ar elearning so much from Sass and Rhi - they are awesome. And I also benefit from their wisdom since I check your threads (or much of them!) daily if I  can.

I try not to nap, too. I don't want it to interrupt my sleep cycle and am usually a bit wound up. :rolleyes: do you remember 'tops' we'd wind them up and let them spin and watch them stop. ;) They eventually stopped spinning. Sometimes I feel likek that. 😂

Distraction, acceptance that this this is temporary and early days. I hope you have fun with the puzzle. I hope it is not too cmplicated - not too many pieces. I  tend to like to the ones that re recommend from ages 4 - 12. Then I can work up. :rolleyes:

Right you are about staying out of the hospital. I avoid them (and MDs) for sure after this ordeal. It is tiring.

If it is any consolation -  yesterdayafternoon I had a nice window - and this morning a wave starting at 10. Trouble to think straight, recall words, some dizziness, etc. So I'm bound to a chair.  Grrr...

I really likek coloring as a distraction. I didn't think it I would but someone got me an adult coloring book and pencils. . Even ifyou get a coloring book at waht we call a 'drug store ' here - they are very very basic - you canmake them more interesting by shading colors, etc.  There are adult coloring books which are fun and take much longer. I can send you a link if yo uwant to buy anything online. OH, you can pprint pages for free! I think on amazon.com you can buy somepencils fairly inexpensively. And knitting. I learned to knit watching youtube videos

One more thougt - my memory also doesn't work so great a lot of the time so I may repeat myself. Hope you can look past that. This is why Rhi's and Sass's comments are so helpful to me too!

Well sweetie,

That's all for now.

Hugs,

giuilietta

have fun with the puzzle

Sassenach

Hi Erell

Yesterday  must be the shortest diary yet.

Anxiety seems to be the overriding and constantly the highest scoring symptom.

Is that what you feel?

Was anxiety less when you were on Benzo's?

Si is just that, it cannot hurt you, unwelcome party guest, ignore it.

Sass

Rhiannon

Hello sweetheart, I don't have so much time for the forum now so my visits are less frequent, but I wanted to just stop by and remind you that you are going to come through this and be okay.

When I was in those early stages of withdrawal I found slow gentle walks in nature in a quiet place were helpful. I would have to walk very slowly sometimes so that the exercise would not cause my cortisol to increase. I also got a stationary bicycle to use (also very slowly) when I could not get outside. I have read that there is something beneficial to the CNS in doing alternating movements, left/right left/right. I would encourage you to find some kind of gentle exercise that uses a pattern like this, even if it is just sitting on the floor and lifting your arms and legs, or something like that.

This is a difficult time in recovery because we have symptoms even if we are doing all the right things. But keep going, you will come through this time and you will get your life back. It just takes some time.

Erell

@Sassenach 

Oups I don't understand, are you telling me To take a benzo? I must have misunderstood...

Well Anxiety has always been a struggle for me, that's how I ended up on meds as a teenager. 

While I was under benzo,  I didn't have a dose prescribed, doctors told me To take one everytime I felt I needed it (now I know it was a worse advice they could have given ;) ).I still had anxiety, now I know that it may have been interdose WD. 

Anyway, during my benzo WD symptoms were less severe : panic attacks that I learned To manage, nothing constant. 

And never this intensity I discovered these past months ! This anxiety / terror is new. Hard To ignore as it keep me in my flat afraid of everything. 

After my benzo WD, I never felt so peaceful in my life ! 😍 

And during my AD tappering in 2018-2019 I felt like I was discovering myself Again, happier than ever 😍 until last August ;)

And now, yes as you said anxiety seems To often be my main symptom.

Big hugs dear Sass ❤

(Did you expérience anxiety during your WD ? You seem To find weird my level of anxiety ?)

Sassenach
29 minutes ago, Erell said:

Oups I don't understand, are you telling me To take a benzo?

I am definitely not telling you to take a Benzo, just trying to understand your anxiety levels.

32 minutes ago, Erell said:

After my benzo WD, I never felt so peaceful in my life ! 😍 

And during my AD tappering in 2018-2019 I felt like I was discovering myself Again, happier than ever 😍 until last August

You should keep this in mind, you will find your way back there.

34 minutes ago, Erell said:

Did you expérience anxiety during your WD ? You seem To find weird my level of anxiety ?)

Don't find it weird.

Yes and occasionally I feel it still.

I experienced SI yesterday, turned my back on it and got on with the job I was doing.

None of this bothers me anymore, it is in the background when it occasionally arrives, which is not very often nowadays.

It is going to be the same for you.

Sass

Erell

@sunnysideup69 : yes it really seems like you are stabilising very Well 🤗 

It is cold here but not so much : in Brittany temperatures often stay relatively sweet, we almost never have Snow. ;)

big hugs !

@Guilietta : I really have To try coloring ! 😙

@Rhiannon : everytime that someone say he spends less time here I find it very positive : it means that they don't Feel the need and Feel relatively better or Well 🤗

Thank you for taking the time To write here 😙

Thank you for the advice on left/right mouvements, I Will follow it !

Yes it really is a difficult time in recovery, a big challenge for patience! I hang on.

Big hugs dear Rhiannon ❤

@Sassenach : 😥 (for the benzo 😉)

so glad To read that anxiety or SI are now are in the background : you don't talk much about your symptoms (which I respect, and even admire!) but I'm sure it has been a rollercoaster for you too,  and you deserve To Feel better ❤

Today my anxiety was mostly at 5 ,and I have done better in trying To ignore it.

I struggle hard when I expérience 6 levels in every symptoms and don't manage To ignore them. 

Must be cold in Scotland now! 

Wish you a delightful evening 😙

Guilietta
2 hours ago, Erell said:

Today my anxiety was mostly at 5 ,and I have done better in trying To ignore it.

Good job! And as @Sassenach says - soon thee will be a time when it is in the background and easy to ignore.

Erell

Good morning.

Diary Tuesday 19 Novembre/ day 56 on 10mg Paroxetine 

7am: woke up anxious, hard restlessness in arms and legs. 

7.30am: 10mg Paroxetine + 1 fish oil capsule. 

8am anxiety: 6 / restlessness: 6 / despair: 5.

10am : suicidal thoughts, strong depressed feelings.  DR (my life doesnt seem To be mine). 

Anxiéty: 6 / restlessness: 6 

Cleaning my flat To change the Channel.

1pm : anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 6. DR. Internal tremors. Cleaning still.

From 4pm To 5.30pm thanks To anxiety at 5, I went outside and just walked in my town.  It helped with the restlessness/urge.

7pm : anxiety: 4 ( 😍) / restlessness: 5 / despair: 4 ( 😍).

8pm : bedtime. 

9.30pm: anxiety: 4 / restlessness: 4 / despair: 4.  😍

Fall asleep around 11pm, woke up anxious (5 😍) this morning at 6am. 

I Feel so grateful for these sweet nights ! 😍

--》 DR all day Yesterday. But, it seems that it allowed me To Feel a bit less anxiety, so I'll take it ;)

---》 Yesterday most difficult symptom : mental restlessness , the urge To end this situation and To escape from my brain and skin. It is a very weird feeling.

Well dear survivors, maybe i'm gradually coming back To my baseline, and I Feel very glad about it ! Fingers crossed! 

Big hugs 😙

Guilietta

Coucou Erell,

Yes! We are survivors on this luxury cruises on rivers around the world. Maybe you are near the Seine? ;)

It sounds like you did a very good job distracting yourself with cleaning your flat yesterday and glad the walk around town helped. It is a good sign to be able to leave your flat - remember when you couldn't do that at all?

Hugs,

Giuilietta

mustafa
7 hours ago, Guilietta said:

remember when you couldn't do that at all?

I liked that sentence from you alot, I remember my self at the beginning in a very bad case, somethings I do now that I couldn't at all do before.

Many thanks to you and @Erell for supporting me on my thread, it is very helpful to see that you aren't alone and your sensations were the same for some people and went away, this is very supporting and I think I need to read success stories to give me support as well.

Iam very happy erell you are able to go outside and for walks, you will feel improvements until you are fully controlling yourself and then, anxiety disappears to no back again♥️.

Hugs to all of you.

Guilietta
49 minutes ago, mustafa said:

until you are fully controlling yourself and then, anxiety disappears to no back again

We remember how far we have come since our journey began and know that eventually the WD symptoms will become a thing of the past and we won't even remember them. ;)

Cocopuffz17
1 hour ago, Guilietta said:

We remember how far we have come since our journey began and know that eventually the WD symptoms will become a thing of the past and we won't even remember them. ;)

Great words! Made me smile! Comparing the beginning to where I am at now I cannot believe the improvements! 

Erell

@mustafa : thank you for your kind supportive words ❤

@Guilietta : I don't live near the Seine. But near beautiful sea  ;)

Diary Wednesday 20 Novembre/ day 57 on 10mg Paroxetine. 

6am woke up anxious, but cortisol Spike seems lower. Strong gut pain. 

7.30am: 10mg Paroxetine + 1 fish oil capsule 

8.30am: anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 4 / despair: 4. 😍

It Will be the same all day. 

11am : went To work To see my boss and discuss. It went Well. Then pushed myself To do some food shopping in a store.

3pm went to drive and walk in my town. Really hard because of anxiéty, but tried To push myself. 

8.30pm : bedtime.  Anxiety: 4 (😍) / despair: 3 / restlessness: 4.

I  fall asleep around 11.30pm,  woke up anxious this morning at 7am. Thanks To less anxiety, i've been able To wear earplugs Again (which is a great helper when the garbage trucks work at 6am ;) )

This morning Feels a bit more difficult because of anxiéty.

--》 Yesterday was a very décent day. I still struggle To spend time outside because of anxiety, but I force myself as much as I can.

Maybe, as Rhiannon said, I'm not much in a waves and Windows pattern as I don't really have Windows anymore but waves in a wave, but more in a baseline that very slowly and gradually improve. We'll see what Will the future be !

--》 I found new audio guided méditation videos that helps me better practicing. I really encourage everybody To try To practice mindfullness: it is not easy, and sometimes impossible with anxiety. But I believe it really can help with "the fear of the fear ".

Wish you all a Nice day ❤

Guilietta

Hello Erell,

I'm glad you got outside yesterday! We have to push ourselves sometimes. I will write more later about what helps/has helped me. Now I have to finish some work for CBT meeting - and I am haven done all the homework as I should have. I have to try and take one event and identify the emotions (which are in my case negative, the automatic thoughts (also generally negative), the cognitive distortions, then how to adapt to positive emotions, and finally generate positive thoughts - which are what I focus on and practice.  We are supposedf to do this with every event that causes us negative emotions and physical signs. I think sometimes we have physical signs we can't explain (like our crazy chemicals), which I am learning, - but I tell myself that these are different.

Would you pls send me the meditation links you found? I sent you one I found in a PM (Eckart Tolle).

Hugs,

Guilietta

p.s. if I forgfet to send you what I have said I would would you please let me know? Today and tomorrow are busy so I won't be on much. ;) But will be thinking of you. You have improved so much. I'm not just saying that to be nice. ;)  xxx ooo (that means kisses and hugs)

Sassenach

Hi Erell

How are you feeling now?

Sass

Erell

Hi Sass !

Today was a bit more difficult than Yesterday: strong depressed feelings and melancholia, some suicidal thoughts. 

But no extreme, and i'm always grateful for that!!! 😍 And even more grateful for my sweet nights !

I'm in a 'mild-something ' : don't know if my brain is moving toward a wave, moving toward a Window, or just stagnating. But that's when I'm overanalysing  😉😄

When i'm not overanalysing, I just Feel grateful for this mild state, and also annoyed because i'm very frustrated with my limitations (agoraphobia, not feeling able To make more than 10km To go To see family or friends, feeling disconnected from others).

So I practice mindfullness and try To distract as much as possible To not let sad feelings lead me To despair  ;)

Big hugs dear Sass!

sunnysideup69

Waving at ya, @Erell, wow, yesterday seems like it was good!!

Sassenach
10 minutes ago, Erell said:

i'm very frustrated with my limitations

I am glad to see this👿

7 hours ago, Erell said:

went To work To see my boss and discuss. It went Well

You are regaining ambition and a need to be proactive.

7 hours ago, Erell said:

despair: 3

Have you had a 3 before?

Sass

Erell

@Sassenach :

i'm kind of glad To be frustrated too because it means life and desire is circulating Again in my veins ;)

Oh yes, I really need To be proactive !!!! But I have To accept that I can't do all I want for now...still this complicated relationship with acceptance ;)

I already had a 3 : when I had my first Window in October.  But, I don't know if my numbers in early Octobers are still appropriate: this Window happened just after terrible days of horror and terror, so when terror first disappear, everything seemed almost wonderful  😉

Maybe this is a good news too : my level of demand as increased, and more important : my baseline (if it is my new baseline) slowly gets closer To what was as Window in early days.

oups, is this clear ? I Feel like my english is a bit convoluted ! 😄

How are you doing? Don't Feel the need To answer, i'm just hoping you still Feel Well! 😙

Sassenach
7 minutes ago, Erell said:

oups, is this clear ? I Feel like my english is a bit convoluted ! 😄

Wish I could convolute my french as well:rolleyes:

Erell
19 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Wish I could convolute my french as well:rolleyes:

Alors il va falloir qu'on échange en Français  ! 😙

Sassenach

Smart ass🤣

• Like 1

Erell

Good morning. 

Diary Thursday 21 November/ day 58 on 10mg Paroxetine 

7am woke up anxious. Strong gut pain. 

7.30am: 10mg Paroxetine  + 1 fish oil capsule 

8.30am: anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 5. Tinnitus.

9.40am : a bit more anxiety (6)

11am : anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 4 / despair: 5. Strong depressed feelings. 

From 1.30pm To 3.30pm : short walk on seaside, then driving without goal.

5.30pm : anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 4 / despair: 6. Depressed feelings, melancholia.

6.30pm: anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 4 / despair: 4.

8.30pm: bedtime. 

Lights off at 11pm, fall asleep around 11.30pm. 

Woke up anxious this morning at 7am. 

--》 Current difficult symptoms are: depressed feelings and agoraphobia/anxiety.

Getting tired of being mostly housebounded and just waiting for the days To end.

In general, I can't say things are bad as I don't suffer from extreme symptoms these days, but I Feel a strong need To get back To life, but don't manage To.

Erell

Good morning.

Diary Friday 22 Novembre/ day 59 on 10mg Paroxetine 

7am : woke up anxious 

7.30am: 10mg Paroxetine  + 1 fish oil capsule 

8.30am: anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 5. Feeling depressed and sad. 

12.30 : anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 6. Cry. 

2.30pm: anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 5.

3pm : went To walk, then To the bookshop.

6pm : anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 5.

7pm : anxiety a bit higher (6) for one hour. 

8.30pm bedtime. Back and legs pain.

9.30pm: anxiety: 5 / restlessness: 5 / despair: 4.

fall asleep around 11.30pm. Woke up with the alarm (😍) this morning at 7.30am. 

--》 Yesterday I felt disconnected and depressed. I think I could handle better if I had less anxiety and agoraphobia: it would allowed me To see people, go To see my family, To leave my town, go To work.

Being able of doing these things would help me with depressed feelings.

---》 I don't have much oscillations these days, symptoms stay constant. On one hand I'm relieved from the extreme, on the other hand I miss Windows. (last Window : 17th October).

Guilietta

Hi there!

How are you today? Thought I would see how you are feeling and the arts and crafts are moving along.  I wonder if you could have someone come over for a quick visit - 30 min ? What is reasonabl for you to manage? If you can't get out - maybe they cancome to you. Or a walk around the town together?

8 hours ago, Erell said:

I don't have much oscillations these days, symptoms stay constant. On one hand I'm relieved from the extreme

Oscillations can be tiring and confusing. You are up and you are down. You feel exhausted. You may have tremors. I wonder if some consistency during one day or one afternoon is better as well. It is good to look at positively, Erell. Good job, sweetie.

I hope your day in Brittany is going nicely.

Hugs,

Giuilietta