Erell

Erell: struggling with paroxetine

brassmonkey

I'm very pleased that the bridge is going so well for your Erell. I hope the last reduction goes smoothly.

Erell
Posted (edited)

Thank you dears ❤ Your support is much appreciate 💪

Today I'm exhaaaauusted : worked all morning in my garden, obviously too much !

It reminds me of a post I read once on SA, wonder if it was written by Chessiecat : don't overdo things while you're feeling better, your CNS still needs rest 😉

So true!

Lesson learned, going to bed now ! 😄

Take care ❤

Edited by Erell

Erell

Update on my Prozac Bridge journey

After a few days feeling relatively ok, I stopped taking my 0.5mg Paroxetine on Friday 22nd May.

Days before jumping : sweet nigths of sleep / low dizziness / low chemical anxiety / easily tired-exausted. Felt almost "normal".

After jumpin

Day 1 : same symptoms. Disturbed sleep (hot, sweaty, woke up a lot)

Day 2 : legs feel like wood / back very painfull / mild dizziness / mild anxiety / disturbed sleep

Day 3 : some dizziness and anxiety on morning / afternoon : feeling almost symptom free ! / evening : anxiety ramps up / very disturbed sleep

Day 4 legs feel like wood / strong dizziness / strong brain fog and spatial disorientation / weak, body feels heavy / mild anxiety / painfull body (mostly arms and legs)

Not so smooth this last reduction ;)

My 2 options now  :

- reinstate 0.1 mg Paroxetine 

- wait patiently for stabilisation on 6mg Fluoxetine

My plan is to wait and see how I feel in the next few days. 

@Altostrata : from the testimonies you might have seen : wich option sounds best?

I don't know if I have to force my CNS to et use to only functiun with Fluoxetine, or if it is best to support my CNS even if it means taking some Paroxetine.

(I'm sorry for asking, I don't find many testimonies ;) It seems that lot of people bridge relatively easily to Prozac )

Take care ❤️

Hanna72

Wow @Erell what a good job💪
I know how hard it is with stopping Paxil, but if I were you I would wait it out. My transition was also rocky, though I did not do it right like you are doing. But then again we are all different, but in my experience it took about 2 weeks, with my last dose of Paxil, and then it was like the Prozac kicked in. But the moderators known best, and what ever you decide, you have come along way, and should be so proud of yourself🙏
Hugs to you🥰

Usha

@Erill. Did you take paroxitine? So whole withdrawing it did you feel your subconscious mind is not sleeping while sleeping.I successfully left paroxitine 3 years ago and initially I was having exseesive dreaming but now I am feeling way better but still I feels my subconscious mind is always active.

Altostrata

Erell, has there been any change in symptom pattern over the 3 days you've been off paroxetine?

Erell
3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Erell, has there been any change in symptom pattern over the 3 days you've been off paroxetine?

Since have been off Paroxetine, symptoms that changed :

- sleep is very disturbed, woke up with anxiety spikes, sweaty. (Before jumping, I had sweet nights of sleep)

- strong body aches appears

- strong brain fog appears

- dizziness and anxiety increased

I'm having more symptoms, and intensity is higher since I have been off Paroxetine.

Altostrata
7 hours ago, Erell said:

- reinstate 0.1 mg Paroxetine 

This seems reasonable.

Erell

Thank you for your answer.

Need to remember there is no shame in reinstating Paroxetine ;)

Altostrata

Think of it as sneaking off.

Erell
50 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Think of it as sneaking off.

Love it ! Thank you ! ❤

sunnysideup69
21 hours ago, Erell said:

Thank you for your answer.

Need to remember there is no shame in reinstating Paroxetine ;)

None whatsoever! You're helping your body to get off, which is a very kind thing to do. I promise you, much better than crashing off and suffering from months of CT wobbles. Dropped in to give you hugs ❤️ 

Erell
1 hour ago, sunnysideup69 said:

None whatsoever! You're helping your body to get off, which is a very kind thing to do. I promise you, much better than crashing off and suffering from months of CT wobbles. Dropped in to give you hugs ❤️ 

Thank you for this kind hug ;)

Yes this bridge is not as simple and gentle as I hoped or read in other testimonies ;)

I'm struggling : with symptoms, and with thoughts.

While moving in an unknown territory, it is very easy to get trapped by Emotionnal Spiral, I observe it : while I was doing really good in acceptance and patience during last few months waiting for Paroxetine stabilisation, this difficult bridge brings back a lot of questions and intrusive thoughts

- is there a point where I should consider Prozac bridge isn't working, Then what is this point ?

- if the bridge doesn't work, what are my options ?

- my CNS doesn't seem to be able to quit Paroxetine, will there be a dose at which it will be easier ?

- does these difficulties mean I should Updose Fluoxetine ? 

- if this bridge is so difficult, is it because I have done something wrong, or because it won't work?

For people doing a bridge with antoher SSRI, there is a balance to find between

- listen to your body to determine what you have to do to help your CNS

- try to not identify to the intrusive thoughts saying it's not working and urging you to do something

Not so easy ;)

Main thing is to stay confident in the healing process, and remember the main goal : be drugfree one day ❤️

Take care ❤️

Cocopuffz17

Hey!! I just saw you are a mod! That is great to see! Great work! Hope you are doing well :) 

sunnysideup69
13 hours ago, Erell said:

Main thing is to stay confident in the healing process, and remember the main goal : be drugfree one day ❤️

I think this is key.

I recognise lots of those kinds of thoughts.

I suppose it also depends on what you mean by 'has the bridge worked?' E.g. If that means, are you symptom free and happy, then that could be too high an expectation. 

If that means, over time, do your symptoms become tolerable enough after the bridge/ stable enough that you can taper off? 

For what it's worth, I suspect the latter ;) 

I'm remembering I felt quite discouraged last year because both I and another member did a switch to a different antidepressant at another time. She took twelve weeks to settle and I wondered why it wasn't going as smoothly for me? 

Totally agree with you- try not to identify with the thoughts saying it isn't working. You've only just reintroduced the 0.1mg paroxetine again. It's 4 days, isn't it, before your brain starts to register? 

Sending you good wishes, you're SO gonna do this. Might take another incremental increase of the paroxetine, wait and see what other mods say....maybe it involves just giving things time to settle. ❤️ 

Hanna72
On 5/26/2020 at 6:15 PM, Erell said:

Yes this bridge is not as simple and gentle as I hoped or read in other testimonies ;)

I'm struggling : with symptoms, and with thoughts.

This poison we have been on is so powerful, and hard to get rid off. I do understand that you are doubting it all, since it is not as smooth as we would hope it should be. I truly hope the 0.1 mg Paxil has helped you.  Did it give you a little relief?

Look how far you have come, to me it is just amazing🤩

You’ve got this💪

Hugs to you🥰

mstimc
3 minutes ago, Hanna72 said:

Look how far you have come, to me it is just amazing

This is so important, Hanna!  A couple years ago, I had a triggering life event that sent me into an anxious spiral.  When I saw my therapist, he reminded me of how well I'd handled other stressful events before that.  His perspective really helped me work through my wave.

Erell
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

This poison we have been on is so powerful, and hard to get rid off. I do understand that you are doubting it all, since it is not as smooth as we would hope it should be. I truly hope the 0.1 mg Paxil has helped you.  Did it give you a little relief?

Look how far you have come, to me it is just amazing🤩

You’ve got this💪

Hugs to you🥰

Hello dear, 

Thank you all for your support 😉

Indeed, 0.1mg Paroxetine did help ❤

I know how powerfull drugs are, but still amazed : as soon as I took 0.1mg Paroxetine, my deep 8h sleep came back 🙄

Brain fog and body aches faded a lot.

Dizziness and chemical anxiety stayed : using my coping skills to accept agoraphobia and try to live with it.

@Altostrata : as I don't have many Paroxetine left (liquid form still out of stock in France) I'm trying to figure out what could be the best option for my CNS next weeks :

- hold 6mg Fluoxetine and drop Paroxetine every 2 weeks  : from 0.1mg to 0.05mg, then to 0.025...until I reach a very tiny amount.

or

- increase Fluoxetine in order to try to cover Paroxetine WD when I quit it.

(maybe an increase of 0.5mg or 1mg every 2weeks)

Curious of your input ;)

Let's see what tomorrow brings 😊

Take care ❤

Edited by Erell

Altostrata

I would keep diluting the paroxetine, taper it at the slowest possible rate.

Erell

Thank you for sharing.

Let's hope Fluoxetine will help to cover Paroxetine WD symptoms ;)

Have a nice day ❤

Vegalia

Courage Erell, 

You are an example for me. 

And so nice to help me with WD... I don't want to ask you too much. 

Hope, hope, hope. :)

Take care. 

Bisous. ❤️

L. 

Altostrata

@Erell, please don't worry -- you can make your own liquid with a paroxetine tablet and water.

Longroadhome

And it’s quite easy to do 

you can make a weeks supply in advance 

Hanna72

@Erell Wanted to drop by and see how you are doing. 
Hugs to you 🥰

sunnysideup69

Hey @Erell, sending hugs xxx

mustafa

Hello erell, 

Beside other friends, sending hugs and support for you ❤️.

Please take care .

Erell
Posted (edited)

Hello friends, 

How nice it is to read your kind words ! ❤️

I'm doing way better :

- reinstated 0.1mg Paroxetine 2 weeks ago, and after one week had moments while I felt almost symptomfree...! Can't tell how wonderful it was to realise that weird chemical anxiety had gone.

- I still have some chemical anxiety/dizziness, but very low, with some spikes. Actually, it feels like if Fluoxetine is progressively kicking in.

As Altostrata once said, Paroxetine really is a stubborn ! But, even if some symptoms are still there, I'm amazed by how "normal" I've felt some hours here and there. Healing is coming ;) 

However  I notice I currently get very easily trapped in Emotionnal Spirals so I'm limiting my presence here to focus on selfcare and mindfullness practice ;)

Drugged since I'm 14, I never really took the time to create 'my own baseline', so I'm focusing on trying to meet myself :)

Next weeks, I will tapper gradually my Paroxetine dose.

Thank you all for your sweet support !

Take care ❤️

Edited by Erell

mstimc

Great news, Erell!  I think we all need a break every now and then to regroup, unwind a bit and get some normalcy in our lives.

Vegalia

Hi Erell, 

So happy for you. :)

You know what is good for yourself. Even if it is always difficult, your improvement is a good sign. 

Merci pour ces nouvelles qui illuminent cette journée très pluvieuse ! J'etais un peu inquiéte. 

Continue à prendre soin de toi. C'est le plus important. 

Bisous ❤️

Longroadhome
6 hours ago, Erell said:

Hello friends, 

How nice it is to read your kind words ! ❤️

I'm doing way better :

- reinstated 0.1mg Paroxetine 2 weeks ago, and after one week had moments while I felt almost symptomfree...! Can't tell how wonderful it was to realise that weird chemical anxiety had gone.

- I still have some chemical anxiety/dizziness, but very low, with some spikes. Actually, it feels like if Fluoxetine is progressively kicking in.

As Altostrata once said, Paroxetine really is a stubborn ! But, even if some symptoms are still there, I'm amazed by how "normal" I've felt some hours here and there. Healing is coming ;) 

However  I notice I currently get very easily trapped in Emotionnal Spirals so I'm limiting my presence here to focus on selfcare and mindfullness practice ;)

Drugged since I'm 14, I never really took the time to create 'my own baseline', so I'm focusing on trying to meet myself :)

Next weeks, I will tapper gradually my Paroxetine dose.

Thank you all for your sweet support !

Take care ❤️

That’s great to hear Erell 

take care you will get there 

LRH

sunnysideup69

Great news @Erell. Great idea to spend some time away xxx

Hanna72

Hey Erell, reading your last post, put a big smile on my face😃 So happy for you🙏

Altostrata

Thanks for the good news, Erell.

Erell
Posted (edited)

Hello dears !

Just read something Chessiecat wrote somewhere

"Compare how you are feeling now to how you felt at your worst.  Don't compare with how you were at your best or how you want to feel."

And this sentence hit me : comparing my current self with how I was at my best, or how I want to feel, is exactly how I've fallen into Emotionnal Spirals last weeks.

So, thank you Chessiecat for this very timely wisdom ;)

Learning, slowly, but surely ;)

Comparing to how I want to feel is depressing : I've dropped Paroxetine and symptoms came back to my face this week, feeling exhausted, sick, electrical, dizzy, anxious, sad, lonely, homebound ...

BUT

Comparing to how I've felt last autumn : I'm feeling wayyy better ! The intensity I went through months ago was insane, while currently symptoms stay mild ❤️

Just wanted to share what I've called the "Chessietip" ! 🤩

Take care ❤️

Edited by Erell

mstimc
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Erell said:

Hello dears !

Just read something Chessiecat wrote somewhere

"Compare how you are feeling now to how you felt at your worst.  Don't compare with how you were at your best or how you want to feel."

And this sentence hit me : comparing my current self with how I was at my best, or how I want to feel, is exactly how I've fallen into Emotionnal Spirals last weeks.

So, thank you Chessiecat for this very timely wisdom ;)

Learning, slowly, but surely ;)

Comparing to how I want to feel is depressing : I've dropped Paroxetine and symptoms came back to my face this week, feeling exhausted, sick, electrical, dizzy, anxious, sad, lonely, homegbound ...

BUT

Comparing to how I've felt last autumn : I'm feeling wayyy better ! The intensity I went through months ago was insane, while currently symptoms stay mild ❤️

Just wanted to share what I've called the "Chessietip" ! 🤩

Take care ❤️

Great perspective, Erell!  Sometimes when we falter a bit, we forget just how far we've come.

Edited by mstimc

brassmonkey

Erell-- you should repost that in "the best of SA" thread. It is an excellent statement and needs to be spread around.