Arthur: looking for insight

Arthur

So let me get into this..always had anxiety and depression my whole life.. I spent year sick to my stomach then started to get though it.. the 2013 hit.. a dentist ruined my life.. I ended up with nerve damage in my face.. trigeminal neuropathy.. is was put on lexipro 10 mgs.. and trileptal and anticonvulsant.things started to settle down and I had a pretty happy 4 yrs.. i started smoking cannabis and the combo keep my pain down but at the time I didn’t know it.. i weaned off the trileptal cause it made me sick as hell and things were ok compared to the hell I went through for 2 yrs.. but I still suffered for anxiety but I just wasn’t in pain.. so..  fast forward 4 yrs.. I thought hey I just want to come off my antidepressant.. my dr at the time said.. your on a low dose.. just cut the pill in half for 3 days then stop.. I continued to smoke cannabis and got thru the brain zaps then started feeling good after about 2 months.. the I started getting pain on my left side and thought it was a tooth.. then the pain or maybe parasethsia exploded over the whole front on my face..had a root canal and that didn’t help. smoking pot started causing anxiety so my dr put me back on lexipro thinking that would help. And started gabapentine for nerve pain.. that helped for 7 months..then put me on Ativan because I wasn’t sleeping and I started smoking cannabis again.. so I thought the pain was caused by my root canals.. got those pulled.. slowly weaned off my lexipro but would be terrible parastesia across my face at night.. long story shorter . When I went off the cannabis and lexipro I would shake at night. I tapered myself to fast.. I have burning in my jaw and face and am having a hard time.. I’m on a low dose of trileptal 75 mg twice a day and it allows me to sleep a few hours.. I’m in a rough spot.. I have nerve damage in my face that is typically treated with antidepressant and anticonvulsants but I have done a great deal of investigation and these drugs are bad.. the research is there.. I think my brain has been harmed by them and by my poor decision making as well.. When I’m off the drugs I have my mind clear and I like that.. it hasn’t been clear for a long time.. I didn’t take my trileptal yesterday and I felt alive but had more pain.. could the emergence of my pain in my face be a result of the medication.. do I trust the people at Johns Hopkins.. I have much doubt and I fear for my life.. I have made too many mistakes on my own... insight would be very useful.. thank you.. in hindsight being as sensitive as I am I wish I had never touched a drug in my life and taken care of the mind god blessed me with.. I think I really screwed up.. I see a therapist mon..

Edited by ChessieCat
removed asterisks

Chronic cannabis use thru out..

2013 to 2016 lexipro 10mg .3 day taper.. sept 2016.january 2017 reinstated lexipro 10 to 20 mg..900 mg gabapentine.feb 2018 .5 ativan

taper 10 mg lexipro  March 2019 

o mg lexipro aug 2019.. quit cannabis horrible insomnia. trail 2 days of Amitriptyline 10 mg and 2 day Prozac 20 mg  trilpetal 50 mg x2 daily.. 11/16 cut 45 mg x2.. burning left side of face constant from nerve damage from teeth extraction or SSRI withdrawal??

december 3 2019. 5mg Amitriptyline January 3 current meds And supplements 

amitriptyline 7.5 mg trileptal 40mg 1.5 mg melatonin  400 mg magnesium remag liguid. Currently at 6.8 mg amitriptyline and 36 mg trileptal

• ChessieCat changed the title to Arthur: looking for insight
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthur

• Altostrata

• Shep

• Gridley

Top Posters In This Topic

Tapering help

guys I’ve been taking trilpetal for 8 days and I hate it.. I’m on the lowest dose.. should I taper or just stop.. I hate the way it makes me feel and and wondering if I should just stop or do a 10% a month titration.. my history  

lexipro 10 mg dec 2012 to 2016

dr recommended fast taper in 3 days nov 2016.  

Cannabis used during whole period

anxiety attack stopped cannabis..

stopped sleeping 

reinstated lexipro Jan 2017

gabapentine titrated up to 900 mg 

ativan .5 Feb 2018

weaned Ativan July 2018

weaned gabapentine  June to feb 2019..

weaned lexipro April to August 2019

Start trileptal for possible nerve damage 8 days ago..

have I royally screwed my self over with all the psychological drugs..

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

2013 to 2016 lexipro 10mg .3 day taper.. sept 2016.january 2017 reinstated lexipro 10 to 20 mg..900 mg gabapentine.feb 2018 .5 ativan

o mg lexipro aug 2019.. quit cannabis horrible insomnia. trail 2 days of Amitriptyline 10 mg and 2 day Prozac 20 mg  trilpetal 50 mg x2 daily.. 11/16 cut 45 mg x2.. burning left side of face constant from nerve damage from teeth extraction or SSRI withdrawal??

amitriptyline 7.5 mg trileptal 40mg 1.5 mg melatonin  400 mg magnesium remag liguid. Currently at 6.8 mg amitriptyline and 36 mg trileptal

Lexipro and trileptal

Was on lexipro for 7 yrs and had too fast of a taper over 3 months.10 mg.. should reinstate lexipro at a lower does.. like an idiot I started a anticonvulsant 7 days ago and hate it.. I stopped my lexipro two months ago.. should I reinstate and then slow taper.. not sleeping with terrible anxiety.. weight of the world on my shoulders.. and should I just stop the anticonvulsant.. and the lowest starting dose of trileptal and 75 mg x 2 a day

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

I’m trying to figure out the best course of action as to stopping the trileptal.. it’s not helping me sleep anyway..

Need help

having numbness over bridge of nose and face.. I have health anxiety and it is killing me.. at where I am at I wish I had never asked to come off the lexipro.. I have let my family down..every time I close my eyes I just feel numbness across my face.. I can’t shut my mind of from this reality .. I obsess over my condition and being able to care for my family and two small children.. I want to die.. if I can’t work we will lose our house and everything I have worked so hard for..

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Trileptal

Been taking trilptal for 7 days at 75 mg twice a day trying to find a work around from lexipro withdrawal.. just want off the drugs so I can start healing.. do I stop or just liguid titrate at 10% .. went and saw psyc and she wants me to start trileptal at 25 mg.. but to taper trileptal at my discretion.. I don’t trust drs any more.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

It is never a good idea to just stop taking an anticonvulant drug CT.  Because you have only been taking it for a few days a long drawn out taper is probably not necessary, but some sort of taper is required.  I would thing 25% a week in a linear taper would be sufficient.  That would have you off fairly quickly and minimize the risk of rebound seizures.  Yes it's possible to get them even if you never had them before. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Feeling lost

You guys are like my therapists.. I cannot stop obsessing over my health.. I have a dilemma.. I have what is called atypical facial pain and lingual nerve damage.. I recently fractured my t5 in my thoracic spine 7 months ago.. the meds that they put me on for all of these conditions.. my thought was to come off the medications and return to baseline.. well my baseline is that of a scared child afraid of the world and the wrongness of it.. I have 2 teenage daughters.. my sleep is bad.. my job is of a very physical nature.. I shoe horses and the prospect of losing it all is terrifying.. the treatment for my condition is antidepressants anticonvulsants and klonopin.. not good options.. I would love to qualify for motor cortex stimulation or a pain implant but you have to have money for those things.. the only medication I am on know is trileptal and it makes me feel awful so I’m weaning that.. I’ve spent a lifetime on mi d altering drugs and have just had enough.. I pray every night.. thanks for hearing me rant..

Edited by ChessieCat
reworded asterisks added topic title

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Arthur and welcome to SA,

I've merged all of the topics you have created into your Introduction topic.  SA works differently to many other forums.

Each member an Introduction topic where they can ask questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  This keeps their history in one place.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks so much. Navigating it has been a little tricky.. I’m figuring it out.. been a hell of the last 3 yrs figuring out what is nerve damage from botched dental surgery. What’s is tmd and how withdrawing from these damned drugs is connected with them all.. like a lot of people have said.. these drs are of no help.. I went and saw my psychiatrist yesterday and they just want to switch drugs.. I have been on many the last 3 yrs gaba drugs and SSRIs and it seems funny that it all started one month after a dr recommend 3 day taper off of 4 yrs of lexipro.. I don’t think I helped my case buy smoking a ton of pot at the time.. I have to hold myself accountable as well..

Also I’ve been off lexipro for 2 months( second time around).. still did a too fast taper over 3 months....should I reinstate at a low does and see if that helps??

Guy I don’t know what to do.. I’m in a ruff spot.. I’m gonna have to file for disability.. I keep telling myself one day at a time.. my dreams consists of bizarre nightmares.. I feel as those I’ve let my family down and I keep saying this and the thought keeps torturing me.. I had a great life then I got nerve damage the. Started to come off the meds and things got worse.. then I fractured my back.. and when the trileptal wears off my tmd is worse . I wake up every morning too early in terror.. 2 months of lexipro after a two rapid taper.. could this be part of the problem 

Violent thoughts

Been having terrible violent thoughts... can’t say that this is new because I was like this before meds.. I’m a lifetime sufferer of anxiety and depression.. I also deal with chronic facial pain/ neuropathy.. starting therapy tomorrow... .. the trileptal seems to be making me think these thoughts more.. or maybe it’s the chronic stress of pain.. I’m at the point I don’t want to hurt anymore.. I have hurt many people in my life.. been dysfunctional my whole life.. grew up in a disfunctional house..I honestly considering ect.. it has been shown to help with chronic pain and depression..

Edited by ChessieCat

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Arthur said:

I honestly considering ect

ect-for-withdrawal-symptoms

Search results for members who mention ect.

4 hours ago, Arthur said:

Been having terrible violent thoughts... can’t say that this is new because I was like this before meds.

It may be withdrawal related and/or drug withdrawal may be making it worse.

withdrawal-causing-intrusive-or-repetitive-thoughts-rumination-and-increased-panic

I also deal with chronic facial pain/ neuropathy

paresthesia-pins-needles-numbness-tingling-burning-sensations-aka-neuropathy

I’m at the point I don’t want to hurt anymore.

for-those-who-are-feeling-desperate-or-suicidal

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you for the link very much...My mood lifts significantly at night.. I think my attitude is a case of the terrible situation I’m in.. and at night I feel as tho i survived another day....  typical diernal depression..was on to many gaba drugs..the facial pain I brutal and the tingling over my nose and in my sinus I don’t know what to think of.. I’m so blessed with my beautiful children and partner.. I feel as tho I let them down with my condition.. I must accept.. always had a hard problem with that.. the trileptal definatly darkens my mood significantly.. I think anti epileptics have that problem.. I’m going to do a linear 25% taper a week as suggested since before I started cutting I was only on it for 7 days.. definitely doesn’t agree with me at all.. I want to ct but I’ve been on a lot of meds and think that would be unwise..

So I know I screwed up all my tapers in a rush to get off the meds.. but I am where I am now.. I’ve been off lexipro for 2 months and 5 days.. been on trileptal for 9 days.. my thinking is that I just mitigated the lexipro withdrawal slightly with trilptal.. I was advised to do a linear 25% taper a week.. was at 75 mg twice a day.. should I slow it down or what..the drying effect it has on my sinus is terrible.. highly anti chollegnic.. my sinus don’t drain and at make my face hurt and ramps up my facial nerve pain..

I’ve been taking trileptal for 9 days.. in an attempt to thwart lexipro withdrawal that I tapered poorly over 3 months.. my last lexipro was 2 months five days ago.. sleep has been crap.. anxiety and akathsia are on high.. I can’t stop shaking my foot.. how should I taper the trileptal.. my dr what’s me to start Lamictal for generalized anxiety disorder.. I live with chronic pain and nueralgia..

So I think I’m figuring it out and I got my self into a mess of s***.. so I tapered gabapentin till January.. the tapered lexipro way to fast from February till aug.. 10 mg to 0 then quit cannabis then took a .5 klonopin to sleep on night which was a mistake and have lingual nerve damage on top of that.. then started taking trilpetal that hits the gaba receptor dopamine receptors and the Seratonin and noradrenaline receptors.. how should I taper.. I had never taken an snri and it makes me feel tired but on crack.. all to get some sleep.. mistakes..

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Arthur,

And welcome aboard.

This is your introduction page.  Can you bookmark it for future reference.  I just moved two more of your posts from the "Tapering forum" on back here.  This is absolutely, the best place for you to put questions regarding your individual situation now.  If you can keep your questions all in one place for now, that will be really helpful to us Arthur.  And then, be patient, with yourself, with us, etc.   And know that you are going to have to make some decisions around what you do, going forward, yourself........that we can't magically just undo all that you are going through now.  However, don't berate yourself.........that's useless.

Thank you for getting a signature done.

When we take these medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur. And sleep is really important during withdrawal. 

Also:

How psychiatric drugs remodel the brain,

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

may help give you some better understanding of what you are dealing with now, and what your prescriber and/or therapist may not quite get.  I mean I would not be surprised if they don't get it.

Dr Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

So....where are you now with the Trileptal taper?

On 9/27/2019 at 7:57 PM, brassmonkey said:

It is never a good idea to just stop taking an anticonvulant drug CT.  Because you have only been taking it for a few days a long drawn out taper is probably not necessary, but some sort of taper is required.  I would thing 25% a week in a linear taper would be sufficient.  That would have you off fairly quickly and minimize the risk of rebound seizures.  Yes it's possible to get them even if you never had them before. 

And/or you could stay on it and then do a taper later.  Tips for tapering oxcarbazepine/Trileptal

It looks like you found that link ^ already, as I found one of your posts there, before moving it on back.

If it's helping you a bit with sleep now that might be good.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:38 PM, Arthur said:

then started taking trilpetal that hits the gaba receptor dopamine receptors and the Seratonin and noradrenaline receptors.. how should I taper.. I had never taken an snri and it makes me feel tired but on crack.. all to get some sleep.. mistakes..

^^  And sorry, but what????  You are not on a SNRI.

I think you've got lot's of options to consider.  I don't know about using Lamictal for anxiety now.........or if you even want to go that route now, and try something else new in the drugs department.  You've been through so many already. 

And then you could consider a reinstatement too, of the Lexapro/escitalopram.  You could even substitute Celexa/citalopram, which tends to be a bit milder.

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

It's best done right as WD symptoms appear though.  And it would require some careful management and observation by you.  If I were you, I sure wouldn't attempt an intial reinstatement of more that 0.5 mg of escitalopram, or just 1/2 mg.  As due to all the other stuff you've been on and off now, it's possible it could ramp you up even further.  So low, very small dose trial is best, without changes to it, for a week, unless significant new symptoms appear. .  In that case you just stop it.  If it has, however, any positive effect, then you just can sit with that dose and then possibly go a up a bit more.......very slowly, week by week, until you have a bit more WD stability.

Tips for tapering off Lexapro/escitalopram

Tips for tapering off Citalopram/celexa

^ both of these will tell you more about the dosage forms available and other options for getting a small dose, if you do decide to try a reinstatement of your AD.

I'm sorry too, to hear about your nerve damage,chronic pain, and neuropathy.   I've got to say......it's been an odd choice of medications that they have tried for you to help with this, in my humble opinion.  We see it all here though.....not overly surprised.  Have you considered any alternatives to drug treatments.........things like a chiropractor or acupuncture, meditation groups?

Best Arthur.

L, P, H, and G,

manymoretodays(mmt) 

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thank you so much for responding.. I think the lack of sleep.. improper pain management and medication withdrawal are just taking a toll.. I’m at 58.5 mg of trileptal..  it just makes me groggy and depressed.. I’m so Leary of reinstating the lexipro.. but it things get bad I my reinstate at .5... i also quit smoking cannabis 2 months ago and am sure that has an effect as well.. I wish I never touched a drug in my life.. I also have the worst parasthesia that runs across the top of my face.. as long as I’m concentrating on something it’s ok.. but the minute I close my eyes it there and it really sucks and ramps my anxiety to 100.. I’ve dealt with a lot of trauma.. my psychiatrist is worthless.. my shrink is great tho and understands what a crap shoot the drugs are..  after all I’ve learned in scared of them all.. I see a facial pain management person tomorrow.. I honestly feel like I’m dying... just very slowly..and the treatments for these things are more drugs.. I was on gabapentine for yrs and it stopped working and coming off was hell.. I’m a very very sensitive person.. trying to work and hold on to my family but I’m preparing my case thru my drs so I can get disability.. I guess we all lose in the end.. I just wanna watch my daughter grow up.. my therapist gave me good insight.. “this is your new normal Arthur”” and I read a good quote  that I think hits to the heart with all of us.. “the reason psychiatriy and psychotherapy fail the majority of people is because it cannot and will not account for the wrongness of the world”” truest thing I’ve ever heard

I’ve been kindled severely.. my ptsd is thru the roof.. not having my wife with me is the worst..so let me break down my drug tapers and see if people can help me..

went for 900 to zero gabapentine from sept 18 to March 19..was on that for 2 yrs.. went from .5 mg of Ativan to zero.. from July 18 to sept 18. was on that 3 months.. went from 10 mg lexipro to 0  from  april 19 to sept 19. Dr tried me on 2 day of Prozac.. aug 20.. no good.. and 2 days of Amitriptyline.. no good.... right now on trilpetal 58.5 mg twice a day.. what should I do to stabilize.. should I go on k-pin to at least sleep then come off that in a yr.. my mri shows diffuse white matter hypersensitivity.. basically brain damage.

IThank you for the link very much...My mood lifts significantly at night.. I think my attitude is a case of the terrible situation I’m in.. and at night I feel as tho i survived another day....  typical diernal depression..was on to many gaba drugs..the facial pain I brutal and the tingling over my nose and in my sinus I don’t know what to think of.. I’m so blessed with my beautiful children and partner.. I feel as tho I let them down with my condition.. I must accept.. always had a hard problem with that.. the trileptal definatly darkens my mood significantly.. I think anti epileptics have that problem.. I’m going to do a linear 25% taper a week as suggested since before I started cutting I was only on it for 7 days.. definitely doesn’t agree with me at all.. I want to ct but I’ve been on a lot of meds and think that would be unwise..I take 3 mgs melatonin at night for sleep

Having severe mental akathasia

So I have to be honest with myself..I have lived with an inability to cope my entire life.. I had a stretch from 2007 till 2011 when I was sober and that was a hard time.. I was getting thru it the I got nerve pain in my face.. Want to look into other ways of resetting my pain.. I am in a feedi back loop of anxiety and pain.. i was using cannabis and lexipro combo and it was helping my nerve pain in my face quite a bit.. but since the ups and downs and trauma of my condition cannabis give me anxiety.. have anyone tried ect or deep brain stimulation for chronic pain and anxiety..I’m seeing a therapist.. my sleep I haunted by bizarre dreams and im having a lot of depersonalization and derealization which I’ve never had before.. it’s scary... everything just looks weird.. when I am outside it is ok but watching tv and movies everything just looks weird.. I have to have everything i a pattern or I find my self losing it.. I want to be able to feel joy.. my dr is trying to get me into Johns Hopkins and I started acupuncture yesterday.. I live in so much fear and always have.. I can’t travel because of it.. I have no coping mechanisms in place.. lexipro and cannabis quieted my mind.. now I cannot tolerate them anymore .. I have learned that as parents we must give our children steadiness and insight so they don’t have the problems I have now.. thoughts anyone..

I can’t stop myself from moving and thinking.. sleeping is a distant memory.. This is my question.. I was doing ok after the lexipro withdrawal at 1 month in.. I would sleep ok.. then things got bad so instead of going back on a small dose of lexipro I had the dr precribe me trileptal because that is what the neurologist suggested.. now I am in my head constantly anxious that I can nap and the nerve pain in my face has become centralized.. I don’t now what to think.. one day at a time.. I need some one to tell me that it’s ok to lose everything.. that this is not my fault or a fault at all and it is just life.. if I don’t take the trilpetal I don’t sleep.. am I related to a life on drugs.. that is what treated the nerve pain before but I’m scared of them know and the fact they could make things worse..

Getting put back on lexipro didn’t help at all 3 yrs ago and the gabapentin just let me sleep.. was on that for 2.5 yr.. the only nap I’ve taken was when I was on 10 mg of lexipro and smoking cannabis.. that is what worked..

Do I just ride this out with no changes to trilpetal for a few months and then go from there..

And could the trileptal be making it worse..

Ok.. so I have some some neuropathy and tmd in my face.. I am now in the position where I am faced with tough questions.. number 1.. I am scared of the drugs that they will want to put me on for my central pain syndrome.. I believe I have it and I also believe from all the drugs I’ve had before my central nervous system and Autotomic immune system has been compromised.. my pain was well controlled till my pcp 3 yrs ago took me off lexipro in 3 days.. I had no idea.. then the pain and everything can back.. I am now terrified of drugs..but I have a complex pain condition as well..I have always had serve anxiety and horrible narcissistic behavior.. fear of death.. I’m am ashamed of the way I have lived my life before this.. no balance.. anyway.. only doing what I wanted to do.. know the coin has flipped.. anyway has anyone done tms.. I have looked into the research for chronic pain and central sensitization as well as anxiety and depression and it looks promising.. insights guys as to a way to move forward.. hold at 58 mg x 2 daily of trilpetal 

So I’m my sleep is terrible.. I’m sleeping very little.. 4 hrs max a night.. when I do acupuncture I actually sleep about 6 for 2 days..I’ve been on trilpetal for almost 4 weeks and am due for another drop.. if anyone can look at my signature and advise me on a trilpetal taper.. I don’t want to go to fast and screw up my already screwed up nervous system..also how do I update my signature..

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the university of Maryland oral facial pain clinic to look at the neuropathy neuralgia in my face they diagnosed me with posttraumatic trigeminal neuropathy I am getting a gene test to see what medications that I can tolerate but part of me thinks that I may have sensitized my central nervous system already with all the medications that I’ve got on I was on Lexapro for four years before being taken off in three days my symptoms during the taper as I was using cannabis were just a lot of Brain zaps and after a month I felt really good then I began to have pain in the upper right quadrant of my  my jaw and looking back in hindsight I think it was a paresthesia from the two fast rapid taper I ended up getting a root canal which did not solve the pain and was put back on Lexapro as well as gabapentin I had since we had off all drugs and have horrible numbness across the entire bridge of my nose going up into my sinus cavity as well as having horrible anxiety and depression from having to deal with this pain and having to put my family through.. could the facial tingling and numbness be a side effect from coming off of the Lexipro.Right now I am in the midst of a liquid titration off of the Trileptal I lower 1 mg every two weeks. I also had some labs done and my vitamin B6 was over at twice the normal limit and my testosterone was very low so I was recommended to go to a Endocrinologist to have my hormones checked and was considering a low dose of testosterone because I have been having much fatigue and muscle wasting but as I read these things I see that having low testosterone is also a sign of SSRI withdrawal.. My stress with my work situation and family life is extremely high and I am probably wondering if that is contributing to the severity of my condition I do not really know what you think considering that the facial pain that I had the first go around seven years ago is much different than the pain that I have in the middle of my face right now this is something that has been added and I do not know if it is exacerbated by having dental work done or if it is a reflection of the SSRI with drawl

• Administrator

Hello, Arthur. Please do not create more Introductions topics. Only one Intro to a member. Put your updates and questions about your particular situation in this topic.

Edit your signature by following these instructions.

What are the symptoms you attribute to Trileptal?

Did this sleeplessness start when you quit Lexapro?

What times of day do you take drugs now, at what dosages?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, Arthur said:

just cut the pill in half for 3 days then stop.

I cannot believe that this was his advice . It is so negligent!

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse  reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg 7 May 22 2.31mg 17/09/2023 0.8mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante

posttraumatic trigeminal neuropathy I

That is one of the worst types of pain there is  from what I have I heard . There is a journalist who has filmed some YouTube episodes on her search for alleviation of her trigeminal nerve pain after a surgery. 

Sorry you are suffering. 

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse  reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg 7 May 22 2.31mg 17/09/2023 0.8mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante
  • Administrator

So I went to the university of Maryland oral facial pain clinic to look at the neuropathy neuralgia in my face they diagnosed me with posttraumatic trigeminal neuropathy I am getting a gene test to see what medications that I can tolerate but part of me thinks that I may have sensitized my central nervous system already with all the medications that I’ve got on I was on Lexapro for four years before being taken off in three days my symptoms during the taper as I was using cannabis were just a lot of Brain zaps and after a month I felt really good then I began to have pain in the upper right quadrant of my  my jaw and looking back in hindsight I think it was a paresthesia from the two fast rapid taper I ended up getting a root canal which did not solve the pain and was put back on Lexapro as well as gabapentin I had since we had off all drugs and have horrible numbness across the entire bridge of my nose going up into my sinus cavity as well as having horrible anxiety and depression from having to deal with this pain and having to put my family through.. could the facial tingling and numbness be a side effect from coming off of the Lexipro.Right now I am in the midst of a liquid titration off of the Trileptal I lower 1 mg every two weeks. I also had some labs done and my vitamin B6 was over at twice the normal limit and my testosterone was very low so I was recommended to go to a Endocrinologist to have my hormones checked and was considering a low dose of testosterone because I have been having much fatigue and muscle wasting but as I read these things I see that having low testosterone is also a sign of SSRI withdrawal..

My stress with my work situation and family life is extremely high and I am probably wondering if that is contributing to the severity of my condition I do not really know what you think considering that the facial pain that I had the first go around seven years ago is much different than the pain that I have in the middle of my face right now this is something that has been added and I do not know if it is exacerbated by having dental work done or if it is a reflection of the SSRI with drawl

That block of text lacks end punctuation. To make your posts easier to read, please insert line breaks for paragraphs.

I would not take testosterone or any other steroid when experiencing psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome, there's a high risk of side effects. I have no idea why you think low testosterone is related to withdrawal syndrome, I haven't seen any documentation of that.

Have you considered maybe a nerve was injured when you had the root canal? We don't provide peer support for facial nerve injury here, that's something you might pursue with medical specialists.

Bruxism is indeed associated with withdrawal syndrome, that might have been the source of the pain in your jaw. We recommend getting a dental night guard for bruxism and working on physical therapy and acupuncture to treat pain in the temporal joint.

I need some more information about what's going on with Trileptal before making any more suggestions about dealing with your Lexapro withdrawal syndrome.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I am at 56 milligrams of trilpetal x2 daily..  tapering 1 milligram every 2 weeks..the dr recommend that I take either Amitriptyline or cymbalta..these are the treatment opinions with this condition as well as nerve blocks..the insomnia started with my quitting Lexipro and cannabis is conjunction with each other.. been off both for 2.5 months..

They recommended the testosterone to give me strength to deal with the nerve damage.. I’m scared of it as well.. mine tested low..