Arthur: looking for insight

Arthur

Rosetta

Hi. I answered your question about Tylenol on my thread, but I didn’t put @Arthur.

I read some of your thread.  I’m sorry to see you are having such terrible jaw pain.

I wake up with my right jaw in discomfort several nights a month.  I have sleep apnea which I believe has something to do with the muscle tension of WD.  Cause or effect - I don’t know.  At times, the tension goes from my temple down to my chest (Pectoral muscle) and also, down to my back around the area of my shoulder blade.  Usually, if I have those issues, a number of muscles up and down my right side are affected.  I had two identical mouth guards, but I bit through both of them at the position of my front teeth ages ago.  I should wear it any way.

Joint inflammation is also a symptom of PWS for me.  Sometimes it’s both sides, sometimes only one — my knees, my elbows, my wrists, my hips, my fingers.  The jaw is a joint.  It could be that you have swelling of the joint in addition to muscle tension.  So, the joint is inflamed and sore, and the muscles are pulling on it quite strongly at the same time.  Now, that’s great fun, I know, because I have been having that for a few years.  It, too, is less frequent, and less severe.

I have dystonia.  You may not.  There are various muscle tensions as a result of ADs and benzos that are not dystonia.  If your jaw is actually dislocating, that’s pretty serious.  I presume you don’t mean that it “feels” as if it’s dislocated, but that it has been actually confirmed as dislocated. Do you have bone rubbing against bone?  What kind of surgery is the doctor recommending?

I notice that you took Ativan in March of 2019.  I wonder if you became dependent on that, then CT’d and have been kindling yourself ever since with each change of dose or drug, and the pot, too. 

A CT of a benzo will cause a lot of muscle tension problems.  I am still having them 4 years later, but they lessen a bit every few months.  I see consistent progress on that front.  I believe this is because I stopped “changing the dose.”  I CT’d — NOT the right way to stop changing the dose, but here I am.  Occasionally, I will have a wave that is more intense than the last.  This is normal for PWS.  At those times, my muscle tension increases in severity.

Dystonia, if that’s an issue for you, resolves itself, I believe, if one stops kindling the system.  It has become much less intense for me.  Very rarely does it cause a headache or “pain.”  It may ache or be very uncomfortable, but the painful type that used to be so common is now quite rare.

There is really no cure for this condition but stabilization on a consistent dose for months while resisting the panic and the temptation of adding a new drug or ditching another.  If you need surgery to protect that jaw, then you need it, but I would make very sure of that before going under anesthesia.

Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthur

• Altostrata

• Shep

• Gridley

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cannot believe that this was his advice . It is so negligent!

Thanks.. I’m holding my doses of everything at the moment.. I have trigeminal nerve damage and I am now going the route of trying nerve blocks and things of the such to manage my condition.. I got a double whammy with an almost impossible situation.. can’t add more drugs..I was put on them initially because of the nerve damage.. no one told me they use antidepressants for nerve pain.. I thought it just went away and then my dr told me I could just stop my antidepressant.... wrong.. 4 yrs of hell.. now I must find a way out without taking more medications.. double edged sword.. thank you for taking the time.. I wish you well on this journey..one thing I’ve learned thru this suffering is real empathy for those that suffer.. it has made me realize how foolish the way we live in this human condition .. the goal of it is completely backwards.. when you spend your time lifting others up you always lift yourself.. myself I’m praying for a miracle..

Chronic cannabis use thru out..

2013 to 2016 lexipro 10mg .3 day taper.. sept 2016.january 2017 reinstated lexipro 10 to 20 mg..900 mg gabapentine.feb 2018 .5 ativan

taper 10 mg lexipro  March 2019 

o mg lexipro aug 2019.. quit cannabis horrible insomnia. trail 2 days of Amitriptyline 10 mg and 2 day Prozac 20 mg  trilpetal 50 mg x2 daily.. 11/16 cut 45 mg x2.. burning left side of face constant from nerve damage from teeth extraction or SSRI withdrawal??

december 3 2019. 5mg Amitriptyline January 3 current meds And supplements 

amitriptyline 7.5 mg trileptal 40mg 1.5 mg melatonin  400 mg magnesium remag liguid. Currently at 6.8 mg amitriptyline and 36 mg trileptal

Question for the moderators.. should I crush my Amitriptyline before I dissolve it in the one ml of vodka of just let it dissolve.. I is difficult getting all the powder into such a small amount out liquid 

2013 to 2016 lexipro 10mg .3 day taper.. sept 2016.january 2017 reinstated lexipro 10 to 20 mg..900 mg gabapentine.feb 2018 .5 ativan

o mg lexipro aug 2019.. quit cannabis horrible insomnia. trail 2 days of Amitriptyline 10 mg and 2 day Prozac 20 mg  trilpetal 50 mg x2 daily.. 11/16 cut 45 mg x2.. burning left side of face constant from nerve damage from teeth extraction or SSRI withdrawal??

amitriptyline 7.5 mg trileptal 40mg 1.5 mg melatonin  400 mg magnesium remag liguid. Currently at 6.8 mg amitriptyline and 36 mg trileptal

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I need help with tapering the liquid.. I have been crushing up my 10 mg amitriptyline then dissolving it into 100 ml of water and pulling out 32 ml to give me 6.8 mill of amitriptyline liquid.. I do this daily.. how long should I let the tablets dissolve for and can I keep making my cuts with 100 ml of solution??

thank you..

Let the tablets dissolve at least over night.

Yes, you can keep using this formula for your reductions. The liquid will keep for four or five days in the refrigerator. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

@brassmonkeyshould I left them dissolve in the refrigerator or at room temperature before refrigeration?

I’ve only been letting them dissolve for a few hrs sometimes.. is this giving me Inconsistencies in dosing?? I have been all over the place for almost a year in my sleep and emotions??

Let them dissolve at room temperature.  The liquid should be fine if you let them soak for a few hours, the overnight is for insurance.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking