sunnysideup69: what can I do to stabilise on venlafaxine

sunnysideup69

Hey @Guilietta, thanks, yes I have been a bit heavy hearted today about bro. Have been very drowsy for two days, after two pretty good days. Bah.It's annoying, but it is what it is. Now it's dark, I'm just not motivated to go out in the evenings at ALL. Am finding at the moment that working 3 days is pretty much all the energy I've got, then tkes me four to recover. It's also because it's dark, I just want to hibernate.

Also, gonna listen to https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/6122-relaxation-exercises-guided-meditations-calming-videos-sleep-hypnosis/

this eve, in prep for work tomorrow. Got occupational health appointment tomorrow. Bit late really, it's supposed to happen before going back to work, and I've been back since 9th October...

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

Hello Sweetie, @sunnysideup69

6 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Have been very drowsy for two days

Maybe it is also the time of year - with the days growing shorter. The fall is the worst time of the year for me - pretty foliage or not! 😉

15 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

An insight just now; the whole of life, even when not on psych drugs, is pretty much normality interspersed with windows and waves. It's just that we experience it with more extremes because we are dysregulated.

Exactly. Some of us have to work harder at managing the downs. The past few days especially I have been asking myself how to do this. The depth of despair is not triggered by a circumstance or event. It is like being hit hard with a wave - and we are trying to keep afloat (in cold water!).

I remind myself that generations who came before us faced deep despair and anxiety - and they did it without ADs. 

How are the PITAs (pain in the a**) at work behaving lately?

Got occupational health appointment tomorrow. Bit late really,

Better late than never. :rolleyes: Let us know how it goes.

Enjoy the meditation links. I am going to do my 'just be' for 15 minutes - then reflect on  what I am grateful for and watch a DVD that I need to return to the library. It is overdue. Or listen to music I enjoy. Look at all the tantalizing options! Isn't hibernating wonderful. ;)

Hugs 🤗

Ok, seem to be having a wave again, since Monday. Not sure if it's related to occupational health meeting today, or news about bro, or all of that or none. To some extent, it doesn't really matter. I feel miserable and like I'm not making any progress.

Weird stabbing pains in my left arm, I've noticed this before in a wave. Please send me strength to cope with the day.

Also, I have broken out in spots around my eyes over the last month, it's a bit like eczema, will check out with GP but wondering if skin stuff is also common to withdrawal. Any idea @Gridley?

Be interesting to see if this wave is as severe and how I feel afterwards. Also wondering if my baseline will improve again afterwards. Not really relishing school today, although maybe it will distract me a bit from symptoms. This is the worst I've felt before work since going back last month.

Notes for Tuesday November 27th

Decent sleep, okay on waking

Anxiety starts building around 6am

7am Venlafaxine 75mg XR, eat breakfast, anxiety around 3, feeling depressed and anxious, intrusive thoughts about always being like this, what's the point in having a life like this?

8am bath, snack, 1200mg fish oil, anxiety/depression 3/4

1230 lunch, anxiety depression eases a little to maybe a 2/3

All afternoon, anxiety/depression is around 4/5, completely demotivated and find no pleasure in anything. Can't even be bothered to make supper, go to bed around 1900 hours and just lie down listening to podcasts, fall asleep really early, wake a couple of times in the night after intense dreams but go back to sleep.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Sunny,

It is always very frustrating when symptoms increase Again. We get use so fast To some quality of life, right ?

But it also means that your CNS needs To do some repair, and hopefully an improved baseline Will appear after.

Your feeling miserable and like you're not making any progress : I know it too Well, and I really believe it is also a symptom of WD. 

Your baseline has improved, there is no doubt, and you Will get back To it 😘

Big hugs dear 

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Thank you xxx

Hi Sunny, 

Yes, you are making progress, even though it doesn't feel like it.  It's good you're doing a proper diary to refer back to.  I can see you are working hard to stabilise, while managing to work, no mean feat. I wish l knew how to help our brains remember and acknowledge our progress.  

I have skin problems associated with withdrawal (I think) including an eczema type rash under my eyes, flared up a couple of months ago, which sounds like yours.  I tried steroid and antibiotic creams, but sadly they didn't work for me.  I just moisturise now, some days it's worse than others.  It was both eyes, now it's mainly my left.  It has calmed down. My chin is pretty bad at the moment too, painful boils under my skin, could be related to time of the month.  It's confusing.

Try to be kind to yourself (I know that's not easy).  You're doing your best.

Love and peace, MissyE

MissyE

2008 Dec-Feb 2009 GP diazipam; Dec-Jun 2009 fluoxetine. 2010 Jan citalopram approx 4 weeks, Jan- Aug fluox, Oct-Jun 2011 paroxetine; Aug - Dec venlafaxine 37.5mg - 75mg. 2012 Mar-Jul reinstate ven 150mg; Aug swap to fluox 40mg (preg) - Mar 2013  reinstate ven 150mg. 2015 Nov swap to fluox 40mg (preg) Dec suicidal reinstated ven 300mg

2018 Jan ven "pooped" buspirone added/stopped; pentagablin added; March pent stopped & ven taper - 0 June; August betablockers started/ stopped; September mirtazapine 15mg and diazepam 2mg started/stopped; October ven 300mg reinstated. 

2019 Jan psychiatrist added mirt 15mg (aiming for "California rocket fuel" therapeutic dose).  No more meds: gradual taper mirt Feb-April (taken for < 3 weeks).

Commenced ven taper 5-10% 6-10 weekly 2019 April - Nov: 225mg.  Tapering 8 weekly in alignment with menstrual cycle 2020 Jan 212.5mg; Mar 200mg; Jun 187.5mg hold

Oct all meds stopped sectioned under mental health act psychosis olanzapine 20mg PRN lorazepam

Dec 600mg lithium 15mg olanzapine

1-2g omega 3 & 400ug folic acid

2 puffs pulmicort inhaler.

This too shall pass.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

wondering if skin stuff is also common to withdrawal.

Yes, skin issues are common in withdrawal.  I've had hives that come and go.

Skin issues: hives, acne, dryness, itching etc. - Symptoms and ...

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

19 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Yes, skin issues are common in withdrawal.  I've had hives that come and go.

Skin issues: hives, acne, dryness, itching etc. - Symptoms and ...

Wow, this is the gift that keeps giving, eh?

3 hours ago, MissyE said:

Hi Sunny, 

Yes, you are making progress, even though it doesn't feel like it.  It's good you're doing a proper diary to refer back to.  I can see you are working hard to stabilise, while managing to work, no mean feat. I wish l knew how to help our brains remember and acknowledge our progress.  

I have skin problems associated with withdrawal (I think) including an eczema type rash under my eyes, flared up a couple of months ago, which sounds like yours.  I tried steroid and antibiotic creams, but sadly they didn't work for me.  I just moisturise now, some days it's worse than others.  It was both eyes, now it's mainly my left.  It has calmed down. My chin is pretty bad at the moment too, painful boils under my skin, could be related to time of the month.  It's confusing.

Try to be kind to yourself (I know that's not easy).  You're doing your best.

Love and peace, MissyE

Hey Missy E, thank you for your kind words. It's hard to see the progress sometimes. I'm at work, feeling a bit crap but not panicky thank god. Just a bit short of patience with the kids and I have the tremors today, it's a very physical wave right now.

Strange, I also have the rash mainly under my left eye. It's kind of itchy and stingy and it didn't happen until I switched from Citalopram to Venlafaxine. Another delight of WD, I guess. I'm going to catch up on your thread when I get home, thanks for uplifting me😊

Just now, sunnysideup69 said:

Hey Missy E, thank you for your kind words. It's hard to see the progress sometimes. I'm at work, feeling a bit crap but not panicky thank god. Just a bit short of patience with the kids and I have the tremors today, it's a very physical wave right now.

Strange, I also have the rash mainly under my left eye. It's kind of itchy and stingy and it didn't happen until I switched from Citalopram to Venlafaxine. Another delight of WD, I guess. I'm going to catch up on your thread when I get home, thanks for uplifting me😊

I'm glad l managed to help.  You're more than halfway through work now too.

Yep the skin issues are weird and unsightly   I couldn't get my eyelashes/brows tinted for the first time ever!! (First world problem l know, but l look a bugger without them).

I had a quick look at the skin info Gridley pointed you towards and it reminded me that l went off my antihistamine cetirazine (when l ran out) but now I'm back on it so that may have helped me (or could be a bloomin' coincidence)... 

Read my thread if you need help sleeping 😉 I've just started my diary, wow has my world shrunk. 

MissyE

2008 Dec-Feb 2009 GP diazipam; Dec-Jun 2009 fluoxetine. 2010 Jan citalopram approx 4 weeks, Jan- Aug fluox, Oct-Jun 2011 paroxetine; Aug - Dec venlafaxine 37.5mg - 75mg. 2012 Mar-Jul reinstate ven 150mg; Aug swap to fluox 40mg (preg) - Mar 2013  reinstate ven 150mg. 2015 Nov swap to fluox 40mg (preg) Dec suicidal reinstated ven 300mg

2018 Jan ven "pooped" buspirone added/stopped; pentagablin added; March pent stopped & ven taper - 0 June; August betablockers started/ stopped; September mirtazapine 15mg and diazepam 2mg started/stopped; October ven 300mg reinstated. 

2019 Jan psychiatrist added mirt 15mg (aiming for "California rocket fuel" therapeutic dose).  No more meds: gradual taper mirt Feb-April (taken for < 3 weeks).

Commenced ven taper 5-10% 6-10 weekly 2019 April - Nov: 225mg.  Tapering 8 weekly in alignment with menstrual cycle 2020 Jan 212.5mg; Mar 200mg; Jun 187.5mg hold

Oct all meds stopped sectioned under mental health act psychosis olanzapine 20mg PRN lorazepam

Dec 600mg lithium 15mg olanzapine

1-2g omega 3 & 400ug folic acid

2 puffs pulmicort inhaler.

This too shall pass.

Hello Sweetie

Ironically, this is Thanksgiving tomorrow in the USA. I think around this time in Canada, too.  WD is the gift that keeps on giving - just as we are giving Thanks for a bountiful harvest. ;)

About the bumps - these are likely what is known as milia. They are usually the product of blocked pores or irritated skin.  I have these as well and they go up and down - even before WD.  Bummer I know. My skin, generally very sensitive (at the least) has flares of rosacea and seb derm. Seb derm is a type of eczema ad there are some products on the US market that are approved by the eczema foundation.  Minimizing stress helps. Also no wine or spicy food or staying out of heat or sun. I use a lot of  cream - after shower and before bed - on my body. I have tried. ;) For the sun, Clinique has available in the US market a cream 'Redness Solutions.' It is very gentle and the onlky product I can use on my skin. YOu have a Clarins product - whgich is a gel - it is hydrating - somethign like that - I ran out. It is also gentle and soothing

5 hours ago, Erell said:

It is always very frustrating when symptoms increase Again. We get use so fast To some quality of life, right

This is so well put, @Erell. We (think) we are on the road again (Willie Nelson!) and then we get hit with a few crummy days - or days that are part crummy. I looked at some of your symptoms and have had the same few days as well with pain/cramps in my arm. It comes and goes.

Repair work is going on during this spell. I wonder if my waves decrease in severity or duration than previous ways. Not really sure and  I don't kow if I can do anything about it but reach out for support and ideas and try and do what relieves symptoms. What do you think @Erell @Gridley @sunnysideup69@Sassenach and @MissyE and anyone  I am missing. Maybe I am completely wrong./

Sunny - we are here for you - and sending hugs and positive thoughts youwill be having a better day today.

Your friend in the colonies....

Giulietta

Thanks @Gridley, @Erell, @MissyE and @Guilietta,

Really felt your help today. Kept checking SA site whilst in class....naughty me.....Luckily, it was an easy teaching day for me. We had an hour's worth of theatre company visit, so hardly had to teach at all this morning.

Then this afternoon, left for an occupational health at 2pm. So it was a very short teaching day. 

Occupational health woman was lovely, it was helpful. She is also an older woman, so she got the whole menopausal thing. I just talked about switching antidepressant in August, didn't even venture into 'I'm suffering withdrawal syndrome' because what's the point? 

Since about 4pm, I've been feeling a lot better, anxiety and sadness have lifted.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Since about 4pm, I've been feeling a lot better, anxiety and sadness have lifted.

Great news ! Rest Well 😙

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

You bad girl! Checking SA during class. 😁 How old are your students?

Occupational health woman was lovely, it was helpful. She is also an older woman, so she got the whole menopausal thing.

It's nice to have a provider who understands you and makes it so much easier to communicate. You don't have to explain - and you know the other person truly undestands at an organic level, if that makes sense.

I am very glad you were feeling better after 4!

@Guilietta, the morning's students were 8/9 year olds. Had my phone flat on the table and kept peeping at updates 😂

Notes for Wednesday 28th November 2019

Went to bed at about 7pm last night, slept til 10pm, woke, slept til about 3, slept til 5, so actually quite a lot of sleep but broken.

Anxiety builds from 6am, it's about 4

530 bath

630 breakfast but not hungry

7am anxiety still 4, take Venlafaxine 75mg XR and 1200mg fish oil, leave for work feeling crummy

745 arrive at work, anx/dep continues all morning, very preoccupied with my mood, can't shake preoccupation off

1215 lunch anx/dep still around 3/4, lots of internal tremors, irritable

1315 afternoon begins

1400 leave for occupational health appointment

1500 appointment- actually a relief to speak with someone supportive

1600 arrive home, anxiety and depression are lifting

1830 begin to listen to 'body scan' meditation and fall asleep, wake at 2130, go to bed

I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday as I type, although still a bit of depression this morning, I think the blip is moving on, I hope so at least

10 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

students were 8/9 year olds. Had my phone flat on the table and kept peeping at updates

Good deal. 8/9 year olds are pretty well behaved and fun to work with. :) Very clever of you with the phone. And you must have good eyesight. I hoe you had the volume turned down. 😂

Another day done. Noticing this little wave isn't so much anxiety as depression. It's also milder than the wave that happened at November's beginning. Today, had some intermittent waves of depression/depressive thoughts at work. Intrusive thoughts about parents dying, being lonely.....just really random. I feel like my brain computer was really doing some odd things today....And some times felt totally normal.Still, the day is now done, I'm home and relaxing, going to try the Jon Kabbat Zinn 'Body Scan' this eve and NOT fall asleep at 1830/1900. Again, as the day goes on, my mood feels better.

At least this wave isn’t as intense. So weird how emotions can switch from wd to ‘normal’ so quickly....I experience the same. Try to think of it that your brain is doing more adjustments so in time when you feel good you will feel even better than you have so far. It’s just a frustratingly long journey. Sometimes I wish that the waves would just stop and let me live the rest of my life at my current baseline as I could handle that but the brain has other ideas.

Have a good weekend.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Held for approx 4 to 6 weeks min on each reduction.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Used diazepam (2018) 10mg 10th Nov, 5mg 11th Nov, 2.5mg 12 Nov, 2mg 13th Nov.

Used diazepam 10mg 24th Nov, 7.5 25th Nov and 5mg 26th November 2018

Hello Sweetie,

We are going through the same thing together and @Tom37 too. Yes, I would like to get the ups and downs over with and live a new normal - even if it is not the 'same normal' as before the meds. It is amazing how emotions switch so quickly within a short time. LIke you said - I think this indicates neurotransmitters upregulating and adjusting?

10 hours ago, Tom37 said:

So weird how emotions can switch from wd to ‘normal’ so quickly....I experience the same.

22 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Intrusive thoughts about parents dying, being lonely

I know, honey. I have the same ruminations and sad thoughts. I think it may be because I know they love me unconditionally - as does my dog too.  :)

Do you wonder if this is because you don't think you can live without them, on your own?

I think I look at this in terms of building more friendships now. That's honestly hard because I'm introverted. I run out of the energy to be with others after the basics of life are done (work, taking care of house, and other must do's).

Do you think you worry more about this if you are single? I find I am affected by this.  I think it would be would be nice to be with someone you love  and who loves you.  I've noticed there are a lot of men alone at the grocery store but they don't look particularly happy or friendly.

23 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Still, the day is now done, I'm home and relaxing

How nice. And you didn't have to eat ham for lunch . 😎

Hugs to you.

Giulietta💓

11 hours ago, Tom37 said:

At least this wave isn’t as intense. So weird how emotions can switch from wd to ‘normal’ so quickly....I experience the same. Try to think of it that your brain is doing more adjustments so in time when you feel good you will feel even better than you have so far. It’s just a frustratingly long journey. Sometimes I wish that the waves would just stop and let me live the rest of my life at my current baseline as I could handle that but the brain has other ideas.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks @Tom37, yes exactly. Current baseline is okay! And yet, we need the waves for healing. Have yourself a great weekend, too!

@Guilietta, yeah, I do think those ruminations are partly cos I'm single....Parents dying just seems so awful. I know really I will live on just fine , but it's hard. Being the youngest, I'm likely to be the longest surviving, too....seems like a lot to go through. I don't normally spend time dwelling on it but WD brain seems to churn it up.

Have some lovely friends but yes, to have a special someone one day would be marvellous.

Haha, no green eggs or ham for me :) Always thought that sounded disgusting.

I can't stay awake to this....it's blissful.....the past three nights I've played this and been asleep by about 1930 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15q-N-_kkrU

3 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Try to think of it that your brain is doing more adjustments

It's hard to believe that this is really what's happening during waves. Even though I read about it I still can't wrap my head around it.  (no pun intended)

3 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

I don't normally spend time dwelling on it but WD brain seems to churn it up.

Have some lovely friends but yes, to have a special someone one day would be marvellous.

Maybe this is part of anxiety. Loss and mourning are part of anxiety, I think. I worry about losing my dog too - even though he can be a pest sometimes and the vet is expensive. Pet insurance is a  panacea - especially for older pets. 

I feel the same way about meeting my 'other'.  I wonder if men feel the same way?

Thank you for the link. ;)

Hugs,

Giuilietta

Notes for Thursday 28th November

Woke in the night, went back to sleep

5am got up

530 bath

600 breakfast  anxiety is mounting, gets to about 3/4

7am Venlafaxine XR 75mg, leave for work

745 arrive at work depression has taken over, about 3/4

All morning, I have mini waves of feeling this depression alternating with feeling ok, I have a background commentary running on how awful I feel going on in my head

1220 lunch the feeling of depression gradually starts to diminish

1530 go home 

1630 arrive home feeling ok now

1730 supper

1830 listened to body scan, fell asleep

2130 woke up and took myself to bed, slept

Notes for Friday 29th November

Woke in the night around 3am, then patchy on/off sleep

Woke in the night, went back to sleep

5am got up

530 bath

600 breakfast anxiety is mounting and I feel exhausted, anx about 3

7am Venlafaxine XR 75mg, leave for work

745 arrive at work feeling a bit brighter, lifted, but nauseous, anxiety then gradually declines to zero and stays away for the rest of the day

1220 lunch

1630 go home 

1730 arrive home

1830 supper

1930 listened to body scan, fell asleep

2200 woke up, now really awake, don't feel like sleep at all overly awake, feel a bit hyper

2330 took myself to bed

0000 still awake, probably drifted off around 0015

This morning, am ok, but in my head, I'm still 'at work' churning something over. Going OUT now, to distract myself.

Hi Sweetie,

Have you enjoyed your distraction time? How is the weather?

Even though you may be rationalizing/problem - solving approach through some difficult things - like your brother's situation - and thoughts about living withiout your parents - these can add to ruminating. These thoughts come out of nowhere - or a little thing can set them off. It is a broken record. Even though the ups and downs of depression and anxiety which you describe are part of WD - and the ruminations too - it's easy to forget that they are part of WD for most/many of us. I think that they go for as long as they do gets us asking questions and driving ruminations.

Does that make sense?

Sunny here so far - but expecting crummy weather (read: snow, ice, wind....) so I will be heading out soon.... sunny side up. :)

Hugs,

Giuilietta

16 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Hi Sweetie,

Have you enjoyed your distraction time? How is the weather?

Even though you may be rationalizing/problem - solving approach through some difficult things - like your brother's situation - and thoughts about living withiout your parents - these can add to ruminating. These thoughts come out of nowhere - or a little thing can set them off. It is a broken record. Even though the ups and downs of depression and anxiety which you describe are part of WD - and the ruminations too - it's easy to forget that they are part of WD for most/many of us. I think that they go for as long as they do gets us asking questions and driving ruminations.

Does that make sense?

Sunny here so far - but expecting crummy weather (read: snow, ice, wind....) so I will be heading out soon.... sunny side up. :)

Hugs,

Giuilietta

Morning Guilietta,

Question, have you had thanksgiving? I wasn't sure of the date, hope it was lovely if it happened already xxx Well, went food shopping yesterday and the ruminating stopped after getting some cold fresh air. I think I've always been a bit of a ruminant :D,but it's definitely worse in WD. I think of Dr. Breggin's work, Your Drug May Be Your Problem, and I concur.....so I need to practise ways to break the ruminating pattern. Generally, fresh air, cold water and distraction work for me. It's really cold here. Have a lovely day xxx

Notes for Saturday 30th November 15 and a half weeks into Venlafaxine  

Today was a really good day, even started thinking about goals for next year and beyond.

5am up tired because I only drifted off to sleep around midnight

6am breakfast some ruminating about a situation at work, but mood is good, this continues on and off until 9am (anxiety 1)

7am Venlafaxine 75mg Xr

8am bath

9am food shopping enjoy being out, anxiety gone and stays away. Spent morning shopping and then cooking food.

1200 lunch

1500 5k run felt really happy after completing run, everything feels well in my world

Spent afternoon relaxing and listening to music

1800 supper 

Watching TV and laughing

2100 meditation etc, fell asleep 

2200 bed

I think part of the good mood was because of an amazing dream I had on Friday night.

To summarise: I was climbing upwards through a really tall house.

I left behind my partying ( old days) in the basement and was aiming for the roof garden.

As I climbed upwards, the footholds got more and more precarious and at one point I was just holding on to the walls with my arms. I was scared I would fall and die. Something always seemed to rescue me in the nick of time. There were also people climbing behind me and I couldn't turn back.

When I got to the roof garden, it wasn't like The Garden of Eden as I had imagined. (One of my companions wasn't very impressed, it was very sparse, a tree here and there and a bush.) However, I was just so delighted at how ordinary it was, and how I had managed to get there, and how I had been saved everytime I had thought I might fail. It also had an amazing view over the whole of London, and put everything into perspective.

❤️❤️❤️ 

Hello there....

I like your dream about seeing the whole of London. I love the gardens that open from kitchens or dining areas. I am then in a little piece of heaven. Particularly with fresh baked bread and butter. :)

13 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

I think I've always been a bit of a ruminant :D,but it's definitely worse in WD.

Ditto.  I would add that people who are analytical (thinky) are prone to anxiety. I fit into that mold. I don't know what Dr. Breggin has to say about that. So you are the analytical/thinky type too I think. ? ;)

Yes, we have had national food day in the USA. It was on Thursday. It is the busiest travel day of the year here. The day after Thanksgiving is 'Black Friday'. It is named because people immediately run out to the shoppingmalls and it is literally the first day of the year that retailers have a positive balance sheet.

13 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Generally, fresh air, cold water and distraction work for me

Fresh air/being outside is nice when it is warm. Being very active (and fast) helps me. Writing does NOT help me so I ought to get off the computer.  ;)

Hugs,

Giulietta

Hey @Guilietta, yes, am definitely 'thinky' .....it sometimes goes wonky. Deep down though, I am really a 'feeling' type, who never quite learned to process feelings in a healthy way. BUT, I'm learning now, and that's what counts. I hope your national food day was okay xxx

I'm gonna keep taking notes until I've had a good month of WD normal. Hasn't happened yet but I believe it's coming.....noticing quite a lot of ruminating in the morning until I get busy

Notes for Sunday December 1st Today, am mostly okay, sometimes happy, but occasional low level irritability creeps in. Early morning ruminating about work. I witnessed a teaching assistant being really unkind to a child on Friday and wrote an email to boss about it yesterday, so am nervous about the outcome

5am got up

600 breakfast

700 Venlafaxine XR 75mg ( forgot fish oil today, meant to take it after evening meal)

730 warm bath, followed by strength exercises

Spend the morning cleaning the flat, open the windows wide and let the freezing cold air in for 5 minutes, kind of enjoy the cleansing

1230 lunch

Call parents, dad triggers me a bit, but I get over it fairly quickly, however I do then get a headache which persists a lot of the afternoon

Spend the afternoon watching TV and listening to music, mood is okay, WD normal.

1800 supper

2000 watch 'His Dark Materials' and some comedy beforehand,

2100 listening to ASMR, fall asleep

2230 wake and take self to bed

Hello Sweetie,

So you are back to work today. Good for you. We got a huge snowstorm already and expect more snow this week. This s****.  Most of US is already under snow. The skiiers are happy. They must have someone who removes snow for them.

😂

am definitely 'thinky' .....it sometimes goes wonky. Deep down though, I am really a 'feeling' type, who never quite learned to process feelings in a healthy way. BUT, I'm learning now, and that's what counts.

Same here. I struggle still to identify my feelings but I am learning. We are not unique - many people at our ages are in the 'same boat' and learning to do this - to have a better life. There is no value in crying over spilt milk.

Part of my 'problem' is that my approach to discontent and negative feelings is to problem solve including in all of my jobs. Have you found this? So I never learned to identify feelings and process them - milk for meaning and then try to problem solve.

I'm gonna keep taking notes until I've had a good month of WD normal. Hasn't happened yet but I believe it's coming.....noticing quite a lot of ruminating in the morning until I get busy

Good plan. I have faith that this month will happen soon. I'm trying to be optimistic - but holidays are a particularly rough time for me (like most people). I need to plan things that will help me through them (and the winter months).

I have not had a single month free from WD symptoms - not the minor pesky ones - but the uglies and incapacitating ones.  So I am every day noting these worst ones, when, the duration and any other comments I find relevant.  @Gridley how are you logging yours? Sorry about asking on your page...:rolleyes:

I find reviewing them discomforting and just accept that they are going to continue for a while.

Have a wonderful day, love, as I think Londoners might say...

Hugs,

Giulietta

• Moderator Emeritus
28 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

how are you logging yours?

@Guilietta

I use a school-type notebook with this format

Number of hours sleep      day & date         level of symptoms a.m. (0 to 5)          list of symptoms 

level of symptoms p.m.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

1 hour ago, Gridley said:

level of symptoms a.m. (0 to 5)

Thanks. 

I find the numeric approach not as descriptive or able to help with memory (how many hours was I dizzy and couldn't stand, etc.) so use adjectives and details. Bit messy.

Tracking the sleep in this log is a good idea.

What do you do @sunnysideup69

Well, I'm really logging my symptoms here.

I've also got a month to view grid for each month, and whenever I have significant anxiety or depresion ie 5 or above (my scale goes up to ten) I colour a segment of that day with red (for anxiety) or yellow (for depression)....so mine is an at a glance colour chart. I am pleased to say that November looked a whole load better than Aug/Sep/Oct.

Also, am having another good day today. Still got itchy hive type rash under my eyes. Oh the joys of WD.