Bolliewop: father has tardive akathisia

Bolliewop

I am looking for people suffering from this awful condition. My Father is suffering from this and I need to connect him to others who understand what he is going through, because his doctors do not.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Bolliewop: father has tardive akathisia
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bolliewop and welcome to SA,

If possible it would be best if you father can join so that we can assist him directly.  Perhaps you might be able to help him set up a membership and explain how the site works.  It is difficult for SA to work through an intermediary.

We need additional information.  Please provide the following information in a post (ie not drug signature at this time):

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

If he is taking multiple drugs (including non psychiatric drugs) please put them in the  Drug Interactions Checker   and copy and paste the results here.

Here is SA's topic:  akathisia-vs-restlessness-anxiety-agitation

If you do a google search for survivingantidepressants.org akathisia you can find other members with the same issue.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management