smketdie: strange brain feelings all the time need help

smketdie

Hello,first of all I really want to say that I am glad I found this site.

I started using medication at age 14 for no reason really(besides not listening my lessons). They prescribed me Ritalin,Prozac and Concerta. If I remember correctly I used Prozac for 6 months. At first Ritalin wasn't used continuously. I used It for exams and some days in school because of my family's attitude. I hated that drug. After the Prozac usage doctor started Zoloft 100 mg. I was unable to care for daily matters.I used it for 1 year but because of inability to care I stopped cold turkey.I had exams so I started using a lot of Ritalin and Concerta(my family pressured me). They were giving me hell. Paranoia, brain zaps and even hallucinations. I quitted them after 1 year once again abruptly. I wasn't seeing a Doctor and was a kid. Then I started on Zoloft again(on my own). This time I was using 50 mg. I was once again talkative social and good. But there was sexual side effects and I was using alcohol with that so after 1 year once again I quitted cold turkey(18 yo). For 4 months I was good but then I started smoking weed. First ones were not problematic but the last one (5th) hit me hard. I had tingling and blood rushing in my brain with weird sensations of shock. I got in a bad state. After that I still have brain shocks, pulse, throbbing,weird sensations,vertigo,brain shakes in my head. I cant focus on something because my head throbs. I was stuck in home for a long time thinking I was dying. It got better but I cant function. I went to doctor which reinstated me on lustral 50 mg. I tried it 25 mg but I got huge brain shake and restlessness. I got something at night  which my neck got numb  derealization and convulsions. They gave me Ativan for sedation. I dropped medication and went to another doctor which gave me Lexapro 12,5 mg. I got the same feelings once again and had to use Ativan. I have huge sensitivity to substances like caffeine they give me weird brain sensation and throbbing tingling. I cant  find a good doctor they say anxiety and prescribe everything. I dont feel anxious I just feel these things all the time. I feel hopeless because I got in a good university but cant be me. I am 19.

Thanks for all the help

(14 years old)2014-2015 {Prozac,ritalin and concerta} 

2015-2016 {Prozac changed to Zoloft 100 mg kept taking ritalin and concerta occasionaly}

2017-2018 {CTed Zoloft began taking a lot of concerta(72mg sometimes 144mg a day) and ritalin}

2018-sept of 2018 {CT'ed concerta and ritalin.Started Zoloft 50 mg 

sept of 2018-sept 2019 {CT'ed Zoloft. 3 months later after 3 weed usages(my first times) hell started.}

sept 2019- {reinstate 25 mg Zoloft huge derealization and neck numbness and had an attack at night went to ER.Used ativan couple times. Week later cipralex (Lexapro) 12,5 given .Had huge brain shakes and restlessness.Ativan used.No drugs being used  right now.}

Supplements: Nothing

• ChessieCat changed the title to smetdie: strange brain feelings all the time need help

I am wondering did I do something wrong in introduction ? 

2015-2016 {Prozac changed to Zoloft 100 mg kept taking ritalin and concerta occasionaly}

2017-2018 {CTed Zoloft began taking a lot of concerta(72mg sometimes 144mg a day) and ritalin}

sept of 2018-sept 2019 {CT'ed Zoloft. 3 months later after 3 weed usages(my first times) hell started.}

sept 2019- {reinstate 25 mg Zoloft huge derealization and neck numbness and had an attack at night went to ER.Used ativan couple times. Week later cipralex (Lexapro) 12,5 given .Had huge brain shakes and restlessness.Ativan used.No drugs being used  right now.}

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello  smketdie   and welcome to SA.

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences  involved .

I am sorry you are having such a rough time but you are now in the right place.

To begin we need information regarding your drugs.

Please complete your drug signature by following the link below:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/settings/signature/

Include all drugs in the past 24months, an earlier ones can just be listed.

Complete in the following format:

Drug name / drug dose / dates taken ( if you cannot remember exactly, approximate dates will be ok)

Please include any supplements.

Whether you quit cold turkey or tapered.

I realise you have given some of this info above we need it in this format so any mod can see your history at a glance.

We are extremely busy on this site and need info quickly accessible.

The delay in replying was because we are so busy, not because you had done anything wrong.

You experiencing A/D W/D ( antidepressant withdrawal ) because the constant changes of drugs.

Please read the links below which will explain what is happening to you.

the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable/

keep-daily-notes-of-drug-schedule-and-symptoms-to-track-patterns-and-progress/

brain-fog-blank-mind-comprehension-concentration-cognitive-and-memory-problems/

derealization-or-depersonalization-dr-and-dp/

When we take a psychiatric drug, we are adding chemical/s to the brain.  The brain then has to change to adapt to getting the chemical/s.  It might have to change something to do with A and then once that change has been made it affects B so another change has to be made and so on down the line.  It is a chain reaction, a domino effect.

The same thing happens when we take the drug away.  That's why it's possible to experience such a vast array of withdrawal symptoms, and they can change, and be of different intensity.

As soon as we recieve the drugs info. we can assess your situation.

In the meantime DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGE TO YOUR CURRENT MEDS please.

Please feel free to browse the site, it is a wealth of info.

Other members threads will give you an insight and the opportunity to share experiences.

Again welcome.

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Thanks a lot for answer. İ have been feeling hopeless. I updated my signature. The thing is I don't see my problem among these. Im havingbrain shakes and feeling like its being pulled weird(not brain zaps ) ,feeling my heart beat in my head and neck all the time, sometimes restlessness and headaches for no reason and neck stiffness . 

Oh and my doctor prescribed olanzapine but I didnt use it. He prescribes everything so iam waiting for some insight. 

as i think, every thing is expected from antidepressants. i need to talk to you about  the symptomts are there while you are having the drug. for me, i had numb sensations(while on drug),  deep thinking problems, and also depersonalization(or to be you arent your self), but as i think, you can be the one you hope. here you will move towards that.

hope you will be ok,smketide.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

@mustafa I just hope we all get well as soon as possible. This is so scary for me. Right now my brain ears and neck feel so weird. I keep getting that pulling,  throbbing painful feeling.I wonder if there is  anyone who relates to my symptoms . I am scared they are permanent. 

11 minutes ago, smketdie said:

@mustafa I just hope we all get well as soon as possible. This is so scary for me. Right now my brain ears and neck feel so weird. I keep getting that pulling,  throbbing painful feeling.I wonder if there is  anyone who relates to my symptoms . I am scared they are permanent. 

Hi Smketdie, if you watched the videos in your introduction (that sass sent you), you would find all your thoughts described, you must feel that your symptompts are permanent and you won't be fine again( we all felt that); I watched these videos and knew that. Don't be scared from being scared because you add stress to your brain .  your symptompts will improve but it takes time. 

You may not find any one relates to your symptomts , the rule is that when you stop antidepressants, you suffer. So don't panic more.

This is an advice from my experience , wait also from experienced people here to give you more information.

Have a good day, friend.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

Today I started magnesium glycinate 60 mg and Fish oil. Iam having  a lot of neck pain,head pains and feeling weird in my head like its being squeezed from different angles mostly on the back of my head. I am also getting confusion with my head shaking. Really should I get MRI or smth ?

Decreased magnesium to 25 as it was stated in a thread by alostrata . Those head feelings are making me crazy. I crave for sleeping all the time just to escape. I have been trying to focus  on some papers but couldnt. Every time I find myself here feeling really scared like a lot of people here  just because İam worried this might be something else. İs reinstatement a choice for me right now I wonder @Sassenach . Thanks a lot Iam  grateful for a forum like this. Should have found it earlier.

Hello, smketdie:

I'm sorry to hear about the misery you're in right now. Please know that you will get better. You will heal. That's a given. It's important to always remember that no matter how badly you feel.

I am offering you some tips here that might or might not help you ease some of your distress until you do fully heal. They help me, but we're all so different.

I experience those same weird head and neck sensations that you describe. They're even in my upper back and shoulder area. The only way I have found so far to get some relief is trigger point therapy. Search the Net for trigger points and learn about them.

I just feel around my head, face, neck, and upper back for them. You'll know when you find one! I just press on it and hold for about 30 seconds, then I move onto the next one that I find. There are trigger point massagers you can buy, but what I found that works the best is just using your thumbs, fingers, or knuckles on your head and neck. For the upper back, I just place two tennis balls in a long sock and then press and/or roll them between my back and a wall. I work on my trigger points two to three times per day.

One more thing that has helped me is sleeping flat on my back without a pillow. I also do neck and upper back stretches throughout the day. I breathe deep and slow, too, and try to relax my tight muscles.

I don't know exactly how these chemicals affected the muscles and fascia in our bodies, but I'd sure like to find out. I keep searching for that answer.

Anyway, do your best to cope and never give up! Time is the great healer.

Take care,

Callie

Lexapro: 2004-2010; Effexor XR 225 mg.: May 2010 - April 2017

Abilify 5 mg.: May 2010 - April 2017; Buspirone 60 mg.: 2004 - April 2017; Trazadone 100 mg.: 2004 - April 2017; Xanax: as needed; Fast taper

İ need help i think. Right now while trying to sleep my head started beating. Now i have left neck numbness and convulsions derealization shaking and cold a lot. What the hell is happening to me ?? Should i take starax SB??

smketdie:

You're experiencing withdrawal symptoms. I have the same ones plus some. They're scary and agonizing, I know. You will be okay though. Please trust in that.

I don't know what starax SB is, so I won't address that. An administrator or moderator can probably help answer that for you. Hopefully, one of them will see your post.

Hang in there,

Callie

Abilify 5 mg.: May 2010 - April 2017; Buspirone 60 mg.: 2004 - April 2017; Trazadone 100 mg.: 2004 - April 2017; Xanax: as needed; Fast taper

Hey @Callie hope you are well. You writing here makes me go in a good state. I was trying to post Atarax but in huge panic so couldnt post :).I did a research on what you said and will try those. I am also wondering what is happening and mb one day can go into them as ıam in Med school.  Everyday is a challenge but trying to stay as well as we can is the only thing I guess. Really thanks for your answers and encouragement.

My brain has been shaking like there isnothing. My head's left back is like being shocked. My.left eye is feeling weird. Iam getting nausea with that. I cannot work at all. My vision is shaking too. Man I need help. İ have been considering reinstatement. Can you please help ? Some guidance would be really sweet. 

• Mentor
On 10/12/2019 at 8:09 AM, Callie said:

don't know exactly how these chemicals affected the muscles and fascia in our bodies, but I'd sure like to find out. I keep searching for that answer.

Yes, I believe that as human knowledge advances in the space. They will realize that serotonin is used in alot of the bodily functions. I have odd muscle spasms that only started during withdrawals. I have also shed the skin on my body like a snake a few times during withdrawals. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

smketdie:

Go back up on this page to see what Sassenach posted to you on September 29. Some of it is here:

On 9/29/2019 at 12:54 PM, Sassenach said:

Please complete your drug signature by following the link below:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/settings/signature/

Include all drugs in the past 24months, an earlier ones can just be listed.

Complete in the following format:

Drug name / drug dose / dates taken ( if you cannot remember exactly, approximate dates will be ok)

Please include any supplements.

Whether you quit cold turkey or tapered.

I realise you have given some of this info above we need it in this format so any mod can see your history at a glance.

We are extremely busy on this site and need info quickly accessible.

The delay in replying was because we are so busy, not because you had done anything wrong.

Try to be as detailed as possible. I know how hard that is when you are suffering so terribly, but do the best you can. The administrators and moderators are the ones who can give you the best direction regarding reinstatement once they know your history.

Healing thoughts coming your way from me,

Callie

@smketdie I read your posts, i think you are totally the same like me; the feelings in head and problems with balance( you didn't talk about but I expect). Don't be scared, you will gradually feel improvemed. I know it is scaring but be ok, all withdrawals are weired and make us scared. No thing in your posts is out of  withdrawals from antidepressants.

• Administrator

Welcome, smk.

Your history shows that you have had a lot of drug switches, inconsistent use of drugs, mixing drugs, and cold turkeys.

What we see is that after a lot of adverse drug reactions and cold turkeys, the nervous system becomes hypersensitive to all psychiatric drugs and may react in odd ways to normal dosages.

It's unlikely you'll find a doctor who understands that you are currently suffering withdrawal syndrome or other long-term adverse effect from drugs. 

It's important that you treat your nervous system very gently in this condition -- no more drugs, alcohol, etc. If you don't upset your nervous system further, it will tend to very slowly and gradually correct itself.

What is your sleep schedule?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to smketdie: strange brain feelings all the time need help

@Altostrata Thanks a lot for writing. I can sleep ( I wake up at night but thats okay) despite all the problems. İt is something I do just to escape those feelings. I was unable to sleep at start but that improved.Now I can sleep 8-9 hours by forcing myself . I had bad reaction to magnesium so couldnt sleep yesterday. Would you reccomend reinstating as this is ongoing ? Now ıam getting  a lot of localized pain in my brain. I hope we all can get better.

• Administrator

Your sleep improving is a good sign. Symptoms may very gradually go away, you'll have to be patient.

Have you tried Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) ?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata I started  but my Fish oil has very low percentage of dha epa so Iwill change it into a better one. İt has been really painful . I cant focus on my lessons at all. My school is really hard so not being able to focus kills me.  İs Drinking occasionaly so bad? and  Alto so you are not reccomending reinstating in microdose right ?

• Administrator

Alcohol in any amount can make you feel a lot worse.

Fish oil may help the brain sensations.

You need to keep healthy habits to protect your sleep and help your body heal. I know it can be a struggle but do the best you can with your studies, the brain exercise will help.

Today was really bad. İ tried reading some philosophy books  Iam really interested in them. I couldnt.İ can feel my vessels beating in my head all the time.  Those head symptoms are due to withdrawal(hoping) but there arent any progress of them getting better. İam just sick of this. I cant read books I cant do anything I want. I know a lot of people are struggling but I would  really prefer another symptom to those. 

• Mentor
1 hour ago, smketdie said:

Today was really bad. İ tried reading some philosophy books  Iam really interested in them. I couldnt.İ can feel my vessels beating in my head all the time.  Those head symptoms are due to withdrawal(hoping) but there arent any progress of them getting better. İam just sick of this. I cant read books I cant do anything I want. I know a lot of people are struggling but I would  really prefer another symptom to those. 

It will get better. Are you referring to the constant pounding in your temples? I used to get those and it was really hard to think/read. Mine is around 90% gone....it does get better!!! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being fully healed! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

5 hours ago, smketdie said:

it is real that some symptomts are prefered to others but dont expect those others to be easier. you cant notice a rapid improvment, it will be gradual. iam like you, i have symptomts that make me not behave like the person i know about my self at all. every thing will be well for you, just wait and dont push.

sleep well, smktedie.

Thanks everyone..

İ think I will get my brain checked. Does anyone know  should I get mri ör smth else?

• 2 weeks later...

İ was miserable and have been a.lpt.more miserable lately my neck hurts I get hot sensations and now I have insomnia. I keep staying in a stste that.my mind keeps thinking and creates nonsense,scenarios. I talk to myself involuntarily. I cant stop this. I also got an attack after  flu few days ago. Head feelings persist. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Altostrata

Alto are these symptoms from wd ? Have you Heard of those ? My neck burns my spine burns my head squeezes all the time like it is concentrated. Pleas ehelp.

• Administrator

Please use search in our Symptoms and Self-Care forum for our many discussions of those symptoms.

I just cant believe these are constant. I just want relief for once. My head is going to explode. Why dont I have any Windows? I keep asking to myself. Misery makes  time longer even if its routinistic.That is one of the things I hate about life.

7 hours ago, smketdie said:

I just cant believe these are constant. I just want relief for once. My head is going to explode. Why dont I have any Windows? I keep asking to myself. Misery makes  time longer even if its routinistic.That is one of the things I hate about life.

Bruh you gone be fine . Just give it a month or two . I went through the same heal , it will get to a point you might feel like something is wrong with your posture but is going to get better . Not that I’m all good myself but I’m improving and it’s all coming like waves . I see this as a test and when We’re out of this messes we will be a better we ☺️ I’m also a chronic Canabis smoker but surely this will help quit altogether. And for the record my hands also breathes lol 😂. Hang in there buddy , you’re a warrior bruh . Do not panic . Fear makes it harder man . Bless you bro 

July 18 Risp 1/1mg day   on and of 12times didnt know it was the drug 

2m sep for 4 to September 9

Ct Sept 10 / RI 1mg Sept 15 to 16

went down to 0.5mg Sept 17/18 

CT sep 19 30mg whine drug estimate

tmj, brain zaps, itching, body pains, loud tinnitus, brain fog , tremors , body ,Td,deregulation , sleep issues due to loud tinnitus. Facial movements, clogged ear , choky , burning , discomfort,banging brain 

bruxism , teeth clenching, hedac/nerve p

İ have been seeing a neurologist. He keeps saying it is psychological. I went to others and they said it is psychological too.ı hate we say psychological to everything we dont know. Such stupid creatures we are. They give new drugs every time at high doses but the thing is I cant keep up with this feeling. İt doesnt get easier. I cant do anything. I focus on this  awful Constant physical feeling in my head all the time . 1 year is such a long time. İt is traumatic for me that my family gave those medications and now they keep saying İam whining stupidly to escape from my responsibilities. I cannot tell about them to anyone.  Lying in my bed all the time doesnt solve anything either. I am just existing.

I asked couple times about reinstatement. I have been considering it but in Turkey we font have liquid form. Can you please advise something? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I was prescribed amitriptyline. I did not take it. The feeling of electric bombs exploding is not passing. I know you do not suggest any new drugs to sensitized CNS but my  head is shaking that I cant keep up with life. No Windows nothing. İsnt 1 year a long time to see no improvement ? 

İt really gets repetitive after a while. I keep saying same things reading same things and the language not being my native is making it worse.