Kornyboyo1917: Remeron 15mg

Kornyboyo1917

Hi,

sorry to hear you are suffering so much. The reason u might be getting different opinions about ur situation is because no one really knows how a person will be under withdrawal or what effects an additional drug will have on them. In these two years being OFF benzodiazepines, have you seen any improvement at all? You mention there is another person going through the same in benzobuddies. How is this other person doing? Any techniques he/she is using to cope with it? I had ruminating thoughts while on Zoloft and what had helped me back then was when I realized they are just thoughts and can’t physically hurt me, let them be.   Please stay strong, this is hell on earth I know , but once we survive and go through this, we will be so happy and so strong ...

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

I found out that there was a manufacturer switch 8 days ago.  Apparently my dad (who does the measuring) didn't notice. Is this something I need to try and change. I'm really freaking out.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kornyboyo1917,

Are you noticing and changes in your symptoms right now.  I do note you saying that you are freaking out right now.  I think if your Dad is still accurately measuring your dose(s), I am hoping you should be just fine.  Maybe just some minor bumps to your symptoms.   Some will, if a change has not been good, ask if the original brand or maker of their drug is available.  If it's an insurance thing, where they might be substituting the cheapest brand, then often with a doctors consent, you can get them to supply your old brand.  This can vary though.  I think finding out from the pharmacy might be the first step.....as to why a change?  And then going from there if need be.

Maybe this will help:

And then, more here too:

Change in drug manufacturer or generic substituted for brand name drug

Would you: Please put your medication and tapering history into a signature to help us out.

Just follow the instructions in the ^ link

Thank you.  And hope you are doing okay, with some improvements.  Do tell.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 1 year later...

OId Member - struggling severely still

Hello, 

I was on this forum a couple of years ago, but since my offending medication was benzos, I wasn't on here much. 

My brief history: I had an adverse/kindling/rapid taper of clonazepam in November 2018. I developed acute/chronic mental symptoms such as high-speed racing thoughts, ruminating, obsessing, looping/stuck thoughts, intrusive thoughts/memories, hyperawareness OCD and 75+ other symptoms.

After about eight months off, I went into the psych ward and was put on Seroquel and Remeron 15mg. I took Seroquel for two weeks and stopped, but I have been trying to get off Remeron since. Briefly, in 2020 I took a rescue dose of Xanax, which made me much worse and landed me in the psych ward again and on Zyprexa for ten days. I ended up cold turkey Zyprexa and had severe akathisia withdrawals for a few months. 

This whole time my mental symptoms have changed thoughts/themes, and varied intensity but are constant and at a 10/10 at all times. I am stuck in my mind with intrusive thoughts in some form or another. This is strictly chemical, and nothing has helped so far.

I have managed to get down to 5.3mg of Remeron from 15mg, but in January 2022, I tried to cold turkey it. Within four days, I had life-threatening chronic pacing akathisia, which I didn't have before going on Remeron. I had to reinstate it. I am having trouble making micro-cuts on the Remeron without torso akathisia appearing. 

I don't know how to keep going like this. I KNOW I need to get off Remeron. I tried holding for long periods and kept getting more symptoms. 

Has anyone been in my situation and made it to the other side. I don't know many people this severe for this many years. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic
  • Moderator Emeritus

Please create your drug signature following these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

The staff are not able to assistance you until this is done.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

HeyKb1917,

Welcome. 

Signature for sure, as Ccat has indicated.

Go to the link and read and then put in your information.  I see the information needed, all laid out in your first post back.  Use pencil and paper first if needed, then type it in and SAVE.

I know it's difficult now.  Akathisia is no fun.

-akathisia-vs-restlessness-anxiety-agitation

/-tips-for-tapering-off-mirtazapine-remeron/

There are now FB groups too, when it comes to tapering single medications, so you might check to see if there is one for mirtazapine and that might prove helpful too.

And oh yes......many have been like you are now and made it to the other side.  Go to Success Stories.  Focus on those who have made it, rather than those who may still be in the trenches with many symptoms now.  That might help.

Wishing you well, or a good moment, or day.......

Okay, and best.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing