Passionlifetime: refused to live medicated years on antidepressents - Effexor

Passionlifetime

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Passionlifetime(Ptl),

Good try on the notes!

Can you set some kind of alarm to take your EffexorXR doses by?

It looks like you missed a dose completely yesterday, even though you had awakened briefly at noon.

Regular dosing is really important Ptl.  And until you can do that, I think it makes it hard for you to regain any stability.  When you skip a dose, then your levels of Effexor, go up and down, and take even longer to get to steady state.

At this point, if you get in the one dose of 150 mg at noon, and then move your nighttime dose, by an hour a day forward(last time I said "up" which might have confused you).  You had noted the nighttime dose of 75 mg at 7 or 8 pm.  So you would be moving that dose first to 6 pm, then to 5 pm, then to 4 pm, until you are taking both doses at noon.

I hope that makes sense.

I expect that some of your sleep problems, and even nightmares, and some of the past tripping might improve, once you can get to some really regular dosing.  Same dose, taken at same time, every day.

The steady state of the EffexorXR has been bumped around a lot lately, with you not only skipping doses completely, but taking them erratically as well.  I can only go over this so many times. 

And Ptl, you are not really tapering right now, you are HOLDING, while just moving one dose of your medication up to meet the other.

This is going to take some time to evaluate.  I mean at least a couple of weeks I think.  And then it's up to you to stay regular with dosing.

Are you spending too much time online, on this stuff.......I mean symptoms and negative energy?  If so, please take a break from that, and focus on coping, and what is going right.  I see walks and family time......those are positive.  And don't worry about your parental's worry so much.  We do that as parents......sometimes too much, worry about our kids.  I have a young man son, of 28, who is doing great now......and he hasn't always had clear sailing......yet, I realize now, that worry is way over-rated and useless really.  Imagine your future in a positive light......and sounds simple......but that helps......and it may be a very positive future.

So moving your pm dose forward, earlier in the day, by an hour each day(until you are taking it at noon, with your noon dose) is the one thing to work on now, while keeping notes too, and you are getting the hang on that.  Try for posting 24 hours at one time.  

I'd certainly like to continue to get Altostrata's input too, and the best way to do that is post the notes.  It might even take a week or more to see improvement, once you are at one time a day dosing.  Or......it may prove to be too much of a dose taken at once, and then maybe you could cut down a little bit or taper then, once dosing is once a day.  Or maybe a smaller split dose will work better.  Alto is more expert than I, that's for sure, in these things.  Just saying, so that you can post the objective data- your Notes, and work hard on some regular dosing patterns, even while you are moving the pm dose towards the noon dose.  And again be moving it earlier, like from 8pm to 7 pm to 6pm and so forth.

You had said:

On 12/5/2020 at 6:13 PM, Passionlifetime said:

I talked about you to my psychiatrist and he got angry and

I talked about my psychiatrist to you guys and you guys offended

On 12/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, Passionlifetime said:

he said that If I leave meds this time than I should not come to him again because nothing more he can do and as per him I have to be on meds all life.

This is very discouraging, so I am not planning to increase my dose or visit the doc again, I want to settle in my work and marriage then I want to taper.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, Passionlifetime said:

I cant, not financially,not I trust any doc more then him because once I was in deep deep trouble initially as one private practitioner put me on several drugs whenever I made complaint(you can check in signature). this one is from TOP Indian govt hospital AIIMS in New Delhi, free of cost, I dont think I can able to find anyone better then him.its been 8 years as I am taking treatment by him. As per him the chances of me stopping a meds is less then 30% and less specially as I am on them much longer time.

Again, no one is offended.  Frustrated might be the more appropriate word to use.   I don't know why your psychiatrist is angry.  Maybe if you approach them next, with that you would rather just work with the medication you are on, and that you hope to perhaps minimize the dose, and maintain on a lower dose.  That's what I'd do.  You don't have to preach tapering or no-drugs to someone, who just is not in that choir.  And it sounds like you will need a prescriber, going forward, so you don't get cut off completely from VenlorXR.  General doctors can prescribe this stuff too.  Just something to keep in mind. 

And it is unlikely that the settling into work and marriage is going to come as quickly as you'd like.  Perhaps work on getting back to work first?  I know there is a lot that goes into a job search, at least in the U.S. there is.  You could be working on a resume now, or seeing what is out there for jobs.

I did see what you shared on the mirtazapine.  And if you want to work with adding more meds, and especially dangerous combinations of meds, then that is up to you.  Information like that you shared usually comes from small studies, for marketing purposes only, and they are short term and......as you know.......I think you do, medications are not long lasting antidotes for all of life's difficulties.  And I am not discounting your suffering here.  I hear it Ptl.  I know it is tough.  Looks like you have also had to adapt to drug changes, and previous WD's.  It's not easy.  It can seem endless waiting for the natural homeostasis of the nervous system to return .

So, continue with notes please.  And just focus on getting some stability to your dosing going now.  You were doing okay when you came back here and you will be doing okay again.  Fingers crossed, sending support and encouragement.

Rule of 3KI's: keep it simple, slow, stable

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
spelling, additional

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator
On 12/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, Passionlifetime said:

8 p.m. woke up at 8 pm , no energy , took  75mg venlor xr

I do not understand what you're doing. We have been suggesting you move this earlier in the day, by one hour per day. Such as 7 p.m. then 6 p.m., then 5 p.m., then 4 p.m. and so on.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I do not understand what you're doing. We have been suggesting you move this earlier in the day, by one hour per day. Such as 7 p.m. then 6 p.m., then 5 p.m., then 4 p.m. and so on.

i ll be back , when I ll achieve this..till then bye.

2008-2012-> paroxetine37.5mg,fluxetine 60mg(prozac),fluvoxamine 200mg(luvox cr),citalopram,escitalopram oxalate 10mg(cipradep),Clonazepam 0.5mg(clonotril)->4 years****2012-2013->escitalopram (Feliz-s20mg),escitalopram oxalate 10mg(cipradep),Risperidone 0.5mg->1 year****Aug 2013-nov2014->Venlor xr (effexor) 37.5mg morning and 75mg evening,clonotril0.5mg->1 year 3 month****nov2014-apr2016->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg twice a day->1 year 5 month****apr2016-jun2016->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg morning and 75mg evening->5 month****jun2017-jan2019->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg twice a day->1 year 5 month****jan 2019-jun2019->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg morning and 75mg evening->6 month->(extreme stress, job loss, relationships-3)******jun2019-Oct2019->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg twice a day->5 month->withdrawal effect*******

Oct2019 first week->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg once a day ->1 month->extreme withdrawal effect*****26-oct-2019- 2-dec-2019 reinstate ->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg morning and 75mg evening->1 month->some relief*****2-dec-2019 reinstate ->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg morning and 75mg evening->12 month->more relief , extreme stress caa/nrc/riots/corona lockdown/mike and dipen site/nida marriage*****26-dec-2020->Venlor xr (effexor) 225mg Noon->3 month->better sleep******

20-mar-2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg Noon->1 month->reduce because cupping better sleep *****

27-apr-2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 225mg Noon->1 month->got energy bck

07-jun-2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 225mg Noon->1 month->too much fat gain

07-jul-2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg Noon & vilazodone 20mg night->little at reduced, feeling light from inside.----1 month

29-jul-2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg morning & vilazodone 20mg noon->improved more-----2months

sep 2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg morning(alternate days) & vilazodone 20mg noon->improved more-> in just 10 days effects visible , alternate wont work.

On sep 2021 Total time on:-

initial diff meds:- 4years

venlafaxine:-8yrs+

vilozodone:- 3months+

On 12/12/2020 at 5:48 AM, Altostrata said:

Quick Question,

How many days venlorXR in system will take to reach the steady state ?

By above method it looks in a week it can be done.

The more I am going earlier for my eve dose , the more I am feeling sharp pain on left side on head(feels like a nerve paining around 1 inch) and in morning it pains badly as soon as I took med the pain go away in approx 1 hr.

Now I am dosing 

morning - 12am

evening - 7pm

Two symptoms still there

shivering starts anytime and go anytime ,deep inside body mostly lower body.

tinnitus

On 12/12/2020 at 2:46 AM, manymoretodays said:

Are you spending too much time online, on this stuff.......I mean symptoms and negative energy? 

No, I educated in computer science so apart from sleep ,walks and family time , for work I have computer only, I have some plan for my job , work and enjoy online, by this way lots of time spent on computers anyhow. Though I stopped many things already like too much news, social media completely,Movies. music,

On computers what I do now are:-

work related things

youtube vedios

some news

On 12/12/2020 at 2:46 AM, manymoretodays said:

I did see what you shared on the mirtazapine. 

I am not starting any meds as for now, I deeply wish I can HOLD now and CAN taper later safely.I really want to come out of it, I feel that I have lost much strength in my body overall.

Does antidepressent cause muscle loss also? I am having thin arms and it takes more time then previous to grow arms after pushups.

2008-2012-> paroxetine37.5mg,fluxetine 60mg(prozac),fluvoxamine 200mg(luvox cr),citalopram,escitalopram oxalate 10mg(cipradep),Clonazepam 0.5mg(clonotril)->4 years****2012-2013->escitalopram (Feliz-s20mg),escitalopram oxalate 10mg(cipradep),Risperidone 0.5mg->1 year****Aug 2013-nov2014->Venlor xr (effexor) 37.5mg morning and 75mg evening,clonotril0.5mg->1 year 3 month****nov2014-apr2016->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg twice a day->1 year 5 month****apr2016-jun2016->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg morning and 75mg evening->5 month****jun2017-jan2019->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg twice a day->1 year 5 month****jan 2019-jun2019->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg morning and 75mg evening->6 month->(extreme stress, job loss, relationships-3)******jun2019-Oct2019->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg twice a day->5 month->withdrawal effect*******

Oct2019 first week->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg once a day ->1 month->extreme withdrawal effect*****26-oct-2019- 2-dec-2019 reinstate ->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg morning and 75mg evening->1 month->some relief*****2-dec-2019 reinstate ->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg morning and 75mg evening->12 month->more relief , extreme stress caa/nrc/riots/corona lockdown/mike and dipen site/nida marriage*****26-dec-2020->Venlor xr (effexor) 225mg Noon->3 month->better sleep******

20-mar-2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg Noon->1 month->reduce because cupping better sleep *****

07-jul-2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 150mg Noon & vilazodone 20mg night->little at reduced, feeling light from inside.----1 month

29-jul-2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg morning & vilazodone 20mg noon->improved more-----2months

sep 2021->Venlor xr (effexor) 75mg morning(alternate days) & vilazodone 20mg noon->improved more-> in just 10 days effects visible , alternate wont work.

• Administrator

We are advising you to move the drug gradually so you won't feel the changes. Once you are taking your doses earlier on a regular schedule, it will take at least 4 days for a dosage change to fully take effect. If the venlafaxine is interfering with your sleep, the effect may get less as you move the drug earlier.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, Passionlifetime said:

Two symptoms still there

shivering starts anytime and go anytime ,deep inside body mostly lower body.

tinnitus

On computers what I do now are:-

work related things

youtube vedios

some news

Does antidepressent cause muscle loss also? I am having thin arms and it takes more time then previous to grow arms after pushups.

Hi Passionlifetime,

Okay good that you are doing work related things.  I would think that music and some movies might help, or give you some comfort now.

And I'll just offer up a few links, and hope that you might want to see what you can find as well, as far as your symptoms go.  You have had a lot of drug changes, and some WD going on, even before you arrived here.  And usually when we talk about symptoms here, we often refer to WD symptoms.  You can check at Drugs.com on any drug and get a good idea of the myriad of s.e.'s that can occur with any particular drug too. 

Symptoms like shivering and tinnitis are fairly common around here.  I just pulled some links on muscle loss, and weakness for you.  You can search on your browser for the other symptoms here just by putting in survivingantidepressants.org followed by the symptom or topic you might wish to view.  You'll get topics, and then some member introductions that have the symptoms listed to look at that way.

Asthenia: Weakness, muscle fatigue in legs, arms, or body

Exercise....Do more, do less, do nothing. What worked for you?

I did see a couple posts ^ discussing some muscle loss or wasting, and I experienced a little bit of that both while on meds and then in WD as well.  And it's good to get some exercise, just listen to your body, on what you can tolerate.  With me, honestly I think most of my muscle mass improved, as I began to get active once again.  I did, and do, pace myself though with the various things I do for exercise.  And of course, I'm a bit older, I suspect than you, and have come to accept many of the things that gradually happen as one ages too. 

So hoping some of that is helpful.

And we'll see you when you update again, I think.

Best PLT.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

@manymoretodays

what about ketamine infusions?
Can we use it as treatment option and getting rid of depression and medication both?

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics where different subjects are discussed.  Use a search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

There is a topic about ketamine.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

@manymoretodays @Altostrata 

Hi Guys,

Done with the single dosing at noon around 1pm everyday, It took around 12 days to fully settle that what I feel now.

sleep is improved at night, No waking up in between ,  and able to sleep easy then before.

Thank you 

• Administrator

Good to hear. What is your current drug schedule?

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/25/2020 at 11:47 AM, Passionlifetime said:

Done with the single dosing at noon around 1pm everyday, It took around 12 days to fully settle that what I feel now.

sleep is improved at night, No waking up in between ,  and able to sleep easy then before.

Hi Plt,

Give us a bit more please.

Are you taking 150 mg and 75 mg of VenlorXR(effexor) now at noon to 1 pm every day now?

For a total of 225 mg/day?

I'm glad sleep is improved.

Just try one, notes again, with the time on the left, and then you medication(s) on the right by name and dose.

Then keep going with times on the left, and on the right what you feel now, throughout the day as far as any positives or any symptoms like anxiety/fears and depression/lows.  Note what you feel now.  Also note on the right any supplements, activities, sleep.

And as far as the ketamine goes, I wouldn't, if it were me.  I think they'd pull you rapidly off the VenlorXR first too.  And then I wouldn't think it would offer much more than temporary relief and then you might be back battling the same difficulties.  It's an anesthetic type drug.  And I think with patience, and time, you'll go further towards what you are so hoping for, without it.  I do.

Thank you for updating.  And hope this finds you well enough and improving all the time.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

On 12/27/2020 at 6:35 AM, manymoretodays said:

For a total of 225 mg/day?

yes

On 12/27/2020 at 6:35 AM, manymoretodays said:

Then keep going with times on the left, and on the right what you feel now, throughout the day as far as any positives or any symptoms like anxiety/fears and depression/lows.  Note what you feel now.  Also note on the right any supplements, activities, sleep.

I cannot do this, its micro detailing of what I am doing every hour of my life.I hope u understand.

can u tell me how many years you are on AD'S ? and after tapering how many years have passed when you feel recovered ?and how much percentage you recovered?

what to do about asthenia aka muscle loss in arms and thighs , which are difficult to recover after physical exertion.

will it get better as I taper or worse?

chronic fatigue is my major issue now, I got tired so easily and even rest makes it difficult to recover. 

I am feeling to give up on this and thought many times to start some medicines for all the symptoms.

any suggestions or hope?

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, Passionlifetime said:

I cannot do this, its micro detailing of what I am doing every hour of my life.I hope u understand.

can u tell me how many years you are on AD'S ? and after tapering how many years have passed when you feel recovered ?and how much percentage you recovered?

what to do about asthenia aka muscle loss in arms and thighs , which are difficult to recover after physical exertion.

will it get better as I taper or worse?

chronic fatigue is my major issue now, I got tired so easily and even rest makes it difficult to recover. 

I am feeling to give up on this and thought many times to start some medicines for all the symptoms.

any suggestions or hope?

Hi Ptl,

With me it was about 30 years and 30 medications.  Sometimes a couple of those medications at one time.  And so many CT's or rapid tapers, and then drug switches, and additions to what I was on.

Not all of my drugs were AD's, some were from other drug classes.

I'm now just past year 4 off, after tapering the last one.  I think as my understanding of what had happened to me, and knowledge grew......I really began seeing incremental improvements within the first 6 months.  Just recently, feeling healed enough, and enough like my old self(plus new)that I don't even think as much in terms of WD anymore, when stuff comes up.  Of course, I do expect even more healing in the future.  And I do stay aware that I may be more sensitive to substances now.  And pay heed.  I let my limited providers of health care in on this too, briefly usually.  It took a lot of practice to get brief.  And clear. B)

However, that is me.  And you are you.

If it is difficult to recover after physical exertion, just for now, you may need to exert yourself less......so that you don't feel as fatigued.  I think the muscle loss will improve too, with time.

What is your diet like?

I can relate to having had some bouts of fatigue along the way.  And have very much had to learn just how to pace myself.  And to pay attention to when too much is just too much.  At those times, I need to pause, and sometimes step back, and even sometimes have had to say no.......to a request, or an opportunity, or something social, or even to someone else in need.  More often though, I do feel better, get out of my own head, and do just fine with saying yes to a whole lot more than I was able to initially.

And so for you, these are early days.  Self care is important.  It is also hard to learn Self Care for some of us.  It doesn't have to be selfish.  Not at all.  It sometimes requires examining one's own priorities, and then possible adjusting those.  For me......it's been, don't compare so much with others,  I've had to stop people pleasing behaviors(that was a biggie for me),  I've had to look at my own values and truths and not only say what I say, but do it too.  I've been great at talking the talk, but then noticed I wasn't always living it.  And oh my, patience, time, believing in my resilience in the toughest phases has helped so much.

Again though, that's me.  You may differ.

Well, if you can just stay stable now.......with same dose, taken at the same time, for several weeks, and some months now.  I think you might be in a good place to taper later.  The NOTES don't at all need to be an experience of "micro-detailing" of every minute of your life.......oh my gosh.  The value comes in noting what helps, what doesn't and learning to listen to and hear what your body is telling you in response to this or that.  And then, especially if/when making changes or additions.........you will know if it helps or hinders.  And then for us to try and get a picture, objectively, they are invaluable.

Anyway......to each their own I suppose.  I use a block calendar to note things and notice trends.  And I use color too.  To note feeling.  And I journal regularly, and creatively.  And love to do creative things as well.  Music, drawing, poetry writing, dance, etc. 

And so I hope you have or find a creative expressive outlet too.

And woah.

Keep going Plt.  My own relationship to these yucko drugs has finally ended......or so I believe, now.  It didn't happen overnight though.  It does happen.  

Don't lose faith now in your own healing capacity.

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

30 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Don't lose faith now in your own healing capacity.

yeah, long journey of urs, well,

below are the symtoms still persisting more or less for me:-

weight gain despite eating very less

sexual issues-decreased desires 

fatigue

Weak muscles

Insomnia

Memory and attention deficit

Daytime sleepiness

losing my train of thought

Heartache 

Right kidney side heavy

I cant take it anymore now to live at home doing nothing, this is no healing if I cant function and with above symptoms, its been about 2 years now that I am home bound, My career is getting destroyed, I have not achieved anything in life and I am not comparing with anyone else, there are few things which really wanted to achieve and I am losing my time for that.its not same in India , ageism is a big thing here in IT world. there is some time window. some years gap and noone will give u a job. 

so I have researched others AD's found that In order to get some more productive years I feel that I should have to be on combination of AD's and I found one which give least side effects and can significantly improve above side effects which is wellbutrin , I am thinking to get a prescription for the same because i am very desperate to go out and work and to provide for my family.

parents are retired 

one sis divorced and his son in our home

one younger brother and since last 3 years he also fall in to psychosis and now on olanzapine and venlor xr and still not recovered.

there is no earning left for my family.

I HAVE TO go out and work , even at the cost of destroying my body, I am in IT can earn much in short amount of time only If I can go out and work. which req so much physical and mental energy.

I think once I retire after few years then I might start taper or even in between when I am working stable.

whats your asl and profession?you havnt told me yet.

Regards

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh Plt,  if it's more drugs you are after, I think you might want another site to discuss that on.  I mean really, I do.  If you keep circling back to that, as a solution. 

We are here for support around tapering and WD. 

I'll just say......don't do it.  It sure messed things up for me.  I just kept believing my doctors, what they told me.  And often found them not really listening to me.  Like when I had obvious adverse effects.  Or when they did not notice WD going on, while they re-diagnosed me, and medicated me, often overmedicated me.  We've survived, I mean my family and friends and somehow I don't live in angst anymore......thank goodness. 

And me, I've been in a bit of a transitional period Plt.  LOL, a long one.  B)

What's asl stand for?

And really, really do like my privacy too.  I mean online and all. 

I'm hoping to get my Success Story written soon though, and you are welcome to plod on through my Introduction, if you want to.

Time.  Not enough time most days, for everything.  Working on balance, the right balance on a daily basis now.

Best.  I mean that Plt.  I do wish the best for you.

(and I so hope I don't sound like a doctor.......I just can't do unlimited support myself here......however, I do care, very much so)

Edited by manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

And hey again.  Thank you for sharing your present circumstance.  Are you obligated to continue to live at home?  I just wonder if a change might help.  And the problem with trying all sorts of medications now or adding is that it may not help or might make things worse.  Please at least use Drugs.com always.  To check drugs out and also interactions.  And very sorry to hear it is so hard for many of your family now as well.  Apologies for sounding so short.  I hope you can find additional support in members here too.  Best.  L, p, h, and g.  mmt

@manymoretodaysthank you so much . you have been really really full of support. I will keep using drugs.com thats one of the best things I find so that, at least I can be preventive from obvious side effects , just like I decided not to take mirtazapine for its very obvious weight gain side effect. so awareness is precious.

Iits ok not replying everytime I post here until I specifically ask you because I post because I will keep posting here just for the sake of my rememberance its like a med diary for me.

I am glad , you overcome your ordeal and about to write your success story.may be one day I will to if Almighty wills.

Whenever I need ur help for TAPERING then I ll ASK . Apart from that pls allow me to post here for myself.

Thank you so much once again.May God be with all who are suffering.

Allah hafiz.

• 3 months later...

I have tried wellbutrin xl 150mg for 3 weeks - no effects on anything just feeling pressure in prefrontal cortex.

Tried doxepin for sleep for 1 day -not worked 

Asked pain meds from doc -not given as it will not work other then periphery 

Tried mirtazapine 7.5mg for sleep .its amazing whenever I need to sleep in an hour this med do the trick and save me next day.so I m taking this only sos basis. 

Reduced my 225mg venlafaxine to 150mg last week and still not much issue. Rather I felt better.

Felt pain on left side of head first time normally it's on the right side and tingling on arms and legs which was not there. It seems clearly to me that my disease is increasing or the side effects of meds increasing.

I started taper again this time carefully. Now will wait for 12 weeks at least plus no withdrawal for another taper.

I am sure this med done lot much harm to my body over the years and I must have started taper after first remission but due to fear no one allowed in in family and doctor, now when I lost almost everything that I could have at 33 now they gave me permission to do whatever I want because I am not functional from 2019 and at home since.so everyone is saying .do whatever you wish for ur meds or marriage but at least start living.

In the hope with Almighty I am starting again the taper and life .

Living on psychiatric medicines is not worth living but there is a way to achieve health. I ll go there and achieve it if Almighty permits.

But I am not giving in to live life on these medications all my life.

I understand that these are necessary initially when someone is out of mind but it has to stop at certain time .

• 2 weeks later...

In 3 weeks, I am able to feel the reduced dose effects, tightness on top of head and energy getting low and getting tired easily.

• 2 weeks later...

The reduced dose effects are become prominent now,

cupping therapy give much much relief but I have specifically reduced in 

focus and attention

no satisfaction after decision , need to redo the process of decision making again and again , kind of ocd.

so much fear and hopelessness

so I have updosed back to 225mg again today.

• 3 weeks later...

3weeks after updose, its getting improved.

fear and hopelessness getting reduced+

focus and attention improved+

no satisfaction after decision , need to redo the process of decision making again and again , kind of ocd. not tried - 0

very less physical energy,no libido, 

CORONA is wreaking havoc.

Hello @Passionlifetime,

i would think about making smaller reductions. Should be much more manageble.

Wish you all the best, we will get trough this!

Greetings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021 IMPORTANT WITHDRAWAL SURVEY, PLEASE PARTICIPATE: https://uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0AR9IsQ61jsiXBk

2022 IMPORTANT WITHDRAWAL SURVEY, PLEASE PARTICIPATE: https://uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0AR9IsQ61jsiXBk

non-native speaker of english

2020: 3-March -> started Mirtazapine 15mg;

3-March to 6-April -> approx. cutting to 0 mg; 6-April to 20-April -> ~ 7,5 mg; 21-April to 31-April -> 15 mg; 1-May to 13-May -> ~ 10 mg (approx.); 15-May to 19-July -> 15 mg (psychosomatic clinic) 19-July -> started taper (scale and file) 14 mg (-6,6%); 08-August -> 12 mg (-14,3 %); 27-August -> 10 mg (-16,6 %); 15-September -> 8 mg (-20 %, bad idea, heavy WD); 23-September -> 10.2 mg (+20 %, 102 mgpw)

2021: 12-April to 12-May -> crossover from solid pill to DIY liquid (water only), 10.2 mg, not stable; 10-September -> back to crushing and weighing, still 10.2 mg (102 mgpw)

2022: 13-March -> changed to DIY liquid with suspension vehicle, 10.2 mg

Supplements: 1 x ~125 mg magnesiumbiglycinate before bed, low histamine diet

• 2 weeks later...

4 weeks after updose, more improvement

fear and hopelessness getting reduced+

focus and attention improved+

Energy improving 

no satisfaction after decision , need to redo the process of decision making again and again , kind of ocd. not tried - 0

no libido, 

Kind of getting back into real world again,

news is giving so much anxiety-> reducing news and social media to minimum.

I have seen it , I cant taper medicine and I will not, I have lost so much dont want to lose more, with meds or without doesnt matter.

• 1 month later...

9weeks after updose to 225mg and 1 month of adding dopamine agonist primarol 0.125mg

side effect of weight gain /fat gain is too much ....feeling no metabolism and that body feels so heavy .

I feel stuck reducing meds brain is not working properly

updosing meds body is not working properly 

its a dead lock.

I have reduced again to 150mg today.

extremely extremely hopeless because I dont know what path to choose. both path have suffering.

Visited doc and I asked him to switch meds for unbearable side effects , he suggested nortriptyline but I asked him to consider vilazodone and he agreed. so Now I am doing a cross taper from venlafaxine to vilazodone, initial 2 weeks to 20mg then to 40mg.

I started on wednesday 7th july 21,  and reduced venlor to 150mg/day

• 3 weeks later...

Reduced venlor to 75mg/day.

feeling better and better only....

• 4 weeks later...

In last week reduced venlor to 37.5mg and increased  vilazodone to 30mg.

I feel the effect of withdrawal from venlor , i think have to go slow , patience.

now going on combination of 

20mg vilazodone +75mg venlor for at least 3 months.

once I get job then I will reduce venlor again , I dont want venlafaxine in my system...

it caused asthenia the biggest issue which is remaining with me right now.....

On 8/24/2021 at 2:27 PM, Passionlifetime said:

In last week reduced venlor to 37.5mg and increased  vilazodone to 30mg.

I feel the effect of withdrawal from venlor , i think have to go slow , patience.

now going on combination of 

20mg vilazodone +75mg venlor for at least 3 months.

once I get job then I will reduce venlor again , I dont want venlafaxine in my system...

it caused asthenia the biggest issue which is remaining with me right now.....

Hi,

I noticed you said you have tinnitus as a symptom. Was it induced by venlafaxine? I have had tinnitus for 6 months after stopping desvenlafaxine Pristiiq 50mg and I took it for 1 month and noticed my ears ringing and I was dizzy. I hope it is not ototoxicity I am working desperately to recover from what ever that drug did to me. I do not feel the same and my ears ring constantly. I hope it is not permanent. I've been have very bad anxiety and depression because of tinnitus. 

I'm not sure if I am in withdrawal but I have never had such bad anxiety and I've never had tinnitus in my life. It was Pristiq that broke me and now I feel ruined. 

November 11th 2020 - Pristiq 50mg

November 25th 2020- Cold Turkey 

February 28th 2021- Pristiq 50mg 

March 25 2021 Cold Turkey 

Pristiq Caused Permanent tinnitus from brain damage. 

Constant severe tinnitus for 9 months straight.

All from taking pristiq for 24 days. 

On 8/27/2021 at 9:13 AM, Jayy said:

I hope it is not permanent. I've been have very bad anxiety and depression because of tinnitus. 

Do not take venlafaxine , it is very very strong drug , it definately helps in one part but destroys other systems of body.

try Vilozodone , its a newer drug for some time and stops slowly....

i developed tinnitus long , a decade back , I dont remeber exactly that it was because of venlafaxine or other antidepressent or because of my depression..

My reason of developing mental illness was what I believe,

Extreme stress over existential question at that time 

masturbation and porn consumption.

then , these antidepressents and me are playing with each other since more than 10years.

PS:-its not a medical advice just personal opinion. please consult appropriate medical practitioner before taking any medicine.

@Passionlifetime-- please don't directly recommend drugs to treat symptoms, it is against site policies. It is fine to relate you personal experiences with a particular drug, but not to make recommendations.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

6 hours ago, Passionlifetime said:

Do not take venlafaxine , it is very very strong drug , it definately helps in one part but destroys other systems of body.

try Vilozodone , its a newer drug for some time and stops slowly....

i developed tinnitus long , a decade back , I dont remeber exactly that it was because of venlafaxine or other antidepressent or because of my depression..

My reason of developing mental illness was what I believe,

Extreme stress over existential question at that time 

masturbation and porn consumption.

then , these antidepressents and me are playing with each other since more than 10years.

PS:-its not a medical advice just personal opinion. please consult appropriate medical practitioner before taking any medicine.

I knew it was too strong. I told my doctor that i couldn't handle SSRIs, and then she prescribed me something even stronger an SNRI, and not even at the lowest dose. I told that dumb b**** that I was sensitive, I could have probably gotten by with 25mg until I hated the side affects which I did even within a week. But she prescribed me 50mg. I hate her, I hate me even more for ever thinking that a antidepressant would help. It just ruined me and damaged my brain. Now I have a high pitch ringing in my head. This morning I woke up and had a very intense high pitch ring in my left ear that made me jump. It was very scary and I almost felt like I went deaf in that ear. This happens almost everyday, but that was the loudest I ever heard. AND ITS BEEN 7 MONTHS SINCE. I am permanently damaged, and I am very angry. I hate my life so much more than ever before. 

19 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

@Passionlifetime-- please don't directly recommend drugs to treat symptoms, it is against site policies. It is fine to relate you personal experiences with a particular drug, but not to make recommendations.

ok, will take care of that...

how much percentage do you think you have healed?

That is really a tough question to answer. I was drugged for a total of 23 years and went through a lot of major life experiences in that time. It is quite difficult to remember small details of how I felt before hand. In general I'm doing quite fine. I am very active but tire easily. My concentration isn't what I think it should be, but all my life I've carried my "paper brain" so I could remember things. I've always had trouble finding my words in conversation, so no change there. I'm able to feel a full range of emotions, but often don't really care. Life can be quite difficult, but the more you see of it the less it bothers you.

For the most part I'm in a much better place mentally than I was before hand. But I will chalk that up to many years of maturing, studying spirituality and learning about/experiencing life. It's been 28 years since I first took Paxil. In that time I've been through a lot. Two careers, making, losing and remaking a lot of money, making and losing a lot of friends. Traveling the world and being confined to my house. Even without the experience of taking and withdrawing from Paxil there is no way that I could possibly be the same person I was when this all started.

Physically I'm the same way. I couldn't possibly attempt to do the things I use to do. I no longer have the strength and flexibility and would injure myself quite badly if I tried. I not happy about the condition I'm in, but I still run circles around friends 15 years younger than myself and do almost anything I set out to do.

So there really is no way to say "I'm 95% recovered". I do know that things are still improving since I jumped to "0" several years ago, and probably will for a while. But I'm getting older and that has it's adverse effects. It comes down to "I'm where I should be, given all the things I done and been through". With that I am content, and contentment is the key to life.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

20 hours ago, Jayy said:

I am permanently damaged, and I am very angry. I hate my life so much more than ever before. 

Bro, please dont say this, I know how much bad it is  and everyone on this forum knows this. 

Today one Indian Actor of 40 yrs old , famous, fit with six packs, died in morning with sudden heart attack. 

This life is temporary for everyone , we need to give our best. trust the process. 

we all want best from our life s , but life is very different. its not all good no bad, everyone have some kind of bad with them , I believe for us its this mental illness. so try try until you die.

I am in a same boat, experts here can give you much better advice then me, I am following my own way , though I learnt a lot from here and with experience , my most basic mantra in tapering is trusting my body.

what else can I say, just dont lose hope and give your best , other then that nothing helps.

May god help you.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, Passionlifetime said:

Bro, please dont say this, I know how much bad it is  and everyone on this forum knows this. 

Today one Indian Actor of 40 yrs old , famous, fit with six packs, died in morning with sudden heart attack. 

This life is temporary for everyone , we need to give our best. trust the process. 

we all want best from our life s , but life is very different. its not all good no bad, everyone have some kind of bad with them , I believe for us its this mental illness. so try try until you die.

I am in a same boat, experts here can give you much better advice then me, I am following my own way , though I learnt a lot from here and with experience , my most basic mantra in tapering is trusting my body.

what else can I say, just dont lose hope and give your best , other then that nothing helps.

May god help you.

I don't really care about an Indian actor. I'm sure he enjoyed life much more than I ever had.

I am giving up. The tinnitus is permanent. I took pristiq for 2 weeks and quit because I didn't like it, I suffered 0, ZERO, NO WITHDRAWAL, I never developed tinnitus within those 2 weeks. Then I said I would try it again because I am always so sad and depressed, I've hated my life for 15 years, I hate every minute of my worthless lonely pathetic life. So i went on vacation to visit my brother, and I started to take pristq, and i took it for 24 days, I developed tinnitus around day 15. I didnt't know what it was and I didn't think that it was causing permanent damage.  I quit on day 24 and I regret even taking the pills with me, I wish to god I would have forgot them before I left, But I didn't, I took them, and now I have to suffer for the rest of my life with a muffled hearing and a constant buzz sound behind ever scene of my life. My brain feels sick, I do not want a ringing brain, I hate my brain and it does not even feel like I am myself, in constant agony because my head WILL NOT STOP RINGING. 

Now 7 months into my ringing head, I can not take it. I am angry everyday, I hate my life and I hate every person I see enjoying their life. 7 months has shown me that the damage was done, there is no hope for the tinnitus to stop. It severely damaged my hearing and I am furious that I took the drug and have no hope of it going away. No one can help me, there is nothing anyone can do, and no one even cares because its not cancer. Its physically and mental torture everyday.  I have absolutely nothing to live for, and their is no happiness in my life now or in the future, I an broken everyday  by the fact that my life is passing me by because of my choices to take a drug that never helped and permanently damaged me. I  hate my ******* life.

one thing I learned from my 33yrs of existence is that , cursing ourselves , whining , complaining etc....WILL NOT HELP.

Trust me I do understand what you are going through now because along with tinnitus I have been bearing hundreds of other symptoms , many of those cause by the medications specifically venlafaxine, which you took.

I am

unemployed after having a degree in engineering. 

unmarried because unable to work.

health destroyed.

but I am not giving up on life, because I have seen improvements many times and I want as much as good health possible and all those happiness.

you will too can get all those. patience and persistence and trust in God.

giving up in life is not a solution AT ALL. it will not DECREASE your problems it will only INCREASE it, for you and more for your loved ones.

only WAITING also is not a solution , you need to take one or the other actions along with waiting.

what action that would be , best decided by you or some expert.

my advice either you ask the moderators or what I feel that you might need some diff medication for some time which can reverse this because I remember I had developed serious tinnitus and when I reduced my medicine in past upto 70% then the tinnitus started again.

means I was taking total 225mg of ven

when I reduced 150mg and 75mg remains then tinnitus started then I updose again to 150mg and tinnitus stopped now I am again on 75mg but with 20 mg of other medicine i.e viibryd and this time i dont have tinnitus.doctor asked me to updose till 40mg but i refused and continuing and and experimenting and taking 75mg of ven every alternate day because I feel that continious taking of ven increased too much after a week in concetration in body.

I am going on the words of 

TRUST MY BODY more then doctor.

MINIMUM MEDICINE and continue reducing until finally reach zero.

I know this is very very tough time for you because your symptom is severe at this time.

I can suggest one more thing you can try and see the result .......NO FAP ON PMO HARD MORD. 

best of luck and take care bro.