Sign in to follow this  
FleeingFluoxetine

Neuro-rage question

FleeingFluoxetine

Hey, all. I’m wondering if this might be a neuro-rage thing. 

For the past two days, every time I see my mother I start to scream at her. This is completely uncharacteristic of me, but I’m saying things I haven’t been able to say for the past thirty years because I’ve been trapped by the meds. Now that the jail cell is starting to open, I’m finally standing up for myself. 

My anger is off the charts. I’m still on 50 mg of Seroquel and I’m getting off the rest, but I’m wondering if this could be caused by the med reduction. Yesterday I was seething. I was yelling and crying at her through clenched teeth and I pounded the kitchen table so many times that my hands are bruised. 

In my 44 years of life, I’ll never expressed or felt anger like this before. 

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else getting off meds?

The thing is, I don’t regret it. I’m finally standing up for myself after three decades of emotional abuse. I’m just surprised at the ferocity of it. 

Glosmom

My sweet daughter who never used to yell at anyone, has yelled at me, her dad, her brother and sisters, Taylor Swift and the kitchen sink ALOT since tapering the antipsychotic and jumping to zero.  Seems her memories from times in the past have been stirred up as well.   So I am sure there were times in her life (she is 23 and mentally handicapped...but none the less...has a life) where she was mad at her parents and siblings about things.  I like to think she was raised in a loving home, but sometimes she had chores to do or got told, "no" a time or two.  But as she recalls these events OR as she has emotionally spirals, her emotions are WAY more intense than they ever were.  Things are getting better and she is also learning to laugh and be happy again, but yes...I believe she is feeling all her emotions with a lot more intensity...due to withdrawals.

Glad you don't regret it.  I am happy to have talks with my daughter (and listen to her) about all she is angry about as many times as she needs it.  I just want her to heal and be happy again one day.

Wishing you continued healing and peaceful days, Glosmom

FleeingFluoxetine

What did Taylor Swift do? :)

Thanks for the reply. It’s nice to know people are out there who are going through this. 

I don’t necessarily know that it’s the drug withdrawal but I’ve been on SSRIs of one form or another since I was 19, so it’s possible that the rage is from the withdrawal. I hope this isn’t part of who I am because it’s not pretty. 😕