Henryk12: off risperidone

Henryk12

Please I’m having some expyramidal effects and I’m scared it might be permanent. Does this symptoms ever go away 

July 18 Risp 1/1mg day   on and of 12times didnt know it was the drug 

2m sep for 4 to September 9

Ct Sept 10 / RI 1mg Sept 15 to 16

went down to 0.5mg Sept 17/18 

CT sep 19 30mg whine drug estimate

tmj, brain zaps, itching, body pains, loud tinnitus, brain fog , tremors , body ,Td,deregulation , sleep issues due to loud tinnitus. Facial movements, clogged ear , choky , burning , discomfort,banging brain 

bruxism , teeth clenching, hedac/nerve p

Please my mouth and teeth squeezes together, my head tics though not so obvious, the most symptoms I have is with my head . Are they temporal or permanent cause right now no one in my house understands. They think I’m Being lazy but I think fasting and change of diet could help alleviate some symptoms thanks 🙏🏽 

tmj, brain zaps, itching, body pains, loud tinnitus, brain fog , tremors , body ,Td,deregulation , sleep issues due to loud tinnitus. Facial movements, clogged ear , choky , burning , discomfort,banging brain 

I was on and off 2mg risperidone for 3 months . Was misdiagnosed , went through hell for two weeks . Had Extrapyridal The first day though I didn’t know until late time that made me went cold turkey. Survived till now and had little changes as I can feel it . The zaps , brain shakes , crying spell , Anxiety and muscle seems to come on and off though not stable . I had a tic upon stopping abruptly hopefully it goes but don’t know when . My breathing is a bit better . Neck tightness lessen though it comes on and off . Teeth grinding , tremors and other symptoms as reduced . Worried about the tics and jaw tightness but I’m a bit relieved now and probably waiting for another wave lol 😂 but I’m positive and if is certain I will be ok again then I do not mind going through the pain . Please I need help and assurance that I will be fine . Was just on 30m for the whole 3 months. 

Edited by Henryk12

Hi Henryk12

You did well getting off of the risperidone.  It's an awful drug.  I was forced on it for six months years ago.  I had Extrapyridal symptoms the entire time, but the doctors ignored it and kept forcing the drug on me until i was unable to speak or form sentences since i had brain damage.   I hope you the best of luck in your continued journey of healing.

Poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

Were you able to reverse the effects ? 

4 hours ago, PoetJester said:

Hi Henryk12

You did well getting off of the risperidone.  It's an awful drug.  I was forced on it for six months years ago.  I had Extrapyridal symptoms the entire time, but the doctors ignored it and kept forcing the drug on me until i was unable to speak or form sentences since i had brain damage.   I hope you the best of luck in your continued journey of healing.

Poetjester

I have some minor tics and only this worries me a lot . Anyone had this during withdrawal? I’ve made a lot of progress and don’t wanna go back on this medication no more 

Please can someone answer me. Are the tics going go away and my back and arm muscles seem to come off and on . Disappeared on my first day of using risperidone. Only worried about the head tics now . Please I need some insights 

• Administrator

Welcome, Henryk.

I moved your posts to start your own Introductions topic, where you can post your questions about your personal situation and track your progress.

How long have you been off risperidone?

What we see is that symptoms very gradually go away, as you have already seen. This can be very frustrating and slow. How have your symptoms changed since you've been off risperidone?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• manymoretodays changed the title to Henryk12: off risperidone
On 10/17/2019 at 3:06 PM, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Henryk.

I moved your posts to start your own Introductions topic, where you can post your questions about your personal situation and track your progress.

How long have you been off risperidone?

What we see is that symptoms very gradually go away, as you have already seen. This can be very frustrating and slow. How have your symptoms changed since you've been off risperidone?

Thank you alto , wasn’t sure I got a response cause I’m still learning how to function on the site . My progress is rapid as I can tell to the stories have read on here . My libido is back , my muscles seems going on and off which is strange and I lost them on my very first those on risperidone. It was all of a sudden my body dropped and my body structure was whacked though I didn’t know it was due to risperidone and the anxieties are minimal , tremors reduced . Got used to the pains , the Brian zaps has shakes reduces but worried about the head shake. Flu symptoms almost gone . Subsided after 3 days of blue vervain and neck tighten reduced but the my head tics or shakes I don’t know . Seem like a dystonia reaction and don’t really know how long for me . I was on the drug just for 3 months on and off 2 mg tops . I sense my body is trying to reorganize but not really sure anymore and I need ask if Canabis could help cause I don’t want to take any medication and I’m done taking drugs whatsoever till my last breath on earth . This is not fair. All I wanna do is make some good music and make my mama happy cause she had suffered a lot . I will clock 30 by dec . Can’t believe is gonna be in agony and disbelief. 2019 wasn’t a good year for me at all but I’m wiser and stronger maybe but I’m just fed up with life and those around me can not even see my sufferings . They sometimes make jest of me cause they do not know what I’m really going through. Even fam thinks I’m being making lots of things up . I’m messed up but sometimes ; 

Pain sometimes could be a lesson . Don’t be lessened. 
Every sorrow as an ending keep withstanding 
Understand this and be hopeful cause;
Every Phoenix rise from its ashes.
A hundred years of pain would end one day 
Times as no limit ; The roads full of patches 
Weakness will thread on you if you can withstand it 
ONLY THE STRONGEST CAN RELATE
We All Can Deny It 
Life is all Mazes . Find the route and Escape the lapses 💪🏾🤴🏾🏽🐐🧠

keep encouraging my brain . Hope my brain won’t give up on me . It’s all I rely on 

I hope this dark days won’t cloud my life forever thanks 🙏🏽 Just too late before I found here. TOO LATE TO GO BACK NOW 

About 2half weeks off 

Had a nerve pain 

tingling and burning sensation 

crawling sensations on my skin 

Face spasm 

twitches 

crying spell 

sducidal thoughts 

tightened neck /face head 

tarchycardiac

irregular blood pressure

runny nose 

I’m sorry just don’t know how to express anything right now 

I remembered had had delirium for weeks , agitation , restlessness , muscle tightness and weakness , dilated pupil , like my heart and chest is getting ripped off my body , kidney pain , acne , black face cause I got Dehydrated . Went to the psychiatrist she said it was because of Canabis withdrawal but just found out that I had serotonin syndrome . I’m so scared , most people die of this thing though I scalped through now I’m more worried cause I have suffered for nothing . I will be better off smoking Canabis and not land myself inside this deep hole . Didn’t even know the medication I was prescribed. Right now seem like my heart shakes my whole body . Just so strange how ones life can change over night . We live in a world where joy is of no certainty. Don’t know how I endure those pains now I’m worried the dysfunctions in my body will never function again. Only God can save me now 

so lost 

• Administrator

You quit risperidone about 2.5 weeks ago?

Serotonin syndrome comes from taking too much serotonergic drugs, if you were taking only risperidone, you did not have serotonin syndrome. It sounds like you had adverse effects from risperidone while you were taking in and then acute withdrawal syndrome after you quit.

You now have post-acute withdrawal syndrome.

I don't know if cannabis will hurt or help. It's best not to confuse the nervous system with more drugs.

Where do you have twitches now? They have decreased, correct? Has the irregular heartbeat gone away? What are your major symptoms now? How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

My sleep is bad 

my head twitch /eye dryness 

head tightness/brain shakes/zaps 

sleep not bad about 2 hours . 

Runny nose 

bad breathing 

teeth clenching reduced 

fear and anxiety 

crying spell 

thigh neck / choky feeling / tinnitus 

itching / flushed skin / ance 

weird internal movements 

intestines are out of place 

broken arm since the first day on the drug 

flat muscle and minimal pain and aches 

Irregular heartbeat lessened 

but overall I’m more better than before 

spasm reduced , face and neck gripping, flu , jaw displacement, tarchycadiac etc 

just 2.5weeks off the drug yes 

• Administrator

You have severe withdrawal symptoms from going off the drug too fast.

Do you have any risperidone left? You might try taking 0.25mg, a small reinstatement often stops withdrawal symptoms. It's possible such a small dose will not trigger the adverse movement effects, which are a significant concern in your situation. It's up to you to decide if you want to take the risk.

This topic explains how to take a small dose of risperidone Tips for tapering off Risperdal (risperidone)

Don’t know if I want to do that cause there’s no way to know 0.25 mg over . Nigeria is not like every other country . Just want to be sure if they are going to disappear and I have no risperidone left 

Scared it could send me back to hell just need know if the head tic/grip/twitch will go away 

• Administrator

We have seen people recover from the movement effects. We cannot predict how long it will take.

So you think is gonna stop if I go back and the drug and wean it off properly? Need to be sure of what I’m getting myself into . My breathing is better and the neck thighness and my wasted muscle keeps coming and off something like that . 

Sorry, I didn't see your reply,   Henryk. 

I was able to reverse the effects by agreeing to have ECT treatment done.  When i went in for 10 days of ECT,  my doctors stopped forcing the risperdone on me (it was also the end of my 6 month psychiatric commitment.)  Within about two days of starting the ECT, i noticed that i was able to speak again and the akithesia (constant pacing back and forth and unable to sit still)  had gone away.  I think it was the drug leaving my body that allowed the extrapyramidal side effects to go away.

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

I would look at RisperdalHater's introductory thread.  I think he had success just quitting the drug and waiting for his body to heal.  It took a little while, several months to a year, but i think he went back to normal.

I would stay far away from risperdone.  It's a bad drug.

Okay sir thank you . Most of my symptoms are going gradually but I noticed I developed motor tics the day I stopped cold turkey. Don’t know if going back on the drug could stop it cause it worries me to see my head move partially sideways . Though no one knows this but it bothers me cause all I read online says it progresses overtime . So confused right now . This is 50/50 , don’t know what the drug will do to my nervous system if I go back on it again. 

18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

We have seen people recover from the movement effects. We cannot predict how long it will take.

@Altostrata please can I reinstate about 0.10 mg , I’m so scared to hell . Can’t live with my shaking like this. Can cope with other symptoms but this I can’t take . Please reply as soon as you can and I need know if the liquid form will be helpful and how many month I need taper off. Thanks 🙏🏽 

• Administrator
On 10/19/2019 at 12:17 PM, Altostrata said:

You have severe withdrawal symptoms from going off the drug too fast.

Do you have any risperidone left? You might try taking 0.25mg, a small reinstatement often stops withdrawal symptoms. It's possible such a small dose will not trigger the adverse movement effects, which are a significant concern in your situation. It's up to you to decide if you want to take the risk.

This topic explains how to take a small dose of risperidone Tips for tapering off Risperdal (risperidone)

You could try 0.10mg if you wish. Please read the link provided above.

Alright thank you 

Please does anyone as head twitch/brain shakes/zaps or dystonia reaction that go away ?? 

Please does anyone as head twitch/brain shakes/zaps or dystonia reaction that go away ?? Was on the drug 3 months on and off. Just 30mg all together. 

• Administrator
On 10/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, Altostrata said:

Please use search in the Symptoms forum before starting new topics. See

Tardive dyskinesia or involuntary movements

Facial tics, jaw, tongue muscle tension and pain, bruxism, teeth clenching, TMJ

Tardive Dystonia: news to me

Do my symptoms as extremely reduced .the tic movement is bearable and now I want to ask if the brain shakes go away .,seems like my brain is bouncing inside my head 

@Altostrata all my symptoms subsided but I’m worried about just one thing , seem my brain is bouncing inside my skull . Please as anyone experienced that , is it going to stop ? Cause now I’m very stable but seem like a big hit at the back of my head though not painful but hope it will not break my brain 

Hi again Henryk

I have had the brain bouncing around inside my skull feeling a lot, too.  It started for me when i quit sertraline and olanzapine back in 2014 and stopped sleeping well.  Sometimes it feels like there is a 1/2 inch of space between my brain and skull.  Other times it feels like my brain is vibrating when i walk. 

It doesn't happen all the time, but i definitely notice it at other times.  I have no idea why that it feels that way.  I am part of a medication withdrawal facebook group and have even posted on there having the the feeling before.  I think other posters have mentioned it too.

5 hours ago, PoetJester said:

Hi again Henryk

I have had the brain bouncing around inside my skull feeling a lot, too.  It started for me when i quit sertraline and olanzapine back in 2014 and stopped sleeping well.  Sometimes it feels like there is a 1/2 inch of space between my brain and skull.  Other times it feels like my brain is vibrating when i walk. 

It doesn't happen all the time, but i definitely notice it at other times.  I have no idea why that it feels that way.  I am part of a medication withdrawal facebook group and have even posted on there having the the feeling before.  I think other posters have mentioned it too.

Does it ever go away? 

It comes and goes.  Seems to be worse on low sleep days.  

Thank you sir

@Altostrata can I avoid the brain shakes if I reinstate little dose of risperidone? 

Please my body keeps shaking whenever I lay down and my brain bounces around my skull and it felt like it’s breathing instead of my heart . Anyone who as something similar that later stopped? 

My head twitch are clearing up but seem like something kinda stuck inside my throat ; making it hard to breathe and Iight jaw tightness. Just 3wks off . Please help me . Seem like I’m the only Nigerian on this site 

Teeth clenching gone 

facial pressure gone 

eye twitch gone 

tachycardia gone

facial spasm severely reduced 

tremors reduced but my whole body shakes when I’m laid down 

brain zaps reduced 

hammer sensation on and off 

just 3 weeks off risperidone 

@Altostrata only thing I’m worried about now is my brain bouncing inside my skull. Hope it can’t cause another damage, and does it ever go away ? All the movement symptoms are clearing very fast . Though still some tingling and needle sensations. Thanks 🙏🏽 for your support ma . I do really appreciate