SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Rosabell : Two months off of Effexor

Rosabell

Hello,

I completed my effexor taper as of August 23rd, 2019. It was a fairly uneventful taper, any withdrawal symptoms I did experience were fairly mild and manageable.  I did it slow and steady, tapered 75 mg off over about 4 months. This may be fast for some, but it was definitely slower than what my psych doc recommended, she wanted me to drop right from 73 to 37.5 for two weeks, then 37.5 every other day for two weeks and then stop!! that scared the **** out of me, so i did it my way, as i do most things, and even though it wasn't what she recommended, she was super supportive and willing to go along with what i knew was best for my body.

I have been dealing with some nausea and digestive upset since the end, and didn't even relate these to withdrawal until recently.

However, for the past two days I have been dealing with some fairly persistent anxiety and I am wondering if it might have anything to do with effexor at all.

If it is, is this something that anyone else has experienced at more than two months off? Is this something that anyone has found resolves on it's own?

Having panic disorder and generalized anxiety makes any little nervy feeling spiral out of control for me! The anxiety and fear that everything i went through three years ago happening all over again makes it worse!

I just hope there is someone here that can help me out!

Thanks

Effexor XR 75mg start June 2017

Tapered to 0 April 19-August 23/19

reinstated 1.65 mg Oct 23, updosed again to 3.35mg Oct 31/19

currently 3.35mg/day, reinstated up to full 75mg dose by February 2020

Tapered from April 2019 - August 2019 by removing beads from each capsule, i now realize that even though it may have seemed slow at the time, it wasn't!

Restarted taper from 75mg November 2021 via bead counting

currently sitting at 37.5mg

Klonopin - 1mg start January 2017, currently 0mg

Tapered down via liquid titration from Nov 2017 to Feb 2019, no withdrawals at all as I went super slow and steady.

Currently - Synthroid for under active thyroid

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Rosabell.  I'm sorry your having these difficult symptoms.

Your taper was a good bit faster than what we recommend (no faster than 10% of current dose every four weeks), and as a result you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms. The symptoms you listed, including digestive upset and anxiety, are typical.

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

This explains it really well:

Sometimes withdrawal symptoms don't appear immediately after a too-fast taper.

Reinstatement of a very small dose of the same drug you tapered is the only know way to mitigate withdrawal symptoms.  I know you may be reluctant to take the drug again and may wish to wait it out.  Unfortunately, there is no way to predict how long it will take to start feeling better.  While some recover fairly quickly, others take months or longer.  
Reinstatement works most predictably within three months of the last dose.  Please read: 

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms. -- at least the first page of the topic

If you are interested in reinstating, please let us know and we can suggest a reinstatement dosage, which will be very small. Please do not reinstate without letting us advise you.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  Please include your taper rate and dates and whether the Effexor was XR or regular release.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hello,

Thank you for this information.

i have updated my signature to give a timeline of my taper, i don't have specific amounts or dates, i unfortunately did not write them down.

If i were wanting to reinstate a small dose to deal with these unfortunate two month out withdrawal symptoms, can you please let me know the best way to go about doing so?

Of course i would much prefer to not have to start taking anything again, but i do understand that it might be necessary, and in reality, i am more than willing to give anything a try to make this anxiety go away!

I am a generally healthy person, eat all my protein and veggies, exercise on the regular, but do tend to let stress get the better of me sometimes and just pretend it isn't there until it all just gets to much and comes crashing down on me all at once!

I am just shocked that this withdrawal can show up two months after my last dose! Evil poison it is!

Tapered from April 2019 - August 2019 by removing beads from each capsule, i now realize that even though it may have seemed slow at the time, it wasn't!

Tapered down via liquid titration from Nov 2017 to Feb 2019, no withdrawals at all as I went super slow and steady.

• Administrator

Welcome, Rosabell.

To reinstate a small amount of Effexor XR, you'd open up a capsule and take perhaps 5 beads. Do you have any Effexor left?

Please follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes, i do have some left, and it will not be a problem to get more if need be, thankfully i have a very very understanding doctor, and though she is not super knowledgeable regarding taper and withdrawal, she is super supportive and is more than willing to let me set my own schedules, she wants me to be well just as much as i do! I was just wondering how much to take. I think my last dose was about 20 beads, unfortunately i didn't keep a log of my taper.😕

hopefully reinstating this small amount will help me.

What would you suggest a schedule be from there? Keep taking the 5 beads for a month or so and then reduce one bead every week or two?

Thanks

Edited by manymoretodays
removed name after Thanks per member request

• Altostrata changed the title to Rosabell : Two months off of Effexor
  • Administrator

We need to see how you do with 5 beads for at least a month before making any plans.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Sounds good, I’ll start it up with dinner this evening. Hopefully it works fairly quickly and I don’t get any of the start up symptoms that I get when I first started!!

i can put up with some short term yuckiness if it will in any way provide longer term relief!

in all reality, I do feel like I am just being a big complainer, but any time I start to get the least bit “nervy” it starts to spiral to all our panic, I think I am more worried about being anxious than anything and it just makes it worse!

• Moderator Emeritus

Rosabell, it's pretty common for people to get off a taper with minimal to no acute symptoms and then get hit a few months out with delayed withdrawal. Back when I first took SSRIs and quit them a couple of times, that's what happened to me. I never really had much in the way of acute symptoms right when I quit,  it was always 2-3 months out when I would get hit. I see it a lot on this website too.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

i had zero idea it was common to get hit with withdrawals this long after stopping!

Does anyone have any idea about how long it will take on the 5 beads to start to see some improvement? I woke up this feeling like my insides were vibrating, something that also happened when i very first started on the effexor and that took about a week to calm down.

Right now i am scared, anxious, sad and angry that all of this is happening to me, mostly scared and angry!

The worst times for me seem to be in the morning right when i wake up, as soon as i get out of bed and get going it calms down quite a bit and then again in the evening around 6ish.

I do not now, nor have i ever had a problem sleeping - thank goodness!

I was just wondering what the general opinion is on CBD oil? Do you think that this would help or hinder my progress? I did take some this morning and it helps to keep the anxiety under control, but i don't want to keep taking anything that will make this whole process harder or take longer.

Thanks

Edited by manymoretodays
removed name at members request

It’s a bad morning already!! I woke up with a start at 5 am ad can not get back to sleep, anxiety at at least a 7!! I hate this, it makes me so angry.

I am really spiraling today! My anxiety has stayed at or higher than 7 for the past 3 1/2 hours with no relief, i have done some breathing exercises to try to calm it down a bit with zero luck and went for a long walk that didn't help either. 😪

I am super nauseous and have vomited a few times already, to the point where there is nothing left to come up, my back and shoulders hurt, my eyes hurt and i wish i could just lay down and sleep.

I have this intense fear, like i just need to escape, but there is nothing to escape from or to - completely irrational, i know this, but that doesn't change it.

I am holding onto threads of hope that the reinstatement of 5 beads is going to help, i took them on Wednesday evening as well as last evening. I really hope that doing so didn't make things worse even though it seems to have!

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Rosabell said:

My anxiety has stayed at or higher than 7 for the past 3 1/2 hours

Rosabell, here are some techniques for coping with anxiety.  The last link to the yoga pose has helped me in the past.

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

VIDEO:  Peace from Nervous Suffering - Claire Weekes (1 hour) (http://sendvid.com/vgquc1dg)

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:38 PM, Altostrata said:

We need to see how you do with 5 beads for at least a month before making any plans.

Hi Alto,

I am just taking the 5 beads by right out of the capsule and swallowing them alone. I assume this is fine and it is the actual beads that are time release and not the outer capsule, but wanted to make sure.

Do you have any idea?

• Administrator

That is correct, the beads are timed-release. Be sure to swallow them fast with a good amount of water, don't let them sit in your mouth or throat.

I am patiently waiting for the reinstatement to work it’s magic! 
I have gotten snippets of relief from CBD oil, I hope this won’t do more damage, but it is the only thing that even touches the anxiety at the moment.

I am tough and can put up with the physical symptoms, but this mental stuff really does a number on me!!

Is it normal that I have yet to see any relief from reinstatement on Wednesday? I take it in the evening so have taken 4 small doses so far but nothing is getting any better.

i am hanging in by a thread, I am terrified that this is going to be my new normal!! This change happened so suddenly, I was great, no anxiety or anything, and then WHAMO!!!

Rosabell, 

I'm going through the same thing as you.

I've been off effexor 37,5 for nearly two months before i reinstated.

If you want to talk about it I'm here. 

2017 Feb : Lexapro 10mg.

2017 May : Lexapro 20mg.

2017 Nov : CT Lexapro

2017 Dec Reinstated Lexapro 20mg.

2018 Feb : Lexapro 20 + Effexor 75

May to December : Taper Lexapro 

2019 Apr : Effexor 56mg

2019 May : Effexor 37,5mg

2019 Jun : Effexor 18,75mg

2019 Aug : Reinstated Effexor 37,5mg.

2020 Oct : Slowly updose Effexor

Hi Subzero42,

how are you doing now? Did it take a long time for you to get back to some semblance of ok? 
I have been really struggling for the past week and a half, I haven’t really seen an improvement from adding back the 5 beads and am wondering if it is time to up it a bit, maybe to 8 beads?

i just don’t want to make a mistake that will take even longer to recover from, I am actually terrified!

the anxiety is something that really gets to me, I can handle the physical symptoms, but this non-stop anxiety is doing me in.

i do have some benzo’s I can take if it gets way way too bad, but I would rather not.

i am also wondering if benzo’s would in any way hamper my healing from Effexor, I know that they have their own complete set of other issues, but have no idea if they effect AD withdrawal negatively and would really like to find this out

Hello Rosa,

I have a similar taper history to Effexor as yours, though not identical. I did a fairly fast taper by SA standards. I came off one month ago. That month was fairly bad. I had low grade anxiety and stress. Dr had advised me to keep Busron by my side and only take it if anxiety went intolerable. However I didn't use any and just grit my way through.

At my last appointment, the Dr has added Busron to my drugs with advice I need to take it for 10 days only. So far I haven't had any anxiety, with Busron supporting me. I do have insomnia. I also had nausea due to my sense of smell getting acutely sensitive. According to Doc that was a good sign that my brain is trying to sort out the chemical mess I have.

Lastly, he thinks I have another tough month or two, but things will get better. I can say the past 3 to 4 days have been much better that the past  3 months.

Do note my history is different from yours, with a more complex drug list. I have a number of drugs playing off each other.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon.

2012- Citalopram 40- Axal 0.5mg  2017- Stopped Axal CT. No WD.

2017 - Effexor XR 75 mg.

For Epilepsy:1983 - Tegral 400 mg/day  2009 - Lumark 1000 mg/day- Biotim eyedrops for glaucoma.

27 April 2019 - Effexor XR taper started. 40 beads removed - 16% - 63mg20 May - 10% - 20 beads. 57mg / 3 June - 10% - 20 beads - 51mg / 18 July - 6% -10 beads - 48mg / 20 July - 7% -10 beads- 44.5mg/ 1 Sept - 75 mg alternate days = 37.5 mg/ 14 Sept - 75 mg every 3rd day = 25mg/  22 Sept - Effexor XR stopped.

27 Oct - Tegral = 300mg. Citalopram = 30 mg. Lumark = 500mg Busron = 10 mg. Somna = 2.5 mg

1-Jan 2020 Tegral 200mg BD- Citalopram 20mg OD- Lumark 500BD

25 Apr 2020 Tegral 200 mg BD- Citalopram alternate days 20 mg and 10 mg OD - Lumark 500BD

May June 2020 Dropped to 10 mg citalopram due to drug shortages.

Early July 2020: CT'ed citalopram - nonavailability of medicine. Tegral + Lumark remains same as before.

This morning was the worst yet! I resorted to taking .25 clonazepam as absolutely nothing else was working and it was utterly unbearable to the point that I almost asked my husband to take me to the hospital as I was scared for my life, and then realized that they would just give me a Benzo anyways, so why not save myself the trip and take one anyways!

i have been laying in the couch for the last two hours drifting in and out of sleep and a somewhat anxious state, the clonazepam did not completely eradicate the anxiety, but it did put a bit of a damper on it.

i am still waiting for some feedback from one of the moderators if the 5 beads reinstatement may not have been enough, but it seems hat they haven’t had a chance to look at my thread for a while now. I am trying to be very patient, but is is difficult when it feels like your whole world is crumbling around you.

@Altostrata I know you are very busy and unable to respond to every single post on here, but do you possibly have any suggestions for me?

i have been at 5 beads of effexor. So 1.67 mg/day for a week and have yet to see any improvement,.

i did have to take a clonazepam dose this morning and it has helped a bit. I know that benzo’s have their own issues as I have withdrawn from them once already (thankfully very smoothly) but at this point they may be my only option.

i have been waking around 4:30/5 every morning with very high anxiety and very very nauseous, all mornings for the past week and a half I have been physically ill about 30 minutes after getting out of bed. I do all sorts of breathing/relaxation/meditation exercises at that time and throughout the day to try to keep the anxiety at bay.

i drink a lot of “calm” tea as well and take CBD oil at around 8, noon and 8 again.

i take my 5 beads of Effexor at 5:45 each day and then dinner shortly afterwards.

I have aches and pains all day, mostly neck/upper back/shoulders as well as earache but these learn if I take an aleve. 
my anxiety is ever present but definitely worst in the mornings.

yesterday it was particularly bad and I wasn’t able to bring it to a comfortable level all day until around 8pm.

i do not have trouble with falling to sleep, I have a fairly regular routine and have had for years, everything off for at least an hour/hour 1/2 before bed, and then in bed to sleep between 11/11:30 and wake around 7 each day.

All of my symptoms do not seem to come at regular times of the day so I cannot correlate them to any specific thing I am doing ie: tea, CBD oil, Effexor etc.

i have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon and would like to know what I should ask for.

i appreciate and knowledge you can provide.

• Administrator

If I were you, I would add 5 beads more, and take all 10 beads in the morning rather than at night. Please let us know how you're doing.

Thanks @Altostrata, I will start up the extra beads right away.

is there a reason to take it in the morning versus early evening? I have taken it in the evening since I started. As well, how should I transition this? Take my regular 5 beads this evening, as it is already afternoon here and start the 10 in the morning tomorrow?

also, do you have any knowledge at all on if taking a Benzo intermittently will adversely affect the Effexor withdrawal?

again, thank you so so so much for the timely reply, as I am sure everyone here knows, it feels like a life ring finally thrown out into the turbulent sea!!

• Administrator

You can add the 5 beads in the morning today, see what happens, take 5 beads in evening. Tomorrow, you can take all 10 beads in the morning.

I suggest moving the Effexor to the morning because the increased dosage might interfere with sleep. Your nervous system might react to it differently now.

Taking a benzo intermittently may over time incur benzo dependency. This is very sneaky. Please keep a record of when you take the benzo and at what dosage.

Thanks @Altostrata

it means a lot to hear your views as I know you have heaps of experience dealing with all of this. 
I am a bit worried about the Benzo, I know all about the dependency issue, so I will tread lightly. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t going to negatively mow the the Effexor withdrawal  

So I just finished with my doctor and am so relieved, she completely understands what I am going through, or maybe empathizes is a more correct term.

she is willing to support me for however long it takes and agrees that the schedule my psych doc set to withdraw was way way too fast.

i am going to continue on at 10 beads per day and reassess with her in another two weeks.

she has also reassured me that if it is necessary to take a Benzo if I am at a point of no return then I need to do it for my own safety, though she did warn me about dependency as well, but would rather I am dependant and still alive than not.

thank you to everyone on here, reading all of your stories and advice given has been a lifesaver!!

@Altostrata

Good morning, it is coming up time to take my daily dose and i would to have some info so i don't completely mess things up, as i am super scared to throw things off balance even more!

Yesterday i took 5 beads at around 12:30pm and another 5 beads at 5:45pm.

You had said i should take all 10 beads in the morning, which i have no problem doing, but can i just switch it up now and not worry about anything? If i take my dose mid morning will that be alright, say around 10:30/11, or should it be first thing in the morning?

Like just down the 10 beads all at once, i don't have to worry about slowly changing the time i take it?

On a better note, i didn't wake up in a panic today, i still woke earlier than i would have liked, but i was able to drift in and out of sleep fairly easily for the next two hours, i don't know if this is a result of the extra 5 beads i took yesterday, the .25 mg clonazepam or just generally a better outlook on things after the meeting with my Dr. I also had a heartfelt conversation with my mom yesterday, she has that mom way of making me feel better!

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

• Administrator

You can move all 10 beads to the morning, if it's more convenient for you to take them all at once. This shouldn't make a big difference.

How often do you take clonazepam?

thanks @Altostrata

I do not take clonazepam often, or i should say i do not plan to take it often.

I took .25mg at about 6am yesterday morning and that was the first time i had taken one since February, and i will not take another unless seriously needed.

i had previously been on 1mg /day for a few months back in the beginning of 2017 and had completely tapered off by February 2019, going down to almost zero, less than .005mg! I didn't have any issues with my taper that time, but am completely aware of the dependency issues and would rather not get dependent on them since there is no guarantee that a second attempt will go as smoothly as the first.

• Administrator

Please let us know how you're doing on 10 beads Effexor.

If you take clonazepam, it may affect your symptom pattern. You'll have to keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

Thanks @Altostrata

i will keep you posted on how things go at 10 beads, here's to having hope that it is just what my body needed!!

Hello Rosabell, it's been nearly three months since I reinstated, but unlike you i went back on 37,5mg.

Actually, it wasn't a reinstatement propfully speaking since i was never really off effexor but on a very low dose ( like 8 beads,  for quite a time. ) It was more of an updosing, maybe i should have considered reinstate only a small amount of drug but I was very anxious of Paws so i decided to go back on the last dose I was feeling good with.

I entered the classical waves and windows pattern, during waves i felt awful, during windows i felt very good. There was huuuge fluctuation between waves and windows. Now it seems to stabilize but i still do not know if my reinstatement is efficient of if would go through the same thing if I was still off Effexor.

Hello @Subzero42, how are you doing these days? Hascreinstating back to 37.5 helped you and how long did it take for you to see the benefits?

things for me appeared to be getting better over the past week but then yesterday afternoon all hell broke loose with my anxiety and I am having a really hard time coping.

@Altostrata, is it normal to get hit with severe mental symptoms about a week after an updose? I started back on 5 beads October 23 and then upped it to 10 beads as of October 31. It was so bad yesterday hat I resorted to .25mg clonazepam and it did help a bit.

however, last night was the worst sleep I have had in years! I kept waking every hour in a sweat, I would fall back into a restless sleep for an hour, rinse and repeat until I got out of bed around 6ish, was violently ill, took two gravol and fell asleep on the couch for a few hours.

the only thing I did differently yesterday was start to take my synthetic medication which quite possibly caused the severe uptick in anxiety.

Also, a big question I have is, how long do those 10 beads of effexor stay in my stomach after I take them? If I vomit an hour or two after taking them, how do I know I haven't expelled them from my stomach and now will have essentially ingested zero?

I kindly await your reply

Don't worry about the fact that you felt bad, it is what we call a wave. Antidepressant withdrawal is not linear, as weeks go on you will experience waves and windows pattern. It took me like three weeks to start to feel better. Maybe the dose you reinstated is not sufficient ? I'm not a  specialist but if I were you i would stay on 10 beads for a few weeks and then updose if no significant improvement.

To answer your question, after 3 months of reinstatement, i still suffer headaches, depression ( withdrawal or relapse ? ), feeling not quite like myself.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Rosabell said:

things for me appeared to be getting better over the past week but then yesterday afternoon all hell broke loose with my anxiety and I am having a really hard time coping.

@Altostrata, is it normal to get hit with severe mental symptoms about a week after an updose? I started back on 5 beads October 23 and then upped it to 10 beads as of October 31. It was so bad yesterday hat I resorted to .25mg clonazepam and it did help a bit.

however, last night was the worst sleep I have had in years! I kept waking every hour in a sweat, I would fall back into a restless sleep for an hour, rinse and repeat until I got out of bed around 6ish, was violently ill, took two gravol and fell asleep on the couch for a few hours.

the only thing I did differently yesterday was start to take my synthetic medication which quite possibly caused the severe uptick in anxiety.

Also, a big question I have is, how long do those 10 beads of effexor stay in my stomach after I take them? If I vomit an hour or two after taking them, how do I know I haven't expelled them from my stomach and now will have essentially ingested zero?

I kindly await your reply

Those aren't mental symptoms. You're taking too much Effexor. What times of day do you take it, and how much per dose?

What is your synthetic medication?