pinciukas

pinciukas: Seroxat story

pinciukas

Hello guys,

My name is Linas i am 34 years old. First i was prescribed Seroxat for anxiety disorder and panic attacks in 2005 sinds then i am on/off for 14 years. I tryed to tapper but that was not correct tappering system. So now i am tappering sinds 2018 March and currently i am on 6 mg Seroxat from 20 mg. So far so good but after every drop i have few weeks high anxiety and almost getting panic attacks. Major thing is annoying my sleep night terrors i don't know how to call them. Just seconds before fall a sleep I am jumping in my bed with feeling that I can't breath then I can sleep but usually I am getting those things 3-4 times. It is so scary luckily do not happens every night. I had this thing in the summer during my day naps in the midday also few second before I shut down. It is so scary I never had this on full dose Seroxat but had very bad night sweats so now they are gone and those night micro panic attacks (ny brand name :) ) annoying me. Sinds my second drop actually. I believe it is just my anxiety and nothing bad. All the test are good and my doctor don't think that's sleep apnea because happens not always and also only when transitioning from awake to sleep I also sometimes scream (not loud). This is my story i am trying to stay strong and positive! 

Gridley

Welcome to SA, pinciukas.

As you may know, we recommend tapering by no more than 10% of current dose every four weeks.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

The best I can calculate, you've been tapering at about that rate in the 17 months you've been tapering, and being at 6mg is about where you should be if you're doing a 10% taper.

It is normal to have an increase in symptoms after each drop, then to have symptoms return their usual level.  Since your symptoms are bothering you, you might want to hold for a couple of months at this point just to let things settle down.

Another thing you could consider is working in a 2-week hold after each 4-week taper period.

Now that you're getting down to the low doses, you might want to consider slowing your taper a bit.  It's good to slow down for the low doses.

For your information, here is a link specifically about tapering Seroxat (Paxil).

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

Here are some techniques to help you cope with panic attacks and anxiety:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

VIDEO:  Peace from Nervous Suffering - Claire Weekes (1 hour) (http://sendvid.com/vgquc1dg)

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

pinciukas

Thank you very much for all the information I will study every link! :)❤️

pinciukas

I don't know whether I can tapper or not. I just dropped to 6 mg 3 weeks ago and my anxiety is really bad few day everything was not so bad and now I have anxiety from 2PM untill late in the evening I can't concentrate i can't sit and work because of the chest pressure and lightheadnes. It is crazy I dropped so small amount and before my drop everything I was on vacation I drived my car 3000 miles and now I can't even come back home from work with my scooter without stop on 3 miles journey I am getting anxiety in public transport and I run away from 2 movies and I am afraid to go to the cinema. At least I lived without anxiety on my 20 mg dose so maybe I should go back? At the moment I am shame. I feel like a looser in this battle. I don't know what to do. All days long I am reading about anxiety watching people on YouTube I don't know why. Maybe this drug destroyed my brain and I can't heal? I am confused.

Rhiannon

From your description of your taper, it sounds like you may be cutting too much at one time, and perhaps you have not let your healing catch up with the taper as you have been coming down. 

At the lower doses, we have to slow down and make smaller cuts. The drug effect at the synapse is much stronger at lower doses, so every cut has much more effect. 

I don't think your brain is broken. What you describe sounds like very typical withdrawal. As terrible as you are feeling, that is unfortunately pretty typical for withdrawal. I think you have tapered well, but a bit too fast, and withdrawal has really hit you hard now.

Might be a good idea to stay off of YouTube for a while, it's easy to get obsessed with the negatives. There is a lot of hope to be found. Can you read the information on this site? I know there is a lot of it, but it is very useful.

Take care of yourself, don't change any medications right now either up or down. The moderators are all volunteers with lives of their own and most of them are dealing with their own tapers and withdrawal as well. They will help you as soon as they can. In the meantime, do as much reading as you can here, and learn everything you can. 

Gridley
2 hours ago, pinciukas said:

I just dropped to 6 mg 3 weeks ago and my anxiety is really bad few day everything was not so bad and now I have anxiety from 2PM untill late in the evening

Rhiannon has given you good advice.  I would hold where you are, neither increasing nor decreasing for at least 2 months, perhaps longer.  That will help your system to catch up to the reductions you've made.

Take a look at those links about anxiety I sent you earlier and see which ones you think might help.  The last link, about the yoga pose for anxiety, has been very helpful to me.

Also read the links about omegas and magnesium I sent you.  Many members have found these supplements to be very calming.

SIGNATURE

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates.  Please include the rate at which you are tapering.

pinciukas
14 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

From your description of your taper, it sounds like you may be cutting too much at one time, and perhaps you have not let your healing catch up with the taper as you have been coming down. 

At the lower doses, we have to slow down and make smaller cuts. The drug effect at the synapse is much stronger at lower doses, so every cut has much more effect. 

I don't think your brain is broken. What you describe sounds like very typical withdrawal. As terrible as you are feeling, that is unfortunately pretty typical for withdrawal. I think you have tapered well, but a bit too fast, and withdrawal has really hit you hard now.

Might be a good idea to stay off of YouTube for a while, it's easy to get obsessed with the negatives. There is a lot of hope to be found. Can you read the information on this site? I know there is a lot of it, but it is very useful.

Take care of yourself, don't change any medications right now either up or down. The moderators are all volunteers with lives of their own and most of them are dealing with their own tapers and withdrawal as well. They will help you as soon as they can. In the meantime, do as much reading as you can here, and learn everything you can. 

Maybe I tapered to fast I don’t know I believe I made to big cut from last dose. Now I have more information about tapering so for sure I will cut in good way. It is just annoying those symptoms in the morning I feel good and in the midday those symptoms beginning.

Gridley
5 hours ago, pinciukas said:

Maybe I tapered to fast

Please include the rate at which you tapered (for example, X% every X amount of time) in your signature.  Here's the link:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

pinciukas
3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Please include the rate at which you tapered (for example, X% every X amount of time) in your signature.  Here's the link:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Did it.  Hope now is ok.

Gridley
14 minutes ago, pinciukas said:

Hope now is ok.

That's great, thank you.

pinciukas

So finally after my last drop i got some light in the end of the tunnel. Finally anxiety is off and i can function as normal person. Only one thing is annoying my sleep. I am just waking up just a few seconds with short of breath and sometimes i talk loud like "yes yes yes" or something similar. It is so scary i feel like i am dying. 

I have this scary thing since my first drop so from March 2018. Will it over goes away? Sometimes i am affraid go to bed and sleep.

pinciukas

Hello! It's 1.30 in the morning and I'm really scared as soon as I want to go to sleep it seems as tho I forget to breathe and I gasp. I suffer from anxiety, but I find it hard to tell myself that I am not dieing.

I am so tired from those events. I believe they were not so often on higher dose Seroxat. Maybe i need go back to 20 mg ir 10 mg... I don't know what to do whether i will improve or not. Tomorrow I am going to my GP. Maybe she can recomment something :(

pinciukas

So yesterday I went to new psychiatrist and she was a lovely old lady she printed some researches about Seroxat withdrawal and told me that I am doing great with my scale and 10 percent cuts. She told me that Seroxat is a very bad drug and a lot of people having problems to get off. At least someone understands me. I am doing better not so much anxiety usully in the afternoon but not much. Last night I slept not so good got again those breathing anxiety incidents. But 2 nights before I slept like a baby so I am trying to stay positive! I plan to do my next cut in a few weeks the we will see. 

pinciukas

And one more thing I have sometimes problem with my eyes I feel like some sand is in my eyes and it feels itchy not everyday but occasionally. Also sometimes at night i have nocturia but if only i am stressed meditation helping here. Around my nose and in my head i have eczema I don’t know this is from Seroxat or no. One day is better other not. This drug is crazy so much harm. I hope my brain’s will adjust and can heal.

Gridley
1 hour ago, pinciukas said:

I hope my brain’s will adjust and can heal.

It will heal.  It just takes time.

rola

5 hours ago, pinciukas said:

Hier, alors je suis allée chez un nouveau psychiatre et elle était une vieille et charmante dame. Elle a imprimé certaines recherches sur le sevrage de Seroxat et m'a dit que je me débrouillais très bien avec ma balance et mes 10% de réduction. Elle m'a dit que Seroxat est une très mauvaise drogue et que beaucoup de gens ont de la difficulté à s'en sortir. Au moins quelqu'un me comprend. Je vais mieux, pas trop d’anxiété l’après-midi, mais pas beaucoup. La nuit dernière, j'ai mal dormi et j'ai encore eu ces incidents d'anxiété respiratoire. Mais deux nuits avant de dormir comme un bébé, j'essaie de rester positif! Je prévois de faire ma prochaine coupe dans quelques semaines, nous verrons. 

Hi I am also weaning seroxat and it is true that it is a drug difficult to wean I support you in this event but we will succeed a lot of good things😉

pinciukas

Anyone lost weight while tapering? I just lost 5kg....

rola
3 minutes ago, pinciukas said:

Quelqu'un a perdu du poids en diminuant? Je viens de perdre 5 kg ....

Hi

yes I lost weight too it's normal I think😉

Erell

Hi Pinciukas !

I think it is normal too :

- first, Paxil can gain weight, so now that you are lowing the dose, you may loose this weight.

- secondly, tappering and WD can be a very stressful process, so it can affect your weight.

How is your appetite ? How many meals do you have in one day? 

I'm in WD too and have lost a lot of weight, mostly because of a lack of apettite.

Take care

pinciukas
2 hours ago, Erell said:

Hi Pinciukas !

I think it is normal too :

- first, Paxil can gain weight, so now that you are lowing the dose, you may loose this weight.

- secondly, tappering and WD can be a very stressful process, so it can affect your weight.

How is your appetite ? How many meals do you have in one day? 

I'm in WD too and have lost a lot of weight, mostly because of a lack of apettite.

Take care

Hi,

My appetite is good I can say very good but. My weight always years was around 82-83 kilograms and I never can't lose weight with any diets or gym. Now I just dropped a lot of Seroxat and I believe this year I just lost around 5 kilograms 

StrongEnough

Totally normal during wd and 5 kg a year for your weight isn't too much, don't worry about that

pinciukas

Hi everyone,
How I can reinstate Seroxat? I am on 6 mg now from original 20 mg but I can't do it anymore. I can sleep or if I can then only from 4-5 AM I am able to fall a sleep I have very bad anxiety attacks just in time when I fall a sleep and I am jumping out of my bed. I have anxiety during the day it is manageable but very annoying. I feel like I am falling in to depression from all of this and can't do it anymore. I don't believe that is WD symptoms because I have this sinds my first cut. I am 14 years on Seroxat and I don't know whether I can quit. 🥺 I started Seroxat for Panic attacks and anxiety and now I feel the same like the day before Seroxat.

pinciukas

Today i made 10% cut again. So I am now on 0.072 from original 0.250.

pinciukas

3 days from my last cut. Untill now I don't feel anything strange. Hope everything will be good.