Hello everyone,

This is my ever first time writing in a forum , I decided to reach out because I am feeling a bit lost.... Excuse if my english is not at it's best as I'm not a native english speaker.

I have tried to make my signature, which became far too long and I had to delete so many things that it felt to me that there were too many things missing, but as I am new to "this", I am hoping someone might help me. 

First things first I am going to write down all my history with anxiety and panic attacks, at least all I can remember, as I'm very forgetful lately.

2005- cypralex due to panic attacks and GAD (can’t remember dosage) gained 46 kgs

2006- August quit cypralex cold turkey no symptoms that I can remember

2007- January started exercising and diet to lose weight by December i had lost all 46 kgs

2011- Panic attacks and anxiety emerged after break up of a relationship that broke my heart.

Psychiatrist put me on Paroxetine 40mg  trazodone 50mg bromazepam 3mg x2 day

hated trazodone and the way it gave me vivid nightmares so I’ve quit it after a while always with doctor supervision 

2012- September quit my job, had gain almost 20 kgs, was super depressed still but no panic attacks nor anxiety.

2013- Moved back in with my ex , in march I started the tapering of paroxetine, extremely slowly, and by December 31 I was done.

2014- June massive relapse, anxiety, panic attacks, was living abroad and flew back home to see my psychiatrist, started  Prozac 40mg  because I had put on so much weight that was unable to lose, worse choice ever, prozac made me have even more panic attacks during my sleep..... Bromazepam 3mg and trazodone 50mg

2014 September 2nd - Another huge panic attack during my sleep, took me to the ER, where the psychiatrist there put me on xanax xr 0.5 3 times day

October  28 2014 -  Tried to reduce the xanax from 1,5 mg xr a day to 1 mg a day t but i got extremely sick nausea shaking and dizzy my doctor switched me to diazepam 20 mg a day, and also I gave up on Prozac and went back to paroxetine

November 2014 - Had terrible shaking nausea headaches, I suspected it was from the xanax switching

2015 - Had 1 panic attack in June but was stable and still on  paroxetine

2016 January  - I decided that it was time for me to start reducing (tapering) the paroxetineI had moved to another country living happily but the weight that I had gained i could never get rid of, I went from 64kgs in 2011 to 100kgs. 

September 24 th - Found out I was pregnant and still tapering the paroxetine

2016 December  - By the end of December I was done with the tapering and was done 1 year reducing.

2017 - Was totally fine 

2018 - Totally fine

2019 June - Panic attack during my sleep, caught off guard, tought I was free from it...

2019 July - Anxiety rising so much I could not leave the house, could not enter any store, or supermarket I would start feeling like I was going to have a panic attack

2019 July 25th - Decided not to fly back to my homecountry to my psychiatrist and went to a psychiatrist here. Prescribed me amitriptyline 10 mgat night, plus gabapentin 100 mg 3 times day and xanax xr 0,5 2 times a day and xanax 0,25 IR in s.o.s 

2019 August - I felt a bit less edgy, calmer but still couldn't leave the house alone nor enter supermarkets. I could walk outside IF I wasn't alone but I never felt safe alone and was always afraid of leaving the house. Gained weight

2019 October 2nd - Went to the doctor and the previous psychiatrist had been moved to another district. The new pychiatrist prescribed me Paroxetine 20mg, Lyrica 75 mg 2 times per day and diazepam 6 mg a day. Since end of July gained 6 kgs

After my last appointment with the new psychiatrist , I start taking the meds on the 3rd of October, but I did nottake the 6 mg of valium he prescribed because I simply knew that it was too low of a dosage and I would have to keep on with the xanax at least a month til I feel that I was stable enough with the paroxetine to switch to a higher dose of diazepam. But when I mentioned to the doctor the 1mg of xanax xr i was taking a day switching me to 6mg of diazepam wasn't very smart not would it be helpful, he said replied to me saying that the lyrica would amplify the effect of diazepam... I was so upset.... truth is  and on that very same day after taking Lyrica 75 mg, I start to feel itchy. I tought it was ok, and on the second day I was still itchy, so I decided to call the doctor to ask him and he told me that it couldn't be related nor an allergic reaction. I knew it wasn't the paroxetine because I had taken paxil before, and I knew it wasn't the xanax as well, so it could only be the lyrica. When I asked my doctor why was he putting me on lyrica his answer was that he could not just stop me the gabapentin, so he said he would switch me to a lower amount, and then reduce more and stop. The thing is, I am itchy every single day all the time, I have to use creams for eczema/atopic skin, and I am drinking 2 liters of water per day, no coffee, no alcohol, nothing with caffeine....... 

I feel like reducing the lyrica in half, from 150mg a day to 75mg, since I am taking it for not even 4 weeks, but I am afraid of how could it affect  me. And about the Xanax, I am still taking the 0.5 xr twice a day but I want to switch to liquid diazepam which I have so I can reduce it and manage dosages better. I am taking the xanax since 25th of July, it's a good while, can any of you advise me? I have read the ashton manual, but I am still afraid. What about the lyrica making me itchy like a dog with fleas? :(

Any help would be so appreciated. 

2011- Panic attacks and anxiety emerged after break up of a relationship that broke my heart. Psychiatrist put me on Paroxetine 40mg  trazodone 50mg bromazepam 3mg x2 day

2012- September quit my job, had gain almost 20 kgs, was super depressed still but no panic attacks nor anxiety.

2013- in march I started the tapering of paroxetine, extremely slowly, and by December 31 I was done.

2014- June massive relapse, anxiety, panic attacks, was living abroad and flew back home to see my psychiatrist, started  Prozac 40mg    Bromazepam 3mg 3 times day and trazodone 50mg

02 of September 2014 - Another huge panic attack during my sleep, took me to the ER, where the psychiatrist there put me on xanax xr 0.5 3 times day

October 28th 2014 -  Tried to reduce the xanax from 1,5 mg xr a day to 1 mg a day t but i got extremely sick nausea shaking and dizzy my doctor switched me to diazepam 20 mg a day, and also I gave up on Prozac and went back to paroxetine. Had terrible shaking nausea headaches, I suspected it was from the xanax switching

2016 January - I decided that it was time for me to start reducing (tapering) the paroxetine.The weight that I had gained i could never get rid of, I went from 64kgs in 2011 to 100kgs. 

2016 December - By the end of December I was done with the tapering and was done 1 year reducing almost 4 months pregnant

2019 June - Panic attack during my sleep, caught off guard, tought I was free from it...

2019 July 25th - Decided not to fly back to my homecountry to my psychiatrist and went to a psychiatrist here. Amitriptyline 10 mg night,  gabapentin 100 mg 3 x day and xanax xr 0,5 2 times a day and xanax 0,25 IR in s.o.s 

2019 October 2nd - Went to the doctor and the previous psychiatrist had been moved to another district. The new pychiatrist prescribed me Paroxetine 20mg, Lyrica 75 mg 2 times per day and diazepam 6 mg a day.

Good morning everyone

Been waiting for someone to reply to my message 😢 but I see that it doesn't even show up, as it needs a moderator approval .

I understand you are all busy, I hope one of you can still find time to reply to me and reply to my message.

Been reading a lot of topic on the forum, so so helpful, you guys are awesome. I just wishe someone would talk to me :(.

Thank you and have a great day!

2011- Panic attacks and anxiety emerged after break up of a relationship that broke my heart. Psychiatrist put me on Paroxetine 40mg  trazodone 50mg bromazepam 3mg x2 day

2013- in march I started the tapering of paroxetine, extremely slowly, and by December 31 I was done.

2014- June massive relapse, anxiety, panic attacks, was living abroad and flew back home to see my psychiatrist, started  Prozac 40mg    Bromazepam 3mg 3 times day and trazodone 50mg

02 of September 2014 - Another huge panic attack during my sleep, took me to the ER, where the psychiatrist there put me on xanax xr 0.5 3 times day

October 28th 2014 -  Tried to reduce the xanax from 1,5 mg xr a day to 1 mg a day t but i got extremely sick nausea shaking and dizzy my doctor switched me to diazepam 20 mg a day, and also I gave up on Prozac and went back to paroxetine. Had terrible shaking nausea headaches, I suspected it was from the xanax switching

2016 January - I decided that it was time for me to start reducing (tapering) the paroxetine.The weight that I had gained i could never get rid of, I went from 64kgs in 2011 to 100kgs. 

2016 December - By the end of December I was done with the tapering and was done 1 year reducing almost 4 months pregnant

2019 July 25th - Decided not to fly back to my homecountry to my psychiatrist and went to a psychiatrist here. Amitriptyline 10 mg night,  gabapentin 100 mg 3 x day and xanax xr 0,5 2 times a day and xanax 0,25 IR in s.o.s 

2019 October 2nd - Went to the doctor and the previous psychiatrist had been moved to another district. The new pychiatrist prescribed me Paroxetine 20mg, Lyrica 75 mg 2 times per day and diazepam 6 mg a day.

Hello everyone,

This is my ever first time writing in a forum , I decided to reach out because I am feeling a bit lost.... Excuse if my english is not at it's best as I'm not a native english speaker.

I have tried to make my signature, which became far too long and I had to delete so many things that it felt to me that there were too many things missing, but as I am new to "this", I am hoping someone might help me. 

I am a stay at home mom, have a baby boy with 2 years and nearly 5  months, and since the anxiety and panic attacks are back I feel that it's interfearing with my routine and therefore with the routine of my baby boy as well and that is why I'm here.

First things first I am going to write down all my history with anxiety and panic attacks, at least all I can remember, as I'm very forgetful lately.

2005- cypralex due to panic attacks and GAD (can’t remember dosage) gained 46 kgs

2006- August quit cypralex cold turkey no symptoms that I can remember

2007- January started exercising and diet to lose weight by December i had lost all 46 kgs

2011- Panic attacks and anxiety emerged after break up of a relationship that broke my heart.

Psychiatrist put me on Paroxetine 40mg  trazodone 50mg bromazepam 3mg x2 day

hated trazodone and the way it gave me vivid nightmares so I’ve quit it after a while always with doctor supervision 

2013- Moved back in with my ex , in march I started the tapering of paroxetine, extremely slowly, and by December 31 I was done.

2014- June massive relapse, anxiety, panic attacks, was living abroad and flew back home to see my psychiatrist, started  Prozac 40mg  because I had put on so much weight that was unable to lose, worse choice ever, prozac made me have even more panic attacks during my sleep..... Bromazepam 3mg and trazodone 50mg

2014 September 2nd - Another huge panic attack during my sleep, took me to the ER, where the psychiatrist there put me on xanax xr 0.5 3 times day

October  28 2014 -  Tried to reduce the xanax from 1,5 mg xr a day to 1 mg a day t but i got extremely sick nausea shaking and dizzy my doctor switched me to diazepam 20 mg a day, and also I gave up on Prozac and went back to paroxetine

November 2014 - Had terrible shaking nausea headaches, I suspected it was from the xanax switching

2015 - Had 1 panic attack in June but was stable and still on  paroxetine

2016 January  - I decided that it was time for me to start reducing (tapering) the paroxetineI had moved to another country living happily but the weight that I had gained i could never get rid of, I went from 64kgs in 2011 to 100kgs. 

September 24 th - Found out I was pregnant and still tapering the paroxetine

2016 December  - By the end of December I was done with the tapering and was done 1 year reducing.

2017 - Was totally fine 

2018 - Totally fine

2019 July - Anxiety rising so much I could not leave the house, could not enter any store, or supermarket I would start feeling like I was going to have a panic attack

2019 July 25th - Decided not to fly back to my homecountry to my psychiatrist and went to a psychiatrist here. Prescribed me amitriptyline 10 mgat night, plus gabapentin 100 mg 3 times day and xanax xr 0,5 2 times a day and xanax 0,25 IR in s.o.s 

2019 August - I felt a bit less edgy, calmer but still couldn't leave the house alone nor enter supermarkets. I could walk outside IF I wasn't alone but I never felt safe alone and was always afraid of leaving the house. Gained weight

2019 October 2nd - Went to the doctor and the previous psychiatrist had been moved to another district. The new pychiatrist prescribed me Paroxetine 20mg, Lyrica 75 mg 2 times per day and diazepam 6 mg a day. Since end of July gained 6 kgs

After my last appointment with the new psychiatrist , I start taking the meds on the 3rd of October, but I did nottake the 6 mg of valium he prescribed because I simply knew that it was too low of a dosage and I would have to keep on with the xanax at least a month til I feel that I was stable enough with the paroxetine to switch to a higher dose of diazepam. But when I mentioned to the doctor the 1mg of xanax xr i was taking a day switching me to 6mg of diazepam wasn't very smart not would it be helpful, he said replied to me saying that the lyrica would amplify the effect of diazepam... I was so upset.... truth is  and on that very same day after taking Lyrica 75 mg, I start to feel itchy. I tought it was ok, and on the second day I was still itchy, so I decided to call the doctor to ask him and he told me that it couldn't be related nor an allergic reaction. I knew it wasn't the paroxetine because I had taken paxil before, and I knew it wasn't the xanax as well, so it could only be the lyrica. When I asked my doctor why was he putting me on lyrica his answer was that he could not just stop me the gabapentin, so he said he would switch me to a lower amount, and then reduce more and stop. The thing is, I am itchy every single day all the time, I have to use creams for eczema/atopic skin, and I am drinking 2 liters of water per day, no coffee, no alcohol, nothing with caffeine....... 

I feel like reducing the lyrica in half, from 150mg a day to 75mg, since I am taking it for not even 4 weeks, but I am afraid of how could it affect  me. And about the Xanax, I am still taking the 0.5 xr twice a day but I want to switch to liquid diazepam which I have so I can reduce it and manage dosages better. I am taking the xanax since 25th of July, it's a good while, can any of you advise me? I have read the ashton manual, but I am still afraid. What about the lyrica making me itchy like a dog with fleas? :(

Hello everyone,

I am a stay at home mom, have a baby boy with 2 years and nearly 5  months, and since the anxiety and panic attacks are back I feel that it's interfearing with my routine and therefore with the routine of my baby boy as well and that is why I'm here.

After my last appointment with the new psychiatrist , I start taking the meds on the 3rd of October, but I did nottake the 6 mg of valium he prescribed because I simply knew that it was too low of a dosage and I would have to keep on with the xanax at least a month til I feel that I was stable enough with the paroxetine to switch to a higher dose of diazepam. But when I mentioned to the doctor the 1mg of xanax xr i was taking a day switching me to 6mg of diazepam wasn't very smart not would it be helpful, he said replied to me saying that the lyrica would amplify the effect of diazepam... I was so upset.... truth is  and on that very same day after taking Lyrica 75 mg, I start to feel itchy. I tought it was ok, and on the second day I was still itchy, so I decided to call the doctor to ask him and he told me that it couldn't be related nor an allergic reaction. I knew it wasn't the paroxetine because I had taken paxil before, and I knew it wasn't the xanax as well, so it could only be the lyrica. When I asked my doctor why was he putting me on lyrica his answer was that he could not just stop me the gabapentin, so he said he would switch me to a lower amount, and then reduce more and stop. The thing is, I am itchy every single day all the time, I have to use creams for eczema/atopic skin, and I am drinking 2 liters of water per day, no coffee, no alcohol, nothing with caffeine....... 

I feel like reducing the lyrica in half, from 150mg a day to 75mg, since I am taking it for not even 4 weeks, but I am afraid of how could it affect  me. And about the Xanax, I am still taking the 0.5 xr twice a day but I want to switch to liquid diazepam which I have so I can reduce it and manage dosages better. I am taking the xanax since 25th of July, it's a good while, can any of you advise me? I have read the ashton manual, but I am still afraid. What about the lyrica making me itchy like a dog with fleas? :(

Any help would be so much  valuable and appreciated. 

• Administrator

Welcome, Christy.

Yes, you are doing it correctly! Please post all your questions and status updates in this topic -- only one Introductions topic to a member.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:38 AM, Cristy said:

2017 - Was totally fine 

2018 - Totally fine

In December 2016, you were off all psychiatric drugs, is that correct?

Did something happen in June that might have triggered a reaction? A course of antibiotics? A few glasses of wine?

How did you make the switch from your August cocktail to your October cocktail?

What times of day do you take your drugs now, at what dosages?

On 10/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, Cristy said:

truth is  and on that very same day after taking Lyrica 75 mg, I start to feel itchy. I tought it was ok, and on the second day I was still itchy, so I decided to call the doctor to ask him and he told me that it couldn't be related nor an allergic reaction. I knew it wasn't the paroxetine because I had taken paxil before, and I knew it wasn't the xanax as well, so it could only be the lyrica. When I asked my doctor why was he putting me on lyrica his answer was that he could not just stop me the gabapentin, so he said he would switch me to a lower amount, and then reduce more and stop. The thing is, I am itchy every single day all the time, I have to use creams for eczema/atopic skin, and I am drinking 2 liters of water per day, no coffee, no alcohol, nothing with caffeine....... 

I feel like reducing the lyrica in half, from 150mg a day to 75mg, since I am taking it for not even 4 weeks, but I am afraid of how could it affect  me.

Yes, it could be an allergic reaction to the Lyrica or, since you started them all at the same time, to one of the other drugs you're taking, or it could be a drug-drug interaction. Do you feel more itchy at any particular times of day?

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

Please do not make changes to Xanax or to any of your drugs while we get this sorted out. Thank you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

16 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

In December 2016, you were off all psychiatric drugs, is that correct?

Yes that is correct.

16 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Did something happen in June that might have triggered a reaction? A course of antibiotics? A few glasses of wine?

Yes, I have been through a lot of stress lately with moving house, we want to move to a completely different area, because I live in the countryside ( more specifically in the middle of F*** no where :D ) and since April when we saw the house we wanted to buy and then the guy from the real estate agency basically sold it to someone else without telling us a word, a spiral of things just start happening, sleepless nights, anxiety, then panic attacks, the heat in the summer makes me feel so so bad as well.

20 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

How did you make the switch from your August cocktail to your October cocktail?

The new psychistrist just told me Wednesday when I went to the appointment  "stop the 10 mg of amitriptyline, and start the 20 mg of paroxetine tomorrow morning, stop the gabapentin 100mg 3 times a day and take lyrica 75 mg twice a day, stop the xanax xr and we will switch you to the equivalent dosage of 6mg of valium" That was when I asked him if he actually went to medical school and if he treated anyone with anxiety and panic attacks before.... He did say that no need of wash out period because the 10mg of the amitriptyline was't even therapeutic, and I told him I wanted off of the gabapentin and he said that he couldn't cut me me off, but he would switch me to lyrica with the intention to reduce.

24 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What times of day do you take your drugs now, at what dosages?

8 am i take 20 mg of paroxetine

0.5 xanax xr

75mg of lyrica

20h i take 0.5 xanax xr

75 mg of lyrica

25 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Yes, it could be an allergic reaction to the Lyrica or, since you started them all at the same time, to one of the other drugs you're taking, or it could be a drug-drug interaction. Do you feel more itchy at any particular times of day?

The itching is so bad, I do not wish it to anyone , i swear to you I am desperate to stop taking it, I am drinking 3 liters of water a day, thinking it will help my skin not to feel itchy and dry but nothing helps. 40 min after taking the lyrica starts, it's when I know I have to go for another round of eczema/atopic skin cream, at night the same.

Lately I am having a lot of headaches, like a lot, I know its the xanax, as I start sweating on my palms, I feel hot overall , I start having to go toilet a lot, but I will not up the dose, instead I plan on switching to 20 mg of diazepam divided into 2 am/pm, just waiting a few more weeks for the paroxetine to settle.

I want to thank you so much for replying to me, and taking time to read my post, all of you that did, I am so grateful!

• Administrator
On 10/27/2019 at 11:28 AM, Cristy said:

40 min after taking the lyrica starts, it's when I know I have to go for another round of eczema/atopic skin cream, at night the same.

You are allergic to Lyrica. If I were you, I'd stop taking it right away. You may feel terrible from withdrawal afterward.  Let's figure out how to deal with that if it happens. Please let us know how you're doing.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:28 AM, Cristy said:

That was when I asked him if he actually went to medical school

Good question. I would not see this psychiatrist again, he doesn't know anything about the drugs. You might file a complaint about the Lyrica allergy error with your insurance company or medical board.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

56 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You are allergic to Lyrica. If I were you, I'd stop taking it right away. You may feel terrible from withdrawal afterward.  Let's figure out how to deal with that if it happens. Please let us know how you're doing.

Thank you so much for replying to me, your a sweetheart really! To be hinest, after reading other threads, ad posts about lyrica I feel terribly scared of simply stopping, I thought of cutting it on at least half and see how I feel instead of going completely from 150mg to zero, especially because I spend all day alone with my 2 year old baby. But on the other hand I'm thinking to myself " it's only been not even a month, I have to do this now while I still can." Not than I won't be able to do it afterwards, it just get's harder with time.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Good question. I would not see this psychiatrist again, he doesn't know anything about the drugs. You might file a complaint about the Lyrica allergy error with your insurance company or medical board.

I do not have an insurance company and here in Italy, they do not really care. To be honest I felt straight away that he was bad from the switching without any wash out period, and when he told me to replace the alprazolam 0,5 x2 a day for the 6mg of diazepam a day I just knew there and then that I was going to make things my way, which is what I have done so far, keep on xanax xr till I feel that the paroxetine has start working, and then switch to diazepam and taper because anyways it has been 3 months that I am on xanax and I know the longer the worse although with my dosage shouldn't be a problem. Please do tell me what you think. 

Thank you for replying for taking time to read me, and for everything that you do for everyone here.  

Perhaps any of you more experienced with Lyrica can advise me and tell me what should I do, the more I read the more afraid I get, should I just stop or reduce it at least for a while and see how I feel? The itching is bad and the headaches, but I have read so much stuff I am afraid :( 

I noticed no other members replied to my thread :(

• Administrator

You can cut each Lyrica dose in half to start, if you feel safer with that. Try that for a week. Hopefully, the itching will reduce.

Then, you can cut each dose in half again for a week, see how that goes. See Tips for tapering off Lyrica (pregabalin)

An allergic reaction to a drug is not a good sign.

Hi Alto,

Thank you for replying, i had read that amazing post that you wrote about the lyrica, and the 10% reduction which I totally am a follower of that rule, but not in this case particularly because I have been taking it for less than a month. I will start the cut tomorrow and will keep you posted. I am afraid but my will to leave it is bigger , let's see how it goes. Here I cannot go to the pharmacy and ask them to give me 3 boxes of 25mg intead of the 75mg ones, they will simply not do it. So it is will have to be me doing which I am still seing the water method, since I have small bottles of 20 ml so I will make for starters 2 bottles with different dosages just in case. In 1 bottle I will cut the morning dosage in half, from 75 to 37,5 using 150 mg of lyrica in 20 ml of water and will keep the 75 dosage to see how I feel for 1 week and do the same at night and my dose will be cut in half by taking 37,5 morning and night. 

Thank you and I am scared as hell. I will keep on writing.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Cristy: Hello Everyone!