Prozac and Elavil. Dozes up throughout 25 years. On March 2019 doctor took me off Prozac and the next day I started Celexa. Bad reaction added Trazodone at night. I fast tapered off Elavil during this time I have been off all antidepressant since June 1st 2019. Talk about withdrawals ! Insomnia is driving me crazy my brain zaps have subsided I still have buzzing in my head and stuffed up but I'm not depressed it's crazy I feel like s*** though  lost a lot of weight went to doctor today for lab work everything turned out fine she gave me trazodone for insomnia and said the reason my head was buzzing and I'm stopped up was from lack of sleep. I'm not going to take it. I've started walking and eating better I've had some fun days but I mostly still sit around and watch TV or on internet

• Administrator

Welcome, Cher.

You were taking Prozac and Elavil together? How did you go off Celexa and trazodone? When did the withdrawal symptoms start?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hello, Cherio. Here's your Introductions topic.

What is your sleep pattern? What's your drug schedule? When did the tinnitus start?

Please answer my questions above as well.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 years later...

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.