Erell

What can we do To Change the Channel?

Erell

Hi everyone !

Well, I'm convinced with the importance of trying regurlaly To change the Channel. But sometimes, I really don't know how To do it, what kind of activity I could try. And my motivation and creativity are often down. Most of the I'm housebounded because of agoraphobia. 

And then I wonder  : how do others in WD occupy their days ?

So I thought  : why  not sharing our ideas ?

Here are some :

- my father gave me a challenge : make a playlist of 1000 pieces of music that I like, from 1000 différent artists ( he is already at 500!)

- focus on a puzzle.

- Sort your clothes.

Of course these are not miracle solutions, and sometimes you can only try for 5 minutes. Also, sometimes you can't try these ideas at all. 

For example  : it is often impossible for me To listen To music. And when I began To try To sort my clothes, I actually let them on the floor for 3 weeks before I found the courage To really sort them. 

And it is perfectly ok. 

My idea with this topic is just To create a box in which anybody could pick up ideas when days are long and full of mourning, and try them To see if it helps.

So what are yours? :)

Baxter

Knitting when I'm exhausted.

Walking outdoors where there are some views of trees, meadow, water... watching birds at the feeders on my deck. 

bubbles

I listen to podcasts. It's harder to get caught in my thinking if someone is talking into my ears (earbuds).

At times I have pulled myself up from the thinking. I actually put my hand up into a 'stop' position and say 'stop'. Must look odd, so I only do it if I'm alone. :)

Erell
6 hours ago, bubbles said:

I listen to podcasts. It's harder to get caught in my thinking if someone is talking into my ears (earbuds).

Oh yes, I started To listen To podcasts about a week ago, and it's great To change the Channel! 

What kind of podcasts do you listen To?

(Actually I find the 'stop' really great To remind yourself To stay in the now 😉)

Healingnow
  • Learned how to make sourdough bread - a process that takes place over several days. Made my first two loaves yesterday!
  • Meditate using Headspace app or some other guided meditation. 
  • Watching travel shows on TV and dreaming of the day I feel good enough to travel
  • Like 1

bubbles
On 11/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, Erell said:

What kind of podcasts do you listen To?

I find myself listening to political podcasts, diet (as in whole food, nutrition and cooking, not necessarily losing weight), news. I'm sure there are more but that's what comes to mind now! YouTube has all sorts that I often turn on and just listen to rather than watch. I'm quite eclectic. I also like audio books.