SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Christinaaa: off Sertraline, still on and off dizziness/nausea

Christinaaa

Hi all, I was on Sertraline up to 75mg then from March-June then 50mg June-August then tappered off early September. I have been off for almost 2 months and recently started having mild dizziness, nausea, vision strain. My anxiety is increased and I am not surprised by that. I can handle that for now. Have you guys had the dizziness and spacy off balance feeling months after stopping Sertraline? It is so frustrating and it can make it hard to work or care for my kids. I am thankful I found this site. Thank you for any advice and help.

• Altostrata changed the title to Christinaaa off Sertraline, still on and off dizziness/nausea
  • Administrator

Welcome, Chris.

How did you go off sertaline? Did you have withdrawal symptoms while you were tapering? How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

HI Christinaaa,

I just joined because my 19 year old daughter is having very similar situation.  She was on 50mg for 11 years, and we tapered her off over a 6 week period (per Dr.) this summer.  She did great during and after, no issues.  Now 3 months later she's suddenly having major dizziness, headaches, nausea, stomach pain and falling.  I'm reading now about possible reinstatement - I left a message for her Dr. but I have a feeling he won't believe this is tied to the sertraline - he had the attitude that 50mg is a small dose and it wouldn't be a big deal, and I stupidly believed him.  We don't have any left in our house, so will need him (or someone) to give us a new Rx if we go that route.  I'm not really comfortable "experimenting" on her, but at the same time she's in college and missed 2 days last week because she felt so sick and felt unsafe to drive and she's miserable.  I hope you get more replies and suggestions.  I really feel for you.

(my daughter: 23yrs old)  

1.  Sertraline: 2010 - 2019: varying doses from 50-150mg.  2019: July 1 - Aug 10 6-week taper from 50 to 0mg, Nov 6: begin severe PAWS, Nov 10: Reinstate 1mg. Held for 1.5 yrs.  2021: Mar 5 Began slow taper 1% per month. 3/31/24: .664mg

2.  Baclofen 20mg: Begin May 2017

3. Amitriptyline 25mg: Begin May 2017

2020: Apr 20: started 2%/month taper. 4/30/23: 10mg. Will hold at 10mg until complete other tapers.

4.  Noscapine 200mg: Begin Oct 2018   2020 Apr 20: reduce to 150mg, had withdrawal symptoms. Aug 2 began 3.5%/month taper. 3/31/24: 20mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to Christinaaa: off Sertraline, still on and off dizziness/nausea