Rrsfc

Rrsfc: a lot of drugs later some stabilization

manymoretodays

Hi Rrsfc,

I don't know much about your experience of psychosis.  But I did want to mention the Hearing Voices Network: https://www.hearing-voices.org/

They may have support groups, online or possibly even Zoom, where you might find some help.

And more, here :  Alternatives for psychotic outbreaks

Also, in the Media:  https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/5380-psychiatrist-some-patients-are-better-off-without-antipsychotic-drugs

And yes, keep us updated.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
additional links

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

BadMedicine

@Rrsfc I wish you well with your continued journey. It’s great that you have managed to get to a point where you can be stable on a low enough dose that you are able to be happy and live a meaningful life. Try not to overlook this success. Hopefully by stabilising on this dose for some time will give you a good foundation for trying to reduce further when you attempt in the future. I think your strategy sounds like a good one and will give you every chance of success. 

Sept 2018 - Nov 2018 200mg sertraline, 7.5mg olanzapine. 

Nov 2018 - Jan 2018 200mg sertraline, 30mg mirtazapine, 7.5mg olanzapine.

Jan 2019 - mid Feb 2019 reduced sertraline from 200 - 50mg, 7.5mg olanzapine, 30mg mirtazapine.

Feb 2019- Jun 2019 30mg mirtazapine, 50mg sertraline, 7.5mg olanzapine.

Jun 2019 - Oct 2019 30mg mirtazapine, 50mg sertraline, 5mg olanzapine.

Oct 2019 - Nov 2019 37.gmg sertraline, 39mg mirtazapine, 5mg olanzapine.

Nov 2019 -Dec 2019 25mg sertraline, 30mg mirtazapine, 5mg olanzapine. Jan 2020 18.75mg sertraline, 5mg olanzapine, 30mg mirtazapine. Feb 2020 0mg sertraline, 2.5mg olanzapine, 30mg mirtazapine. May 2020 1.8mg olanzapine, 30mg mirtazapine. Aug 2020 2.5mg olanzapine, 30mg mirtazapine.

Rrsfc

@BadMedicine thank you for your words of encouragement, stabilizing on a low dose is really good, I'll enjoy it. Like you I want to give myself the best chance at success, hence the seasonal taper. I wish you well too!

@manymoretodays thank you for the links, I browsed and they seem really interesting. I intend to read them when I get the chance. I'm part of the hearing voices Facebook group and there's some info there, but I haven't read it all yet. It's a sensitive issue for me, accepting that I "hear voices", I have to work on acceptance. At first I didn't accept my own experiences, now I accept them more but when I see other's people's experiences I feel a little scared to tell the truth. It all seems so distressing and weird, I have to go slow. My voice in this last crisis was really polite and meaningfull, much like an inner voice, sometimes I couldn't tell if it was me thinking or the voice. It changed over the years. No one ever cared to understand this voice, no one analised the content but I believe this is really important.

@ChessieCat thank you for sharing and the encouragement, I will post on how I'm doing during this hold on 2,5mg year. 

2007 - 15mg olanzapine, mood stabilizer, benzo, quetiapine 2009 - aripiprazol, benzo, lamotrigine 100mg 2015 - olzp 15mg, zolpidem 2017 - trazodone 2 weeks, cold turkey, lamotrigine and zolpidem, olzp 15mg, mood stabilizer, benzo 2018 - olzp 5mg, Nov olzp 2,5mg down directly from 5mg no symptoms 2019 - olzp 2,5mg cold turkey Jan after 12 days reinstated, cutting pills Nov 14 days reinstated 2,5mg 2020 - olzp 2,5 water taper by 2,5% 1,9mg (september) 45 days at 5mg, now at 2,5mg (28.10)

Rrsfc

@morgana hi, I'm so sorry you're struggling, just take it slow. When I have sleep issues while tapering it's on the first or second day after dropping a dose and I immediately hold or go up a little bit (50% of the drop). From 2,5mg down I found dropping 10% was unmanageable, 5% strong headaches but good sleep, 2,5% just fine, no symptoms. You just have to find your pace, and it may change from dose to dose. For instance I came down from 5 to 2,5mg directly with no issues whatsoever but bellow 2,5mg things get complicated. I wish you well on your journey too! 

2007 - 15mg olanzapine, mood stabilizer, benzo, quetiapine 2009 - aripiprazol, benzo, lamotrigine 100mg 2015 - olzp 15mg, zolpidem 2017 - trazodone 2 weeks, cold turkey, lamotrigine and zolpidem, olzp 15mg, mood stabilizer, benzo 2018 - olzp 5mg, Nov olzp 2,5mg down directly from 5mg no symptoms 2019 - olzp 2,5mg cold turkey Jan after 12 days reinstated, cutting pills Nov 14 days reinstated 2,5mg 2020 - olzp 2,5 water taper by 2,5% 1,9mg (september) 45 days at 5mg, now at 2,5mg (28.10)

manymoretodays
3 hours ago, Rrsfc said:

I'm part of the hearing voices Facebook group and there's some info there, but I haven't read it all yet. It's a sensitive issue for me, accepting that I "hear voices", I have to work on acceptance. At first I didn't accept my own experiences, now I accept them more but when I see other's people's experiences I feel a little scared to tell the truth. It all seems so distressing and weird, I have to go slow. My voice in this last crisis was really polite and meaningfull, much like an inner voice, sometimes I couldn't tell if it was me thinking or the voice. It changed over the years. No one ever cared to understand this voice, no one analised the content but I believe this is really important.

I'm glad to hear this ^.  Yes, of course.......take it slow, and keep in mind that we are each really unique too.  That helps me, when I tend to compare too much with others experiences, or get scared and even take on symptoms sometimes, that I did not even have before.

Yup, I believe it is important too.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

morgana

hi Rrsfc thanks  for the advice, i am going to start yoga classes and i will definately look at those links to meditation you supplied me with, thankyou....i must admit i havnt meditated in years, basically because of the akaethsia, the thought of sitting in the same place seems so unberable, but i will give it a go for sure...i am also eating well...raw vegies everynight, makes me feel really good.  I find eating healthy stops the ups and downs of my moods, also helps with anger for some reason too...not sooo moody... thankyou for the support, 

Diagnosed with Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder and Schizo-effective Disorder. 

Cipramil  40mg  1996 to October 2017 stopped cold turkey

Zyprexa 10mg solid form  1996 to October 2017

Zyprexa 7.5mg solid form  October 2017 to October 2018

Zyprexa 5mg solid form  October 2018 to April 2020

Zyprexa 3.75mg solid form April 2020 to May 2020

Zyprexa 2.5mg solid form  May 2020 to September 2020

Zyprexa 2.5mg liquid form September to Mid October 2020 - couldnt sleep

Zyprexa 2.5mg solid form  Mid October 2020 to 10 Nov 2020

Zyprexa 2.5mg solid 3/4 and liquid form 1/4  11 Nov 2020 to present

Supplements:  B complex, Multi vitamin, Omega fish oil, Magnesium