ColdTurkeySoup

Rough Mornings

ColdTurkeySoup

Hello everyone. Something I've noticed during my recovery from Psychiatric med withdrawal is that a pretty predictable pattern occurs...I generally feel super groggy/foggy/mentally out of it in the mornings, and this lasts for about 4-5 hours or so before my head starts to clear. Usually my evenings are pretty good these days! Does anyone else notice this? Is there a reason why mornings are particularly rough?

UnfoldingSky

I'm mostly recovered and yes some of my symptoms were worse in the mornings.  Very frustrating when you have to be up and with it early in the morning!

Armorall

I always thought the mornings were hard because of the cortisol spike, but if you're waking up groggy, then that's a different beast.

Unfolding Sky, did you have cortisol mornings? If so, did they subside?

Mole25

Hi there,

Yes, I  can confirm this. And I am scared of everything. Including noises, shopping, seeing someone I know or even cooking something different I react with a strong brain zap. Yuk. I feel strong brain movement and tension. Shaky legs, nausea and sweat. This seems to go around about 2 in the afternoon. My "Charly" reappears for 10 mins in the evening and allows me a good night sleep. 

And then tmw again "Groundhog day". In the book Devils Candy the author says that the cortisol spike shortens in time and will disappear. 

Winter now  has caused a relapse however and has meant that one is more at home and then thoughts tend to go around and around. So now I must get out my paints and get my mind occupied.

I take cannabis, ashwangada (spelt right?) and omega oil. Garden work, sport and meeting up with people. This causes initially more anxiety/zaps and this is not easy but it pays.

I hope this of help.

Look forward to replies - on how you deal with this.

Mole 

ColdTurkeySoup
On 11/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, Mole25 said:

Hi there,

Yes, I  can confirm this. And I am scared of everything. Including noises, shopping, seeing someone I know or even cooking something different I react with a strong brain zap. Yuk. I feel strong brain movement and tension. Shaky legs, nausea and sweat. This seems to go around about 2 in the afternoon. My "Charly" reappears for 10 mins in the evening and allows me a good night sleep. 

And then tmw again "Groundhog day". In the book Devils Candy the author says that the cortisol spike shortens in time and will disappear. 

Winter now  has caused a relapse however and has meant that one is more at home and then thoughts tend to go around and around. So now I must get out my paints and get my mind occupied.

I take cannabis, ashwangada (spelt right?) and omega oil. Garden work, sport and meeting up with people. This causes initially more anxiety/zaps and this is not easy but it pays.

I hope this of help.

Look forward to replies - on how you deal with this.

Mole 

Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry to hear that you are still suffering. It sounds like our morning symptoms are quite different -- you have issues with Coristol spikes and possibly an overactive nervous system. For me, it's kind of the opposite. I don't have any anxiety, fear, or zaps, but rather a groggy "out of it" kind of feeling, where everything is kind of dulled by this mental fog. It clears as the day goes on though, and I usually feel quite good by mid afternoon. Honestly, the worst of my journey was because of my benzo withdrawal, and my more recent AD withdrawal has been less intense and shorter lasting (possibly because I went cold turkey off the benzos and reduced the AD by 25%) Bottom line is that I'm feeling MUCH better now, and after about 38 months of varying degrees of suffering, things are really starting to look up. The common theme for both the benzo and AD withdrawl has been that things are worse in the mornings and gradually improve as the day goes on. Very strange how the brain works!

Mole25

Hi there,

Pleased that you are starting to feel better. I know in the end I will get better - I must be patient. 

Take care, Mole

ColdTurkeySoup
On 11/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Mole25 said:

Hi there,

Pleased that you are starting to feel better. I know in the end I will get better - I must be patient. 

Take care, Mole

Thanks! There are no words to describe the absolute relief I feel. I'm still not 100%, but compared to how I was feeling at my worst, this is heaven. Patience is the key. It's hard to stay positive and truly believe that things are going to improve when you've been suffering for years, but it really does happen.