sunnysideup69

A youtube success story from The Lovely Grind

Altostrata

@sunnysideup69, which is the success story? This person certainly has done a lot of work regarding recovery from psychiatric drug withdrawal.

sunnysideup69

Hi @Altostrata, I've watched about fifty per cent of the vids, and at the beginning of mostly all of them he mentions that he is, I think, now 5 years off Paxil and 4 years off Xanax. However, so far I haven't heard a specific video where he chronologically goes through his withdrawal journey, it's more a case that he gives fragments of the story away in different videos. Maybe this should be in a different space?

Altostrata

He is encouraging and he has recovered. I believe he went through a number of years of PAWS. I've asked him for more specifics.

• Like 1

sunnysideup69

Great stuff! I'd love to know the ins and outs of his recovery. He namechecks Surviving Antidepressants in one of his earlier videos also, he seems to have been a member :)

Altostrata

Hmmmm, I see lots of our influence in his work. 😚

Alice1

@Altostrata  Hes was on 20-40 mg of Paxil and 4-6 mg of Xanax for 14 years .. He CT'd the Paxil and tapered the Xanax over a year . He was on stiff amounts of blood pressure meds as well .  He smoked a pack of cigarettes a day and drank a lot of beer ( during WD ) .. He turned the corner at 24-36 months and has been off everything for 6 years .. He's a writer and a very encouraging guy .. 

Armorall

I found SA through watching Michael Priebe (someone had asked him in the comments if he'd write a success story for SA).

I've paid for coaching from him. They were good Skype sessions.  

sunnysideup69

@Alice1, yeah, heard him mention the beers....perhaps he could have shortened his recovery time if he had laid off them, but the main thing is, he recovered 😁😀

Was also quite relieved to hear him say he took between 24 and 36 months to really turn the corner. Not that I wished him long suffering, just more confirmation that it's normal. He's very encouraging to listen to, I've been listening in this wave and it's really helped.

sunnysideup69
1 hour ago, Armorall said:

I found SA through watching Michael Priebe (someone had asked him in the comments if he'd write a success story for SA).

I've paid for coaching from him. They were good Skype sessions.  

I wondered if they would be helpful ...that's interesting. I notice he's written quite a few books, too. 

Armorall

Yes, I have one of the books. I'm not religious, but there is some nice info on them, quotes that talk about how all the "damage" is reversible with proper care and so forth, that withdrawal is only temporary.

Also, after the coaching sessions, you get notes from the session to reflect upon.  

sunnysideup69
5 hours ago, Armorall said:

Yes, I have one of the books. I'm not religious, but there is some nice info on them, quotes that talk about how all the "damage" is reversible with proper care and so forth, that withdrawal is only temporary.

Also, after the coaching sessions, you get notes from the session to reflect upon.  

That's pretty cool and he does seem like a remarkably positive individual. I'm not religious either, but I'd say I have spiritual beliefs, and I could relate in that similar respect. 

Elyssa143

Michael  has been an absolute blessing to me. Ive been having sessions with him now for a year. He is so kind, positive and supportive.  He listens and is always encouraging.  He spends so much time writing the follow up notes as well. Im really greatful for him. We dont always talk the whole time about withdrawl now either he helps me with some life stuff as well. And is always there for a quick reassurance through emails! 

sunnysideup69
On 11/12/2019 at 6:57 PM, Elyssa143 said:

Michael  has been an absolute blessing to me. Ive been having sessions with him now for a year. He is so kind, positive and supportive.  He listens and is always encouraging.  He spends so much time writing the follow up notes as well. Im really greatful for him. We dont always talk the whole time about withdrawl now either he helps me with some life stuff as well. And is always there for a quick reassurance through emails! 

That's amazing! Sounds really supportive.Im so glad you're finding him helpful.

Sassenach

Hi Sunny

What supplements are you reintroducing and why.

Are they for diagnosed conditions?

Sassenach