SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Meeka: Zoloft with horrible insomnia

Meeka

I need some advice, and reassurance. I have been on Zoloft (Setraline) for about 5 years and I have never really had any problems going on it from what I remember, I was on 50mg and never went up any higher occasionally if I forgot a dose I would be reminded with brain zaps, I occasionally got dilated pupils which may have been the zoloft and thats really the only issues I got. Then one day I went to my Dr about some issue and she then decided to up my dose to 100mg. Faithfully like a good patient I took it and about a month later I had horrible insomnia and racing heart so I was put back on 50mg. The side effects subsided within a week and that all was fine until, 2 months being back on the 50mg I got the same symptoms again, racing heart and insomnia, so I decided to quit them. After about a week my heart is back to normal but 3 weeks later i'm still suffering really bad insomnia.... Will this go away... I have never had any issues falling asleep before but now I can lay awake trying to sleep for hours! Sometimes I will try all night and sleep won't come, its given me really bad anxiety about bed time, I also seem to never feel tired.. I will have to force sleep even after a day without it, This is horrible and giving me real anxiety over it. The Dr gave me Quitapine 25mg for sleep but I just want my normal sleep back. Is this the Zoloft? Will this fade?

2014/ sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg

2019 Aug/ Zoloft dose increased to 100 mg, adverse effects, decrease to 50 mg,   2019 Nov/ CT after adverse effects

2019 Nov/ Quetiapine 25mg 
2020 Jan/ 13th Zoloft 5mg, reinstated 2020 Jan 15th/ increased to 25mg Zoloft, 2020 Jan 22nd/ increased to 50mg Zoloft 

2021 April/ started decreasing Zoloft 

2022 Jan/ Take Zoloft 50mg pill every 3 weeks or when I feel WD brain zaps (stopped completely about march 2022,  

2022 March Started Mirtazapine 30mg, 2022 Nov Taper Mirtazapine to 15mg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Meeka.  Sorry for the delay in responding to you.

What has very likely happened is that your nervous system has become sensitized from all the dose changes.  This is called kindling.   You were okay on 50mg initially but after the dose changes that is no longer the case.  You are also suffering from withdrawal from the cold turkey off Zoloft.

By no longer taking the Zoloft, you've eliminated one cause of the insomnia.  However, the other source, withdrawal, remains.  Insomnia is one of the most common withdrawal symptoms.

The insomnia will fade with time.  Unfortunately, we can't tell you how much time.  While some recover fairly quickly others take longer.  

You are wise not to take the Quetiapine.  It is very easy to become dependent on it and once you are dependent it requires a slow taper to get off it.

We recommend non-drug techniques to deal with withdrawal symptoms.

Tips to help sleep - so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Trick and tips to fall asleep faster

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   

It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as .25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Altostrata changed the title to Meeka Zoloft with horrible insomnia
  • Administrator

Hello, Meeka, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi just logged on and read the comments Im doing ok thank you for asking, insomnia still there but I am getting enough sleep now, only problem is not feeling tired, I dont really feel sleepy when I should. And im still getting occasional brain zaps, but no where as bad as I use to. Still a little worried about the whole wired feeling but I suppose this will fade? Thank you for your comments. It has helped a lot 😃 wasn't expecting to have withdrawals for this long but I have read that some have them for longer.   

2019 Aug/ Zoloft dose increased to 100 mg, adverse effects, decrease to 50 mg,   2019 Nov/ CT after adverse effects

2020 Jan/ 13th Zoloft 5mg, reinstated 2020 Jan 15th/ increased to 25mg Zoloft, 2020 Jan 22nd/ increased to 50mg Zoloft 

2022 Jan/ Take Zoloft 50mg pill every 3 weeks or when I feel WD brain zaps (stopped completely about march 2022,  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I still have insomnia but my worst issue is never feeling tired? At all, is this apart of the insomnia problem? I have been taking one pill of 25mg of Quetiapine for sleep which makes me sleep better than if I didnt take them but the Dr now wants me to start the pills Mirtazapine shes saying that the quetiapine isnt an antidepressant and is only a sleeping aid? I do not plan on taking this medication Mirtazapine as I dont want anything else to happen...... This is the same Dr who seen me at the Hospital after upping my dose of Setraline and I suffered with Insomnia and fast heart rate and told me it was Gastro..  Shes blaming the insomnia on Depression.
I know the insomnia is from the setraline because the fast heart rate and the insomnia started at the same time..
I just want to know if never feeling tired is a symptom of withdrawing from the setraline stuff still......

So over it...

• 1 month later...

Hi I know this is not my post but I need help.  I stopped taking setraline after an increase in dose 100mg setraline made my heart race and severe insomnia started. I then went back to 50mg all was ok for a month then symptoms started again. So I CT altogether. Since then I have still had insomnia, fast heart rate and this last week I have been getting kidney pain and cant eat properly, I throw up in the mornings and feel hot and sometimes sweat. Is this Withdrawal symptoms 2 months after stopping Setraline CT ? Im thinking about going back on setraline to reduce withdrawal effects but what dose do I start on? 

Edited by manymoretodays
moved from Hell's introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Meeka, @Meeka

I just moved your post from another members topic back here to your introduction.  This is the best place for your posts right now.  It's really helpful to have your information all in one place.

Can you clarify for us what you are taking now, or some of your recent drug history with dates?  One way to do this:

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature to help the moderators.

Just follow the instructions in the link above

Or........post right here. 

Note the time on the left.   And then by name and dose any drugs you are presently taking on the right. 

When did you go off sertraline?  Even an approximate date is helpful.

Are you still taking quetiapine?  Dates of usage?

Did you start mirtazapine?

How are you doing today?

12 hours ago, Meeka said:

Is this Withdrawal symptoms 2 months after stopping Setraline CT ? Im thinking about going back on setraline to reduce withdrawal effects but what dose do I start on? 

And yes, we do see WD(withdrawal) symptoms all the time 2 mos. after stopping.  Did you get a look at some of the links in the first post to you, above?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

including this^ for reference.

Tips for tapering off Zoloft(sertraline)

^ I'm also including this for reference, good information as far as options for getting the smaller doses needed for reinstatement

I think we need some more information from you, before any suggestions can be made.  Especially around your more recent drugs/medications.  Do you have any sertraline left?  And keep in mind, that we usually are going to recommend a dose much smaller than what you had been on.

Hope to hear from you soon.

All for now.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
added Zoloft(sertraline) link for reference

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator

Hello, Meeka. Yes, you have withdrawal syndrome. You might do better with a reinstatement of 5mg Zoloft. It comes in a prescription liquid for this purpose.

See Tips for tapering off Zoloft(sertraline)

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

As someone who struggle with insomnia I am really sorry you have to go through this hell Meeka. And don't worry about posting in my thread about your problem. I hope you can recover soon. Take care.

2015 - Elicea for 2 months, quit cold turkey, survived withdrawal (brain zaps, severe depression)

2018 - april to july, Xanax, quit cold turkey, no serious withdrawal symptoms

2018 - august to late december, Mirtazapine, psychiatrist got me off it cold turkey

2019 - january to april, Seroxat, again stopped cold turkey, developed double vision if looking at close screens etc.

2019 - june to 13th november, Zyprexa (2.5mg-10mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking it

2019 - middle october to november 13th, Zoloft (0.6mg-25mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking

Horrible withdrawal with severe insomnia afterwards, not feeling hungry or sleepy, never tired, stomach problems, nausea...

24th november - reinstated 2.5mg zyprexa

3rd december - 5mg zyprexa

new symptoms - glare, halos around lights, muscle twitching worse, eyelid and cheek twitching every 5-10 minutes

11th january 2020 - 4.3mg zyprexa 

Late 2020 (gradually finished the taper back then) to present - meds free. No improvements regarding sleep. Developed dry eyes because lack of it. Only positive change is that I do feel sleepy now but sleep is the same, broken and not good.

No never took Mitazipine or whatever it is. im scared its something else I been to doctor they did bloods but all came back good. I dont feel well... I really hope its just withdrawals.  

This morning I cut up a 50mg setraline pill hopefully was close to 5mg .  Im also taking since this morning a Beta blocker Tensig 25mg  for the fast heart rate, I wanted to get off all these medications.... I never had any Insomnia, heart rate issues before the Dr upped my dosage to 100mg of setraline about 6ish months ago? I've just gone down hill since. 
Would her upping my dose from 50mg to 100mg caused all this......  I was never on any other medications or drugs, I dont even smoke or have any alcohol..... I feel so defeated..... 
Also Hell I have been reading your story and really I can relate with the insomnia, its horrible, Mine stared up a month after the Dr put me on 100mg I cannot sleep without taking 12mg of Quietiapine (however its spelt)  I guess I feel confused because all my symptoms with switching dosages and quitting CT have all been delayed reactions. I hate this so much... 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mika,

You just started the Tensig today/yesterday?  The comparable beta blocker here in the U.S. is called Atenolol.

We encourage members to learn more about their drugs, and also to check interactions at this site:  Drugs.com

What comes up for you, as far as drug interactions is here.

Best to keep the beta blocker and sertraline now spaced out(time of dosing) from the quetiapine.

And both your quetiapine and beta blocker should be tapered off, rather than just quitting them or CT(cold turkey). 

So you have been on the 12 mg of quetiapine for 2 months now?

Tips for tapering off Zoloft(sertraline)

^ this will give you some ideas about how to get a 5 mg dose of sertraline

Have you had a chance to look at this to learn how to be a bit more accurate with your sertraline reinstatement. 

Also, as you've just started something new, in the way of Tensig, you might want to observe and see how you do with that, before doing your reinstatement of sertraline.  It just really helps to do some careful observation now that you are well into a Withdrawal Syndrome.

How are you today?

Best. L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi yes 12mg of the Quietiapine for around 2 months I have already started Setraline in the mornings about 5mgs I cut up the 50mg pill. How long Do I have to do this before I can up the dosage? I also take the tensig half a tablet of 25mg in the mornings as well.
Im still not doing well... Im waking up feeling nauseous, im having hot flushes and sweating also kidney pain. Im so scared its something else... I cant do this much longer, Im panicking over this...   

• Administrator

Meeka, did you take a piece of Zoloft? How did you feel afterward?

You're also taking quetiapine at night? Please add approximate dates you started quetiapine and beta blocker in your signature.

How do you feel after you take quetiapine?

I feel that I can sleep on the quetiapine I have added that to my signature it makes me sleepy I take it at night before bed,"

The last 2 mornings I have taken 5mg Setraline but my anxiety is still through the roof with how im feeling.. I dont really have any relief at the moment.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, Meeka said:

Hi I still have insomnia but my worst issue is never feeling tired? At all, is this apart of the insomnia problem?

Meeka, I was also taking Sertraline 50mg, and I can tell you that my sleep is now largely normal.

It felt like I was never going to get out. But I did, and so will you :}

- March 2017: 50mg Sertraline starts

- August 2017: up to 100mg

- February 2018: down to 50mg

- November 2018: one-week taper down to 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

On 1/14/2020 at 6:27 PM, Meeka said:

Hi yes 12mg of the Quietiapine for around 2 months I have already started Setraline in the mornings about 5mgs I cut up the 50mg pill. How long Do I have to do this before I can up the dosage? I also take the tensig half a tablet of 25mg in the mornings as well.
Im still not doing well... Im waking up feeling nauseous, im having hot flushes and sweating also kidney pain. Im so scared its something else... I cant do this much longer, Im panicking over this...   

Hi Meeka,

Easy does it right now.  And yes, the panic feelings can be quite extreme.  Let's continue to try and get some of your recent history sorted out.  And then I'll give another link to show you how you can give us some daily notes. 

How's this look for your signature?   I put the years first and then the drugs and dosages.  We don't usually ask for symptoms in the signature.  This is the part that you see below posts and just a brief snapshot of your recent medication history.

2011 Paradoxene(? paroxetine) 20mg, brief use, adverse reactions.
2011-2014 Cymbalta
2014-2019 sertraline (zoloft) 50mg

2019- ? October,  sertraline dose increased to 100 mg, adverse effects, decrease to 50 mg, and then CT early November
2019 early November, Quetiapine 25mg , to 12.5 mg
2020 January 13 Setraline 5mg  reinstated, added Tensig 12.5 mg(like atenolol, a beta blocker)

If that all looks okay, I can plug it in, or if you feel up to it, you can do that by going to Accounts Settings> signature(on the left) and then edit it yourself.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, Altostrata said:

Meeka, did you take a piece of Zoloft? How did you feel afterward?

You're also taking quetiapine at night? Please add approximate dates you started quetiapine and beta blocker in your signature.

How do you feel after you take quetiapine?

On 1/15/2020 at 4:45 AM, Meeka said:

I feel that I can sleep on the quetiapine I have added that to my signature it makes me sleepy I take it at night before bed,"

The last 2 mornings I have taken 5mg Setraline but my anxiety is still through the roof with how im feeling.. I dont really have any relief at the moment.

We are trying to figure out how the symptoms are related to your drugs.

Any relief after taking the Tensig(beta blocker) 12.5 mg ?

Take a look at this too, Meeka:  Keeping daily notes of drugs and symptoms

You could try reporting back in a format like the sample one you'll see there.

(((((((Meeka)))))))

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
Account link added, corrected present quetiapine dose

Sorry yes that looks all fine thank you so much, I actually had worsening of withdrawal symptoms and extreme panic so I upped my dose to 25mg Setraline 4 days ago hoping I would get rid of the WD effects, the Nausea is gone it went away 2 days ago but still having some panic and hot flushes. My mind seems to be confused by all of this. But hoping the worst is over..  

My mind doesn't seem to be with it at the moment, still very spacey and zoned out

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Meeka,

Okay, good on your signature now.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:48 PM, Meeka said:

Sorry yes that looks all fine thank you so much, I actually had worsening of withdrawal symptoms and extreme panic so I upped my dose to 25mg Setraline 4 days ago hoping I would get rid of the WD effects, the Nausea is gone it went away 2 days ago but still having some panic and hot flushes. My mind seems to be confused by all of this. But hoping the worst is over..  

How are you?

Could you add the updose to 25 mg. of Sertraline to your signature?  January 15.  Account Settings> signature

What is a day like for you now? 

On 1/19/2020 at 10:50 PM, Meeka said:

My mind doesn't seem to be with it at the moment, still very spacey and zoned out

Sounds like brain fog.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15496-brain-fog-blank-mind-comprehension-concentration-cognitive-and-memory-

How is your sleep?

Just checking on you.  @Meeka

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
added an @ notification for member

My sleep is ok, I will have times where I feel ok but most of the time Im riddled with anxiety I am having some trouble with my appetite and still having hot flashes and clammy hands and feet, it seems to be worse during the day. My mind races and I often think these symptoms are from something else going on with me I need constant reassurance that they are indeed withdrawal symptoms. I get panicy still. My normal day is I will lay in bed as long as I can have a panic attack try to relax and go back to sleep. I will finally get up have a long bath to try to relax, out of the bath I will try to eat and drink something then usually panic again. then it will calm down and seem to be a little better by the late afternoon. Constantly browsing SA for similar symptoms.. Worry I have cancer or something like that....... Worry how long I will be like this for..... Planning my death....  Then around bed time it will seem to sometimes lift and I will feel great, I will feel like eating and doing stuff. watch tv.. Nausea hasn't really come back, but worry it will as I cant deal with nausea....  Heart rate seems ok sometimes, sleep is fine. I do manage to eat when I can. The more I do I find the more I have hot flashes and sweat or become clammy in the hands and feet. I have to go for drives nearly every night to calm me. Had to take some Valium 5mg sometimes when it gets bad. I find all it really does is relax me... When it gets bad I feel left side kidney ache and worry its something kidney related....... I worry about my health alot.. Im just coping at the moment with all these withdrawal symptoms.....

• ChessieCat changed the title to Meeka: Zoloft with horrible insomnia
  • 1 year later...

Hi all have logged back in after so long,
Read up on my forum and decided to leave you all an update.

I'm doing much better these days. 
I'm taking sertraline as I need it, so not every day. Probably maybe one 50mg tablet every 2 weeks or so.
Whenever I feel the electric shock like feelings come on I seem to take one.
My plan is to come off it completely.

I also don't sleep unless I take 25mg of Quetiapine every night.
If I don't, I don't sleep.

My appetite is much better.
The random sweating has gone.

The nausea has gone.
The pain in my stomach I was experiencing is gone.
Dr put it down to gastritis probably due to all the throwing up I was doing at the time. I needed to take a certain medication so my stomach could heal. Now off that medication.

Overall sleeping 8 or more hours a night. 
Just still can't sleep naturally. Which is the only issue.

Also if anyone can tell me but can a side affect of Quetiapine be weight gain?

Thank you all so much for your support xx 

Edited by ChessieCat
Resized font

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Meeka said:

I'm taking sertraline as I need it, so not every day. Probably maybe one 50mg tablet every 2 weeks or so.

@Meeka, how often do you take sertraline over a week?

In January 2020, you were taking approximately 5mg per day. When did you stop taking this? Please update your signature.

Yes, quetiapine commonly causes weight gain. This can lead to diabetes.

I would say that I would take one pill every 3 weeks. That's when I feel the zap like sensations come on and then I would take another to stop the sensation. 

I want to get off the quetiapine completely. Wanting to switch out to another drug that doesn't cause weight gain. 

• 10 months later...

Zoloft insomnia after 2 years.

Hi I haven't been on here for awhile but I need advice. I last had wrote in here around 2019 with a bad reaction to zoloft. 

So I was on zoloft for a long time years and then because I was sleeping too much the Dr put it down to depression and increased my dose too 100mg. After 3 months I had adverse reactions with sweating, insomnia, nausea, loss of appetite,  panic attacks and anxiety. This lasted about a week before I took myself back to 50mg. All the symptoms went away but eventually come back so I quit altogether. But the symptoms didn't leave right away like I had hoped. So I panicked and reinstated at 25mg and the symptom disappeared apart from the Insomnia so I eventually quit taking zoloft completely. But this insomnia remains. The drs have prescribed 25mg of seroquel and I have taken them for sleep since the insomnia started but lately it's like I've built tolerance because my insomnia has flaires again. I get broken if I'm lucky 3 hours. Sometimes days where I won't get anything. 

Now I'm thinking maybe if I reinstated zoloft at a very very small dose would the insomnia eventually go away? I've been off zoloft now for about 7 months.

Please help ! 

The Dr told me to take lexapro but I haven't taken it. Help me sleep please!

Oh and I no longer feel drowsy  any more. I'm tired buy wired all the time. 

Is this all caused from the increase?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  What drug/s are you currently taking, what dose and at what time?

So that your situation can be assessed please keep daily symptom notes and post here in your topic.  Put the date at the top of the list and post 24 hours in one go.

Example:

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

I have asked the other staff for their assistance, but they will need the answer to my question.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

OK meds are

Mornings, 

Daily birth control 'Estelle'

Nights taken at 7.30.

25mg seroquel for sleep

15mg mirtazapine for sleep, tapering from 30mg

Two nights ago I started taking 2mg melatonin.  

• Moderator Emeritus

2022 Jan/ Take Setraline 50mg pill every 3 weeks

Q:  Are you still taking that above once every 3 weeks?

If no, please add the date you stopped doing this.

No I stopped taking zoloft about march 2022 Been off completely since then.

• Administrator

Hello, @Meeka We haven't heard from you for 10 months. Last January, you were taking a 25mg Zoloft tablet very occasionally. What has happened since last January?

But your signature says you were taking 25mg quetiapine since Feb 2020. Your insomnia started back then?

The insomnia started afew months after taking the 100mg zoloft increase. I reinstated with 25mg zoloft  then increased to 50mg and that's when I took it occasionally until I stopped completely in March. I've only been on seroquel because I couldn't sleep. 

I still take it now.  

Would this all still be from the zoloft.. 

What can I do to get my sleep back? 

Should I reinstate at liquid dose?  5ml at a time maybe. 

I stopped completely with zoloft in March and my sleep has become worse.

I use to sleep from 2am all the way to 1pm next day but these days I'm lucky to sleep 4 hours straight at night. 

Speaking with a physiologist in a few weeks. I'm going to ask if they can prescribe a liquid form of zoloft so I can start to reinstate. 

This insomnia.... I'm getting desperate. 

Night so far are very broken sleep.

Average about 5 very broken hours. 

Wake up multiple times a night.

Usually wide awake around 2. 

Can't nap or sleep in anymore.

Ive been thinking. Would this have anything to do with low seratonin. 

Because I was on zoloft for such a long time. Maybe my body has depleted or forgotten how to make it. I no longer feel sleepy, I wake multiple times a night and can't sleep more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. It also takes me forever to get back to sleep if I do.

Would this be the case? So if I start zoloft again will this improve?

Advice please.. 

@ChessieCat