Glutathione saved me, but is long term use okay?

lucidity

I've found glutathione to be absolutely life-saving for me, to the extent that I'm almost normal after taking a dose.  I can leave the house and I can actually function for a time. Panic attacks just don't occur if I take some when I feel an episode coming on.  It also helps me sleep (though it seems to make me wake up after only a few hours and I have to take more to get back to sleep).

However, I've seen concerns by some that taking glutathione will make the body produce less over time. This absolutely cannot happen for me. The panic I feel is SO VERY horrific that with any worsening I'm sure I will just end things.  In fact, I came very close to that already and lithium orotate saved me (which, by the way, plays a role in gene expression of natural detoxification enzymes in the brain, including glutathiones-transferase).  I'm starting to believe that what I'm experiencing aren't panic attacks at all (though they can develop into them), but the effects of free radicals/toxins on the brain and body due to extremely low glutathione.

So my question is for long-term users of glutathione.  Does this happen? Does it decrease in effectiveness over time?

I've seen some negative things about NAC long term, but that's not exactly the same thing.  In fact, NAC causes a histamine reaction in me, which is why I have resorted to plain glutathione.

Thanks for your input!

1997-2019 Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Serzone, Wellbutrin, Amitryptiline, Mirtazapine, Lexapro (mostly, 10-20mg)

Jan 16-Feb 2019 Fast tapered Lexapro after spontaneous kundalini syndrome 

Feb-Jul Used various herbs to deal with severe anxiety (bacopa, gotu kola)

Sept 2019 Developed histamine intolerance and daily panic

Currently taking high DHA fish oil, magnesium.  Occasionally l-ornithine, l-lysine, l-glycine, melatonin for sleep.  Dayvigo for sleep, and l-thp or seroquel (haven't settled on dose) for sleep when in sleep deprivation crisis

• 4 months later...

Lucidity, I don't know at all I'm afraid. I am trying to to look at increasing my glutathione through diet and maybe whey protein and am toted to try liposomal glutathione but not sure. I hope things are going well for you.

. Seroxat 2001 ish to 2002 ish

. Citalopram 20- 5mg 2002- 2016 

Citalopram 5mg for 5 weeks 10mg for 5 weeks from May 2017

.Sertraline 12.5 to 25 to 37.5 to 50mg from Aug 17 to Nov 17 

.Sertraline attempted taper from 50mg April 18 to September 18 from 50mg to 12.5mg. 

. Sertraline cold turkey from 12.5mg 1st October 18

I'm quite a bit better than I was then, thanks.  I did notice that glutathione only worked for the first 1 to 2 doses and then didn't seem to work at all (with the effects I was looking for, anyway) I tried whey protein, and while I felt GREAT right after taking it, it would always end in crippling fear.  So, I ended up giving up on the glutathione supplementation.  I hope it works better for you!

1997-2019 Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Serzone, Wellbutrin, Amitryptiline, Mirtazapine, Lexapro (mostly, 10-20mg)

Jan 16-Feb 2019 Fast tapered Lexapro after spontaneous kundalini syndrome 

Feb-Jul Used various herbs to deal with severe anxiety (bacopa, gotu kola)

Sept 2019 Developed histamine intolerance and daily panic

Currently taking high DHA fish oil, magnesium.  Occasionally l-ornithine, l-lysine, l-glycine, melatonin for sleep.  Dayvigo for sleep, and l-thp or seroquel (haven't settled on dose) for sleep when in sleep deprivation crisis

When I was in the midst of the worst of my withdrawal I tried glutathione nasal spray and had the best day ever. After the 1st couple doses the effect wore off. Very weird.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy