When did you start feeling better?

billy

Please feel free to share any tips,nutritional sudggestions that pertain to alleviating symtoms of Effexor withdrawals,time frame when you started feeling better and totally free from symptoms,... Some HOPE that people can hold on to through this. PLEASE

Hi Billy. I'm a Paxil survivor, not Effexor. But I can tell you that Paxil withdrawal is a true hell. I was very suicidal and hated life when I was in that dark time. I felt the emotional and mental torture was far worse than the physical symptoms, though the physical symptoms were scary. I'm not fully recovered but I have not had many symptoms at all for a few months. A few bad times, but I have never gone as low as those first few months of my w/d. I don't feel hopeless and hating life now. I'm certainly not suicidal. I feel like I want to live and have something to live for, and can enjoy life. All that darkness is temporary, so hang in there.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

SHANTI thanks for the input and encouragement, I am dealing with hopelessness and am so gratefull for some testimony of some good news,thanks.

Hi Billy...

Not an Effexor survivor...I have survived Paxil and Lexapro WD. Both hellacious.

There is alot of info on this site about Effexor. Type in effexor in the search box on the upper right had side of the screen.

Hopelessness and despair are WD symptoms. It grows on us from frustration and just wanting to be normal and feel well. Posting is very helpful. Like the other meds, slowly is the way to along with tiny cuts in dose.

There are alot of people here who will be along to help you out.

About feeling better. Generally once off of the stuff, there will be windows of time (a day here and there) when you'll feel better, and then the days will start to come together and there will be longer windows of feeling good.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Yes, that hopelessness feeling is a horrid common symptom in these withdrawals. But just remember it is temporary and you will feel hope and love life again. I know it's like there is a huge cloud covering your thoughts and mind telling you that life is stupid and incomprehensible. But that shadow does go away and you'll feel the truth of life being good again.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Thank you Nikki, Shanti, and Alexejice for stopping by to encourage, I am 3 months off Effexor and Lamictal. I started the Prozac bridge late,and some Clonidine to help with anxiety. It's starting to really help alot. I can almost wake up early in the morning everyday,and if durring the day I start to get anxiety I take another clonidine and it really takes the edge off. I am still a little hopeless and any input from ohters who have gotten beyond a certain point to report on whats ahead is encouraging,thank you soooo much and keep me posted please.

Oh also I lost a lot weight over the past few months not being able to eat anyhting,and I got some of those nutrition shakes at the grocery store Like Boost, or Ensure that have given me some strength to be able to cope better. No callories going in can hurt your recovery too

Yes digestion is an issue for sure, nothing 'stable' happening there if you know what I mean? Yes alto still taking prozac 20mg,but what seemed to help me the most is the clonidine? I mean if i miss a dose i can feel the heart palpitation and anxiety get going quick.Then after taking it calm and slightly stable. I'm doing better but not anywhere id like to be.Not sure IF the prozac is actually working at all my issues were anxiety,digestion issues,and exhaustion,& hopelessness but I can at least get out of bed now and do some things,till I tire out and have to rest.Everyone I come in contact with thinks "I need to be medicated & withdrawals dont last this long",doctors,friends,church pastors etc.. Limited information out there paints a picture for us sufferers that were really are crazy and need medication, drug companies are successfull at keeping everyone in the dark about this,and supprot is hard to find. I am hopeing for a miricle

Outside of the support groups no one really has any idea of what these meds can cause. I didn't realize that you are on Prozac.

Taking Ensure is a good idea. You need to eat and get some nourishment. I think we are all hoping for a miracle as you said. What I've heard recently is to "expect a miracle." Expect to heal and recover, make it a priority. This can be a problem when the WD surfaces.

If you are tapering from Prozac please do it very slowly. If you are okay on the Prozac maybe you might want to stay put for awhile to give yourself a rest.

Billy I just posted on my thread that I just started a Celexa taper and I am actually feeling better with just the small amount I've decreased. Let yourself heal from the Effexor taper.

Are you able to take supplements to bolster your immune system? How about foods like Pastina. It is easy on the stomach and will give you a sense of satisfaction.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

I'm having a lot of success with the Prozac Switch too. I am so glad I decided to try that! Also, when I first made the switch, I did give my system some time to heal from the Paxil ordeal, then continued to taper. I haven't had too much trouble since I've been tapering off the Prozac now. Just a couple of bad spots but nothing too severe. That is a good idea with the nutrition shakes. I have recommended to people that can't eat at all, to at least get some shakes and sip on them throughout the day.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Yes I take tripple omega,multi-vitamin and vitamin E. How long should I stabilize you think till I start the prozac taper, I mean I'm in no hurry at all,not even feelling great yet but compared to bed ridden I'm excited. I will expect a miricle doggone it!! And thanks to my new friends I can really envission one now,thanks so much. What is Pastina? I'll google never mind.You guys are awesome.

How long should I stabilize you think till I start the prozac taper

I stabilized for two months before tapering again.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Billy...Pastina is a macaroni from Ronzoni that is very tiny. It cooks in 5 minutes and it is drained and served with butter.

I am Italian and we give this to babies as one of their first foods. We eat it when sick, and not able able to digest other foods.

If anyone is having stomach issues. Not able to eat, hungry or not hungry. Eat Pastina :D

It's just an old fashioned food remedy.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy