Espe373: Flexeril/Cyclobenzaprine withdrawal update

Espe373

Hello everyone,

I just would like to post an update on my flexeril withdrawal and thank everyone for their support.  I was on my first month of Cyclobenzaprine withdrawal when I first came to this site and decided to not reinstate it since there were no guarantees after around a month.  

I am currently a week short of the 4 months and I can only say that this has been the most difficult experience of my life.  The slow digestion, heart palpitations, out of body experience, burning of my skin, extreme fatigue, heat sensitivity, are pretty much gone, thank God.  At this point, however, I am experiencing trouble sleeping because I dream so much, some anxiety, sensitivity to light, my eyes get blurry at night sometimes, some involuntary muscle movements, extrange thoughts, deep sadness, fear, emotional irritability, joint pain, tensed neck and facial muscles(bite my tongue at times), dry mouth (affecting my teeth) and crying spells.  This all gets worst during my period.   

I am Christian and do have faith that it will all get better and try to make sense of all this.  This is difficult because at times I feel that some of the Christian community feels that me going through this is because of my lack of faith and it is so difficult to explain to them that cyclobenzaprine, although labeled as muscle relaxer, is a tricyclic antidepressants and can cause this!  After searching the web, I realized that there have been hundreds of suicide cases linked to this medication! 

Emotionally, I do not know who I am sometimes! I try to remember who I was before all this! Do the things that would make me happy but everything looks so hopeless at times! I was not like this before.  Yes, I had problems life is life after all, but I did not feel this dark cloud over me. I started feeling this while on cyclobenzaprine, and was able to notice it right away but the doctor kept telling me all that I was feeling was related to my neck injury.  I now know, after all the research I've done and finding other like me, that I was right and it was the medication! 

I was also able to see it on my mother in law who got this medication prescribed after dealing with a fall.  She went on the meds and after only 5 to 8 months on it became extremely depressed and had to start taking antidepresants.  I wish I could help her, but because her doctor doesn't agree with what I have told her, she does not believe me.  

I had to suffer for a whole month before finally coming across this site. I knew all along that my symptoms had to do with me stopping the medication, but everyone would ignore me! Every doctor I would see would say this was impossible with muscle RELAXANTS.  I felt I was going crazy and thought about just ending it, but it was then that I came across the chemical similarities between cyclobenzaprine and antidepresants.  I found what I was fighting against and decided to fight but it was too late, in my opinion, to reinstate it.   

I know that all I can do is wait and pray.  I don't know if I should feel guilty, angry, sad, loose hope in the medical field.  I am blessed to have great people around me and I try to focus on that, on the positive things and avoid toxic people or toxic situations. When I do encounter this, I try to remember that what I feel is normal and that it will pass.  I have to lean on my faith and find a purpose.  I believe that by me sharing what I am going through I might be able to help others in some way and that is purpose for me.

Thank you all for being part of this site. I have gone into a dark world that others, as much as they love us and try to understand us, can't even imagine; and it is because of websites like this one that we can support each other and really be hopeful together.  

• ChessieCat changed the title to Espe373: Flexeril/Cyclobenzaprine withdrawal update
  • 1 month later...
On 24 November 2019 at 2:35 PM, Espe373 said:

Hello everyone,

I just would like to post an update on my flexeril withdrawal and thank everyone for their support.  I was on my first month of Cyclobenzaprine withdrawal when I first came to this site and decided to not reinstate it since there were no guarantees after around a month.  

I am currently a week short of the 4 months and I can only say that this has been the most difficult experience of my life.  The slow digestion, heart palpitations, out of body experience, burning of my skin, extreme fatigue, heat sensitivity, are pretty much gone, thank God.  At this point, however, I am experiencing trouble sleeping because I dream so much, some anxiety, sensitivity to light, my eyes get blurry at night sometimes, some involuntary muscle movements, extrange thoughts, deep sadness, fear, emotional irritability, joint pain, tensed neck and facial muscles(bite my tongue at times), dry mouth (affecting my teeth) and crying spells.  This all gets worst during my period.   

I am Christian and do have faith that it will all get better and try to make sense of all this.  This is difficult because at times I feel that some of the Christian community feels that me going through this is because of my lack of faith and it is so difficult to explain to them that cyclobenzaprine, although labeled as muscle relaxer, is a tricyclic antidepressants and can cause this!  After searching the web, I realized that there have been hundreds of suicide cases linked to this medication! 

Emotionally, I do not know who I am sometimes! I try to remember who I was before all this! Do the things that would make me happy but everything looks so hopeless at times! I was not like this before.  Yes, I had problems life is life after all, but I did not feel this dark cloud over me. I started feeling this while on cyclobenzaprine, and was able to notice it right away but the doctor kept telling me all that I was feeling was related to my neck injury.  I now know, after all the research I've done and finding other like me, that I was right and it was the medication! 

I was also able to see it on my mother in law who got this medication prescribed after dealing with a fall.  She went on the meds and after only 5 to 8 months on it became extremely depressed and had to start taking antidepresants.  I wish I could help her, but because her doctor doesn't agree with what I have told her, she does not believe me.  

I had to suffer for a whole month before finally coming across this site. I knew all along that my symptoms had to do with me stopping the medication, but everyone would ignore me! Every doctor I would see would say this was impossible with muscle RELAXANTS.  I felt I was going crazy and thought about just ending it, but it was then that I came across the chemical similarities between cyclobenzaprine and antidepresants.  I found what I was fighting against and decided to fight but it was too late, in my opinion, to reinstate it.   

I know that all I can do is wait and pray.  I don't know if I should feel guilty, angry, sad, loose hope in the medical field.  I am blessed to have great people around me and I try to focus on that, on the positive things and avoid toxic people or toxic situations. When I do encounter this, I try to remember that what I feel is normal and that it will pass.  I have to lean on my faith and find a purpose.  I believe that by me sharing what I am going through I might be able to help others in some way and that is purpose for me.

Thank you all for being part of this site. I have gone into a dark world that others, as much as they love us and try to understand us, can't even imagine; and it is because of websites like this one that we can support each other and really be hopeful together.  

Espe,

Can you please update your present symptoms.

Cook rice with one for six water.

Mix with curds and have daily

You can buy rice and curds in indian stores

See if it works by using one two months continuously

This will sooth stomach and sleep issues if you take until it soothes.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.