robibi: Over 2 Years Off Seroquel/Remeron C/T - Brain doesn't sleep / is switched ON 24/7

robibi

Hi,

my signature basically says it all.

I got into psychiatry over 2 years ago and got on seroquel and Mirtazapine for my depression & sleep problems.

The opposite happened. I stopped sleeping & had severe adverse reactions.

I could not stop sleeping & started to have akathisia & dyskinesia from the first tablet I took but continued to take it as I thought it was my depression getting worse or I thought I got food poisoning or something.

Anyway... stopped CT both drugs at psychiatry after finding this site due to severe adverse reaction.

No sleep for 1 month straight.

Very acute symptoms for 3-4 months (about 20-30)

What is left now is that I feel my brain is permanently on. I never get tired, have naps or sleep. Like the brain has no off switch. It's like A rubber band has been streched for over 2 years and two months but it didn't get back into it's position but stretches itself... Instead of going back into it's original form. Like You wake up and stretch it... you go to sleep and wake up and it is back into it's original form.

This is my only symptom basically... I've read a few similar stories of people having similar experiences but it seems they are rather rare, maybe due to the fact that I C/Ted an antipsychotic?

Or is it possible to have cortisol/adrenaline spikes for 2 years and 2 months off? (I feel like I have way more energy but in a toxic kind of way)

Early Septembre 2017: 5 Days of 150mg Seroquel & 5 Days on Remeron15mg in German Psych Ward due to Severe Depression

Stopped CT due very adverse reactions (akathisia/dyskinesia) & complete insomnia on day 2 which lasted for 30 days.

Not touched a psych med for over 2 years and 2 months.

First 3-4 months: very acute symptoms as described by most members. About 20-30. After 6 Months most gone.

Only problem left: brain feels switched "on" all the time since

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Robibi.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  

One of our moderators, Brassmonkey, wrote the following about adverse reactions.  Basically, you will heal and two years out is not unusual.

But I only took it for a Week

(6)

"I think that some of the most unfortunate members we have are the ones who only took the drug for a short time and had an Adverse Reaction. Over the years I’ve seen a good number of members join who have taken their drugs for one day to a week and then stopped.  Yet they are suffering very acute symptoms.  This is an Adverse Reaction, acute symptoms that hit immediately and hard.  Some people’s chemical makeup just isn’t compatible with psych drugs and their body immediately tries to reject them, but in doing so throws itself into chaos.

The good news is that their body will sort itself out and they will return to normal.  The bad news is, it’s going to take a long time and there is nothing that will speed up the process.  There are a lot of coping strategies and tools that will help soften the experience, but time is the only thing that will cure it.  By time, we are looking at a minimum of eighteen months, but more than likely two to three years for a full recovery

That may sound very bleak, but it’s not going to all be pain and suffering.  These people tend to have a more liner recovery. The first several months will be acute.  Then things start to improve is a noticeable manner, with life starting to resume and get back on track.  All the members I have known have made full recoveries.  They then go on to graduate college, attend med school, and start successful careers in a variety of fields."

* * *

We encourage using non-drug technique to cope with symptoms.  Take a look at the techniques in the following link and see which you think might be helpful.

Non-drug techniques to cope

Here are some techniques that might help you with sleep.

Tips to help sleep - so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Trick and tips to fall asleep faster

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   

It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as .25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

I am thinking CT from antypsychotic is the culprit. Same happened to me even tho I did it two weeks ago and reinstated. There are some more similar stories but most people who had success did the tappering. CT is very dangerous.

I took mirtazapine for 6 months and after CT I could sleep normally still tho. But I got double vision, either from  CTing mirtazapine or being on seroxat so there is that.

2015 - Elicea for 2 months, quit cold turkey, survived withdrawal (brain zaps, severe depression)

2018 - april to july, Xanax, quit cold turkey, no serious withdrawal symptoms

2018 - august to late december, Mirtazapine, psychiatrist got me off it cold turkey

2019 - january to april, Seroxat, again stopped cold turkey, developed double vision if looking at close screens etc.

2019 - june to 13th november, Zyprexa (2.5mg-10mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking it

2019 - middle october to november 13th, Zoloft (0.6mg-25mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking

Horrible withdrawal with severe insomnia afterwards, not feeling hungry or sleepy, never tired, stomach problems, nausea...

24th november - reinstated 2.5mg zyprexa

3rd december - 5mg zyprexa

new symptoms - glare, halos around lights, muscle twitching worse, eyelid and cheek twitching every 5-10 minutes

11th january 2020 - 4.3mg zyprexa 

Late 2020 (gradually finished the taper back then) to present - meds free. No improvements regarding sleep. Developed dry eyes because lack of it. Only positive change is that I do feel sleepy now but sleep is the same, broken and not good.

• Altostrata changed the title to robibi Over 2 Years Off Seroquel/Remeron C/T - Brain doesn't sleep / is switched ON 24/7
On 11/26/2019 at 5:24 PM, Gridley said:

Welcome to SA, Robibi.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  

One of our moderators, Brassmonkey, wrote the following about adverse reactions.  Basically, you will heal and two years out is not unusual.

But I only took it for a Week

(6)

"I think that some of the most unfortunate members we have are the ones who only took the drug for a short time and had an Adverse Reaction. Over the years I’ve seen a good number of members join who have taken their drugs for one day to a week and then stopped.  Yet they are suffering very acute symptoms.  This is an Adverse Reaction, acute symptoms that hit immediately and hard.  Some people’s chemical makeup just isn’t compatible with psych drugs and their body immediately tries to reject them, but in doing so throws itself into chaos.

The good news is that their body will sort itself out and they will return to normal.  The bad news is, it’s going to take a long time and there is nothing that will speed up the process.  There are a lot of coping strategies and tools that will help soften the experience, but time is the only thing that will cure it.  By time, we are looking at a minimum of eighteen months, but more than likely two to three years for a full recovery

That may sound very bleak, but it’s not going to all be pain and suffering.  These people tend to have a more liner recovery. The first several months will be acute.  Then things start to improve is a noticeable manner, with life starting to resume and get back on track.  All the members I have known have made full recoveries.  They then go on to graduate college, attend med school, and start successful careers in a variety of fields."

* * *

We encourage using non-drug technique to cope with symptoms.  Take a look at the techniques in the following link and see which you think might be helpful.

Non-drug techniques to cope

Here are some techniques that might help you with sleep.

Tips to help sleep - so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Trick and tips to fall asleep faster

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   

It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as .25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Thank you.

I've read the "but I only took it for a week" like 30-40 times the last few months since I hit the 2 year mark and more... 

However there is just this symptom left that is the most debilitating of all. I've read it and it has many names and kind of few people have/had it...

-brain always on

-never get tired

-lack of drifting sensation

-lack of fatigue in general

-feeling as if on 10 cups of coffee

-wide awake but completely exhausted

I've been googling and googling there's probably more to describe it but basically it reduced my awareness every week for 2 years and 2 months straight.

Symptoms include:

Less and less mental space (can't organize things in my head because there is too little space)

math takes 10 minutes sometimes instead of 10 seconds (lack of mental space)

bedwetting because brain doesn't sent signal to wake up and go to toilet because it's exhausted but awake at the same time, I am getting this weird toxic kind of sleep.

Writing/speaking is very difficult sometimes because the words don't come automatically because my mental space/memory capacity/awareness is reduced and I don't have access to higher tought quickly enough

All senses have been reduced further and further every week due to this....

Note that 2018 fall and summer has been the best time of my life..... because I "seemingly had so much mental energy"... but now it is very difficult to compensate I visually have a difficult time with computers... and phones and stuff because I don't see "enough"...I percieve less and less light from week to week that goes with all other sense perceptions...

This is caused all due to the "on brain 24/7"...  will this heal????? It's such a standalone symptom... if I were to have like 10 more or so ok... but this one is completely unique on it's own...

Therefore I wonder about the "took it only for a week and had adverse reaction" - thing 

Don't get me wrong... the acute was hell... but this one is quite difficult to manage too.

I could do WAY WAY more things 1 year ago.... could talk well could do things... this and that after acute.... but now it's like everything got worse and worse due to "brain always on - feeling"...

like weekly progressive derealization but I don't experience it like this.... it feels more like brain damage as I could manage derealization well after I learned what it is... but this is something totallly different. 

Will this go away or what?

Early Septembre 2017: 5 Days of 150mg Seroquel & 5 Days on Remeron15mg in German Psych Ward due to Severe Depression

Stopped CT due very adverse reactions (akathisia/dyskinesia) & complete insomnia on day 2 which lasted for 30 days.

First 3-4 months: very acute symptoms as described by most members. About 20-30. After 6 Months most gone.

On 11/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, Hell said:

I am thinking CT from antypsychotic is the culprit. Same happened to me even tho I did it two weeks ago and reinstated. There are some more similar stories but most people who had success did the tappering. CT is very dangerous.

I took mirtazapine for 6 months and after CT I could sleep normally still tho. But I got double vision, either from  CTing mirtazapine or being on seroxat so there is that.

I had to stop CT due to adverse. What to do? Wait and wait?

• Administrator

Hello, robibi.

5 hours ago, robibi said:

Note that 2018 fall and summer has been the best time of my life..... because I "seemingly had so much mental energy"

This sounds like hypomania, a known adverse effect of psychiatric drugs which can be brought on by withdrawal.

Generally, reinstatement of the drug can help, but you had an adverse reaction, unclear to which drug. We are wary of recommending new drugs, but in your case, you might find a VERY LOW DOSE of a drug that "slows down" nerve reactivity to be helpful. Please read these topics carefully.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

6 hours ago, robibi said:

What to do? Wait and wait?

I'm out of ideas myself. All psychiatrists should be locked up and forced to take their own medicine.

You are tough for surviving 2 years without sleep. I doubt I will survive even one month.

2015 - Elicea for 2 months, quit cold turkey, survived withdrawal (brain zaps, severe depression)

2018 - april to july, Xanax, quit cold turkey, no serious withdrawal symptoms

2018 - august to late december, Mirtazapine, psychiatrist got me off it cold turkey

2019 - january to april, Seroxat, again stopped cold turkey, developed double vision if looking at close screens etc.

2019 - june to 13th november, Zyprexa (2.5mg-10mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking it

2019 - middle october to november 13th, Zoloft (0.6mg-25mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking

Horrible withdrawal with severe insomnia afterwards, not feeling hungry or sleepy, never tired, stomach problems, nausea...

24th november - reinstated 2.5mg zyprexa

3rd december - 5mg zyprexa

new symptoms - glare, halos around lights, muscle twitching worse, eyelid and cheek twitching every 5-10 minutes

11th january 2020 - 4.3mg zyprexa 

Late 2020 (gradually finished the taper back then) to present - meds free. No improvements regarding sleep. Developed dry eyes because lack of it. Only positive change is that I do feel sleepy now but sleep is the same, broken and not good.

18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, robibi.

This sounds like hypomania, a known adverse effect of psychiatric drugs which can be brought on by withdrawal.

Generally, reinstatement of the drug can help, but you had an adverse reaction, unclear to which drug. We are wary of recommending new drugs, but in your case, you might find a VERY LOW DOSE of a drug that "slows down" nerve reactivity to be helpful. Please read these topics carefully.

Thanks, I read the theory before.

Are you saying I had hypomania for 2,2 years now? And reinstatement after 2,2 years? Won't this just sort itself out?

Thanks

• Administrator
On 12/3/2019 at 7:59 AM, robibi said:

Note that 2018 fall and summer has been the best time of my life..... because I "seemingly had so much mental energy"

It sounds like you might have had hypomania in the fall and summer of 2018. This is a sort of drug-induced activation that you enjoy.

Now, you have drug-induced activation that you do not enjoy.

10 hours ago, robibi said:

Won't this just sort itself out?

Maybe. If it's not intolerable, you could see if you can wait it out. Recovery is generally very slow and gradual over many months. Do you get any sleep at all?

You might be able to do a few simple things to help your sleep improve:

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

What is the sleep cycle?

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

White noise devices for sleep

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

It sounds like you might have had hypomania in the fall and summer of 2018. This is a sort of drug-induced activation that you enjoy.

Now, you have drug-induced activation that you do not enjoy.

Maybe. If it's not intolerable, you could see if you can wait it out. Recovery is generally very slow and gradual over many months. Do you get any sleep at all?

You might be able to do a few simple things to help your sleep improve:

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

What is the sleep cycle?

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

White noise devices for sleep

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Thanks,

with maybe, you mean permanent brain damage?? It's been 2,2 years off and I'm still having this.

I do sleep but more due to the body Not having to ability to manage that amount of voltage... so it's Kind of toxic. However I Had daily worsening of derealisation for over a year which im Sure is linked to that.

• Administrator

No, it's not permanent. Recovery is generally very slow and gradual over many months.

How have your symptoms changed in the last 6 months?

What is your sleep schedule and pattern?

On 12/6/2019 at 4:53 AM, Altostrata said:

No, it's not permanent. Recovery is generally very slow and gradual over many months.

What is your sleep schedule and pattern?

does "not permanent" also apply to antipsychotics?

I try to keep it as short and objective as possible altough my experience is quite subjective and involves lots of emotion

Everything for me went in "levels"

1. 3-4 months acute withdrawals (first month no sleep at all)

2. Feb-March 2018 Started to sleep but always woke up at 8 no matter what but sleep felt very weird/off (I could sleep brain couldn't handle being on 10 cups of coffee for no reason)

3. Had lots of cognitive energy (diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome / not used to that at all)

4. Awareness of physcical surroundings & all senses & cognitive capacity got less and less every week (most bothersome symptom) due to high wakefulness levels since quitting cold turkey

5. Awareness of physcical surroundings & all senses & cognitive capacity got less and less every day since the start of novembre 2018 till today... (I remember being completely flabbergasted by how this is even possible) At this point I am having difficulty to cognitively assess what is happening at all because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me...

During this time I have had other "Levels"

1.Sudden enormous cortisol/adrenaline spike feelings that felt like they were beyond my bodies ability to handle, which it seemed to have handled for 2 years prior.

2. I tried taking benzos for them but they did absolutely nothing

3. The body seemed to have downregulated my Awareness of physcical surroundings & all senses & cognitive capacity due to this.

4. Right now it feels like I have no cognitive space/capacity to mount a "fight or flight" response. I'm just in an unhealthy parasympathetic state with brain awake...

5. 6 months ago I lied down at 9 pm, made my bed at and "slept" till 10 am

6. 3 months ago I "slept" from 0-12:30 (12 hours and 0,5)

7. Now I go to bed at 2 am... fall asleep at 4-5 am and sleep till 1-2 pm...

Biggest issue:

Awareness of physcical surroundings & all senses & cognitive capacity got less and less every day since the start of novembre 2018 till today

Can't attribute it to anything but the fact that my brain seems more awake than it should be... I first thought it is DP/DR... but after looking up forums on it I'm pretty clear it isn't.

I was burned out before and diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome so my body was already in bad shape to begin with.

I have no idea how this situation is supposed to reverse itself at some point.... I feel like a complete outlier in this regard as I haven't anybody heard describe similar symptoms except "brain on" all the time.

In fact I was amazed how I could do so many things in 2018.. but I wasn't hypmanic unless I drank coffee.

Thank you very much.

On 12/6/2019 at 4:53 AM, Altostrata said:

Daily worsening of symptoms. Mainly awereness of surroundings/body/brain Spaciousness got less and less. I can't figure or believe, how this can be.

Example:

-I don't clearly notice if I get cold, only if it gets really really cold. (even if my fingers turn blue) Just a year ago I'd notice it in an instant.

-When somebody cooks in the kitched I don't actively hear it, it's as if I'm dreaming and it's passing by. I can only hear it clearly if I concentrate on it.

-I bump into things all the time because I don't have enough mental space or brain ram/cpu/memory capacity for my brain to clearly navigate me around things.

-I can not talk and eat at the same time as I have to focus on the chewing because it is not an automatic process anymore.

-I can not talk with a friend when lots of people are around me because it overwhelms my mental capacity

-I am mostly sitting without artificial light when it's dark and I'm alone not because I am super sensitive to it but it costs a lot of cognitive awareness

-I am unable to hold deep conversations if I am in a big room and lightning because the room is too big and engulfs my awareness and I have no space left for talk, completely bizarre...

-I used to be 8 hours at the computer every day. Now it's 1 or 2 hours per week. I can't write this on my phone (but used to be easily able to) so I do with my laptop

-If I get a message via phone I have to force myself to answer it otherwise the thoughts don't come out naturally to answer (which they did effortlessly in early 2018 and summer 2018 but I had to start forcing myself from novembre 2018

-I started to smoke sometimes to see if it makes things better... if I smoke I couldn't look at my phone at the same time it would completely overwhelm me

-Small color distinction on the phone I can't recognize sometimes but has nothing to do with my eyes.

-At first in 2018 I could communicate very well still, in 2019 it go progressively worse and worse, like when somebody talked to me in Februrary 2019 I could sense than what he was saying was 3 times more amount of information than I could handle via hearing and that made me feel very depressed. I used to communicate 100x more than I do now because it costs more cognitive awareness than I have...

many more examples...

all this started after CTing the pills and got worse and worse. I am sitting here and sat somewhere else and was always thinking and thinking how's this possible? this makes no sense whatsoever to have symptoms like that... 

I just don't understand why my body doesn't catch homeostasis with this one...

Once it got worse it got worse and I had to live with it... My biochemical & health knowledge is vast but this, I can't comprehend at all. Hope somebody else can....

Bump

Bump

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I'm desperately I need for Somebody who can relate with my symptoms. I feel Like ending it because I'm the only Person in the world I know of who knows the Symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

Robibi...I am very sorry you are still suffering.  Are you able to take walks outside? Listen to calming music or sounds?  Do you have anything that does bring you comfort that you can focus on?   Read nicolanta's thread...he took antipsychotics for a short while and had windows and waves since CTing and stated at 2 years is when he started to feel better even though he is not back to normal yet.  It will just take time....more time than any of us want.

Have taken any meds (you mentioned benzos not helping), drugs or supplements along the way that might have caused a  delay in your healing or worsening of symptoms? 

I have no answers for you...just wish you peace and hope you can continue to find things that bring you comfort until you heal.  

Glosmom.....

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

Thanks.

All my Symptoms feel Like cumulative sleep Deprivation even though I sleep.

Like my brain runs 3x faster and just used Energy for No reason.

I haven't found anybody with my Symptoms which makes me very concerned 

It's like nothing Registers in my brain.

Nobody comments on my Symptoms so I must be the only one?!

Thank you

Bump

• Mentor

Hi Robibi

No, you're not alone.  Insomnia and its associated cognitive problems are a common theme in WD and recovery.  As others have said, you can take some comfort knowing the effects aren't permanent and normal sleep will return.  

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

• ChessieCat changed the title to robibi: Over 2 Years Off Seroquel/Remeron C/T - Brain doesn't sleep / is switched ON 24/7
  • 7 months later...

So so people heal at some Point?

• Mentor
Just now, robibi said:

So so people heal at some Point?

Yes, they do.  It takes time and there's no "typical" timeline, but healing will come.  

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

Great News..