mstimc: hello from an SRI vet

mstimc

• Mentor

Hi All

I was a member of Paxilprogress.org several years ago; that site and its wonderful members helped me wean off Paxil in 2009 and I remained a member until the site closed.  I have since been managing my anxiety disorder through regular therapy and using CBT tools.  I view anxiety and depression as a chronic condition like diabetes; it can't necessarily be "cured" but it can be successfully managed.  I've had my ups and downs over the years but I have to say I've had a great life. 

This past September, my wife and I retired early and decided to move from California to Portugal for a few years so we can explore Europe while we're healthy enough to get around.  It's a beautiful country and the people are very gracious, but I do find my anxiety has increased due to cultural changes.  I'm hoping to join a group similar to Paxilprogress where I can share my story, lend some support, and just spend some time with folks who understand what its like to live with anxiety.  Thanks!

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, mstimc.

I'm very glad you're doing well.  You have come to the right place.  The members and moderators are very supportive and there are several veterans of your old group on hand.

We moved from California to Ecuador ten years ago (like you, retirement), and along with the good things and friendly people there are definitely anxiety-causing stressors resulting from cultural changes here too.  I've heard great things about Portugal.

This is your Introduction thread where you can connect with other members.  We're glad you found your ways here..

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Mentor

Thanks for the welcome, Gridley!  I look forward to participating!

Tim C

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello ,

And welcome here!

I'm so glad To discover someone that managed To tapper Paxil, thank you for sharing your success ;)

Portugal is a wonderful place! If you visit France and have questions, don't hesitate To ask 😊

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

@mstimc

hello and welcome 
I'm glad you can tell us your story with paxil. I think a lot of people here would be happy to hear it and me.
enjoy your retirement and see you soon 😊

Deroxat (paxil) 20 mg pour 10 ml

12/14 18 mg réduction de 5% tous les mois 13/01/15 14.4mg 15/08 9,6 mg 16.01 reduction3% 8 mg par mois 16/02 7,8 mg 18.02 3 mg

18.03 2,92 à 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg

18/06 2,66 mg

26/06/18 2,58 mg en 26 jours

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

10/09/19 retour à 1,58 mg  27/12/19 retour à 1,65mg direct transition to fluoxetine the 11/01/2020 1,65mg

• Mentor

Thank you Erell and Rola!  I'll be posting my story in the "Success" folder in the next day or two!

Tim C

Hi Mstimc-- It's good to see another exPPer with a success story.  Welcome to the group, can't wait to read your success story.  Traveling in retirement, what a concept, just got back a few months ago from a four month around the world trip.  Off to India in a few months to photograph tigers.  Your time in Portugal sound wonderful.

Brassmonkey

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Mentor

Brassmonkey--great to hear from a blast from the past! 😀

Going to Barcelona in May and Berlin in November/December.  After that, we'd like to spend at least a month in the British Isles since I'm of Scotch and Irish descent.

Tim C

• 3 months later...
  • Mentor

Topic title before merging with original introduction topic:  Recovery - Where Do You Find It?

As a mentor and someone who has been through the hell of withdrawal and the journey of gradual recovery, I've developed my own philosophy of where recovery comes from.  I've posted something similar on specific threads, but I thought it might help to create a unique topic.  

The motto and main principle of Paxilprogress.org was "Freedom is in you.  You are enough.  You are your solution."  That is the key to recovery and future happiness.  We can give you support, advice and guidance.  You can adopt and practice all sorts of CBT and other coping tools.  You can see a therapist for years.  You can even go back on meds.  But unless and until you accept that the power that created your hell is also the power that can overcome it, nothing will work.  It takes time, determination and struggling to find the right path, but you can do it.  

I believe there are two ways to approach withdrawal and recovery: you can expect it to come from outside yourself or you can internalize recovery methods and use the power of your mind to help you recover.  An example of something outside yourself is medication.  You take medication and expect it to do something to you.  Its passive, in the sense you take no other action other than taking a pill.  I'm not militantly anti-drug; sometimes you need something to get you through a bad wave or certain situations.  But medication is not recovery; it is at best temporary mitigation of symptoms that do nothing to address the root causes of anxiety, OCD and/or depression.  Relying on external methods of recovery is haphazard and will likely fail.

Internally-driven recovery means changing your behaviors.   The key is internalizing thoughts, practices, and beliefs and turning them into actions.  That takes far more effort and will than taking a pill but I firmly believe it is the only effective path to lifetime recovery.  It means resolving the issues that forced you to take medication in the first place.  There are lots of resources at your disposal, from therapy to online videos to thousands of books.  The good news is there is no single correct path; you can choose what works best for you and experiment until you find what works best for you.  For me, it was a series of CBT-based practices that addressed my OCD actions, anxious thinking and hypochondria.   The practices are effective, but you need to make the effort to find them and use them. 

The choice is intensely personal and up to each person; you can take medications and hope they suppress the symptoms long enough to recover some balance, or you can invest the time and effort to achieve behavorial recovery, which will last a lifetime.  

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Tim C

• ChessieCat changed the title to mstimc: Hello from a New Member but an SRI Vet
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi mstimc, I've merged your 2 introduction topics into the first one.

It might be that you thought you were posting it in a different area of the forum.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Mentor
7 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Hi mstimc, I've merged your 2 introduction topics into the first one.

It might be that you thought you were posting it in a different area of the forum.

👌

Tim C

Hello there, thank you for your positive words on my thread! Hoping this post finds you well?

xxx

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• Mentor
1 hour ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Hello there, thank you for your positive words on my thread! Hoping this post finds you well?

xxx

Hi Sunny

Thanks for checking in!  We're doing okay.  We do miss our friends and family in the States, especially during this pandemic, but Portugal seems much safer than the US right now.  The UK has its challenges as well.  Its great we have this site to support and uphold each other, especially at times like this.

Tim C

• 2 months later...
  • Mentor

OK, just to show that even those of us who have "recovered" can still make mistakes.  I've had a persistent pain in my side, most likely from an old ab injury as a kid, I never had treated (kids do dumb things like that).  It flares up now and then, and I usually take care of it by resting.  But we've been really active lately, so its taking longer to go away.  To help it on its way,  I hit it with Tiger Balm.  I got carried away and now I have a nice case of prickly heat from slathering on the balm.  Now I have to make sure I use the cortisone cream moderately and not be in a rush for it to go away.  Sheesh! 

Tim C

1 hour ago, mstimc said:

OK, just to show that even those of us who have "recovered" can still make mistakes.  I've had a persistent pain in my side, most likely from an old ab injury as a kid, I never had treated (kids do dumb things like that).  It flares up now and then, and I usually take care of it by resting.  But we've been really active lately, so its taking longer to go away.  To help it on its way,  I hit it with Tiger Balm.  I got carried away and now I have a nice case of prickly heat from slathering on the balm.  Now I have to make sure I use the cortisone cream moderately and not be in a rush for it to go away.  Sheesh! 

Ooh, ouch! Hoping it goes away for you soon, mstimc!

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• Mentor

Thanks, Sunny!  The last couple of days, the pain has decreased.  I guess my OCD moved from the ab strain to the rash--LOL!😆

Tim C

@mstimc  Welcome, and thanks, your post about Tiger Balm made me smile.  I discovered it long ago when working in Singapore, and boy does that stuff smell!

I’d be interested in hearing more about the CBT approaches that worked for you, especially in regard to dealing with physical symptoms.

Congrats your recovery :)

Started .25 mg. clonazapam Oct. 2016

Started 10 mg. Celexa Dec. 2016

Started 10 mg. amitriptyline January 2017

Also took 60 mg. Dexilant Oct. 2016 through April 2017, successfully tapered off

Stopped Celexa successfully Oct. 2017

Fast taper of amitriptyline Dec. 2017, had major WD symptoms and reinstated at 10 mg. Jan. 2018

Slow amitryptyline taper started Mar. 2019, reduced from 10 mg. to 0.93 mg. currently

Also still taking .25 mg. clonazapam daily in late evening

• Mentor
39 minutes ago, bijay said:

I'd be interested in hearing more about the CBT approaches that worked for you, especially in regard to dealing with physical symptoms.

Hi Bijay

A use different CBT tools for different things.  One thing that works for health anxiety is what my shrink calls "reality checking".  Basically, it means taking a few seconds to control my breathing and get in a calmer state, and then taking an objective look at my situation.  My current condition is an example.  I tore an ab muscle when I was 17 and never got it treated.  Its been a weak spot ever since, especially when I'm anxious.  Since we're expats living in Portugal, the COVID situation has me pretty tense.  We have a son in grad school in a hot spot (Michigan) and I'm concerned about him and other family members.  That, and sitting around during lockdown, most of the time with bad posture watching TV. contributed to my latest flare-up. 

A few days ago, my mind began running away with me and I started thinking I had a dread disease.  Ab pain is a symptom of all sorts of terrible diseases; just check the Internet.  I had to stop and do a reality check.  Yes, my ab hurts, but its hurt before.  And its gone on for long enough that I'd be showing other symptoms if I had something serious.  I saw a doctor to set up physical therapy, and he said its my old ab tear, too.  Looking at the reality helped me get some perspective and deal with the muscle pull as something that needs time and exercise to heal.

I also realize that if you search a symptom on the Internet, the worst possible caused show up first.  When I was in the depths of WD and recovery, I drove my GP nuts with one "disease" after another.  He'd always listen patiently and then explain my condition was some run-of-the-mill problem that would go away by itself or with minimal treatment.  Then I'd go home and search that cause and discover it accounts for 99% of the symptoms I was having.  Looking back, I realize how foolish some of my fears were, but they were plenty real when I was feeling them.

I've come to accept that, faced with something unfamiliar, my mind immediately jumps to the worst-case scenario.  But I don't need to stay there.  I let that initial panic hit and then let it lose some of its urgency.  Then I get to the mental work of doing a reality check and replace the anxious thinking with facts.  It takes effort and practice, but it does work. 

And one last piece of wisdom from my wife.  She told me that living my life afraid of being sick is just as bad as having a real disease.  That stuck with me.

Edited by mstimc

Tim C

@mstimc Thanks much for the advice.  I am dealing with symptoms both caused by the drug I am taking and from withdrawal, and it can be difficult to keep my eyes on the prize of one day being drug -free.  I try to do as much as I can to keep the worst-case scenarios out of my head.

Bty, you have a very wise wife.  Her words stick with me too!

Also took 60 mg. Dexilant Oct. 2016 through April 2017, successfully tapered off

Fast taper of amitriptyline Dec. 2017, had major WD symptoms and reinstated at 10 mg. Jan. 2018

Slow amitryptyline taper started Mar. 2019, reduced from 10 mg. to 0.93 mg. currently

• Mentor

Oh yeah, she’s the brains of the outfit!

You will be drug free and so much stronger for this experience, because you’ll know you can handle what life throws at you.  For now, just take each day as it comes knowing it’s a day closer to recovery.

Tim C

Appreciate your kind and generous words of support :)

• Mentor
Just now, bijay said:

Appreciate your kind and generous words of support :)

That’s what I’m here for!😊

Tim C

• ChessieCat changed the title to mstimc: hello from an SRI vet
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Mstimc

How are you doing?

I hope the pain left and you're back on track 🤗

I just wanted to thank you for your kind support : I always love reading your posts on SA and all the wisdom you spread.

Thank you for sharing your tips !

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Mentor
2 minutes ago, Erell said:

Hello Mstimc

How are you doing?

I hope the pain left and you're back on track 🤗

I just wanted to thank you for your kind support : I always love reading your posts on SA and all the wisdom you spread.

Thank you for sharing your tips !

Hi Erell

A few weeks ago, I started going to a traditional Chinese medical practitioner who has helped a lot.  He does a deep massage and acupuncture, and gave me an herbal remedy to reduce the muscle spasms.  The day after treatment, I feel like I was beat up, but a day or so later I feel better.  He said I have a slight case of scoliosis that's been causing the pain in back and abdomen. I feel better knoeing it can be treated.

I admire your perseverance, Erell.  WD is so hard to deal with day after day, but you're taking the right approach and have a great attitude.  Each day is one day closer to recovery!

Tim C

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes acupuncture can really help : I did some during my Benzo taper and it often helped with jitteriness ;)

I never suffered from health anxiety, but I've a friend who is always finding a new health issue and worrying about a possible health disaster : when I read your posts I often send her a text with your tips and experience 😉

She thinks I'm very wise 😅

Well, I don't know if I'm perseverant. It's just that I know I wanna make a gift to my inner beautiful child ☺

Take care, hope life is sweet in Portugal (I have wonderful memories there☀️)

Current medication :

• Mentor
14 minutes ago, Erell said:

Well, I don't know if I'm perseverant. It's just that I know I wanna make a gift to my inner beautiful child ☺

Take care, hope life is sweet in Portugal (I have wonderful memories there☀️)

That's such a wonderful outlook, Erell!  We really do deserve happiness every bit as much as anyone else.

Portugal is a beautiful country and the people are very gracious.  And its certainly better here than the States!  We will be going back to the US in April for our son's graduation and we may stay; we miss our friends and family.  Besides,  travel in Europe doesn't look like it will get any easier in the near future.

But like everything else, we take one day at a time!

Tim C

• 5 months later...
  • Mentor

Hi All

A quick update on where I am on my journey.  As you may know, my wife and I moved from California to Portugal in September 2019 so we could travel Europe.  We retired a bit early so we could travel while we were still young and healthy enough to enjoy it.  Well, COVID put the breaks on that!  But it also caused us to take a step back and reassess our priorities.  We have a son who will be graduating from graduate school in May, and we've always been close to our family.  I've known some of my friends for 40 years.  So several months ago we decided we'd return to the States and start yet another adventure.  We plan on returning this coming November; we own a small house in a nice neighborhood in West Los Angeles; we're renting it out and the lease will expire in November, so we have to wait till then, and and we'll move in there.  Till then, we have a very nice apartment on Portugal's' south coast, so we're not exactly suffering.  And by November the COVID situation should be better. 

I'm feeling some creeping anxiety as the move date approaches.  We're both looking forward to starting so many things we can't do here; for me its woodworking and other projects.  For my wife its exploring the possibility of becoming a life coach (she was a gifted manager, trainer and mentor before retiring).   Of course, having anxiety and OCD, doubts and negative thoughts keep creeping in, but I'm managing to let them come and go as best I can.  I guess there's a fine line between anxiety and anticipation!  More to come!

Tim C

@mstimc, sounds like you're handling it all really well - good stuff! It's inspiring.

• Mentor
1 minute ago, sunnysideup69 said:

@mstimc, sounds like you're handling it all really well - good stuff! It's inspiring.

Thanks, Sunny!  I'm trying.  One day at a time!

Tim C

• 5 months later...
  • Mentor

Hi All

Quick update.  We have our plane tickets for our return to the US in early December.  Our US health insurance is all lined up and ready to kick in before we get back.  Since the EU seems to be reopening despite the Delta variant--and we're vaxxed--we decided to said goodbye to Europe right and visit northern Europe and the UK before we return.  We'll pull out of Portugal September 30 and spend two months "on the road" visiting each place for about a week: Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, the UK and Ireland, where we'll catch our plane home via Helsinki.

I'm dealing with some age-related issues like minor arthritis in my neck and shoulders, but doing some home-based PT for it, as well as keeping up meditation practice.  Still have some background anxiety as we get closer to the move, but the thought of seeing family and friends keeps me focused.  Overall, things are good!

Tim C

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh @mstimc, no doubt plenty of mixed feelings might come up while living big changes, and sometimes it's not easy to distinguish excitement and fear.

Seeing family and friends will be amazing ❤

What a wonderful trip, two months on the road  !

Let me know if you're looking for infos in France 😉

All my sweet wishes dear mstimc !

Current medication :

Glad to hear this. Enjoy your time on the road!

2004 - prozac then wellbutrin (don't recall dosages)

2005 - 150 mg Effexor Rx (or generic equivalent)

April 28, 2021 first day without Effexor after very rapid titration off (probably equivalent to CT).

July 23, 2021 Reinstatement of ~3mg of Venlafaxine ER (~8.9mg of capsule material).

50 mg Chelated Magnesium, 4X a day

1000mg DHA+EPA Fish oil 2X day

• Mentor
46 minutes ago, Erell said:

Let me know if you're looking for infos in France 😉

All my sweet wishes dear mstimc !

Thank you so much for the sweet wishes, mon ami!  We'll be in Paris in late October--can't wait!

Tim C

• Mentor

Hello @mstimc just read your story and signature. I started Paxil a year after you and tapered and crashed same year as you. I’m glad to read your recovery! Gives me hope! And yes as erell  said big changes brings on weird mixed and anxious feelings. I always try to tell myself it’s only temporary! Best of luck on you travels!

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

• Mentor

Thank you for the good wishes, Heath.  Once I accepted that anxiety/OCD was something caused by the way my brain is wired, and that I could manage it instead fighting it, things began to improve.  You will recover!

Tim C

Thank you mstimc- I have been wondering what to do about my ocd that has returned since reducing my med. I have to find ways to cope if I ever want to be off my med. I am currently in a severe depression with existential ocd that I am trying to confront. Practicing ERP, and working on the fear these thoughts create. Your words give me hope that I might be able to actually do this on my own. Maybe I can’t, maybe I will go back to the pills, but I at least want a fighting chance that I wa s never offered 16 years ago when they put me on them without any questions. 

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564