Icip

Icip: Has anyone with these symptoms had them improve, or completely go away?

Maui

Hi icip,

Thank so much for the reply.  When I am reading something, it's like I think it say mom. They I reread and it says man. It's like at first I think it says one thing then reread because it would make sense. Then I see the correct word .These symptoms arent constant they come and go. Its working me tho. 

I do have the head pressure at times too. I'm hoping it all resolves, since this is a small dose.

Thanks!

Icip
3 hours ago, Maui said:

Hi icip,

Thank so much for the reply.  When I am reading something, it's like I think it say mom. They I reread and it says man. It's like at first I think it says one thing then reread because it would make sense. Then I see the correct word .These symptoms arent constant they come and go. Its working me tho. 

I do have the head pressure at times too. I'm hoping it all resolves, since this is a small dose.

Thanks!

Maui,

If you’re tapering, you will experience symptoms. I cold-turkeyed and am stuck with these indefinitely, weaning off gradually should make things a little less intense for you but with each reduction may come a worsening of symptoms, or even new. The longer you stay in a dose for, the more stable you’ll become.

Check elsewhere on this site for the ‘10% taper’ - this is what the moderators here recommend.

Your central nervous system has become destabilised with it receiving less of the drug which it has become dependent on. It’s just a case of letting it calm down whether that’s on a lowered dose, or when you hit that 0.0mg mark; it can take a while.

No Problem, if you start an introduction I’ll be sure to follow to see how you do over the months :))

Icip.

Icip

Hi all if anyone is keeping up with this still,

Is anhedonia able to come on as a withdrawal symptom later on in the process of withdrawal, when was not present from the start?

My first couple of weeks were spent crying most days/nights. I spent a good week wholly in bed and you guessed it, sobbing. I had so many (chemical maybe) emotions. These are now gone, but I’ve been met with what I think is even worse; emotional flatness or ‘anhedonia’.

Ive just watched a film that should has turned me into a sobbing mass - but my eyes could only muster maybe a pin-prick or two of moisture.

I would be so grateful if anyone would be able to answer this through knowledge or experience, I’m being riddled by the ‘this will be permanent’ thoughts again heh. Thank you.

(Film I mentioned was ‘Marriage Story’ on Netflix, I massively recommend anybody to watch. Adam Driver is amazing, I however struggle to get Kylo Ren out of my head tho :). I think it’s my new favourite film - is just a shame that I’ve had to experience it like this for the first time).

[Edit] - In general, I feel flat and dull. Head is slow and sometimes empty (is getting a little more vibrant but slowly). This is all recent, I just thought anhedonia was a symptom of altered brain activity, not a symptom of the healing/destabilisation itself after being on an antidepressant for such a short amount of time. I am most probably wrong.

Thank you,

Icip.

Edited by Icip
Added more information.

Icip

Main symptoms now:

Intermittent anxiety/dread (minor, just takes spending a day in bed for it to dissipate).

Tinnitus (but greatly reduced; I can go about my day without it bothering me much).

Brain fog/cloudy thoughts - Is getting a lot better, still not myself, it just feels like I’m a few gb of ram short of 16gb (a little slower + not much room/will to think). This is noticeably getting better by the week.

Joint pain - still horrid, it doesn’t hurt till it hurts if that makes sense. You forget about it then as soon as you start walking, it feels like you had never sat down. I could live with this for the rest of my life if it meant a full deduction of other symptoms.

Anhedonia - started just before Christmas, is getting a lot better.

Ability to focus (maybe comes under brain fog) - a lot lot lot better, I no longer feel a pressure in my brain when concentrating for too long/thinking, or when processing too much information.

Light sensitivity (photophobia) - getting better, glare has returned to ‘normal levels’.

Double vision - seemingly improving, worse when tired or with the longer I hold my eyes open. If I close my eyes and move my eyes around (which I believe maybe lubricates them a little) it goes away for around five - 10 seconds. While if I cover my eyes completely with my hands then look, it’s there instantly. From this, I’m hoping it to be dry eye which may also explain the slight photophobia: going to contact my GP about this next week.

I’d say that I feel like myself again, a little watered down from I a year ago maybe hehe but like me. Spent the past two days with a friend, and it’s just felt well, normal. The only symptom that still worries me is the brain fog - my head just never feels clear. I guess it’s cleared up this much and I’ve only really recently acquired my ability to think back, so it’s still early doors for more improvement.

I hope everyone is well ;)),

Icip.

Icip

Slight improvement, but of note to myself - I stepped out of my house today and I to the street, I didn’t feel overwhelmed, ‘spaced out’, or like I was dreaming. I have ADHD so get sensory overload quite badly, but haven’t had one episode since being in withdrawal; I had one today during a lecture.

This might have been a wave, or what as it brought along with it head pressure and an inability to think very well, however I know this will go with some sleep a sit always used to.

Tinnitus is still here, but improving slowly (I get episodes rarely where it’s virtually gone which are becoming more frequent). Cognitive fog is improving, memory (short-term/working) is improving, but still nowhere like it used to be. I’m feeling joy, pleasure, and have been able to make jokes/‘talk rubbish’ with them - normal teenager stuff heh.

So yeah, a little closer to normality. I’m still hesitant to boast though, I’m still scared that one day that will be it, my improvements stop; I’m praying though and praying for all of the lovely people on this site:)).

Icip.

Icip

Quick Update:

I’m pretty functional again, I don’t dissociate when outside anymore, and my eyesight is seemingly a little ‘normal’ now.

still having a hard time concentrating, have a little tense feeling in my head that I can normally forget about but is most prominent when trying to work/concentrate, and I do feel a little ‘off’ of sorts. Nothing new, the offness has retracted considerably, but still there.

Joint and muscle pain in my legs went away overnight a few days ago; I can start running again which I’m pretty happy about (just need to find the time now heh).

I’m still a little flat, maybe uninspired. I could be depressed or what but I still certainly have a cap on my creativity.

I’m pretty fed up right now. I used to have bouts of anxiety (pre-WD) where I couldn’t concentrate and felt like this (head pressure n all). It feels like I have this constantly now, hoping it will dissipate as my brain stabilises/calms down.

Hope everyone is okay,

Icip.

Icip

Update:

Leg aches are back, was nice while they were gone - I used to run a lot and gave me some hope.

No real improvements other than slight boost in cognition - nowhere near what it was, still foggy; my head feels ‘full’ or as if it’s ‘clogged’.

Improvement in derealisation - I feel awake and alive. Again, not quite normal.

Tinnitus + visual troubles still persist. Throughout this, my OCD has sustained itself as strong as ever, however I’ve noticed that I’m no longer anxious about people and going outside anymore: maybe because my anxiety is centred around withdrawal? Any answers or theories on this would be lovely.

Brain fog/fullness coincides in intensity with head pressure, this still flares up to the point where in just want to hide in my room (as I do mostly anyway heh) n binge watch docs.

I think tranquillised is an ample word to describe my situation. I think I preferred chaos.

Thanks,

Icip.

Icip

Head pressure has returned - has been worsening over the past few days along with a sense of being 'high' and a little floaty; like I've drank too much coffee. I had this after my first dose of sertraline - hoping that the symptoms are gradually weaning back to this 'pre-crash' state (also accompanied by a sense of derealisation, a teeny tiny one though). The pressure isn't exclusive to my forehead, is also present behind my eyes.

(Edit - tinnitus has improved substantially but definitely still there).

Icip

Hi everyone,

My thread has seemed a little overly positive in recent weeks. Today, with a gradual build-up over the last few days - I've had an increase in anxiety over my situation; will this ever end? The vision problem never seem to abate, however the visual static totally lessened last night, I think and hope.

Thanks,

Icip.

Icip

I forgot to add in my last post, I just feel quite calm - like I’m stuck or that I feel normal, but it’s a horrible normal. Vision seems dull, double vision, light sensitivity + mild after-images, I feel very empty in the head, and joint pain in legs.

Thanks,

Icip.

Icip

After facing what was probably my lowest day for a few weeks, today (yesterday as is the early hours of the morning here in sunny UK) has been quite nice, haven’t noticed my tinnitus really other than when focussing greatly on it - it continues to get better. Derealisation hasn’t been present, and joint pain wasn’t there either. My vision has seemed weirdly normal - yes still light sensitivity + very very very minor after images (I think most people get them to a very very slight degree) when focussing on something, then looking away.

I managed to go to the library and write 200 words of an essay which I’ve had to mitigate for my course (200/2000 heh) read for around an hour with intermittent phone break of course.

Brain fog is still very much so there, word recall is a pain (I hope this one gets especially better, I like my big words when writing academically), a sense of my brain being a solid mass with not much working inside of it was still there - but overall, it’s been quite a normal day.

Now I’m just worrying that the ‘windows and waves’ theory is purely based on some days we have more anxiety than other, so exasperating our symptoms, but permanent damage has still been done. I don’t know, I just want my cognition back - politics is quite literally my biggest hobby in life, it’s all I can relate daily happenings to, policies and state-leaders, I’m currently finding it hard to care and even harder to critically analyse things I should be doing so to.

Also, during waves, my entire visual field (especislly mid-late day) is grey, dull, and scary looking - my vision seems rich and familiar when feeling good. Odd.

Cognition isn’t affected by windows/waves, neither really is the tinnitus - vision, anxiety, derealisation, and joint pain seem to be.