RM123: in need of help

RM123

@Gridley your right coming off cold turkey again would be harmful and cause unpleasant sides that can last a long time. I’m thinking that’s what’s happening with CT fluoxitine and CT mirtzapine before I reinstated that can cause me the same as above. 

I’m still barely sleeping and I cant get melatonin here OTC. I bought Montmorency cherry capsules today and will try that but not sure how much and when. I’m taking 100mg of mag gly as well. 

I’m exhausted and I’m noticing I’m more anxious in the mornings and throughout the day. I feel sad and low. I walk around with no life in me. 

I’m so hopeless thinking if I already came off fluoxitine CT, I might as well jump off mirtzapine and not have to deal with this all over again if I decide to taper 10%. I’ve just had enough. I can understand if my attitude is disrespectful and annoying because of the time you have taken to help me out and I’m sorry about that. I know I keep jumping back and forth. I know you can’t tell me what to do but only give advice. Forgive me I am just fed up. I just hoped that staying on 7.5mg and stabilising would help me get my sleep back. I feel that I already royally screwed myself for a long time :(

I can’t remember exact dates but:

I CT’d 20mg fluoxitine in Aug 2019. I thought to myself well I might as well come off mirtzapine. 10 years on this drug.

I CT’d 15mg Mirtzapine in Sept 2019. 2 years on this drug.

Insomnia started in Oct 2019 but I took no notice of it. I panicked in Dec 2019 as it became worse and of course never left. Hoping I I would get my

sleep back I reinstated mirtzapine hoping may sleep would come back in Dec 2019  at 7.5mg for a few days then 15mg for a few days then

stabilised at 7.5mg when I found SA. 

Since then I have experienced bloating which I have never had before, and a ectopic heart beat. Im exhausted and can't even think, speak or retain what people are saying to me anymore. I used to speak so intellectually and now I can't even get words out. 

@mstimc thanks for the reply. I may be younger but since the lack of sleep I’ve developed horrendous eye bags that make me look sick, tired, very ill and about 20 years older. It really bothers me. I know I repeat myself. I cant help it. I’m finding it hard to list things that make me feel like a good person. 

I have no motivation. I’m low, sad, anxious which seems to be getting worse. I just have no passion to live right now. I’m sorry to hear about your struggles I just don’t know how much longer I can hang in there. It’s sad to hear me so negative. I am not like this. But so much stuff has happened in the last 6 months on top of this. I’m just being completely honest. I’m just so tired of it. Sorry. 

I CT’d 20mg fluoxitine in Aug 2019. I thought to myself well I might as well come off mirtzapine. 10 years on this drug.

Insomnia started in Oct 2019 but I took no notice of it. I panicked in Dec 2019 as it became worse and of course never left. Hoping I I would get my

sleep back I reinstated mirtzapine hoping may sleep would come back in Dec 2019  at 7.5mg for a few days then 15mg for a few days then

Since then I have experienced bloating which I have never had before, and a ectopic heart beat. Im exhausted and can't even think, speak or retain what people are saying to me anymore. I used to speak so intellectually and now I can't even get words out. 

• Mentor
10 minutes ago, RM123 said:

@mstimc thanks for the reply. I may be younger but since the lack of sleep I’ve developed horrendous eye bags that make me look sick, tired, very ill and about 20 years older. It really bothers me. I know I repeat myself. I cant help it. I’m finding it hard to list things that make me feel like a good person. 

I have no motivation. I’m low, sad, anxious which seems to be getting worse. I just have no passion to live right now. I’m sorry to hear about your struggles I just don’t know how much longer I can hang in there. It’s sad to hear me so negative. I am not like this. But so much stuff has happened in the last 6 months on top of this. I’m just being completely honest. I’m just so tired of it. Sorry. 

You have nothing to apologize for.  Anxiety coupled with withdrawal can be overwhelming.  You have worth and a purpose.  If you didn't, people here wouldn't be giving you their support and help.

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

• Moderator Emeritus
29 minutes ago, RM123 said:

I might as well jump off mirtzapine and not have to deal with this all over again if I decide to taper 10%. I’ve just had enough.

RM123,

I understand your frustration, and I'm sorry your sleep is so poor.

The thing is, you CT'd twice and then reinstated the 7.5mg Mirtazapine.  Your system is very destabilized from the CT's and has now become accustomed to the 7.5mg Mirt.   Your brain has adapted to having it there.   Another cold turkey brings with it the very real risk of further destabilization and additional symptoms that might make you wish for the days when "all" you had to worry about was the insomnia and the lack of motivation.  

My advice is to hold at 7.5mg mirtazapine and wait until you stabilize.  As I said in my previous post, I would not reinstate to your previous doses of either fluoxetine or mirtazapine.  Your system is not the same system as it was when you were on those full doses.  As the saying goes, you can't step onto the same river twice.   I know life is very unpleasant now--I've been there--but I would urge patience and holding where you are with no further changes.

Here's a link on the cherry capsules.  Read it and make up your own mind.  Some people have reported success, others not.

Tart cherry - Surviving Antidepressants

I'm sorry you can't get Melatonin there without a prescription, which I find ridiculous.  100mg of mag gly isn't that high a dose.  You could increase it.  It's an innocuous supplement, with the limiting factor being how much you can take without it having a laxative effect.  Some people dissolve it in water and sip in throughout the day.  Another option would be to keep a dose or two by your bedside and take it throughout the night.  Or take several smaller doses throughout the day and night.  

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

17 minutes ago, mstimc said:

You have nothing to apologize for.  Anxiety coupled with withdrawal can be overwhelming.  You have worth and a purpose.  If you didn't, people here wouldn't be giving you their support and help.

Thank you. 

@Gridley thank you. I will hold and stabilise. Your advice is appreciated. 

It is ridiculous I can’t get melatonin OTC so the cherries will have to do for now. What’s the most I can take of Mag gly? Like you said is it only dependent on how much my stomach can take. I’ve taken one now so maybe I can take 2 every time I wake up? 

• Moderator Emeritus

@RM123

I don't know your age or gender but here's the recommended daily amount:

19-30 years old  male 400  female 310

31-50 years old  male 420  female 320

Keep in mind that we in WD are much more sensitized to supplements than the undrugged.  I would start with a small increase over what you're taking now (I'm assuming you're tolerating 100mg ok) and work up from there.  The main limiting factor is the laxative effect or other GI upsets.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

16 hours ago, Gridley said:

@RM123

I don't know your age or gender but here's the recommended daily amount:

19-30 years old  male 400  female 310

31-50 years old  male 420  female 320

Keep in mind that we in WD are much more sensitized to supplements than the undrugged.  I would start with a small increase over what you're taking now (I'm assuming you're tolerating 100mg ok) and work up from there.  The main limiting factor is the laxative effect or other GI upsets.

Thanks for this. Any thoughts on Tryptophan?

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, RM123 said:

Any thoughts on Tryptophan?

Tryptophan should not be taken while tapering because if taken along with a SSRI it can cause serotonin syndrome.  I'd stay away from it.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

4 hours ago, Gridley said:

Tryptophan should not be taken while tapering because if taken along with a SSRI it can cause serotonin syndrome.  I'd stay away from it.

Phew! Glad I’m on this forum. Thanks for all your help always @Gridley .

I’m getting some some melatonin sent to me slow and fast release.  All I can get is 1mg fast release. Breaking tablets to .25 or .5 is hard for me to do. I don’t have a scale that’s accurate and when I break them they are never even and “half” goes to waste. 

Also how much my would take for slow release. Maybe I can take them both. Slow release early in the day and 1mg fast before I sleep. 

When are you taking mag gly?

This is so hard. Having so much anxiety about all the situations I have in life. I’m going through so much on top of all this. My chest carries so much of this anxiety if that makes sense. Anxious the whole day it’s horrible. I try to calm myself during the day with meditation and I try to not think about my worries close to bed but it’s not helping. I get up every morning dreading the day,  my anxieties kick in full throttle and I feel there’s nothing to get up for. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, RM123 said:

.5 is hard for me to do

Can you get a pill cutter, maybe at a pharmacy? For sure on Amazon. It's a little chopper thing with a tiny razor blade inside.  They work better than a knife.  It doesn't have to be exact.  Why don't you start with .5 (f you can cut it) of the fast release.  Try that for two nights.  Not both.  See how it works. Then you could try .5 of the slow release for a couple of nights.  See which works better.  What I do is take .5 slow release at bedtime and when (inevitably) I wake up, I take another .5.  Sometimes I'm able to get back to sleep, sometimes not.  But increase very slowly.  We want to find the dose and type that works best for you.

I take the mag gly at bedtime.  At one point I was taking it again when I woke up, but I'm very sensitive to magnesium and had to eliminate the second dose.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

34 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Can you get a pill cutter, maybe at a pharmacy? For sure on Amazon. It's a little chopper thing with a tiny razor blade inside.  They work better than a knife.  It doesn't have to be exact.  Why don't you start with .5 (f you can cut it) of the fast release.  Try that for two nights.  Not both.  See how it works. Then you could try .5 of the slow release for a couple of nights.  See which works better.  What I do is take .5 slow release at bedtime and when (inevitably) I wake up, I take another .5.  Sometimes I'm able to get back to sleep, sometimes not.  But increase very slowly.  We want to find the dose and type that works best for you.

I take the mag gly at bedtime.  At one point I was taking it again when I woke up, but I'm very sensitive to magnesium and had to eliminate the second dose.

I’ve got a pill cutter but it never cuts properly. Maybe I need a new one. I will try that method when I get the melatonin but for now it’s Montmorency cherries. 

The people who are getting me the melatonin are having a hard time finding 1mg slow/time/extended release. Most are 3,5 and 10mg!!! 

How much mag gly are you taking? 

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, RM123 said:

How much mag gly are you taking? 

All I can tolerate is 100mg.

Natrol makes a 1mg extended release Melatonin.  Available in the U.S. at VitaCost on the Internet.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

17 minutes ago, Gridley said:

All I can tolerate is 100mg.

Natrol makes a 1mg extended release Melatonin.  Available in the U.S. at VitaCost on the Internet.

Ok thanks. 

I also I spilt my mirtzapine by hand as it has a notch in the middle. I weighed it on my scale and there’s a 1mg difference sometimes. 8mg and 7mg = 15mg. Is that bad?

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, RM123 said:

I weighed it on my scale and there’s a 1mg difference sometimes. 8mg and 7mg = 15mg. Is that bad?

It would be better to carve off 0.5mg from the 8mg and add it to the 7mg.  It might be easier if you grind the pill into powder between two spoons and measure that way.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

I was so hopeful the last 2 nights before as I manage to sleep 6hrs somehow. It felt so good as if I was starting to sleep better...

Only to be hit with 1-2hrs of sleep last night. How demoralising 😞

I feel like I screwed myself over big time coming off meds cold turkey. I feel like this may last years. That’s torture. 

• Moderator Emeritus
30 minutes ago, RM123 said:

1-2hrs of sleep last night

It's going to be up and down.  Recovery is not linear.

19 minutes ago, RM123 said:

I feel like this may last years.

There's no way to know how long withdrawal is going to last.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

2 minutes ago, Gridley said:

It's going to be up and down.  Recovery is not linear.

There's no way to know how long withdrawal is going to last.  

This is what I thought. Absolute torture. 

im thinking of going on meds to get my sleep back. Are they all bad?

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, RM123 said:

Are they all bad?

We do not recommend going on drugs.  You will eventually stabilize on the 7.5mg.  Hang in there, RM.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

48 minutes ago, Gridley said:

We do not recommend going on drugs.  You will eventually stabilize on the 7.5mg.  Hang in there, RM.

Ok I think that’s a good idea. How about Promethazine? The dr prescribed me some a way back. I know you can get it OTC as well. He also prescribed zopicolne but I have not touched that. 

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, RM123 said:

Promethazine? The dr prescribed me some a way back. I know you can get it OTC as well. He also prescribed zopicolne

Promethazine is basically an antihistamine.  If you start it it will need to be tapered.  

Tips for tapering promethazine / Phenergan - Tapering ...

Zopiclone is a powerful drug to which it's quite easy to become dependent.  Altostrata, founder of this site wrote this about Zpoiclone:

"You do not need to take the "Z drugs" (sleep drugs) regularly. They are safer when you do NOT take them regularly, only very occasionally, so you do not become physically dependent.

All the benzo-type drugs, including the Z drugs, can cause rebound anxiety or sleeplessness when they wear off. In fact, that's how many people become addicted -- when they start to feel rebound, they take more of the drug."

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

@Gridley how long did it take you to get you sleep back? 

I had my second session for CBT-Insomnia and the therapists wants to introduce sleep restriction. 

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help again and taking time out when I know you have your own life to worry about 

1 minute ago, Gridley said:

Promethazine is basically an antihistamine.  If you start it it will need to be tapered.  

Tips for tapering promethazine / Phenergan - Tapering ...

Zopiclone is a powerful drug to which it's quite easy to become dependent.  Altostrata, founder of this site wrote this about Zpoiclone:

"You do not need to take the "Z drugs" (sleep drugs) regularly. They are safer when you do NOT take them regularly, only very occasionally, so you do not become physically dependent.

All the benzo-type drugs, including the Z drugs, can cause rebound anxiety or sleeplessness when they wear off. In fact, that's how many people become addicted -- when they start to feel rebound, they take more of the drug."

Thank you for answering. 

I think I will stay away from promethazine. I don’t want to taper anything more. 

Actually I did take a dose of zopiclone a while back and what I noticed is I wasn’t able to get to fall asleep the next night. 

Sorry so many things have happened my memory is so poor.

I was also prescribed temezepam and it’s the same thing with that. Took one dose and couldn’t fall asleep the next night. So maybe I should stay away as I am able to fall asleep. 

Although last night I fell asleep but when I woke up about 1.5hr after it actually felt that I didn’t sleep at all as I was awake if that makes sense. Then I tossed and turned for hrs. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, RM123 said:

how long did it take you to get you sleep back? 

My sleep is off and on.  I've only had a few nights with almost no sleep, so it never really went away and came back, just varied quite a bit.  The lower I've gotten on the Lexapro, which is an activating drug, the better my sleep as been.  I keep a daily drug chart of my symptoms including hours of sleep.  For the last few days it's varied all over the map: 6 hours, 7, 7, 6, 5, 5, 7, 7, 4.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

My sleep is off and on.  I've only had a few nights with almost no sleep, so it never really went away and came back, just varied quite a bit.  The lower I've gotten on the Lexapro, which is an activating drug, the better my sleep as been.  I keep a daily drug chart of my symptoms including hours of sleep.  For the last few days it's varied all over the map: 6 hours, 7, 7, 6, 5, 5, 7, 7, 4.

Gridley I am so sorry to hear. 

This is so difficult. I’m so scared I will never get my sleep back again like I used to. I could sleep for days and I loved it. It seems as if a lot of people don’t get back their sleep for a very very long time and that causes me a lot of anxiety. I’m so worried. I look worse and worse very day which really affects my mental health even more. 

Like I said my CBT-I therapists want me to do sleep restriction. Are you familiar with it? I’m praying I will sleep again. It’s affected my whole life. 

I feel so bad talking about my issues when I know you got yours 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, RM123 said:

sleep restriction

Sorry, I don't know anything about it.

RM, it's much better not to catastrophize and worry that won't get your sleep back.  You will.  Don't internalize the horror stories.  Your situation could very well be much better, and it is advantageous to your healing that you assume it will. Remember that you got 6 hours of sleep for two days in a row.  That's a very encouraging sign.  Don't look only at the bad and don't focus on every little symptom and blip.  There will be symptoms and blips.  Remember: recovery is not linear, it's up and down.   Worrying and catastrophizig are big stressors, and you want to minimize stressors in your life.  

Yes, we don't look our best in WD and with lack of sleep, but that's temporary.  You have to keep remembering that: this is temporary.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

@Gridley that is sound advice. It’s very difficult for me atm to think like that because of my mental health. But I am trying. 

You’re right my situation could be better than others and I did manage better sleep the other two nights after taking tart cherries. So yes that is a positive sign which I need to embrace.

I thinking the effect of the tart cherries may have worn off so I will cycle that and mag gly for trail and error. Two night tart cherries, two night mag gly. 

I do need to stop focussing on every single little thing. I waste hrs and hrs researching online that I miss out doing my important things that I need to get done. 

Your last sentence. THIS IS TEMPORARY and that made me want to cry :’)

Hey RM, I am glad your sleep is better now. I wish you more improvement in the future. 

2015 - Elicea for 2 months, quit cold turkey, survived withdrawal (brain zaps, severe depression)

2018 - april to july, Xanax, quit cold turkey, no serious withdrawal symptoms

2018 - august to late december, Mirtazapine, psychiatrist got me off it cold turkey

2019 - january to april, Seroxat, again stopped cold turkey, developed double vision if looking at close screens etc.

2019 - june to 13th november, Zyprexa (2.5mg-10mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking it

2019 - middle october to november 13th, Zoloft (0.6mg-25mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking

Horrible withdrawal with severe insomnia afterwards, not feeling hungry or sleepy, never tired, stomach problems, nausea...

24th november - reinstated 2.5mg zyprexa

3rd december - 5mg zyprexa

new symptoms - glare, halos around lights, muscle twitching worse, eyelid and cheek twitching every 5-10 minutes

11th january 2020 - 4.3mg zyprexa 

Late 2020 (gradually finished the taper back then) to present - meds free. No improvements regarding sleep. Developed dry eyes because lack of it. Only positive change is that I do feel sleepy now but sleep is the same, broken and not good.

18 minutes ago, Hell said:

Hey RM, I am glad your sleep is better now. I wish you more improvement in the future. 

@HellHey Hell! Thanks for commenting, that’s really nice of you.  My sleep was only good for the two nights previous. I was taking tart cherries for those nights and managed to sleep 6hrs. 

But last night bam. I woke up within 1.5hrs or so of falling asleep. So I’m back to where I was. 1-2hrs a night and it’s absolutely heartbreaking. I’m really tired and fed up if this insomnia and my eyes bags are horrendous. I used to look so fresh and young l. Never had eye bags before and this is killing me cause I have to look at it everyday which reminds me of my insomnia on top of all the other issues with it. 

• Moderator Emeritus

RM, insomnia is rotten. I know. I think most of us have been there. It isn't going to kill you and it isn't going to cause you long-term problems. It will pass and you will sleep normally again. This is just a really rough time that you are in right now, this first early period of withdrawal. It's pretty awful, I know. But think of it as a temporary illness that you are going to recover from. It's hard to get through but you will. One day, one hour, one minute at a time.

A couple more comments after skimming your thread:  If you do get melatonin, don't take it early in the day even if it's slow-release. Take it only when you are ready to sleep. It may or may not help, we don't know what causes withdrawal insomnia and it might not have anything to do with your melatonin production. Try it and if it helps, use it, but if it doesn't help, don't panic. TIME is going to help. Doing the things suggested back in that post from Gridley quoting someone else, those will help. Exercise, especially long walks, will probably help, as long as it's not right before bedtime.

Also: Probably best not to talk to your doc about withdrawal, but if you do and she pulls that "evidence-based medicine" thing again, tell her that you really want to read the studies that she is quoting from, the studies showing that people who take mirtazapine for a year or longer do not have severe withdrawal issues. Ask her to please give you the names of those studies. THEY DON'T EXIST. Her "evidence" doesn't exist. That is not evidence-based medicine, that is "believing what the pharmaceutical companies tell me based on wishful thinking" medicine.

There are finally some researchers in the UK paying a little bit of attention to this.  (Not really anywhere else.)  If she tells you again that what you're experiencing isn't withdrawal, ask her to read this: https://www.bmj.com/content/365/bmj.l2283

https://www.bmj.com/content/367/bmj.l6103

Even the NHS website is now admitting that some people can have withdrawal symptoms for months: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/how-should-antidepressants-be-discontinued/

So your doctor is wrong and out of date.

Best wishes to you. This is a rough, rotten time. Insomnia is so hard. However, this phase will pass and you are going to be fine, as long as you stay the course, don't change your drugs, and do all the self-care good things you can. Hang in there!

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

11 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

RM, insomnia is rotten. I know. I think most of us have been there. It isn't going to kill you and it isn't going to cause you long-term problems. It will pass and you will sleep normally again. This is just a really rough time that you are in right now, this first early period of withdrawal. It's pretty awful, I know. But think of it as a temporary illness that you are going to recover from. It's hard to get through but you will. One day, one hour, one minute at a time.

11 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Best wishes to you. This is a rough, rotten time. Insomnia is so hard. However, this phase will pass and you are going to be fine, as long as you stay the course, don't change your drugs, and do all the self-care good things you can. Hang in there!

@Rhiannon thanks for the message. This has really helped me reading this. It has really reassured me. Thank you so much. Words like this keep me going. I will keep all of this in mind. 

Sleep has been horrible. I really don’t know how much more of this I can take. It’s pushing me to my limits. 

I’ve been really really anxious when I wake up from my a few hrs sleep. Sometimes I manage to go back to sleep but when I wake up and can’t sleep again I’m extremely anxious. I feel it I’m my chest and my body.

Someone please talk to me. 

Im so fed up with this lack of sleep. My eyes are constantly red now on top of eye bags. Sleep is so broken. I’m so anxious. I don’t want to deal with this anymore 

I’m thinking if I take sleeping pills for 3 days In a row it will reset my body clock?