coldturkmama

coldturkmama Recovered after Paxil cold turkey

coldturkmama
18 hours ago, Armorall said:

Whoa... you think the CBD oil actually aided you in getting your sleep back???? I must try it if that's the case!

Yes I do BUT I used hempworx which is the best I’ve ever found and is no longer Available in Canada ugh 😑 and I tried it slowwwwlllllyyyyyy

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

coldturkmama
10 hours ago, Sani said:

I meant to ask, do u have only mental symtoms of anxiety or physical symptoms too like palpitations, sweaty palms, tightness in chest etc?

Mine was a lot of mental but some physical (tight chest and such) but the claire Weekes method And doing the acceptance I learned about realllly helped me.

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

coldturkmama
16 hours ago, zulan said:

congrats on your recovery, these drugs are the devil @coldturkmama

Thank you!! I agree!

Hellbutrin
On 4/5/2020 at 9:21 PM, coldturkmama said:

I swear that’s what helped and now I domt

need it :) yayyy

I’ve been thinking about trying this to help with sleep. Did you see a worsening of memory when you started using it? My only concern is that it could potentially increase my memory decline

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

coldturkmama
11 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

I’ve been thinking about trying this to help with sleep. Did you see a worsening of memory when you started using it? My only concern is that it could potentially increase my memory decline

Nope!  I didn’t notice any decline. I struggled with memory and proper words in the beginning of WD,  but CBD oil didn’t worsen those. 

ResilienceandHope

Hi Coldturkeymama,

Did you have any symptoms such as obsession and looping thoughts?  It's driving me crazy!

2003-2018: Various amounts of Paxil from 20 mg to 5 mg. Occasional Xanax .25 mg for sleep (8-10 times annually)

April 2018: .5 mg Xanax 3 times daily, 10 mg Paxil due to insomnia after horrible experience building a new house with delays.
June 2018: Increase to 20 mg Paxil and continued Xanax.  Horrible side effects and interdose w/d from Xanax(didn't know at the time).
September 2018: .5 Klonopin daily, 30 mg Mirtz, 60 mg Prozac. 
October 2018:  Developed UTI. Floxed with Cipro. Sent me into acute w/d.
November 2018: Switched to 5 mg Valium to try and control interdose w/d. January 2019: Switched to liquid Valium to start taper following Ashton Manual.

Mid February 2019: Ashton schedule too fast, switched to daily liquid micro taper for duration

Mid April 2019: Finished taper Mid May 2019: Started taper Prozac and Mirtz. 10% every 2 weeks.  Too fast. Holding until I feel better. Currently at 40 mg Prozac and 27 mg Mirtz. May 2019: Continue taper. Complete Prozac taper November 2019  January 2020: Complete Remeron taper

March 31, 2020: SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG! Woke up in a panic and everything went downhill fast. Insomnia, audio hallucinations, extreme anxiety and akathesia. Attempted suicide and was put in hospital. Put on cocktail of drugs. 80 mg Prozac, 15 mg Remeron, trazedone 75mg, Lithium 300mg. Took meds because I was terrified. June 3, 2020: Still having terrible withdrawal symptoms.

coldturkmama
On 4/18/2020 at 11:39 PM, ResilienceandHope said:

Hi Coldturkeymama,

Did you have any symptoms such as obsession and looping thoughts?  It's driving me crazy!

Yes, I did! 

Have you ever heard of Claire weekes?

i found her book “hope and help for your nerves” as well as a guy named Drew on YouTube (his group name is The Anxious Truth) and their suggestions and tips for those problems really helped

me. 

coldturkmama

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well!

im writing this hoping my friend Melanie will see this!

my email has stopped allowing me to sign in and i am having a hard time verifying the account 😑 

if you see this here, inbox me here :)

Cocopuffz17

Thanks for sharing your journey. I am almost 15 months off my paroxetine. It has been a journey that is for sure!! All the best to you  :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 

2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

coldturkmama
1 hour ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Thanks for sharing your journey. I am almost 15 months off my paroxetine. It has been a journey that is for sure!! All the best to you  :) 

Thank you :)

good luck!!

Armorall

Hi CTM, I was wondering if you had expressive aphasia in the past and if it resolved itself? I'm at 11 months out and now have this as a symptom. Thanks!

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking Magnesium 150mgs daily

Claudius

Very great to read that you also recovered from a horrible CT withdrawal from Paxil. We were in the same boat I remember. Congratulations, it is a miracle on its own to get rid of this nasty stuff!

10 mg Paxil/Seroxat since 2002
several attempts to quit since 2004
Quit c/t again Oktober 2007, in protracted w/d since then
after 3.5 years slight improvement but still on the road

after 6 years pretty much recovered but still some nasty residual sypmtons
after 8.5 years working again on a 90% base and basically functioning normally again!

coldturkmama
On 7/3/2020 at 6:56 PM, Armorall said:

Hi CTM, I was wondering if you had expressive aphasia in the past and if it resolved itself? I'm at 11 months out and now have this as a symptom. Thanks!

I don’t know if that is exactly what I experienced but I found it very hard to formulae sentences and to properly express myself. I could be looking at a broom for example and not remember the name of it!

Armorall

Cool, so that symptom is now gone? How long do you think you had it for? Thanks CTM.

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking Magnesium 150mgs daily

coldturkmama
On 7/16/2020 at 2:06 AM, Armorall said:

Cool, so that symptom is now gone? How long do you think you had it for? Thanks CTM.

Yes :) all gone in that regard!

i came back to ask a question.

has anyone who considered themselves recovered, had a surgery flare things back up?

Erell
22 hours ago, coldturkmama said:

has anyone who considered themselves recovered, had a surgery flare things back up?

you might find testimonies here :

2006 : 20mg Paroxetine + Bromazepam(no specific dose) 

2008 : cold turkey of both

2010 : 20mg Deroxat + Bromazepam(no specific dose) 

2013: Switch from Bromazepam To Prazepam (long half-life)

2014-June2017 : Prazepam taper, 3% drops. 

2018 to August 2019 : weaning Paroxetine 20mg. 3% every 15 days.

- 22nd August updosed To 10mg (was at 8.4mg) because of a big wave. 

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paroxetine. 

April 2020-August 2020 : Paxil to Prozac bridge. Details https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21457-erell-struggling-with-paroxetine/?do=findComment&comment=499847

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate/ fish oil/ evening primrose oil 

Current medication : 7mg Fluoxetine + 1mg Diazepam + toothpick Paroxetine