coldturkmama Recovered after Paxil cold turkey

coldturkmama

@coldturkmamawhat symptoms do you have now?

Celexa 10 mg started (for panic attack) and quickly stopped. From Jan 2001 to September 2001 stopped cold turkey.

Celexa 10mg taken for short period of time in 2010; could not take for a long period of time due to side effects, thus only taken for about 2 months. Went through withdrawal symptoms, and protracted symptoms for at least 1.5 years.

Restarted Celexa 10 mg in 2013 to 2016 off and on. (never could tolerate anything above 10mg) to due work related stress, and not because of anxiety or depression. Never could consistently take a pill daily for weeks at a time, due to side effects. 

Restarted in 2019 off and on again for a year, than in October 2020, cold turkey stopped. Did not know about this website, never was told how to stop or to taper since "I was not taking a high dose", suffered insomnia, elevated blood pressure, anxiety, stress, but not any real devastating symptoms. 

Have not swallowed a micro dust of Citalopram since October 2020, and it's October 2021 now.

Started trazodone 25mg in April 5th, 2021 for insomnia, horrible choice, recommended by doctor, couldn't tolerate side effects, tapered, every other day for a month starting on April 24th, than every 2 days for 1 months in May as recommended by doctor, until last 25 mg pill swallowed on June 07,2021. What a mistake! 

No SSRI's or SSNI's or any psycho medications have been ingested by me since June 07,2021. And life has been hell, especially after the Trazodone was introduced. 

March 17th, 18th, 2022. I took a cough suppressant that contained Dextromethrophan. Took a total of 20 mg over 2 days, to suppress cough. Caused a major exacerbation of previous symptoms. Have suffered 2 Panic attacks, difficulty sleeping, anxiety which had been well controlled for at least 3 months. And also worsen my Withdrawal induced Tinnitus.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:20 AM, TrazodoneShouldBeIllegal18 said:

@coldturkmamawhat symptoms do you have now?

its hard to say if I have any real lasting symptoms from the withdrawal and what is just regular anxiety.

I feel like I have overcome 99% of the withdrawal. I have some issues sometimes with getting my words out but I think that’s just normal stuff, distraction lol 

the very last issue I had that hasn’t come back in 6 or so months was the fake UTI Symptoms. It was painful last time and I was worried it was a real uti but it went away as usual. 😑 Haven’t had a flare of that in a while! 

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wonderful to hear, CTM!

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Coldturkmama ☺️

I wanted to ask, ist you also know That Deep black anxiety After going ct? 

Its so much better, but I have this chemical anxitiey still … (I am 27 month out) 

Thank you so much! 

Hope youre doing well! 

Love, Kara ♥️

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 3:13 PM, Kara2302 said:

Hello Coldturkmama ☺️

I wanted to ask, ist you also know That Deep black anxiety After going ct? 

Its so much better, but I have this chemical anxitiey still … (I am 27 month out) 

Thank you so much! 

Hope youre doing well! 

Love, Kara ♥️

after cold Turkey my regular anxiety looked like a little kitten compared to the terrible black hole of chemical withdrawal anxiety. 
i understand for sure!

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

I check in here often in case someone has messaged me but it’s so funny because at one time, this place kept me sane. It kept me going. I can’t thank the creators of this page enough for having this informative space for those of us who were in the thick of it.