• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Pens said:

Could you tell me how I can find someone that I’m following?

Go to your avatar and username at the top right corner of your computer screen. 

Click on your username.

Click on "Manage Followed Content."

Over on the left, you'll see a list of what you can follow, including members you're following. 

You can update your preferences there to get notifications and / or email alerts whenever someone you're following makes a post. 

• 1 month later...

I’m feeling really bad. Not sure if I’m coming down too quickly in my taper. My shaking is really bad, very dizzy and I have no interest in anything I have until the end of the month before considering the change. Sleep isn’t very good. I’ve been taking 25 mg melatonin at night before bed, any advice.

2017–20 18 sertraline 50 mg
2018 Pristiq 50 mg
2018 Ciprolex 10 mg
2019 bupropion 150 mg
2019 to 2020 Mirtazapine 7.5 mg
2019 clonazepam 0.5 mg
2020 escitolopram 10 mg
2020 May Pre-Gabalin 150 mg, June  sertraline 100 mg to 50 mg, December pre Gabalin 110 mg
2021, December  pre-Gabalin 53.5 mg to 48 mg, December sertraline 38.8 mg to 38 mg
2022, January sertraline 38 mg to 36 mg, February sertraline 36 mg to 34 mg, March pre-Gabalin 48 mg to 46.2 mg, April 5 sertraline 34 mg to 33.6 mg., April 24, Sertraline 33.6 mg to 32.9 mg, April 24, stopped Calcium citrate 150 mg, May 4 melatonin 1.25, reducing melatonin see posts., May 2, Brand change on sertraline and pregabalin May 13 Sertraline 31.2 mg May 21 Sertraline 30.8 mg, May 28, Sertraline 30 mg, June 6 29.2 mg, June 16, 29.2 mg to 28 mg. July 4, Sertraline 28 mg to 27.4 mg, August 7, 27.4 mg to 24.8mg, August 11 pregabalin from 46.2 to 45 mg, Oct 11; Sertraline 24.4mg, Oct 18, 24 mg., Oct. 25,  23.5 mg, Nov 2, 23.2mg, Dec 2, pregabalin 43.2 mg, Dec. 29, Sertraline 22.4 mg, February 3/23 Sertraline 22 mg,, Feb 24, 22.6. Mg, 

melatonin From black cherry juice.

• Moderator Emeritus

25 mg of melatonin??!!!

That might be a typo......did you mean 0.25 or 2.5 mg?

25 mg would be huge.  I would stop that.

I will guess you used 0.25 mg, as in your signature.

How long with current symptoms in your above post?

Was that the first pregablin taper you've done in many months on Dec. 2nd? (?45 mg to 43.2 mg)

I don't think you are tapering too fast Pens.  I wonder if the alternating tapers is not a great idea.

Or....???  It's just the season......I mean maybe.  I am minimally slumped when there are stretches of days without sunshine.  I mean it still can affect me.......I use my "Happy lite" and just keep going, despite feeling some days like I just "should" stay in or in bed, or binging daylong on shows or something.  I just won't give in to it.  Not at this point.  And I got hit with reflux of all things, now improved.......I did do short term PPI's and have gone to ACV now......but it went with insomnia too.  Cause I can't sleep when I'm refluxing......LOL, not.  Just dreary January brings on the worst in many I guess......is all I am saying.

Are you napping in the day?  That throws some off.

The shaking really bad and dizzy makes me bummed for you.  Is it more intense since your sleep has been off, or the perception of it might be intensified with insomnia?

When do symptoms mentioned peak?  In relation to when you take your drugs.......and you might as well do a couple days notes, as that will answer that most clearly.  Thanks.  I know it was just recent that I said stop them.  Just do a couple days now.

Thanks Pens.  Sorry to hear this.  Darn!  I'll check back fairly shortly Pens.  Hugs.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pens, I was just on when your PM came in, and so......will copy it here:

I am manymore days. I couldn’t find a place where I can leave a comment? Hope this was OK I’m looking for a magnesium product that is either low. oxide or none at all. Could you suggest a good magnesium Glycinate preferably a low-dose like 100 mg. I’m still tapering off sertraline and pre-Gabalin. Thank you for your time.

You may have meant Hi manymoretodays, LOL.  I don't mind an occaisional @ or notification.

Maybe a citrate without oxide.  Checking mine.....it does have oxide.  So I don't know if that exists.

I got a magnesium gycinate 400 KAL brand that is "a delicious lemon-lime flavor", and can be mixed with at least 8-12 ounces of water, taken preferably before a meal that I've found calming, and can be sipped and made to last awhile so you could refrigerate and use over a day.  Or shake up well and only take 1/4 of the total volume, to get 100 mg mag glycinate.

Not plugging this product.  You asked.  I do not see any oxide on the label in fine print.  There is stevia for sweetening, flavoring, Xytol, malt acid and silica.  I had no problem with it.

There may be a single ingredient capsule to be found without oxide for mag glycinate.  You might shop around, scrutinize the label.

I'm more apt to be found soaking in my tub with Epsom salts- magnesium sulfate, on occasion.....works for me.

And then here's the trusty long topic too: if you have time to get through it, you might find more, I see some brands of glycinate mentioned in the first post, you'd have to further sleuth and check the labels before trying to be sure no oxide:

-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

heck, maybe glycinate has no oxide.....I'm no chemist

Good to type at you, see you, @Pens

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
grammar, spelling, one addition

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing