Claireybeary: on sertraline, mirtazapine

Claireybeary

Sertraline 18 years. 6 on mirtazapine... Been tapering by 50 % over 3 years by dropping one night a week for 3 weeks and if now symptoms drop by another night... Was fine 45mg to 30mg.....did 30 mg to 15mg and didn't realise fatigue was withdrawal so went to 7.5 for 1 night and then 2 nights a week and felt awful. Went back up to 15mg but still experiencing aches, sweats and tearfulness. Now back up at 30mg and just balancing out. Nightmare! I have documented it

1995 - 2013 Sertraline

2013 - to present day Mirtazapine

recently return to 30mg due to withdrawal symptoms

tapered from 45mg over last 3 years

tapered by half a dose one night a week for three weeks

then taper another night  etc

• Administrator

Welcome, @Claireybeary

I moved your post here to start your own Introductions topic. You can discuss your own situation and post about your progress in this topic.

What drug are you tapering? If you have withdrawal symptoms, please stop tapering for the time being.

Skipping doses is not a good way to taper off psychiatric drugs.

How long were you taking 15mg this last time around? How long have you been taking 30mg?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I don't skip any doses just reduce them one day at a time, for 3 weeks then if I have no effects I reduce by another night. I had no problem tapering this way from 45mg down to 30mg and most of 30mg to 15mg.

GP has put me back up to 30mg as the 15mg and then 7.5mg withdrawal manifested in extreme fatigue and nausea. 

I taper this way regardless of guidelines as it has worked for me in the past I just made too bigger jump. We are all different regardless of guidelines and need to taper in different ways 

1995 - 2013 Sertraline

• Administrator

What drug are you tapering?

If I were you, I would stop making drug changes for some months, let your nervous system settle down.

If your method has been successful, how may we be of assistance?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Mirtazapine. 

It seem OK to start with but as the doses have got lower I have had symptoms. Am back at 30mg until I feel the symptoms have gone and then plan to taper more slowly. Was just look g for people who understood rather than roll their eyes out of ignorance

1995 - 2013 Sertraline

I am so relieved to have this website. It has reassured me. The aches had stopped so I worked out and the next day the aches are back. Its only been a week since the dose was increased..... Give it time. Thanks

1995 - 2013 Sertraline

• ChessieCat changed the title to Claireybeary: on sertraline, mirtazapine