Ashcake: Paxil and quetiapine

Ashcake

Hello I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with anxiety/ thought disorder when i was 21 they gave me Paxil and quetinepine. I took myself off at one point but had a relapse the. Had to go back on. I don’t want to take this medication anymore . I have lost weight i don’t feel like myself. Sometimes not happy and sleeplessness then lately i have been having headache not sure if it’s stress or the medicine. Then sometimes i think people are talking about me. Like people will be in another room and they are really taking but i hear them saying all she wants is money but i know they are not talking about me . Then one day i thought i heard the person on the tv say all she wants is money but i know the people on the tv not talking about me. I know i am not crazy but it’s very frustrating because my mom is the only person i can talk to but i want to find natural ways to get over this and off this medication so i can feel like myself again. Any help or suggestions is welcomed 

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Ashcake.  We will happy to help you.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  Please include the date you started the two drugs, when you tried to stop them, and your current dosages.  Use the link below:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

We recommend tapering no faster than 10% of current dose every four weeks.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

We advise tapering only one drug at a time.  Otherwise, if problems comes up, you won't know which drug taper is the cause.  We recommend tapering the more activating drug first, in your case Paxil, while waiting to taper the more sedating drug, in your case Seroquel, later to act as a buffer in the meantime.

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Th following link is specifically about tapering Paxil, including how to obtain the non-standard doses you'll need for your 10% taper.

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions, post updates and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ashcake: Paxil and quetiapine