SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Rhiannon's intro (by Rhi)

Rhiannon

Hello @Rhiannon

Thinking of you and how strong a person you are to have pullled yourself up - purchased a home - have been working in an advancing job - and are now thiking of a new and different future for yourself. This takese great courage for peole who have not gone through WD.

Giulietta

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, Pokeshaw said:

Hello Rhi!  

Saw your post and wanted to send my regards and support. Like many others here I have so much identification around the stress issue. I completely understand your reasoning. Makes perfect sense to me!  I have a feeling you are being guided along the way!

Take good care!

Pokeshaw

Pokey so great to see you again! Wow you are down to 0.1 mg, awesome! Looks like it's being frustrating to get below that, but honestly at such a low dose the drug is doing so little harm, don't make yourself crazy over it. Congratulations!

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/30/2019 at 6:08 AM, Guilietta said:

Hello @Rhiannon

Thinking of you and how strong a person you are to have pullled yourself up - purchased a home - have been working in an advancing job - and are now thiking of a new and different future for yourself. This takese great courage for peole who have not gone through WD.

Giulietta

Thank you G. I tend to feel so weak, compared to what I was able to do in the past. I've had a lot of adventures, although they have mostly been around survival so I don't have a lot to show for them. But--weakness has its gifts and lessons too, and I am trying to surrender and learn and keep growing.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, intothewoods said:

@Rhiannon, I was happy to read this as massage therapists are some of the most centered, contented people I know. The profession is so focused on enhancing well-being and using our natural resources to heal and thrive -- you know all this. I think it's super-perfect that you would segue into massage more as you are able with the job benefits, etc. I love massage and was privileged to write about some spa areas, including Calistoga and Mendocino (not that far from you?), and remember floating through the days. 

You asked about my mom on my thread, if she is on the site, but I'll answer here quickly because like you, I've set limits on screen time and on sites that tend to trigger me. If you want, send me a pm so we can keep in touch. My research is coming along thanks in no small part to your help and my mom's. Although she's not on the site, she stays on top of things (she is an RN and chose to work in brain surgery ...!) and is a powerful force for healing. 

Take Care, Rhi.

Catherine 

If I send you a PM here will you be able to read it if you have screen limits?

Your mom sounds awesome! 

Thanks as always for your support, Catherine.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/28/2019 at 2:40 AM, Erell said:

Hi dear Rhiannon, 

I was thinking of you today and wondered how you are doing ?

Are you still doing extra-hours at work ?

Do you still plan on holding on your doses for a couple of months ?

Plein de bisous !

We are back to normal hours at work, fortunately. This past weekend I had a short vacation and went to visit my daughter--the one who lives further away and is not the mother of the grandbaby, so I don't see her as regularly. It was so sweet. I love nothing in life more than my daughters and granddaughter.

I am doing pretty well. The health issues continue and have not gone away or improved much, unfortunately. 

I am tapering valium slowly still but holding everything else right now and I am actually contemplating holding up to six months.

Bisous to you too!

5 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

I tend to feel so weak, compared to what I was able to do in the past. I've had a lot of adventures,

Thank you for sharing, Rhi. I am sorry you feel this way. I understand and feel the same - often depending on what kind of day it is in WD - whether physical or emotional symptoms. Imagine that 'feel' and 'compared to waht I was used to' is something other people feel about themselves. They haven't been through what you or I have (or others here). 

I never thought I would be 57 and living with my parents after the promise and accomplishment of years past.

It is hard to leave the past behind us and live in the present and accept where we are. Bad things happen to good people. I wonder how much of these feelings of self-sabotage and self-deprecation are in our heads - and that turning negative emotions and feelings into positive ones will help us not compare ourselves - but nurture and love ourselves for what we have done.  

I was glad to see / and I am glad to know...you are so fortunate...and I know they cherish you.

5 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

I love nothing in life more than my daughters and granddaughter.

Hugs,

G.

7 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

If I send you a PM here will you be able to read it if you have screen limits?

Yes, no problem. Thanks, Rhi. 

* Fluoxetine: 40 mg 1999-2012; 60 mg 2012-March 2019;  45.2 mg at present.

* Provigil: 25-100 mg PRN 2005 to mid-2015; 200-300 mg mid-2015 to early 2016; tapered from 300 mg in early 2016 to 100 mg early 2017; tapered from 100 mg early 2017 to 33 mg June 15, 2019;  8.9 mg at present.

* Amitriptyline: 10-15 mg 2002-2013; 25 mg 2014 to December 5, 2018; December 15, 2018 converted to water suspension and tapered to 16.5 mg at present

* Diazepam: 5 mg at night 2002-present

Supplements: Iron for anemia

Recent tapering timeline:

2019:  Fluoxetine 60 mg        Provigil 33.5 mg      Amitriptyline 25 mg   Diazepam 5 mg

2022:          45.2 mg                      8.9 mg                     16.5 mg                        5 mg

Back Story: From 2012 thru early 2017, relocated and cycled through over 20 primary and psych docs (supposedly for severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) who prescribed two dozen different psych meds in search of the "perfect therapeutic combo." Took most for only a few days, some for a week. Included Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Lexapro, Seroquel, Lamictal, Klonopin, Lyrica, Gabapentin, Belsomra, Tramadol, Librium, Halcyon, Remeron and -- the last straw, Trintellix. Began in early 2016 when it was still called Brintellix (Pharma's attempt to combine the words "brilliance" and "intelligence" in a pill name), became unable to eat or sleep, lost 25 lbs and the ability to speak. Slowly tapered myself back to Prozac by 2017 but was unable to stop akathisia, cortisol mornings and kindling which continue, actively, through present.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi my dear,

Thank you for your kind supportive words on my thread, they are sometimes so much needed 😙

Glad To read that you are back To your normal work hours!

And that you've spent time with your family 🤗 You seem To be surrounded by great girls ! 😄

Bisous 🤗

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, the news -- I talked to our director about moving back to the bench (out of the admin position) and we're going to look at making the transition in January or February. She says it's up to me. We have someone new who would be great at the admin job and is kind of champing at the bit to get more of a challenge out of the job, I think she'll be perfect, and unlike when I started the position there should be time to give her plenty of training so she can hit the ground running. So I'm going through feelings about that, a little grieving, a lot of relief.

Also I have a nerd thing I'm excited about, I just ordered a new pipettor for getting to those low doses of citalopram and xanax that I'm on  now. It's the kind of pipettor we use in the lab, super easy to use and you can dial in the numbers you want and it goes down to 100 microliters. So excited! Yes I am such a nerd! Also getting a 100 mL graduated cylinder for making those higher dilutions. Hey, might as well have fun with it, right? This will make it easy to get down to teeeeeeeny doses before I step off, which I think is what my body needs.

I'm actually feeling pretty good today, after a few weeks of struggling with a lot of body/gut/cortisol issues. Yay, that's always nice! I think even though I'm sad about what I will be giving up with the job (especially the lovely lovely money), I am feeling so much relief in my body that I know it's the right move for me.

Anyway, onward!

2 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Well, the news -- I talked to our director about moving back to the bench (out of the admin position) and we're going to look at making the transition in January or February. She says it's up to me. We have someone new who would be great at the admin job and is kind of champing at the bit to get more of a challenge out of the job, I think she'll be perfect, and unlike when I started the position there should be time to give her plenty of training so she can hit the ground running. So I'm going through feelings about that, a little grieving, a lot of relief.

Also I have a nerd thing I'm excited about, I just ordered a new pipettor for getting to those low doses of citalopram and xanax that I'm on  now. It's the kind of pipettor we use in the lab, super easy to use and you can dial in the numbers you want and it goes down to 100 microliters. So excited! Yes I am such a nerd! Also getting a 100 mL graduated cylinder for making those higher dilutions. Hey, might as well have fun with it, right? This will make it easy to get down to teeeeeeeny doses before I step off, which I think is what my body needs.

I'm actually feeling pretty good today, after a few weeks of struggling with a lot of body/gut/cortisol issues. Yay, that's always nice! I think even though I'm sad about what I will be giving up with the job (especially the lovely lovely money), I am feeling so much relief in my body that I know it's the right move for me.

Anyway, onward!

Where are you getting the dial in micro pipette?  

A drugged nerd wants to know ...

1994  Venlafaxine XR 300mg, 2003 tapered, 2004 off briefly back to 37.5 then 75mg, held, June 2019 up to  150mg, Aug.12 tapered down to 112.5mgs, Oct. 21, 2019 96mg;  Dec. 8, 2019  90mg, Jan. 8 2020 81mg, Feb. 4, 75mg; April 17, 2023 37.5mg

2003/2004? Diazepam 10mg/bedtime

2013 Lyrica 300mg to 25mg; April 6, 2020 17mg; April 28, <5mg; May 7, 2020 Lyrica 0 mg!

2013 Tramadol 50mg tablets, 200mg/day divided

2005? Trazodone 50mg bedtime, Feb. 12, 2020 40mg, March 7, 25mg; Oct 1 20mg;  0mg!

2009? Zolpidem 5mg at bedtime. Nov. 9, 2019 Zolpidem 0 mg! 

1990? Omeprazole 20mg in morning.

2010? Levothyroxine 75mcg morning

2011? Liothyronine 5mcg morning

1999? Buspirone 30mg twice a day  August 2019 15mg once a day,  Oct.21, 2019 2.5mg evening  Oct. 25, 2019 Buspirone 0 mg!

3 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Well, the news -- I talked to our director about moving back to the bench (out of the admin position) and we're going to look at making the transition in January or February.

This is great news! Your supervisor is amenable to it and you have a successor. I am very pleased for you. And what an enormous relief.

3 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

though I'm sad about what I will be giving up with the job (especially the lovely lovely money), I am feeling so much relief in my body that I know it's the right move for me.

Your time and health (a finite resource) is more valuable than their money.  ;)  As you say - we live day by day.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:31 PM, Rhiannon said:

Pokey so great to see you again! Wow you are down to 0.1 mg, awesome! Looks like it's being frustrating to get below that, but honestly at such a low dose the drug is doing so little harm, don't make yourself crazy over it. Congratulations!

Thanks, Rhi!  

Good luck with your upcoming transition!

Poke

7 yrs Lexapro 10 mg. Mar/2011 - 1 month taper. Severe W/D. Multiple symptoms.Gallbladder and parathyroid surgery in Aug and Oct. Disability 3 months.  Dec/2011 reinstated 5mg Lex and went back to work. very bad shape.

By Aug/2012 - self tapered to 1.25 mg cutting pills. -very bad shape. Nov/2012  Dr. Hinz neuro-replete. up and down. Aug/2013 at aprox 1.0 mg Lex stopped neuro-replete ~Oct 2013 Found this site  ~ began using compounded Lexapro and have been micro tapering since then and holding as needed.

11/6/2013 -  0.6 mg

2/1/2018 - .135 mg  Now reducing 5-10% per month 

4/1/18 - .1 mg

4/17/18 - changed delivery from compounded individual caps to aliquot. went from .1 mg to .09 aliquot

7/4/2018 - .09 mg Holding due to wave of W/D symptoms

7/22/18 updosed to .1 mg aliquot

9/30/18 - reduced to .0975 aliquot

2/1/19 - updosed to .1 mg aliquot due to instability bad wave W/D

9/12/19 - back to .1 mg individual caps since could not get stable using aliquot

Sounds like good things ahead!

2005 St John's Wort / 2006-2012 Lexapro 20mg, 2 failed attempts to stop, tapered over 4.5 months in early 2012

January 2013 started Sertraline, over time worked up to 100mg

July 2014 Sertraline dropped from 100mg to 75mg, held for six months, slower tapering until 2019 22 Dec 3.2mg

2020 Sertraline 19 Jan 3.1mg, 26 Jan 3.0mg; 1 Mar 2.9, 7 Mar 2.8, May (some drops here) 24 May 2.5, May 29 2.4, June 21 2.3, June 28 2.2mg,  July 4 2.1mg, July 24 (or maybe a bit before) 2mg, early Nov switched to home made suspension; 29 Nov 1.8mg; approx 25 Dec 1.6mg)

2021 Some time in about Jan/Feb realised probably on more like 1.8mg and poss mixing error in making suspension; doses after 10 Feb accurate; 10 Feb 1.6mg; 7 Mar 1.4, continued monthly

10% drops until 1mg, then dropped 0.1mg monthly.

May 2022,0.1mg, now dropping 0.01mg per week

29 August 2022 - first day of zero!

My thread here at SA: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1775-bubbles/page/21/

Current: Armour Thyroid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Rhi, applauding your decision and so happy you are being rewarded with relief! I'm going to look for the pipette as well.

Now: 100 mg Zoloft am, 50 mg Trazodone.  Daily drug burden decreased from 2050 in 2018 mg to 150 mg 🐢🐢

Zoloft: 1/24/23 increased to 100 mg after suicide attempt 9/17/22 cut 6 mg, 8/14/22 cut 6.5 mg, 5/7/22 cut 12.5 mg 3/20/22 cut 12.5 mg 10/26/21 cut 6 mg 10/17/21 cut 5 mg, 9/17/21 Cut 3 mg,  9/13/21 cut 4 mg, 8/29/21 Cut 2 mg 8/8/21 Cut 3 mg  7/30/21 Zoloft: Converted 25 mg to liquid. Also take 100 mg pill & 25 mg pill=150 mg total
🌞 Feb 28, 2021 0 mg Gapapentin 2021 Gaba each dose 4x/day: Feb 27 7 mg (one dose only), Feb 10, 7 mg, Jan 14 10 mg 2020 Current taper schedule from Aug 30-present: drop 8 mg every 2-3 weeks. Aug 20 31 mg, Aug 18, 33 mg, July 29, 35 mg, July 23 38 mg, July 22 40 mg Jun 24 42 mg, Jun 15 44 mg, Jun 9 48 mg, May 22 50 mg, May 14 54 mg, May 7 56 mg, Apr 16 58 mg, Mar 28 60 mg, Mar 18 62 mg. Feb 26 64 mg. Feb 19, 66 mg. Jan 23, 70 mg. 2019 Dec 19, 72 mg. Nov 14 ,76 mg. Aug 8, 80 mg. Aug 6, 85 mg. Jul 26, 90 mg. Jul 11, 95 mg.

Jul 16 trazodone from 100 to 50 mg.

Jun 17-July 10 Slowly changed gab fr pill to liquid at same dose 100 mg 4x/d.

Apr 24 Stopped klon!!! 🌞 Apr 4  Decreased gaba to 400 mg (100 mg 4x/day)-Apr 4, 2019   0.25 klon March 11  Klonopin .5 mg twice daily, varied dose til Apr 15. Started Klon fast taper 25%, short use

Mar 16, 450 mg gaba 3x/day cut 600 mg--not exact!--updose after learning w/d

Feb 20, 2019 1800 mg gabapentin; MD taper; off 3 days=mvt disorder & autonomic instability. July 2018 temazepam 15 mg 1-2; prn several x/wk til Jan/Feb 2019 when cold turkey, flu illness for months

July 2018 started gabapentin 100 3x/day; titrated up to 1800 mg (600 3x/day)

Buspar, I forget how much, 2 pills a day Jan 2017-July 2018 cold turkey. On Zoloft since maybe 2004? After trying many.

*I speak from my experience. Nothing I say is medical advice. I'm not a doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thinking of you dear Rhi ❤️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi everyone--

I just used my new pipette today for the first time. I love it, it's going to make those tiny dosages so much easier to measure out.

I've been very busy, as usual. I seem to have mostly recovered from my little withdrawal incident in August. Still struggling with the usual health issues, mostly thyroid and gut issues, some sleep problems intermittently. But it's all the regular stuff, back to my baseline. So I'm ramping up my activities a bit.

Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hi to folks. Your support has meant everything to me, over and over again. Thank you all.

--Rhiannon

Hello Rhiannon,

I wish you holidays filled with peace and joy and thanks for your ongoing support of me throughout this adventure. You are an important role model - certainly for me.

I am glad you are back to baseline and that your sleep has improved.

Thinking of you.

Guilietta

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Wish you a delightful year of quiet healing ❤

Current medication :

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, thanks for the good New Year's wishes.

I'm struggling a bit right now with afternoon fatigue, gut issues, the usual. I also have a bit of a sinus infection right now. I have taken a couple of days off work and may take one more if I can override the guilty feelings to do that.

I'm also just struggling with feeling discouraged. It was ten years ago I got this job, moved up here from New Mexico, and started my tapering. Two years before that I was just getting out of the hospital, loaded up on new meds, after a suicide attempt which happened when I was once again trying to get off of Wellbutrin by alternating doses and experimenting with alternating doses with Effexor. (I know, I know, crazy! but I really didn't understand the power of these drugs yet at that time, I still thought of them as something that just affected you while it was in your bloodstream and I thought you could just take them like aspirin.) I had spent all my savings, lost my house, ended up moving in with some friends for a few months. It was a scary time, although I was on so many drugs I wasn't really very in touch with my emotions. 

I guess I'm having anniversary review feelings today. I'm finding myself thinking a lot about the past, about my hopes and expectations at that time. At the time my goal was just to get off meds and hold on to my job. I have mostly accomplished the former, although not as much as I would like, and I have definitely managed the latter. But I had dreams of maybe finding a love relationship, maybe managing to find a job in Portland closer to my daughter, having a brighter and happier and less lonely life than the reality that I have today.

It's not terrible. I'm just finding myself reflecting a lot, and also working on accepting that I am probably not ever going to be the strong amazing 100% healed self-actualized goddess that I would like to be. I have friends who care for me deeply, my kids are only about 90 minutes away, I have managed to save some money in my 401K (not much, but I started with less than zero, so anything is an improvement). I have my little mobile home, a safe place to live. My health could be better but it could be a lot worse too. My job still appreciates me and wants me to stick around. 

I mean, it's not terrible, and it's not my dreams come true. It's just--okay. Is okay enough? Can I let it be enough? Surely I can. Right?

Ah, I'm rambling. Well I guess I needed to. 

I'm going to put on a podcast and go for a walk, haven't been out of the house since day before yesterday and it's starting to get dark. 

Thank you all for being here and being so generous with your caring and support. Best wishes to everyone in the new year!

• Mentor

These feelings sound so familiar. Don't forget, you've come so far, Rhi! And you've helped a lot of people along the way. That means something. It's important.

And yes, the sadness is real too. I feel a similar sense of sadness and melancholy about my journey. I also believe your hopes for the future are still possible. 

What is that quote from Mother Teresa about doing small things in great ways? ❤

Now: 100 mg Zoloft am, 50 mg Trazodone.  Daily drug burden decreased from 2050 in 2018 mg to 150 mg 🐢🐢

Zoloft: 1/24/23 increased to 100 mg after suicide attempt 9/17/22 cut 6 mg, 8/14/22 cut 6.5 mg, 5/7/22 cut 12.5 mg 3/20/22 cut 12.5 mg 10/26/21 cut 6 mg 10/17/21 cut 5 mg, 9/17/21 Cut 3 mg,  9/13/21 cut 4 mg, 8/29/21 Cut 2 mg 8/8/21 Cut 3 mg  7/30/21 Zoloft: Converted 25 mg to liquid. Also take 100 mg pill & 25 mg pill=150 mg total
🌞 Feb 28, 2021 0 mg Gapapentin 2021 Gaba each dose 4x/day: Feb 27 7 mg (one dose only), Feb 10, 7 mg, Jan 14 10 mg 2020 Current taper schedule from Aug 30-present: drop 8 mg every 2-3 weeks. Aug 20 31 mg, Aug 18, 33 mg, July 29, 35 mg, July 23 38 mg, July 22 40 mg Jun 24 42 mg, Jun 15 44 mg, Jun 9 48 mg, May 22 50 mg, May 14 54 mg, May 7 56 mg, Apr 16 58 mg, Mar 28 60 mg, Mar 18 62 mg. Feb 26 64 mg. Feb 19, 66 mg. Jan 23, 70 mg. 2019 Dec 19, 72 mg. Nov 14 ,76 mg. Aug 8, 80 mg. Aug 6, 85 mg. Jul 26, 90 mg. Jul 11, 95 mg.

Apr 24 Stopped klon!!! 🌞 Apr 4  Decreased gaba to 400 mg (100 mg 4x/day)-Apr 4, 2019   0.25 klon March 11  Klonopin .5 mg twice daily, varied dose til Apr 15. Started Klon fast taper 25%, short use

Feb 20, 2019 1800 mg gabapentin; MD taper; off 3 days=mvt disorder & autonomic instability. July 2018 temazepam 15 mg 1-2; prn several x/wk til Jan/Feb 2019 when cold turkey, flu illness for months

Buspar, I forget how much, 2 pills a day Jan 2017-July 2018 cold turkey. On Zoloft since maybe 2004? After trying many.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/10/2020 at 1:02 AM, Rhiannon said:

I'm finding myself thinking a lot about the past, about my hopes and expectations at that time.

How I understand your thoughts ! I had so different expectations for my life too. It didn't go as planned, right?

But, what can we change in the past? Nothing. It is a terribly sad thought, but also an invitation to stop looking at it.

Have you ever read Tara Brach's work about acceptance?

I can't say I'm good at it, and <i still have a lot of work to do on acceptance, but I think it may be a powerfull key for us.

Thinking of you, and giving you big hugs ❤️

Current medication :

On 1/9/2020 at 4:02 PM, Rhiannon said:

I had spent all my savings, lost my house, ended up moving in with some friends for a few months.

since I am now in a bad place financially, I find it encouraging that you started somewhere bad but now you are able to own a home again. ❤️ 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, Rhiannon said:

I think even though I'm sad about what I will be giving up with the job (especially the lovely lovely money)

what Guilietta said is right, of course, and you must know that to have taken this step down.  has it already happened? is it a relief? 

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• Moderator Emeritus

On 1/10/2020 at 7:02 AM, ShiningLight said:

These feelings sound so familiar. Don't forget, you've come so far, Rhi! And you've helped a lot of people along the way. That means something. It's important.

And yes, the sadness is real too. I feel a similar sense of sadness and melancholy about my journey. I also believe your hopes for the future are still possible. 

What is that quote from Mother Teresa about doing small things in great ways? ❤

Found this:“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

Thank you. That's a good one.

It's good to be reminded that the future is still out there, too.  Who knows what might happen still. I don't want to think about it too much though because then I go to "fear" places, when I probably should try to focus on hope and possibilities. I've been really struggling with fatigue lately and it makes it hard to feel like I will ever have the energy to make good things happen. Hopefully it will pass, I've had bouts of fatigue like this before and they got better. Sigh.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:03 AM, Erell said:

How I understand your thoughts ! I had so different expectations for my life too. It didn't go as planned, right?

But, what can we change in the past? Nothing. It is a terribly sad thought, but also an invitation to stop looking at it.

Have you ever read Tara Brach's work about acceptance?

I can't say I'm good at it, and <i still have a lot of work to do on acceptance, but I think it may be a powerfull key for us.

Thinking of you, and giving you big hugs ❤️

I have heard of Tara Brach, will check that out. Thank you for the support and hugs Erell.

2 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

since I am now in a bad place financially, I find it encouraging that you started somewhere bad but now you are able to own a home again. ❤️ 

what Guilietta said is right, of course, and you must know that to have taken this step down.  has it already happened? is it a relief? 

I think you have reason to be encouraged. I mean my little trailer house isn't anything much but starting from where I started from I'm pleased.

I haven't done the job switch back yet because I'm waiting till all our new hires are trained and in place on their shifts that they're supposed to stay on. Once we're all staffed up I think it will be easier to train my replacement. I need to have a meeting with her and the director too. I go back and forth about it still but keep coming back to the health issues--- it's been scary and hard to be declining like this and if having a little less stress will help I think it's probably important to go for it.

Speaking of which, people seem to be coming in to the ER, I'd better get back to work...

• Mentor

Rhi, I hear you about the fatigue. I struggle with it too. Hang in there. I'm glad relief in the form of a hopefully easier job is on its way!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear  friends - @Rhiannon @ShiningLight @JackieDecides @Erell

I hope tagging everyone gets my words to them in case they want to read this (foremost for Rhi)

On 1/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, Rhiannon said:

Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

So true. It is about finding meaning in our work - not necessarily finding what we think is 'meaningful' work. 

We each have a different path - Accepting our path and forgiving ourselves and others who put us on this path is somethign I  struggle with (and forgiveness is divine as is said). As long as I don't get caught up in the 'what if' , 'only if' game , comparison, disappointment, mourning for my past, I do better.  I forget everyone else's business - and what they accomplished (or maybe their lives didn't turn out how they wanted) - it is wasted time and energy.

The road diverged in the wood (Robert Frost) so to speak. Now we have a new path to move down.

Look at our accomplishments and what are love and are proud of about ourselves.

Having positive expectations for our life - reasonable goals - is something that also helps. Think, I am going to find a way to do 'x' or 'how can I do to achieve x' - after determing x is what you really want.

Even though we began  our journeys with different 'goals' or 'hopes' in mind and others had for us (which doesn't  matter even though it is something I wrestle with - especiallky when reminded by others close to me) - for reasons beyond our control . Accepting our paths and  forgiving those who caused our negative feelings and beliefs is part of my challenge. Even if I don't like my path much of the time -  positive expectations helps move me forward. It is not easy but I think possible. ;)

And Rhi, I couldn't move along without you. I think you are a leader in the #1 (I think #1 - please correct if wrong!) board for those surviving ADs on the world-wide web. WOW.

Hugs and love and gratitude to you

Giuilietta

p.s. sorry Rhi about the length of this and if i moved off topic...i thought it was tied in ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just checking back in...it's been a bit rough on and off lately. I got sick and was using cold medication (NyQuil) for a few nights to keep from coughing and then as I have been very slowly recovering from being sick I have been struggling with insomnia anew. I wonder if it's an after effect of the cold medication. I had also stepped down a bit more on my diazepam, finally down to just 1 mg and determined not to updose again, but these cortisol mornings are rough. I just feel like I will never get my life back completely. 

Ah well, life goes on. One day at a time.

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Rhi, 

I'm sorry this month isn't going like you would.

I wish I could eradicate those symptoms you have !

Anyway, just wanted To give you my hugs and support ❤

Current medication :

I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling from getting sick. I hate insomnia. 🙁

20 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

I just feel like I will never get my life back completely.

I feel like that, too, but objectively it's probably not true.  but feelings aren't objective! 

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Doing better. Three nights in a row of at least seven hours of pretty good sleep, and yesterday I got out for a 45 minute walk. I guess I'm going to make it... 🙂

8 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Doing better. Three nights in a row of at least seven hours of pretty good sleep, and yesterday I got out for a 45 minute walk. I guess I'm going to make it... 🙂

wow, nice! 

Sure you are going to make it! You've travelled a long road and are still doing it. *bam* 

When are you going to jump Xanax if I may ask? 

Antidepressant history

2001 - 2018: Paxil / seroxat (20 mgs), several failed c/t and taper attempts.

2018-September: last failed c/t attempt.

2018-October: reinstated Paxil (30 mgs)

2018-October thru 2019-January: Short-term Oxazepam & Diazepam use. Tapered off very slowly. Jumped 10Jan2019.

Brassmonkey Slide Method stats

Currently on hold on 0,1 mgpw after an updose due to becoming increasingly unstable.

Supplements: C, D, Magnesium

Miscellaneous: low on alcohol (1/2 times/year). No substance abuse. Lower carb diet with cheat days. Wim Hof Method. Buteyko. Calisthenics. Hiking.

• 1 month later...

Hope you continue to feel better, Rhi! 

Sending my best from Brooklyn!

Poke

7 yrs Lexapro 10 mg. Mar/2011 - 1 month taper. Severe W/D. Multiple symptoms.Gallbladder and parathyroid surgery in Aug and Oct. Disability 3 months.  Dec/2011 reinstated 5mg Lex and went back to work. very bad shape.

By Aug/2012 - self tapered to 1.25 mg cutting pills. -very bad shape. Nov/2012  Dr. Hinz neuro-replete. up and down. Aug/2013 at aprox 1.0 mg Lex stopped neuro-replete ~Oct 2013 Found this site  ~ began using compounded Lexapro and have been micro tapering since then and holding as needed.

11/6/2013 -  0.6 mg

2/1/2018 - .135 mg  Now reducing 5-10% per month 

4/1/18 - .1 mg

4/17/18 - changed delivery from compounded individual caps to aliquot. went from .1 mg to .09 aliquot

7/4/2018 - .09 mg Holding due to wave of W/D symptoms

7/22/18 updosed to .1 mg aliquot

9/30/18 - reduced to .0975 aliquot

2/1/19 - updosed to .1 mg aliquot due to instability bad wave W/D

9/12/19 - back to .1 mg individual caps since could not get stable using aliquot

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey Rhiannon, 

Comment vas tu ?

Thinking of you ☀️

Current medication :

• 1 year later...

Hello @Rhiannon, you mention in your introduction that you went into some horrible suicidal depression after quitting your AD. Do you remember how long it lasted ? I know we are all different but I would be reassured if I had some kind of hope that it goes away after some time. Thank you 

• 6 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi folks! I was just telling my friend Jackie about how I'm having some WD now after jumping off citalopram again and she said I should post here. I wasn't going to because last time, in the summer of 2019, when I jumped off at 0.1 mg, I had to reinstate, so I was going to wait until I was sure I wasn't going to have to reinstate this time before posting an update.

But really the more I think about it, that's silly. Y'all are going to be supportive whether I have to reinstate again or not, and I love your support and need it, because nobody else in my world is ever going to validate my experience with these drugs.

I jumped off in late December 2021 at 0.01 mg. Now it's two months out and as usual, like clockwork, I'm starting to feel the WD. It's really mild so far but what is crazy is that after this veeeeeery slow taper and stopping at such a low dose, the fact that I can feel it at all. Once again, these drugs are POISON. So powerful.

So far I'm just noticing that I'm a little more on edge than usual, kind of irritable, a little more critical of people, having to watch myself not to snap at people sometimes. Also, having occasional bouts of out-of-nowhere anxiety that comes on suddenly and then fades away as I breathe and remind myself it's probably just withdrawal. Not that there aren't plenty of reasons to be anxious in today's world, but I know what my anxiety baseline is, and this is something a little different.

I did just drop down to part time hours this month, which is part of why I picked this time to jump off. Hopefully having less work stress and more time to relax will be helpful.

Anyway, hi there, folks.

And I just want to remind everyone that if you find that you have to taper super slow and you are sensitive to even tiny tiny doses and changes, well, you're not the only one. It has helped me so much to meet a few people here who are as sensitive as I am. 

Hi Rhiannon. Nice to hear from you and really sorry for the troubles. I went back home to the Pacific Northwest for 2 1/2 years and though beautiful and my home, I became ill from mold mycotoxins. My physician is in the Portland area and my nervous system is very sensitive to change as well. I guess the positive is that I respond well to the helpful things. Perhaps with more time on your hands you've had an opportunity to become rested and are more inclined to reflect on your life. I found that to be so in my case especially with pandemic protocols in place. I just have to take it slow and easy as this chapter in my life unfolds. I do a lot of child's pose. Lol 

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.