Rhiannon

☼ Rhiannon's intro (by Rhi)

Guilietta

Hello @Rhiannon

Thinking of you and how strong a person you are to have pullled yourself up - purchased a home - have been working in an advancing job - and are now thiking of a new and different future for yourself. This takese great courage for peole who have not gone through WD.

Giulietta

Rhiannon
On 11/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, Pokeshaw said:

Hello Rhi!  

Saw your post and wanted to send my regards and support. Like many others here I have so much identification around the stress issue. I completely understand your reasoning. Makes perfect sense to me!  I have a feeling you are being guided along the way!

Take good care!

Pokeshaw

Pokey so great to see you again! Wow you are down to 0.1 mg, awesome! Looks like it's being frustrating to get below that, but honestly at such a low dose the drug is doing so little harm, don't make yourself crazy over it. Congratulations!

Rhiannon
On 11/30/2019 at 6:08 AM, Guilietta said:

Hello @Rhiannon

Thinking of you and how strong a person you are to have pullled yourself up - purchased a home - have been working in an advancing job - and are now thiking of a new and different future for yourself. This takese great courage for peole who have not gone through WD.

Giulietta

Thank you G. I tend to feel so weak, compared to what I was able to do in the past. I've had a lot of adventures, although they have mostly been around survival so I don't have a lot to show for them. But--weakness has its gifts and lessons too, and I am trying to surrender and learn and keep growing.

Rhiannon
On 11/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, intothewoods said:

@Rhiannon, I was happy to read this as massage therapists are some of the most centered, contented people I know. The profession is so focused on enhancing well-being and using our natural resources to heal and thrive -- you know all this. I think it's super-perfect that you would segue into massage more as you are able with the job benefits, etc. I love massage and was privileged to write about some spa areas, including Calistoga and Mendocino (not that far from you?), and remember floating through the days. 

You asked about my mom on my thread, if she is on the site, but I'll answer here quickly because like you, I've set limits on screen time and on sites that tend to trigger me. If you want, send me a pm so we can keep in touch. My research is coming along thanks in no small part to your help and my mom's. Although she's not on the site, she stays on top of things (she is an RN and chose to work in brain surgery ...!) and is a powerful force for healing. 

Take Care, Rhi.

Catherine 

If I send you a PM here will you be able to read it if you have screen limits?

Your mom sounds awesome! 

Thanks as always for your support, Catherine.

Rhiannon
On 11/28/2019 at 2:40 AM, Erell said:

Hi dear Rhiannon, 

I was thinking of you today and wondered how you are doing ?

Are you still doing extra-hours at work ?

Do you still plan on holding on your doses for a couple of months ?

Plein de bisous !

We are back to normal hours at work, fortunately. This past weekend I had a short vacation and went to visit my daughter--the one who lives further away and is not the mother of the grandbaby, so I don't see her as regularly. It was so sweet. I love nothing in life more than my daughters and granddaughter.

I am doing pretty well. The health issues continue and have not gone away or improved much, unfortunately. 

I am tapering valium slowly still but holding everything else right now and I am actually contemplating holding up to six months.

Bisous to you too!

Guilietta
5 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

I tend to feel so weak, compared to what I was able to do in the past. I've had a lot of adventures,

Thank you for sharing, Rhi. I am sorry you feel this way. I understand and feel the same - often depending on what kind of day it is in WD - whether physical or emotional symptoms. Imagine that 'feel' and 'compared to waht I was used to' is something other people feel about themselves. They haven't been through what you or I have (or others here). 

I never thought I would be 57 and living with my parents after the promise and accomplishment of years past.

It is hard to leave the past behind us and live in the present and accept where we are. Bad things happen to good people. I wonder how much of these feelings of self-sabotage and self-deprecation are in our heads - and that turning negative emotions and feelings into positive ones will help us not compare ourselves - but nurture and love ourselves for what we have done.  

I was glad to see / and I am glad to know...you are so fortunate...and I know they cherish you.

5 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

I love nothing in life more than my daughters and granddaughter.

Hugs,

G.

intothewoods
7 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

If I send you a PM here will you be able to read it if you have screen limits?

Yes, no problem. Thanks, Rhi. 

Erell

Hi my dear,

Thank you for your kind supportive words on my thread, they are sometimes so much needed 😙

Glad To read that you are back To your normal work hours!

And that you've spent time with your family 🤗 You seem To be surrounded by great girls ! 😄

Bisous 🤗