☼ Rhiannon's intro (by Rhi)

Rhiannon

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Nikki! I really love hugs. :-)

And thanks for reminding me, I was going to say too where I hope to be a year from now. I'm hoping, knock on wood, to be able to get all the way off Celexa in 2013. Or very damn close. And to get down to 60 mg or even 50 of Lamictal. I'm not really pushing the Xanax taper this year, although I expect I'll get down under 0.2 mg. I'm also not tapering the Valium aggressively at all.

Hard to be excited about such small changes, but really looking forward to being all the way off the damn Celexa. Hate that stuff.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Glad to hear you are doing so well overall but really sad about the time lost. I know just how it feels. Obviously, nobody gets back the past but I hope (for me too) that time and understanding can help you with acceptance.

It really sucks though.

Hope things get even better through 2013. Keep us posted!!

best,

ALex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Rhi i think you should start a thread about missing out on our kids. I have really felt like that lately since ive been off. I look back at pictures from when mine were babies and hardly remember that and they are only 6 and 8. I was constantly tired and although i did pretty well i just really never felt like a normal parent. Im grieving over that lost time. Im in 7 mos of wd now and so once again im missing out because i never really feel well. Of course im trying the best i can but it takes so much effort. I hope my kids dont grow up to hate me. Im so worried about that. I hope they dont remember much of this time.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2895-antoinette-lexapro-withdrawal/page__p__31234__hl__antoinette__fromsearch__1#entry31234

Lexapro for 10 years

Cold turkeyed in April 2012

Reinstated and had severe adverse reaction in may of 2012

• Moderator Emeritus

I have an intro thread somewhere, but it's so far back I can't find it, and I don't remember what it was called.

You are here:

Rhiannon's intro

I've moved your topic there. I've got the same problem. Now that a year has passed it's difficult to find my intro.

Hugs from me, too. You've been an inspiration to so many of us.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rhi,

'

What a wonderful update and thought provoking post on the journey. I think it's great that you can see the positive changes and the kind of perspective that this kind of hardship provides. You come across as strong, courageous, emotionally capable, empathetic and measured. All wonderful qualities in my book. I take my hat off to you and admire what you have done and how you have done it.

And I'd like to give you a hug as well.

take care

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Administrator

Rhi, so good to hear from you. Look at how far you've come....

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

It's wonderful to read this, Rhi. You are an inspiration.

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

Rhi I found your story..Bless you. I wish I could be so strong.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I know it doesn't matter mathematically, but I'm officially down to 1.9 mg of Celexa now, which means I'm UNDER 2 MG!

Yeah,yeah, when it takes 3 years to get here some of the thrill is kind worn around the edges. Still. If I can't celebrate here where can I?

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

• Moderator Emeritus

Woo hoo!!! That's great Rhi. You deserve to celebrate. You've done such a good job, been so patient, courageous and strong

Well done

Dalsaan xx

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Rhi,

That's really good to hear! It took patience to get where you are. I really admire you!

I've just gotten below the 2mg mark on Risperdal, so I understand your being thrilled about it. (Although its not anywhere equal to your low dosage considering 1mg was my initial dosage, still...)

I'm happy for you! :lol:

I know what you mean about stabilizing and getting to now yourself...I hope I can do as well as you. Do you have a plan as to when you can "hop off?"I would like to cut Trazodone but? I would like to make small drops a day instead of 10% at once. Just a plan..At least I can make a plan..lol For a while there I couldn't think to make a plan.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• 3 weeks later...

Rhi,

I just saw your most recent update and want to add my hugs, love and gratitude for sharing your incredible journey with us. Truly inspirational and encouraging.

Love,

Barb

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

:-)

Thanks for all the love and support and encouragement! You are the BESTEST humans.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Oy...having a rough time, thought I'd post in my thread here for, oh, I don't know, hugs, I guess.

I've had to slow my taper down because of working nights, which isn't really a surprise, but still a bummer. I thought the weird schedule might screw with my hormones and neurotransmitters, and sure enough it seems like it does. So frustrating, I was going so slow already. Now I'm barely tapering at all.

But I'm going to stay on this work schedule for a while, because it's giving me a chance to begin to recover financially just a little bit from the aftermath of being disabled during most of my adult earning years, and having no savings at all. I need to get at least enough money in the bank that I can take care of myself in emergencies, anyway.

Been feeling really rough the past few days. Having cortisol "mornings" (in the evening around the time I get up) and ongoing free floating anxiety and agoraphobia, and lots of those hot flashes that I get from glutamate/histamine being all screwed up. Occasional bouts of feeling like I don't want to live, which I haven't had in a really long time. Needless to say I'm holding my taper for a while.

I hate this.

But, hanging in there...with the help of this forum and you great people...

You are always such a help and inspiration, Rhi. I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now.

Many hugs.

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

So sorry you're having a tough time, Rhi. I can't imagine doing shift work! Just the 1 hour change to DST knocked me on my a** this year.

Sending many hugs, much love and THANKS for all you do for so many.

B

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

Mucho hugs, Rhi.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to hear this as well, must be tough doing shift work in withdrawal in any case, you offer so much encouragement and words of wisdom to others, I hope you feel better soon.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• Administrator

Hi Rhi

I am also sorry to hear you are having a rough time, but you are not alone. I am having some free floating anxiety, too right now. I am off work for the next week and I appear to be anxious about not having the structure of work to lean on :unsure: . Well, that's all I can associate it to ... otherwise it is free floating anxiety.

We all go through this and we do get better. Remember, we do get better.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rhi,

I'm so sorry things have gotten bad for you. I can't imagine doing shift work while tapering, in fact, I don't think I could ever handle that. When I was 16 yrs old, my father-in-law worked a swing shift job and I couldn't imagine doing it even as young as I was then.

We all care about you and hope you feel better real soon.

Hugs and love,

Tezza

Hay Rhi, you are amazing, fantastic you are working, I so admire you. I am currently taking a work break, so to speak, just not well enough to be doin it.... However I did do a whole year in retail whilst in acute withdrawal from the Prozac cold turkey, was seein things and going in on zero hours sleep the majority of the time.....It frustrates me to not be working, was running a company before the doc suggested I come off cos he didn't think I needed it any more. At the moment it's a real struggle with the 3 kids though, couldn't do more. Keep going, keep going, when your not on your shift rest as much as poss. Those unwanted bad thoughts aren't real, they come and then they go, had some today for a while and tonight I was in hysterics at a tv programme! You are doing so well! Loads of love. Xxxxxxxx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hugs hugs and more hugs for you Rhi. You have given so many of us great advice. I wish there were more i could do but say HUGS TO YOU!!!!! Muahhhh! And...this too shall pass.

RU

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Face it, Rhi... you are LOOOOOVED!!! And smashed with virtual hugs. Your oxytocin levels must be offthecharts!! :D

Have to say I'm sorry, too. But so good that you know the cause, and at least one part of your mind can rationally know it is not about the essence of you.

Do you sleep? Do you keep the sane schedule on off days? I feel for you, I worked nights for 1.5 yrs. out of college...felt like 100 yrs. And I think a piece of my depression in my late 20's was from a day/night rotation, switching every two weeks. What kind of work do you do?

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

I am so sorry Rhi - shift work is a killer at any time, let alone during withdrawals. When i was young and childless, i really liked night duty (nursing) - busy but without the distractions of ringing phones and difficult doctors. I loved driving home and 7:30 and crawling into bed. But once children came along it was too tough to try and get the hours of sleep in and i would end up nearly vomiting from exhaustion at 4am.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

Hi Rhi glad I checked in to see what you are up to. Could the night shift be aggravating the WD?

Halting the taper at this point is a good move. Think about what you are accomplishing. Working again, working a night shift, and doing a multi withdrawal. It's alot. So have the cortisol and free flowing anxiety is bound to occur. Give yourself permission to have it.

In a few weeks this should be behind you. This stuff is cyclical. Lots of hugs for you this evening :D

When you feel this way, just keep posting, someone will stop by to chat with you, just like you've done for us.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope you feel better soon Rhi

{{{hugs}}}

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks you guys for the outpouring of goodness!

Still feeling crappy, mostly. The weirdest thing is how I find myself thinking hopeless thoughts, this is as good as my life will ever get, it's always going to be like this, etc... Even though I'm pretty sure I do remember feeling better than this, even fairly recently. And it seems like I do recall reporting on multiple occasions that I feel better after a hold and then worse after I cut again. And logic tells me, it's probably going to happen that way again.

Thank you so much for making me feel cared about and not so alone in this long hard journey (life, actually, that is, but in particular the psych drug disaster part of it...)

• Moderator Emeritus

You are always such a help and inspiration, Rhi. I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now.

Many hugs.

Sparrow

Oh, thank you Sparrow. It's good to hear that. Hugs back!

• Moderator Emeritus

Mucho hugs, Rhi.

Thanks Alto. I am so grateful to you for creating and maintaining this space.

• Moderator Emeritus

The weirdest thing is how I find myself thinking hopeless thoughts, this is as good as my life will ever get, it's always going to be like this, etc... Even though I'm pretty sure I do remember feeling better than this, even fairly recently.

I know right! This is the worst element of withdrawal in my opinion.

Anyway, feel better, you're not alone.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

• Moderator Emeritus

So sorry you're having a tough time, Rhi. I can't imagine doing shift work! Just the 1 hour change to DST knocked me on my a** this year.

Sending many hugs, much love and THANKS for all you do for so many.

B

Aw, thanks Barb. Thank you too for your work and all the support you give to others. Like me.

:-)

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to hear this as well, must be tough doing shift work in withdrawal in any case, you offer so much encouragement and words of wisdom to others, I hope you feel better soon.

Aw thanks Strawberry! It's good to hear that the stuff I write is helpful, especially when I'm feeling low.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rhi

I am also sorry to hear you are having a rough time, but you are not alone. I am having some free floating anxiety, too right now. I am off work for the next week and I appear to be anxious about not having the structure of work to lean on :unsure: . Well, that's all I can associate it to ... otherwise it is free floating anxiety.

We all go through this and we do get better. Remember, we do get better.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

sorry you're having the anxiety crud too...Hopefully you'll have some fun while off work, that will make up for it. (Even if it's just watching Netflix.)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rhi,

I'm so sorry things have gotten bad for you. I can't imagine doing shift work while tapering, in fact, I don't think I could ever handle that. When I was 16 yrs old, my father-in-law worked a swing shift job and I couldn't imagine doing it even as young as I was then.

We all care about you and hope you feel better real soon.

Hugs and love,

Tezza

Thanks Tezza. I'm not always real good at letting people care about me. I'm trying to read all the responses and let each one in.

I do think I'll feel better soon. Just, when soon...