aprilshowers210: Debilitating Post Acute WD syndrome, Unable to Eat

aprilshowers210

A- Are you looking for success stories of people who went back on meds or just success stories in general?

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

2 minutes ago, Armorall said:

A- Are you looking for success stories of people who went back on meds or just success stories in general?

Success stories from people who went back on meds

I only know one- mapleleafgirl. She did a four year taper. Relapsed after 20 months. Was in acute withdrawal for four months, then reinstated. But she also says that she has had the uncanny ability to reinstate- she did it at 11 months before. That's not really common- I'm actually making a sheet that quotes all of people's kindling experiences or fear of because of the known danger in remedicating. 

I wrote mapleleafgirl some time ago about it, she might be able to answer questions on it. 

If you do a search on kindling, I think you'll find that as the much more common (and horrific) outcome, but I know you are suffering to an extreme extent. 

I guess I should shut up and let a mod answer the question. I have no qualifications on speaking one way or another on it. 

https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

Hi @aprilshowers210, How are you?  I’ve been thinking about you. Where are you at? Has anything eased over the last few days?

Take care K

Lexapro Fast Track/ Cold Turkey

Last dose end Dec 2018 

Tapered 1/2 a daily dose a week (20mg) for  14 weeks, last dose was a 20 mg pill!!  

3.5 times slower than Psychiatrist recommended, I felt proud of myself!! Little did I know!!!!Got too scared to reinstate because I’d left it too long.

On ADs for 20 years (Prozac approx 10 years/ Pristiq approx 3 years/ Citalipram approx 2 years/. Lexapro a approx  5 years/. Last two years 40mgs Lexapro day.

4 minutes ago, Katy398 said:

Hi @aprilshowers210, How are you?  I’ve been thinking about you. Where are you at? Has anything eased over the last few days?

Take care K

Thanks so much for checking in. Things are, not great? I’ve been able to eat more and I’ve gained weight back (and muscle) but my food choices are limited and I still experience a lot of uncomfortable symptoms. Eating throughout the day still stimulates me a lot so by the end of the day I’m usually having headaches.

I’m not doing well emotionally. Because of this ordeal I’m missing my brother’s wedding in India. Missing that is killing me inside, and knowing that these symptoms are so debilitating, I just feel I have no hope left. I don’t know how much more missing out I can do.

Sounds like you are improving! I'm sorry you are missing your brother's wedding, that is hard. But, things are getting better! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I don’t know if anyone is still following this, but I have an update that I think is worth posting.

I became suicidal and checked myself into inpatient care at a facility I’d been to before years ago. I decided I wanted to go back on medications, but obviously I was terrified. However, what I found through the process was improvement. They started me on 5mg of Lexapro which I tolerated with no issue. I then moved up to 10mg to begin building up a therapeutic dose and the only symptoms I experienced were some night sweats and heart pounding the first night. I have since had a tightening of the window of symptoms I experience. I have been feeling significantly better, my fatigue has decreased markedly, and I can eat food fine. I have a ways to go, but the improvements I’ve seen are honestly staggering. 

I expect to have some ups and downs as I go, but I’m so surprised at how okay things have gone.

5 hours ago, aprilshowers210 said:

Hello all! I don’t know if anyone is still following this, but I have an update that I think is worth posting.

I became suicidal and checked myself into inpatient care at a facility I’d been to before years ago. I decided I wanted to go back on medications, but obviously I was terrified. However, what I found through the process was improvement. They started me on 5mg of Lexapro which I tolerated with no issue. I then moved up to 10mg to begin building up a therapeutic dose and the only symptoms I experienced were some night sweats and heart pounding the first night. I have since had a tightening of the window of symptoms I experience. I have been feeling significantly better, my fatigue has decreased markedly, and I can eat food fine. I have a ways to go, but the improvements I’ve seen are honestly staggering. 

I expect to have some ups and downs as I go, but I’m so surprised at how okay things have gone.

I am glad that you are doing better! This is most important to feel good!

AD: Seroxat since 2005 20 mg and tapering from March 2018 10% every 4 weeks.

15-11-2019 down to 5.5 mg 

28-12-2019 crashed really bad on 5.5mg 

01-01-2020 updose to 7mg

16-01-2020 Updose to 9 mg

Benzos: Bromazepam 1.5 mg daily since 2015

Quit CT Bromazepam 16-01-2020 No withdrawals 

Occasionally 1.5 mg extra

Last extra 1.5 mg 12-01-2020

A low histamine diet helped me.

I found out about it when I did a search on here for 'chest buzzing'. When I started cutting out foods cited on lists as high-histamine or histamine releasers I noticed immediate improvement. 

I cut back to an extremely bland diet of mostly rice, sweet potatos and a few fruits and vegetables.

There are also foods which are high in quercetin which inhibits histamine release. Apples provided the most relief for my symptoms.

Even the foods which I could tolerate still had effects although much less severe ones. The tiniest amount ingested made an immediate difference.

1996: Mellaril (Thioridazine) - taken just once, "high" then "comedown" with suicidal threats and gestures

1998-2009: various antidepressants, mostly(I think)SSRIs
2008: Risperdal for 2 week period (caused unbearable akathisia)
2009-2017: Prozac 60mg and Wellbutrin 300mg (began at lower doses
2017, early: stopped meds after lowering doses at 2-week intervals
2017, mid (about 3 months later): withdrawal symptoms begin, prozac reinstated almost immediately, other hellish symptoms begin.

Press on slowly raising dose back to 60mg hoping (and with GP reassurance) for return to 'normalcy'. Now 2-month intervals before dose increase

2017, late: Wellbutrin reinstated (and starting Wellbutrin again too
2018, mid: hellish symptoms still there, stop meds again over about 3 or 4 months.
2018, late: withdrawal symptoms again begin about 3 months after last dose of meds (prozac)

Hey I’ve read through your story. It has given me hope. First, I’m so glad you’re feeling better. 

I’m about 5.5 months off cold turkey antidepressant. I’m sensitive to a lot so I’m petrified to reinstate, but your story has given me hope that maybe I will be okay after all. Please keep us posted.  

2012-2019 Nardil/phenelzine (maoi) - 45MG

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

(I went cold turkey off both in August 2019)

@aprilshowers210

I have been keeping up on your thread, too.  I’m so glad you’re finally able to eat again.  What a relief it must.  So glad you took care of yourself and did what you needed for your health/wellbeing.
Cathy

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

2007-2009 Prozac, xanax, klonopin

2009-2018 Zoloft, xanax, klonopin

2019 January zoloft 150mg, February 100mg, April 75mg, mid-May 50mg, July 25mg, (xanax .5mg or .25mg as needed)

August zoloft 25mg HOLD, CT xanax, reinstate 50mg zoloft, September reinstate 100mg zoloft w/.375 klonopin, mid-September lower to 75mg zoloft

2020 January:  .125mg klonopin 

February 1st: .112mg klonopin

February 24th:  60.3mgai zoloft

2020 December 1st:  off klonopin completely

currently on 15mgai zoloft 

I’ve also been looking in on your thread. Your food intolerances was one of the scariest symptoms I’ve read.  I am so relieved for you that symptoms have improved. You really needed this respite. Phew. Well done you’ve been so brave. Best wishes Thinking if you Kx

Lexapro Fast Track/ Cold Turkey

Last dose end Dec 2018 

Tapered 1/2 a daily dose a week (20mg) for  14 weeks, last dose was a 20 mg pill!!  

3.5 times slower than Psychiatrist recommended, I felt proud of myself!! Little did I know!!!!Got too scared to reinstate because I’d left it too long.

On ADs for 20 years (Prozac approx 10 years/ Pristiq approx 3 years/ Citalipram approx 2 years/. Lexapro a approx  5 years/. Last two years 40mgs Lexapro day.

• Altostrata changed the title to aprilshowers210: Debilitating Post Acute WD syndrome, Unable to Eat
  • 1 year later...
On 2/21/2020 at 8:07 PM, Dave1 said:

@aprilshowers210/ how are you feeling? 

Hey everyone. It’s been a while! To be honest I had to take a break from here because what I went through was really traumatizing. I’m still unable to talk much with people in my life about that time but, I just wanted to share my life update as so much time has passed.

I am doing quite well! I still suffer with physical symptoms and I still cannot tolerate caffeine and highly sugary drinks, but overall I can live a somewhat normal existence. My sleep is still a barrier for me because if I wake up early I’m riddled with indigestion, nausea, headaches, head rushing, etc. I still struggle with significant digestive issues but I can eat. I also have fatigue that tends to prevent me from more rigorous activity and I currently don’t have the ability to hold down a full time job so I do gig work with a delivery app. 

All of that said, I’m just happy to be more okay than I was then. I was terrified, and truly wasn’t sure if I could make it out. One day I hope to find doctors that believe me and don’t attribute it to a sudden “severe anxiety” but until then, I am surviving okay. Thank you all so much for your messages, they mean so much to me.

Also as a note I’ve been on 15mg of lexapro with 10mg of melatonin to sleep at night and this has been the routine keeping me okay for the time being.